Down with slide detection! (General Discussion)

Down with slide detection! // General Discussion

1  |

dion

Jun 12, 2002, 4:59am
I find it to be pretty useless and actually quite annoying when I go to run
into something and it slides me all the way through the object. And it makes
it near impossible to make a paintball world without people cheating by
sliding through walls! It's just a pain so far and I see nothing good from
it.

It needs to be fixed or taken out!

maki

Jun 12, 2002, 3:09pm
lol, but it's oh so fun :) especially going up steep custom stairs, and
going up steep mountains/hills..hmm ^_^

maki - [awmaki.com]

[View Quote]

pc hamster

Jun 14, 2002, 2:18am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] And besides Dion, in a Paintball world, I would want that kind of challenge.

On top of that, even BEFORE 3.3 came out, all one had to do to avoid being
hit by a paintball would be to simply FLY through an object. Having said
that, HOW is slide protection any different???

Patrick

carlbanks

Jun 14, 2002, 2:51am
Also if you walk around a wall or object too much you can actually go
through objects. This means people can actually get into restricted
buildings now.

[View Quote]

dion

Jun 14, 2002, 3:38am
fly through an object? huh?

"dion" <GovDion at subdimension.com> wrote in
news:3d09815c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> fly through an object? huh?

I think he means shifting (pass-trough).

KAH

dion

Jun 14, 2002, 6:01pm
uh... you turn it off in world features... that's what you do in paintball
worlds so that it's a bit more... realistic? LOL :-P

"dion" <GovDion at subdimension.com> wrote in
news:3d0a4b93$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> uh... you turn it off in world features... that's what you do in
> paintball worlds so that it's a bit more... realistic? LOL :-P

I know that, but maybe Pc Maniak's never been to a pball world? :-))

KAH

dion

Jun 15, 2002, 2:43pm
heh, maybe so.

[View Quote]

imagine

Jun 17, 2002, 4:57pm
Hi :)

I've never been to a paintball world but I still find it annoying, because
every time I go to look out a window, if i'm right at the window, I end up
slideing to the side and only end up looking at the wall next to the window.
It sucks, and I to see no good reason for it. What was the original reason
behind it anyway?

Imagine