maki // User Search

1  ...  16  17  18  19  20  |

Active Worlds Experience

Feb 24, 2004, 7:25pm
Active Worlds Experience is a new program hosted by AWNews offering one
tourist per month to experience all of the features of Active Worlds through
a thirty day citizenship they can have easily transferred into a full year
account.

Please help promote the Active Worlds Experience program in your world by
using the ad http://awnews.org/ad/awe.jpg (about 25kb), pointing to
http://awnews.org/AWE/. Thanks!

Maki Kato
http://awnews.org

Active Worlds Experience

Feb 25, 2004, 11:08pm
I sure would. Thanks Ryan, that would be appreciated. :)

Maki Kato
http://awnews.org
[View Quote]

Active Worlds Experience

Feb 26, 2004, 11:45pm
[View Quote] Essentially, a "randomizing" program does this, however, I have contacted
the person handling entries for AWE and the following is their reply on this
topic:

"Good and worthy question.

The answer is simple. I assign each entry a random 6-digit number or
6-letter name, and then enter those numbers into a program called 'bonfire'
(1997 palmcoast software). Then with a click of the mouse, the program
builds a random stack. The first, the top is the winner."

Thanks,
Maki Kato
http://awnews.org

Poll: AWNews Newsletter

Mar 3, 2004, 12:44am
Please take a moment to vote whether you'd be interested in a newsletter (to
your email) from AWNews or not:
http://awnews.org/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=NS-Polls&file=index&pollID=21

You will need to login. For help with logging in, see the bottom of this
article:
http://awnews.org/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=386&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Click "Remember Me" to stay logged in longer!!

Register here: http://awnews.org/html/user.php?op=register&module=NS-NewUser

Thank you!
Maki Kato
http://awnews.org

DSL Problems, Help!

Mar 6, 2004, 4:17pm
Check for firewalls. I experienced this problem when first trying to host a
world, and I still cannot because of my DSL modem. I could not seem to
access it, but others could. Turned out there was a NAT firewall built in to
my DSL modem, and since, I have gotten a newer model that is supposed to
allow you to disable it, but cannot to this day.

Maki Kato
[View Quote]

aw Community Hate Mail Straight from The sources

Mar 10, 2004, 9:38pm
Stop replying to posts like these. They're just fishing for attention. It is
ridiculous and disgusting - we don't need to acknowledge it.

Maki Kato
http://awnews.org
[View Quote]

new list of stolen object passwords circulating

Mar 14, 2004, 1:06am
[View Quote] Alphabetical. :)

Maki Kato
http://awnews.org

AWNews introduces new update format

Apr 4, 2004, 6:18am
AWNews will now be updated once weekly, so you'll always know when to expect
new content. Each Sunday, the AWN Cover will feature new content including
articles, features, polls, and more.

Slightly modified Cover to welcome the new format. Check us out:
http://awnews.org

Have content to submit? Remember, it will be included with a weekly update
instead of being posted immediately. Content must be received the Saturday
before the Sunday update (IE: 4/10 will be the due date for the 4/11
update). Submit to all at awnews.org, or by clicking "Submit News Tip" on the
Features menu.

Thanks for using AWNews!

Maki Kato
http://awnews.org

Need Help!

Apr 7, 2004, 12:05am
From Barbara? I don't think that's a joke.

Maki Kato
[View Quote]

CyAwards Transcript?

May 25, 2004, 6:21pm
I would post mine, but I don't believe it has every user's comments because
of the nearest avatars limit?

Maki Kato
http://awnews.org
[View Quote]

AWNews: Daphne Memory Collection

May 24, 2004, 11:24pm
AWNews would like to extend an invitation to the friends and acquaintances
of the late citizen Daphne to contribute, in their own words, their memories
and memorials in her honor. These will be published as a collection on
Sunday, May 30, 2004.

You may send your contribution anonymously or sign it with either your
citizen name or real name. This collection will forever stand as a memorial
for one of AW's most beloved citizens.

To participate, please send your submissions to: all at awnews.org by no later
than midnight Friday, May 28, 2004. Submissions should contain text only,
any images we receive will be omitted.

We invite you to view this collection on this Sunday, May 30th.
http://awnews.org

Maki Kato
AWNews

AWNews: Improved Registration

Aug 2, 2004, 12:26am
Hello,

Previously, one was sent a randomly generated password by email when
registering at AWNews. You can now choose your own password upon
registering!

It's easy! Just go to
http://awnews.org/html/index.php?module=xuser&func=Signup to register.

If you already have an account, but have forgotten your password:
-Go to Lost Password:
http://awnews.org/html/user.php?op=lostpassscreen&module=NS-LostPassword
-Enter your username and the email you used to sign up.
-Click Send password.
this time.
-You'll be sent a temporary password - login with this and go to My
Account/"Change my info" to set a new password that you'll remember.

If you need more help retrieving a lost password, just send an email to
all at awnews.org.

We're in the process of developing and adding more member-only features
besides what already is restricted to registered users, so gain access to
your account now!

Visit http://awnews.org and check out our recent updates and improvements.

Thanks!
Maki Kato
http://awnews.org

AWNews Volunteer

Oct 11, 2004, 6:30pm
Volunteer writer and public relations positions are open at AWNews. Please
show your interest by visiting http://awnews.org/volunteer/ to learn more.

Maki Kato
http://awnews.org

AWNews Volunteer

Oct 11, 2004, 6:30pm
Volunteer writer and public relations positions are open at AWNews. Please
show your interest by visiting http://awnews.org/volunteer/ to learn more.

Maki Kato
http://awnews.org

Newsgroup alternative: AWNews Forum

Jan 30, 2005, 5:43am
AWNews has launched a forum due to some recent demand for such a feature.
This forum is fully integrated into the AWNews portal system and works with
your current (or newly registered) account on awnews.org.

This is not a desperate attempt - just a response to the request of some
users, and so we'd like to offer these advantages over the newsgroups:

-No need for a news reader, easy to use web interface
-Better moderation
-Express yourself with avatars and html signatures
-Integrated with AW's top news site, awnews.org
-You can use this forum whether your citizenship is active or not

All you have to do is either login or register on awnews and click one of
the many links to the forum and you're set to go. We've created an easy link
to go directly to the forum once your account is setup: forum.awnews.org

If you need help with your account, please send an email to
support at awnews.org. We will help with passwords and other account and forum
issues promptly.

Thanks!
Maki Kato
AWNews :: things do happen in aw

AWNews seeking talented object modeler

Feb 17, 2005, 2:18am
AWNews is currently looking for an object modeler interested in working with
us, possibly over the next month or two, on an upcoming project.

We're looking for a modeler who's capable of creating very unique objects
with innovative texturing. We will be open to your own ideas for us so long
as they meet a basic criteria and layout.

You will need to have evidence of your modeling ability for our evaluation.
Of course, anyone willing to do this will be compensated respectively.

Modelers interested may send an email to pr at awnews.org. Please include in
your email basic information about yourself in relation to Active Worlds and
what your typical fee structure is.

Please note that this project is in prospective stages and may change with
time.

Thank you,
Maki Kato
AWNews :: things do happen in aw

AWNews 5th Anniversary Celebration!

Apr 20, 2005, 9:07pm
Join us Saturday, April 23rd to celebrate the 5th anniversary of AWNews! The
first article published on AWNews is dated April 20th, 2000.

The celebration will be held in Maya and main festivities will run from
7PM-8PM VRT. Both citizens and tourists are welcome!

At the event:
AWRadio Broadcast
Active Worlds Trivia (Prizes!)
Release of a new organization
Exhibits about AWNews
Past AWNews Staff
A possible live game of Who wants to be a Millionaire by GSK (Prize
available if played!)

Come to the AWNews 5th anniversary for a good time! Chat with friends, enjoy
music, win some prizes! Pass this invite on - see you there! Be sure to
check out our anniversary update, too!

Maki Kato
AWNews :: things do happen in aw

AWNews 5th Anniversary Celebration!

Apr 23, 2005, 3:36pm
At the moment, it looks as though GSK's game will not be played. Guess that
means more prizes for trivia. :)

Should be a casual, not too time consuming event (depending on how long you
decide to stay), so stop in! :)

Maki Kato
AWNews :: things do happen in aw
[View Quote]

AWNews 5th Anniversary Celebration!

Apr 23, 2005, 9:16pm
Thanks to everyone who attended and participated! It was great fun.

Maya remains open tonight for viewing the world, and chatting if there are
that many people there. :)

Maki Kato
Support AW | www.supportaw.com
[View Quote]

Notice: Annual Invite Day

May 12, 2005, 11:46pm
You can always spend time going through AW and writing up news articles for
AWNews, too. :) volunteer at awnews.org

Maki Kato
Support AW | http://supportaw.com

[View Quote]

Universal Chat Channel for Active Worlds?

May 31, 2005, 11:37pm
I don't think I'd care for this idea. I see your point with new users, but
if any user can just hop onto a big single chat pool, where's the fun of
exploring the universe and only talking in the location you're at?

Maki
[View Quote]

New Support AW Feature: Suggestion Box

Jun 29, 2005, 12:01am
Greetings,

We have just added a suggestion box to the Support AW web site. A primary
function of Support AW is gathering input from the community for the content
on our pages.

Rather than only accepting e-mail suggestions, any user can now simply
scroll to the very bottom of any page on the site (with the exception of the
homepage) and find the suggestion box where comments can quickly be entered
and submitted.

The system is meant to be very fast and simple - please include name/email
in the comments box if you wish to receive credit or a response.

While you're visiting, check out the new features and content we've added
since our launch.

Support AW Homepage: http://supportaw.com

Thanks,
Maki Kato
AWNews / Support AW / AWGate.com

New Support AW Feature: Suggestion Box

Jun 29, 2005, 12:05am
One other note -

The intent of having the box on every page is not only for convenience, but
the comments submitted should be in regards to the page you are currently on
(Example: You're on the Places to See page, and wish to submit a new world
for the list).

Thanks,
Maki Kato
AWNews / Support AW / AWGate.com
[View Quote]

PYRO GODDESS/MADNESS

Jul 10, 2005, 3:49am
Agree with you Coree -

This situation deals with potential fraud and dissatisfaction and can be
helpful to members of the community looking for these types of services. I
agree that these newsgroups should not be a place for meaningless rambling
and chat logs but this issue in particular does have some necessity.

Maki Kato
AWNews / Support AW / AWGate.com
[View Quote]

AW Newsletter Coming Back

Sep 2, 2005, 8:10pm
Active Worlds' official newsletter will be returning soon...

http://activeworlds.com/newsletter

Maki Kato
AWNews / Support AW / AWGate.com

Help on World.

Oct 23, 2005, 7:02pm
I've always had a similar problem when attempting to host my own world...
except other people can enter the world, only I get the "looking for"
message.

I've always blamed it on my MSN by Qwest DSL modems though - both of which
have a NAT firewall installed that can only be turned off by flashing the
modems to their original manufacturer's firmware (something I don't care to
mess around with).

Not sure if it's the problem but this NAT firewall has plagued MSN customers
for a long time. I know it can't be my wireless (linksys) router because
I've had the same problem since before I used a router. :)

Maki Kato
AWNews / Support AW / AWGate.com

[View Quote]

Introducing team @ awnews

Nov 3, 2005, 2:24am
Greetings!

AWNews is proud to introduce a restructured volunteer program, and we're
looking for some talented individuals to fill our Team Writer positions! The
former volunteer at awnews program is becoming team at awnews.

AWNews will now cover the cost of your citizenship for your entire time
working with us. This offer is open to the AWNews Team Writer position. By
simply meeting the specified quota each month, an additional month will be
added to your account. Please note however, this program is not to earn a
month "from time-to-time." We want you to become involved in the
organization.

Also involved with the restructured program are in-world meetings. At least
once a month, AWN team members will get together and discuss AW happenings
and AWN features. We'll try to make writing for AWNews as simple and
enjoyable as possible. :) Team members will also be eligible to receive
bi-annual/annual bonuses.

If you're interested in this program, please visit our new team at awnews web
page. On it you will find additional information about benefits and the
requirements you'll need to meet in order to join the team. Please read
terms carefully and address all questions to all at awnews.org.

team at awnews: http://awnews.org/volunteer/team/

Thanks :)
Maki Kato
AWNews / Support AW / AWGate.com

Goober Zone on the Intarweb

Jul 20, 2006, 9:18pm
Wow! I never noticed these posts of yours down here.

Maki Kato
Support AW
[View Quote]

I love AWSupport..

Nov 18, 2005, 10:17pm
Hello :)

Much of the content on Support AW is created by the community, and in fact,
the majority of users on the Community Leaders section were nominated by
site users.

While we filter many irrelevant elections, we are not always aware of
disturbances casued by those users. If you feel a certain way about persons
on our site, you need to let us know to have it changed.

There is a Suggestions Box at the bottom of every page of the site.

Kind regards,
Maki Kato
AWNews / Support AW / AWGate.com

[View Quote]

Wireless Connction Woes

Nov 29, 2005, 1:11am
I experience the same issue, though less frequently. I use a linksys WRT54G.

My drops tend to be more subtle. Generally, I don't notice anything *except*
the balloon that says it's now connected to my network. And it doesn't occur
while transferring a file, or any such in particular.

I don't run a world server so I don't have a problem with anything visually
like that. Sometimes the connection balloon doesn't even popup but people
will greet me in MSN as though I had been gone.

Would be nice to know the problem anyway - unstable router? Computer?