AwRadio (General Discussion)

AwRadio // General Discussion

1  |

a1cttourist5

May 19, 2002, 10:14pm
This is an exciting post, AWRadio! Streaming Stereo, Clear, Crisp, you will
hardly know its not from your own computer!
I plan to have news about different worlds, music, requests of different
mids or music that comes from certain places.
WHAT YOU CAN DO--- Listen, I need news, you can become a DJ! I need strings
on your thoughts about this idea if I don't get any positive feedback on
this idea then I wont continue.
You can listen right now, if I'm on, probly not, but you can only listen is
you have windows media player. It wont work if you just click on the link,
you have to past the url in the player. http://pineriverA1ct.d2g.com:8080
You can find updates on this by going to airtvwebhome.tripod.com
PLZ let me know what you think

Methinks you need to slow down a tad, chief. You've already been trying
to get a TV station going, and now you want to start a radio station
*too*? You need to do one thing at a time if you want to get anything
worthwhile and successful out of this. Look at it this way, would you
rather have one huge success, or lots of little failures?

[View Quote] > This is an exciting post, AWRadio! Streaming Stereo, Clear, Crisp, you will
> hardly know its not from your own computer!
> I plan to have news about different worlds, music, requests of different
> mids or music that comes from certain places.
> WHAT YOU CAN DO--- Listen, I need news, you can become a DJ! I need strings
> on your thoughts about this idea if I don't get any positive feedback on
> this idea then I wont continue.
> You can listen right now, if I'm on, probly not, but you can only listen is
> you have windows media player. It wont work if you just click on the link,
> you have to past the url in the player. http://pineriverA1ct.d2g.com:8080
> You can find updates on this by going to airtvwebhome.tripod.com
> PLZ let me know what you think

Nobody plans for success anymore...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

alphabit phalpha

May 20, 2002, 8:41pm
Hey A1:)
I do believe that Danny2k already has AWRadio as a radio station?
Anyone know what's up with AWRadio?
Thanks,
Bit:)

pc hamster

May 21, 2002, 1:41am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I don't see anything wrong with his approach Goobs, though he may wanna fix
his link problem as IE and RealOne both think the link he gave, which is
http://pinerivera1ct.d2g.com:8080/ is a WEB PAGE.

Tourist - Can we find your station on SHOUTcast?? (I'm assuming so) If so,
in what genre(s) is it listed under??? The name of the station would also
help. :-)

Just an FYI...Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

P.S.: Perhaps the creation of some banners would also help spread the word
as many of us can sprinkle a few billboards all over our towns too. :-)

pc hamster

May 21, 2002, 1:46am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] That's a good question....

Speaking of AWRadio, a wonderin' thought just came to mind and I figured you
just *might* have the answer to this question....

Does AWRadio have the radio rights for such events as The Cys or is it just
simply a TV thing??? Just curious :-)

Cheers for now everyone... :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado
http://home.talkcity.com/MinivanAve/patrick32/

a1cttourist5

May 21, 2002, 6:41pm
As I said before you copy and paste http://pineriverA1ct.d2g.com:8080 in
your Windows Media Player, if you have the player you can get it by
searching for it at zdnet.com. The link works when I am broadcasting, witch
is about 2 hours of every day since this AWradio station is still small,
when I am not online it will act like it is a dead link. I try to start
broadcasting by 3:00pm US Texas Central Time.

I had my station on SHOUTcast, but it was very hard to tell ppl about it
since every time I broadcast the url would change, the way I am stet up now
I have my own server, I am working on a way to have it so that when I stop
broadcasting there is an offline message, instead of an error.

I am working on some SWF banners and I have some on www.a1ct.tk

To see when I am offline and online you can go to the AirTV website
airtvwebhome.tripod.com

Thank you very much for your input :-)

Sorry if I put this post up 2 times, I thout I put the post in the rong
string

builderz

May 21, 2002, 9:41pm
You are lucky that your station will not be effected by CARP (or at
least not yet). See http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/176700.html for
more information.

-Builderz

agent1

May 21, 2002, 9:55pm
Seeing as that law would only apply to the U.S., it wouldn't affect the rest
of the Internet. So if someone wants to run a server outside of the U.S.,
there's not much an American law can do to stop them.

silenced

May 21, 2002, 10:04pm
Most countries have similar internet laws. I'm sure there's someway it can
be tied into another law. Lawyers and that bunch always find the loops.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

pc hamster

May 21, 2002, 11:02pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] If the DMCA and other American-originated webcasting/copyright laws have
been adopted in some form in your country, you bet your wallet they can come
after you.

Also, if you use an American-based company (such as Live365) for your
broadcasts, the only way you are protected is if said company like Live365
has a blanket license covering YOUR BROADCAST. However though, depending on
the language in the laws, there is (potentially) NOTHING to prevent the
labels from enforcing the laws of your country and using them to come after
YOU to collect royalties EVEN THOUGH YOU USE AN AMERICAN BASED BROADCAST
HOST.

That is what we're trying to keep from happening (and with today's ruling, a
major battle has been won, but the war is still on!).

Just an FYI....:-)

Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
Program Director - KPDC Internet Radio -
http://www.live365.com/stations/10478
KPDC Internet TV
The **MIGHTY** MusicRadio 102X - http://www.live365.com/stations/96294
The **ALL NEW** MusicRadio 102X Lite -
http://www.live365.com/stations/218455
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado
http://kpdcnetradio.tripod.com/
http://kpdcnettv.tripod.com/
http://musicradio102x.tripod.com/
EarthCam TV Channel 133809 - http://tv.earthcam.com/channel.php?id=133809

"a1cttourist5" <pineriver at thenett.com> wrote in
news:3ceab102$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:
[snipped]

The address of your server in WMP is no different from the SHOUTCast
system, you don't *HAVE* to use an IP, hostnames work fine.