the derek // User Search

1  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  |

AW statistics?

Sep 13, 2002, 1:44am
no its #43 on the list the cit# is 297734 lol i dont have it cause i cant
afford it.
[View Quote]

opinions and flaming and stuff

Sep 22, 2002, 5:14am
i wonder that too... ive never seen ANYWHERE out of control as bad as these
ng's
[View Quote]

NewAW Flyover!

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C28F18.8CA38930

any change o fjust images for us people without broadband :D
[View Quote] =20
I will probably replace this with a better clip tomorrow.
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C28F18.8CA38930

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>any change o fjust images for&nbsp;us =
people=20
without broadband :D</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"e n z o" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:enzo at activeworlds.com">enzo at activeworlds.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3dd971e3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3dd971e3$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hey guys,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Here is a movie taken in NewAW. It is 25 megs cuz =
I don't=20
know the first thing about WMV encoder.&nbsp; It's also a little =
choppy so if=20
you have a slow connection wait for the reviews before =
downloading.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; =
mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><A=20
=
href=3D"http://objects.activeworlds.com/newbuild/images/flyover5.wmv">htt=
p://objects.activeworlds.com/newbuild/images/flyover5.wmv</A></SPAN></DIV=

<DIV><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; =
mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><FONT=20
face=3DArial></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Some of the things you will see are the new camera =
angles,=20
the seqs attached to different environments such as flying, swimming, =
running=20
- the seqs also have sounds linked to them.&nbsp; Then we go for a =
flyover of=20
some of NewAW using the UberJetpack from Acme, it's really fast... the =
first=20
couple of times I hit trees :)&nbsp; we go for a swim and then fly to =
the=20
mountains where I get altitude sickness...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Enzo<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I will probably replace this with a better clip=20
tomorrow.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C28F18.8CA38930--

NewAW Flyover!

Nov 19, 2002, 10:29pm
i just wanna see what the world looks like.. and sorry for typos it looks
like i was drunk lol
[View Quote]

welcome message

Jan 4, 2003, 3:36am
here is the welcome message for AW

Immigration Officer: Welcome to Active Worlds! For complete details of this
new version open the "User Guide" tab or go to
http://www.activeworlds.com/help/.

Join us for the 5th annual Avatars conference, celebrating J.R.R. Tolkien's
eleventy-first birthday in AV02!

now... what exactly is an eleventy-first birthday?

welcome message

Jan 4, 2003, 3:42am
eleventy.. lol
[View Quote]

New Trojan being advertised apparently

Aug 13, 2003, 5:29pm
> AW wouldn't "advertise" 3.5 over Telegrams

what if E N Z O forgot how to change the universe welcome message...

[View Quote]

Good Gravy

Aug 14, 2003, 4:13pm
looks like baro got into his dad's cupboard again ;-)

Email: thederek at sbcglobal.net
AIM: IAmTheDerek
ICQ: 4953664

Good Gravy

Aug 14, 2003, 5:00pm
when did the drinking age drop to 12... did i miss something?

Email: thederek at sbcglobal.net
AIM: IAmTheDerek
ICQ: 4953664

need help with English paper

Nov 20, 2003, 3:15am
i have an english paper due friday and was almost done, but forgot that
i had to include a survey or interview with it. well i chose to do a
survey, so im asking that you fill it out. its at
http://testingcgistuff.tripod.com/acne_survey.html and shouldnt take
very long. please fill it out, and take it seriously :D

AW needs incentives for world owners

Nov 22, 2003, 5:53am
well i own a 39nswe world and said i was willing to buy another 20nswe
world for an object yard (even pay for 2-3 years in advance), if they
waived the liscense fee, and it was about 2 years ago
lemme see... if they had given up $69 bucks they could have made 80
right now... wow makes so much sense doesnt it

[View Quote] > It would be a good buisness tactic for AWI to do. Whoever is devoted to
> their world, keeps it running long enough, or has an overall good record
> (maybe other factors as well) AW could help support the world, maybe lower
> the price on it, or add a few extra coords for free. That would help keep
> the private worlds running, and fewer world owners running off in
> frustration because they got nothing in return from AWI from all the work
> they did on their own worlds.

E N Z O wake up your citizenships R dying, we are trying to save your ship!!

Nov 22, 2003, 7:39pm
did weyoun's post have any point whatsoever... hmm I THINK NOT

[View Quote] > And you think that's going to do the trick? Match idiotic ranting with
> obscene ranting?
>
> LF

proof that i have no life!!!

Jan 23, 2004, 4:59am
i finished building a road. A really long one. Yeah. Might not exactly
be the longest, but i wasnt planning on it being longer than a couple
hundred coords when i started it. I call it the Intertown Highway. Yup.

anyways theres a map outlining the highway's path at

http://testingcgistuff.tripod.com/gz.jpg

Can't really get exact locations until the next update of the map is online.

If you have a town you want connected (anywhere in AW), telegram me.
If you want to build a town along the highway, go ahead i cant exactly
stop ya.

want a world

Feb 17, 2004, 6:34pm
i was wondering if anyone had an old world they arent using (current or
expired) that they would be willing to give (or sell) to me. I dont want
to pay the liscense fee and i want an object yard world for the world i
have and i think a 70 buck liscense fee for an object world is
ridiculously ridiculous

thanks

want a world

Feb 17, 2004, 6:48pm
i may be going to the poor house, but hopefully, some day, i will be the
owner of a poor world :D
cheers

[View Quote] [View Quote]

want a world

Feb 17, 2004, 8:45pm
id never be the actual owner, and yes they could take it back if they
caught me not running it... and i suck at bingo. needless to say even
though i dont want to pay the 70 bucks, if i havent at least heard of
you, then i probably wont accept ur offer.

[View Quote] > I don't think worlds are transferable under the agreement. proberly can have
> use of a world but will never be yours and can be taken back any time..
>

> You could try to win one at bingo and save the $69.00

[View Quote]

Question Non-AW

Jun 4, 2004, 1:06am
I just bought a 2001 Dodge Ram pretty loaded :D
but it doesnt have the thing i wanted the most--a sunroof!

so here's my question:
Has anyone ever (or know someone who has) had an aftermarket
sun/moonroof installed in a car or truck? i want to get one put in my
truck but i want to hear other peoples experiences and possibly some
companies that have been around for a while before i pay someone to cut
a hole in the roof

Question Non-AW

Jun 4, 2004, 1:55am
thanks lioness. i do plan to contact the dealer, but they are usually
not the ones who actually do the work, so it will probably be pretty
expensive to go through them.

after a few hours of looking i found a company named webasto
(http://http://www.webasto.us/) and they look like they are pretty
reputable. They have been around since 1901, were the first to develop
the metal sliding sunroof AND the tilt/slide sunroof. Plus there is an
authorized dealer about 30 minutes from where i live.

if anyone has ever had experience with this company (even if it was a
factory installed sunroof) please let me know

thanks!

[View Quote] > I just bought a 2001 Dodge Ram pretty loaded :D
> but it doesnt have the thing i wanted the most--a sunroof!
>
> so here's my question:
> Has anyone ever (or know someone who has) had an aftermarket
> sun/moonroof installed in a car or truck? i want to get one put in my
> truck but i want to hear other peoples experiences and possibly some
> companies that have been around for a while before i pay someone to cut
> a hole in the roof

Unusual sighting

Jun 5, 2004, 6:00pm
When i say unusual, i dont mean something you dont see every day-i mean
something that some people may NEVER see (ie once in a lifetime)

last night at about 1:15am PST i was driving down the highway (facing
south, i believe) and i saw something really unusual in the sky

now i think it was a meteor or satellite, but whatever it was it was HUGE

at first it started as a small orange line/flare and i thought it was a
plane going down or a missle test. that assumption was quickly proved wrong

it then accellerated quickly and turned into a huge blue streak at an
angle towards the ground then changed back into an orange color while
fading out just above the horizon

i can almost absolutly dismiss the possibility of it being a satellite
simply because of how far it got through the atmosphere

i just wanted to know if anyone else saw this, and if anyone else knows
what it was

and most importantly-did anyone catch it on video :D

Unusual sighting

Jun 5, 2004, 6:17pm
LMAO no i dont think it was a UFO :D if it was then i want to eat thier
dead bodies for dinner tonight

[View Quote]

Unusual sighting

Jun 5, 2004, 7:10pm
Sacramento, CA.

[View Quote]

Unusual sighting

Jun 5, 2004, 8:26pm
that would be a possibility if it hadnt been shut down ;-)

[View Quote]

Unusual sighting

Jun 5, 2004, 8:35pm
the possibility of it being a weapon test is really slim. there are no
AFB's that do testing nearby, and the speed it was going pretty much
rules out any chance it was an aircraft, especially one at high
altitudes. ive seen some of the tests that are done at the base in
southern california, and those are not as high scale as what i saw. any
top secret test like this would have been more feasable during the day
because then it wouldnt have been so visible

[View Quote]

Unusual sighting

Jun 8, 2004, 11:09pm
well i think i know what the thing i saw in the sky was

http://spaceweather.com/meteors/arietids.html

[View Quote]

To much power in the hands of perverts

Jul 6, 2004, 7:31am
they will especially do it out of curiosity. the more barriers you set up
the more curious a child will become as to why its so forbidden to do a
certain thing
[View Quote]

Why no 3.6 Beta for general community???

Jul 21, 2004, 6:22pm
im having the same problem with my sound...
[View Quote]

what the hell...

Jul 22, 2004, 5:44am
ok this is an excerpt from a chat i had last night... i was trying to
explain aw to someone when there was no gk on duty in awgate

The Derek: ejections only eject you form a particular world for a set amount
of time
"ladieluck": no Derek and whom ever.. I just today went into a few 3D
prgograms that were much better... I think
The Derek: like if i just started swearing like crazy and got ejected i
could still go into all the other worlds, and after a certain amount of
time, even come back to this one
"ladieluck": what is the amount of money to be here? say for yr
The Derek: ratings are for the world content
"ladieluck": amou nt
The Derek: i think its 60 something or 6.95 a month
"ladieluck": JJM
"ladieluck": You are kidding me !!!
The Derek: i pay 5.95 a month to just use my xbox online
"ladieluck": I was in several otday that were not as much at all as that..
!!!!!!
"ShellyNut": hehe
"ladieluck": and they had LOTS ;more to offer!
"ladieluck": and too the gretting was much better
"digger": hi all
The Derek: im curous to hear a few
The Derek: the greeting here is usually better when a gatekeeper is on duty
"ladieluck": I visdited There . com as my grand son wanted me too
"ladieluck": visited...
"ladieluck": but you siad a GK was a person that ekects?
"ladieluck": ejects?
The Derek: only if someone is out of order
"ladieluck": looking at your tab worlds
The Derek: second life charges 70 a year, more than that if you want land
"ladieluck": oh mne
"ladieluck": me
Immigration Officer: Welcome to Tours if no Guide is present, please try one
of our selfguided tours located West of where you entered Tours. To the East
are teleports to all the worlds open to Tourists. If you need assistance
email us at awguides at activeworlds.com
[Customs Aide]: Welcome, The Derek. For the Conduct Guidelines please say
World Rules or see http://www.activeworlds.com/community/conduct.asp
Immigration Officer: Welcome to the AWGate. Much of the content in Active
Worlds is user generated & may not be appropriate for all users. Setting
your browser rating level can improve your enjoyment of AW by reducing your
exposure to offensive content. Enjoy your stay :)
[Customs Aide]: Welcome, The Derek. For the Conduct Guidelines please say
World Rules or see http://www.activeworlds.com/community/conduct.asp
"ladieluck": but they have alot more.. I think
"ShellyNut": what is this music from?
"angelcorpse": the place
The Derek: second life has better graphics...but you cant have as much room
to build-not nearly
"ladieluck": he has 2nd life..
The Derek: how much does there.com cost?
[Customs Aide]: You have been ejected for unacceptable language
Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from awgate

what the hell...

Jul 22, 2004, 5:46am
just as a sidenote.. i was watching the gate for a gk who was about to come
on duty... and aw has no-doubtedly lost this customer for good... (you would
have to see entire chat log to fully understand why)
[View Quote]

what the hell...

Jul 22, 2004, 4:27pm
these will not get you ejected:
megadeath.com
hello.com
worlds.com
search engine urls etc..

these eject you:
there.com
secondlife.com

now im no genius... but aw CAN get into legal trouble with this, no?
[View Quote]

what the hell...

Jul 22, 2004, 4:35pm
these also wont eject you