foxmccloud // User Search

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  11  |

Ghost Objects in View Window

Jan 19, 2002, 3:44pm
Let me say what I think about DirectX :P
Since I installed DirectX 8.1 nearly every time I start a game or anything that uses 3D, I have to REBOOT before I can use anything
Direct3D again, or the card refuses to work ! All the while, whatever happens I can still use OpenGL mode even if DX doesn't work.
OpenGL is the past and the future, DirectX was a bad dream inbetween :P

Does anyone else have the same problem with DirectX? it's really annoying.

(My card is a Geforce3)

Fox Mc Cloud

"syntax" <syntax at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message news: 3c491b82 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> wtf.
> Use Direct X mode my son.
> --
> - Syntax -
> http://swcity.net

[View Quote]

Ghost Objects in View Window

Jan 20, 2002, 12:12am
nVidia does a very good job at supporting Linux and OpenGL, but they are supposed to support DirectX very well too...

Fox Mc Cloud

"sw chris" <chris at skywalkeronline.net> a écrit dans le message news: 3c4a20ad at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I dont' think the GeForce 3 was created with DirectX in mind, was it?
>
> SW Chris

Ghost Objects in View Window

Jan 20, 2002, 4:23pm
It's very unlikely to be a hardware problem if it only happens in OpenGL and not Direct3D...

Fox Mc Cloud

"captain mad mike" <cmm at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message news: 3c4aff2c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Yeah, I notice it after I've been using my comp for a while (like last night
> I was on AW for a couple hours and noticed them). I guess its my 7197
> drivers (my bad, using the leaked betas still lol), These latest drivers
> have some issues with OpenGL (in CS: player weapons models balloon out at
> the ends, and this prob)
>
> At first I thought I burned the HUD from Jumpgate into my monitor (but then
> I saw the pattern they were in, nothing like it lol)

Old AW Splash Jpgs

Jan 28, 2002, 8:58pm
There was a website where all versions of AW were available for download, if I remember well... I don't remember the URL however..
Does that ring a bell to anyone? The splash screens can be taken from each version after installing them...
It would be nice if you made them all available on a little page when you get them, can be interesting :)

Fox Mc Cloud

"sinew" <citizenaw at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3c55c12d at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> True. I have full sized 2.2, 3.1, 3.2. The others are small. If anyone
> has full sized splashes (300 x 300) of the remainder I haven't listed here,
> I'd like to have them. They need to go at AWHS Community Center, but until
> then I've got them displayed temporarily at a build in AW.
>
> I don't know, I suppose Jdal is gone-haven't gotten a reply from him about
> the pictures already missing from AWHS because of the Xoom move to Italy.
> I'll check around about that; hope they aren't missing for good.

Desktop Shells/Extensions

Feb 9, 2002, 4:00am
Try enlightenment on linux, it rocks ;)

Fox Mc Cloud

"cozmo" <b.nolan2 at verizon.net> a écrit dans le message news: 3c648b81$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I was looking around download.com today and I say some shells and shell
> extension programs. I was sort of amazed at the screenshots and though "I
> gotta have this...". There was one that was a shell replacement that looked
> incredible and said that its used little memory and so on but of course it
> costs a fortune :( another one had some great features too like objects you
> can add onto it that you can customize and ways to make it looks like a Mac
> or XP desktop. Most of them cost money except for a few that were on free
> website hosts with versions of 1.0 lol.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had personally tried anything like this try to
> include:
>
> -How did you like it
> -How did it perform system-wise (was it slow or crashed a lot)
> -Features
> -Cost and name/url etc..and other info
>
> Thanks. I just need some recommendations so if I actually do choose to try
> one that I don't pick the wrong one and screw up my system.
>

> --
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> A message from Cozmo
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Desktop Shells/Extensions

Feb 9, 2002, 4:42am
So you can't host things under linux? lol

Well I know your problem, I have it too... AW being the main one... And the lack of a good multi-IM program like Trillian too...
still you should dual-boot to linux sometimes, it's refreshing :)

Fox Mc Cloud

"cozmo" <b.nolan2 at verizon.net> a écrit dans le message news: 3c64bb8c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> cant...unless you want to re-program all of the games and apps i
> use......and no dual boot cuz i host stuff too.

[View Quote]

worldbuilders & objectmakers UNITE!: single object refresh petition

Oct 19, 2000, 3:55pm
Doing 2 or 3 different checksums on the program would be quite efficient and
easy to do... I would very much like to see that happen too...

FoxMcCloud

"lord vector" <mike at vectorscape.com> a écrit dans le message news:
39ee5dab at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Well I for one would love to see it done, we have to bare in mind that
> roland has been given a deadline of the 1st of December for 3.1 so I dont
> imagine it will be in 3.1 but from the tech talk post I can see there is a
> load of cool stuff that will be. Maybe in 3.1a or 3.2 perhaps.
>
> What I would love to see even more is a stop to cracked browsers maybe an
> algorythum could be created to do this. Everyone get your brian in gear
and
> help roland out on this one as it would be a wise investment for all
>
> Lord Vector.
[View Quote]

worldbuilders & objectmakers UNITE!: single object refresh petition

Oct 19, 2000, 3:57pm
I agree it would be really useful, and would like to see it in a next
version, too...

FoxMcCloud

"eep" <eep at tnlc.com> a écrit dans le message news:
39EE3930.D58C8513 at tnlc.com...
> OK, I tire of having to set object refresh to 0 minutes, visibility to
25m, and turn off multiple avatars and their animations (SEQ) just to
refresh a single object, texture, sound, SEQ, etc! A SINGLE object refresh
is LONG overdue and I think we should DEMAND it be implemented into AW.

> And especially since there is no AW3 RWX viewer, the current RWX viewers
are useless to see the better light shading, prelighting, and other AW3-only
RWX effects. Since AWCI has not provided an AW3 RWX viewer, in order to see
how objects will BEST look in AW it is necessary to refresh them in AW.

> Sure, one can make a bajillion versions of the same object with minor,
incremental changes, but, come on, how realistic is that? Not only does that
needessly fill up the world's models cache, it's annoying to have to delete
all those versions.

> Plus, there is no way in AW to change all of the RWX commands like surface
settings, opacity, texturemapping tile amounts, etc, etc so a single object
refresh is even MORE necessary.

> I would like to see a single object refresh before or included with AW
3.1. If anyone else does, too, I suggest you start posting here and
confronting, Roland, Shamus, Rick, JP, Lucrezia, and other AWCIers about it.

> --
>
> http://tnlc.com/eep/ - Active Worlds, Tomb Raider, 3D game comparison, The
Sims
> Enable line/word wrap if text not wrapping. http://tnlc.com/eep/wrap.html
for more info.
> DON'T QUOTE SIG WHEN REPLYING!

worldbuilders & objectmakers UNITE!: single object refresh petition

Oct 27, 2000, 12:45pm
I totally agree with you, grimble, petitions or bugging roland until we get the new features we want just isn't the way to go...

I have the privileges of the root account in the universe I'm in most of the time (which is why you won't see me around a lot in AW)
so I have a lot of power and can create what I want in there, and I also program bots. This all gives me a LOT of ideas of new
features and improvements that I even haven't talked about in here because it would just add to the ambient noise...
I can understand Roland (and the others) put a lot of time into programming AW and listening to users. Well, although programming is
his job, he could do without reading the posts in here. If he even IS reading the posts in this newsgroup, it IS because he does
want to know what we want and try to give us the best he can. The TechTalks are another example of this...
If AW didn't want to communicate or listen to their community, they just wouldn't have opened these newsgroups.
What I think is that they're trying to listen to us, and are only rewarded with people telling them they aren't doing their job
correctly... I respect Roland a lot, although I don't know him, and particularly because he has the patience to read and respond to
some posts in here that I would clearly just have deleted without bothering if I were him...
Plus, I know that as a programmer I want my work to be appreciated by users, and I really don't appreciate harmful comments like
some people tend to like to post in this NG... they're in no way constructive and would result in me thinking I will never implement
this feature if it's asked for that way...

Anyway I don't think this post will make anything advance (although I hope so), but I wanted to say what I had to say...

FoxMcCloud

"grimble" <Grimble2000 at btinternet.com> a écrit dans le message news: 39f97d9f at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> [...]
> more to the point, HOW it does what it does. There are wider considerations
> outside a single request for additional functionality.
>
> AW have their own agenda for progressing the product as a whole (whether
> people outside the organisation agree with that agenda or not) and the user
> community is a vast source of ideas and sugestions for additional features
> for the product. If these ideas can be channelled to AW in a constructive
> manner without people feeling the need to "gang up" on them, there would be
> a more constructive relationship there that would be more inclined to be
> listened to.
>
> If there isn't a formalised usergroup meeting or spokes-channel (is that
> what "TechTalk" is?), then GET ONE! Whether it is a volunteer role or
> someone inside AW, doesn't matter, just put something in place. From the
> amount of posts I see from a lot of individuals in these news groups, a
> number of people outside Active Worlds are very focussed on improving the
> product and taking it forward. Although characteristic of "niche"
> communities, this is something that all involved should try to maintain as
> AW gradually breaks out of the niche market and goes more mainstream.
>
> If there IS already a channel there for communicating ideas and issues to
> AW, what can anyone expect to achieve from raising a "petition" in a
> newsgroup? Since Roland & Co have already got their work cut out delivering
> v3.1 on time, I think it would be in everyone's best interests for him and
> hist colleagues not to have to trawl though newgroups answering specific
> items that could be dealt with in a consolidated manner.
>
> Eep, I have visited The Hole and Cubed and was very impressed. From your
> work there, and from your posts in the newsgroups and your web-site, you are
> clearly very knowledgable in the Active Worlds environment and its
> limitations/possibilities, and have many ideas for that may or may not
> benefit AW as a product and an organisation. Due to what I have seen, I have
> a healthy level of respect for you and your opinions (whether I agree with
> them or not) so please don't take this as a direct attack. Considering the
> content of your AW web-site, I know you will appreciate a good rant when you
> see one :O). Also, this is not belittling your request for the single
> object refresh, which has some healthy support. Its purely about this
> "petition" approach. Yours was just the post I latched on to, 's all.
>
> Now, as I said, I know I am opening myself up for a likely onslaught of
> grief from people, but that's ok. Its healthy. I hope I don't make enemies
> through this - that would be disappointing and unnecessary. Right now, I
> feel for the AW guys and the bashing they get in here. If the relationship
> is broken between the community and the developers, where would the users
> stand then? Just where you stand with Microsoft products today. Nowhere!

[View Quote]

3.1 Open Beta Release?

Jan 29, 2001, 7:48pm
By the way (i know it's past now, but just to know...), how were the people
allowed to the closed beta chosen?
was there any way to apply or did roland just pick the ones he wanted?
And do you know if there will be more people allowed in before the final
release?

Fox Mc Cloud

"myrth" <myrth at myrthco.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a7398ec at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> There will be no open beta for 3.1
>
> Roland added 25 people to the list Friday, beta will go straight to
release.

> -Myrth

[View Quote]

a solution to encroachment?

Feb 5, 2001, 6:13am
Anyway, it seems to me impossible to do...

right, the server could check when you put a move/rotate command in an
object, that it won't encroach other objects when moving/rotating... that
would time quite a lot of time from the server though, because it would have
to check for a lot of rotation angles etc... but maybe it's possible...

The real problem comes from the fact that, once an object with a move
command has been placed, and there is no other objet in its trajectory,
nothing ensures someone isn't going to put an object in that place
(somewhere on the trajectory) afterwards.
the server couldn't check, every time an object is added, for every other
object if it has a rotate/move command, and if it does, if any of its
angles/steps encroaches with the object to add, before telling to the client
wether the added object is encroaching or not... that would be insane, and
absolutely impossible to do. that's probably why roland doesn't do it (i
haven't heard him say it, but it seems logical)

Fox Mc Cloud

"rolu" <rolu.university at bigfoot.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a7d8424 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

[View Quote]

a solution to encroachment?

Feb 5, 2001, 5:33pm
"rolu" <rolu.university at bigfoot.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a7eae60$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Instead of doing that, you would check where an object with rotate/move
> commands could end up once (when you place it), and then remember that and
> treat it as a bounding box/whatever of a normal object. Then you could
check
> if something you add (anything) ends up in a place where something could
> move over it, the same way as it's checked if you encroach or not now.
Never
> do things more than once if not needed.

right, but you don't realize how much memory that would take up to
permanently store on the server... it would be really huge.wether you do it
like you said or like i said (and there must be other possibilities), i
don't think there's a reasonable solution.

> Anyway, a much simpler solution would be to make an object invisible as
soon
> as it starts moving over/under/through objects that don't have the same
> owner, and visible again when it leaves other people's property. This must
> be doable for the client, but might require some rewriting of stuff.

mmh... I don't know if that's possible... maybe it would be worth talking to
roland about this idea...
it would be quite a good thing indeed, i hadn't thought about this.

> rolu

Fox Mc Cloud

video card prob...

Feb 20, 2001, 6:02am
Transform & Lighting, a technology used on nVidia chips to accelerate image
rendering and calculations - so basically, it's the same, just faster to
calculate lights, rotations etc...

Fox Mc Cloud

"kah" <hiorth at sensewave.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a8c4ff0 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> T&L?
>
> KAH
[View Quote]

ScRaM!

Feb 26, 2001, 2:11am
sorry, WHY do you need an OCX file? to scramble text? i just can't see
the connection...

Fox Mc Cloud

"lanezeri" <lanezeri at free-1.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a99baea at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> You think it was ez? I had to create a new OCX file to scramble text.. I
> dont go download other people's OCX's.. I have one that I use.. IniCon but
> cant make a good one like it so I use it.. I will fix the site problem..
> dont get ur panties in a twist.

ScRaM!

Feb 26, 2001, 4:09pm
I wasn't questioning your judgement, I was surprised because I didn't
understand why you said that...
Isn't to scramble just the fact of putting the letters in a random order?
(i'm not an english speaker, sorry)

if it's the case you could do it that way...

void Scramble(char *Word)
{
int posTable[256]; //256 being the Word's max size in that
case
int Length=strlen(Word);
int iMin, iMinPos;
char newWord[256];

srand((unsigned int)time(NULL));
for(int i=0; i<Length; i++)
posTable[i]=rand( ); //returns a random int between 0 and 65535
for(int i=0; i<Length; i++)
{
iMin=65536; //assuming we're in a 32 bit environment
for(int j=0; j<Length; j++)
if(iMin<posTable[j]&&posTable[j] != -1)
{
iMin=posTable[j]
iMinPos=j;
}
newWord[i]=Word[iMinPos];
posTable[iMinPos]= -1;
}
strcpy(Word, newWord);
}

then you could type
Scramble("This");
;o)
of course it's C code but it wouldn't be much harder in VB i guess, i wrote
that in 10 minutes...

Fox Mc Cloud

"lanezeri" <lanezeri at free-1.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a9a9390 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hey bud.. you haven't posted once on how to program so don't questiion my
> judgement.. It isn't as simple as just typing
> Scramble "This"
> It was either make an OCX or go use someone else's.. The connection?
> Without that OCX I wouldn't have a way to scramble the text..

ScRaM!

Feb 26, 2001, 9:05pm
"rolu" <rolu.university at bigfoot.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3a9aa5b0 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> your solution has a complexity of N^2... how about an O(N) (linear
> complexity) one? :-) I think it's possibe, but might be slightly harder to
> make.

yeah it sure is possible, but anyway it wouldn't take much time when used with the kind of words you'd normally use in that kind of
game... there would also be ways of doing it recursively, that would be faster, but maybe less efficient in terms of how well the
letters are scrambled...
for example :

void Scramble(char *Word)
{
if(strlen(Word)==1) return; //to stop the recursion

char Word1[256];
char Word2[256];
char Temp;
int iPos;

//exchange the 1st and last letters
Temp=Word[0];
Word[0]=Word[strlen(Word)-1];
Word[strlen(Word)-1]=Temp;

//cut it at a random position into 2 parts
iPos = rand()%(strlen(Word)-1); //random int between 0 and length-1
memcpy(Word1, Word, iPos);
memcpy(Word2, (Word+iPos+1), strlen(Word)-iPos);
Scramble(Word1);
Scramble(Word2);

//now put it back either in normal or reverse order
if(rand()%2)
{
strcpy(Word, Word1);
strcat(Word, Word2);
}
else
{
strcpy(Word, Word2);
strcat(Word, Word1);
}
}

mmh... don't know how efficient that would be but it should be fast i guess... O(n*log(n)) or something... besides, i find it
easier to understand.
but if you can see a simpler way of doing it fast, be sure to let me know ;o)

Fox Mc Cloud

ScRaM!

Feb 26, 2001, 9:13pm
Hey, sorry, I didn't post that to annoy you ! If yours is better, you can post the code, I'm interested :o)
I'm sure your code does it also well since it worked in the game and many people enjoyed it... But I'm someone who likes to learn
and likes to share code etc..., I just find that interesting...
It's not my fault, when you talk about how to make a program, I just start thinking about how to do it in my head, and since I saw a
solution that seemed to make sense, I just posted it here... The forum is here to share ideas, isn't it? So if it doesn't interest
you, maybe it could interest someone else... or maybe someone else would post a better way to do it...

Fox Mc Cloud

"lanezeri" <lanezeri at free-1.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3a9ac4c4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Brandon said scrambling the text was easy.. and I told him it wasn't just as
> simple say saying Scramble "text" then Fox had to come try to be smart and
> tell me stuff I already knew.. I did the exact same thing he did.. that is
> what an OCX is.. a file that is used with a program, to help it run.. I made
> a very simple OCX file to scramble the text.. big deal.. and no I made the
> OCX bug free.. you can use it as much as your heart wants and you wont find
> a bug in it..

ScRaM!

Feb 26, 2001, 9:38pm
I didn't ask you to post it to prove you can do it... It was just that I was interested in seeing another way. Do as you wish
anyway...

Fox Mc Cloud

"lanezeri" <lanezeri at free-1.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3a9ae83f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I dont have to prove myself to you people.. so no I wont post my code..
> because most of you complain about VB code.. so I wont even try to explain
> my version..

ScRaM!

Feb 27, 2001, 10:26am
LOL !!!!
You're right... that's probably faster and sure is a LOT simpler... I don't know how I could miss that one lol... Thanks for sharing
that...
How could I imagine such solutions when this one was so easy?? Seems like the easiest ones can be the hardest to see... to me anyway
lol

Thanks.
Fox Mc Cloud

> hm... in pseudo code:
>
> For every element in the string
> pick a random element somewhere in the string and swap.
>
> This would operate in the string itself, so it would need no extra memory
> (apart from an integer as index and a char as temporary swap storage). Also,
> it would have O(n) complexity. So, it should be fast for both very small and
> very large strings.
>
> rolu

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Feb 26, 2001, 2:05am
well, not if they were stolen in the jpg format...

3A99AD83.9679DAAD at tnlc.com...
> I don't give a shit if they were stolen. I'm hardly disappointed by it
either. ;P But AWCI has to have the original, uncompressed (non-JPG)
BMPs/TGAs/whatever of most of the textures...

[View Quote]

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Feb 26, 2001, 3:07pm
I know that, I was just referring to your "AWCI has to have the original,
uncompressed (non-JPG)
if they were stolen in the jpg format... But as you know i'm not AWCI and
don't know if it's the case or not (although dataman seems to say so). It
was no offence, just a thought :o).

Fox Mc Cloud

"eep" <sum at 1.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3A9A7160.2EA0424C at 1.com...
> Duh! You ain't AWCI; Dataman used to be (well, COF) and perhaps Facter
knows and/or can find out...

[View Quote]

A reason to keep an installed 2.2

Feb 26, 2001, 9:50pm
3.0 requires a 3.0+ universe, 3.1 a 3.1+ universe... But I don't think there are still any uniservers out there running 2.2
universes... or are there?

Fox Mc Cloud

"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a écrit dans le message news: 3A9AE806.B2CD243D at oct31.de...
> At least 3.1 seems to require the updated world or universe server, not
> sure about 3.0 .
>
> So if you visit several universes you should keep a copy

A reason to keep an installed 2.2

Feb 27, 2001, 3:35am
3.1 can enter 3.0 worlds, but it can't enter 3.0 universes... :o(
(I know that because the universe I'm usually in, cyberbrain, has not yet updated to the latest version - they're waiting for AW
support to send them the latest server version, and it seems to take weeks for them to do that... anyway... - and I can't enter it
with 3.1 for now)

But Tony is right, 3.0 could enter 2.2 universes until a certain build, which makes me wonder if it was really necessary to check
for the latest version of the uniserver, or if it was just that Roland wanted to force people to upgrade their uniservers faster...

Fox Mc Cloud

"eep" <eep at tnlc.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3A9B2F34.BA43025A at tnlc.com...
> Obviously AW 3.1 can enter AW3 worlds so that part's incorrect.

[View Quote]

A reason to keep an installed 2.2

Feb 28, 2001, 3:17am
It's really simple :
open aworld.ini

find :
[universe]
host=www.thehost.com
port=5670

then just replace those lines with the host / port of the universe you're looking for, or add those lines somewhere in the file if
they aren't there. You can omit the port parameter if it's the default port (5670)
for AW you can just omit those lines (or comment them out by putting a ' ; ' character in front of them)
for the cyberbrain french universe, for instance, it would read
[universe]
host=www.cyberbrain.com
port=5670

Fox Mc Cloud

"crazy glue il" <crazyglue3 at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3a9c76f7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Question, how do you enter another uni with one browser? I always thought
> that you had to use the browser that you download from their site...
>
> --
> We all have atleast ONE crazything in us >:]
> ~Johnathon a.k.a CrAzY gLuE IL
> crazyglue3 at hotmail.com
> Idiots are plentiful these days, what would we do without them?
> Geniuses are rare, but what would it be like without them?
> That's is the question.
[View Quote]

A reason to keep an installed 2.2

Feb 28, 2001, 11:56am
That's right... by the way, I wonder why roland wouldn't simply leave the contacts alone if they don't exist instead of deleting
them.... :o(

Fox Mc Cloud

"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a écrit dans le message news: 3A9C8D39.FA3F6A6 at oct31.de...
Be careful if you do it like this - you will loose your contact list
entries if you are citizen in both.

The browser removes all entries (by number) that don't exist in the
universe. So make sure you save it and copy the one in place that
belongs to the universe.

I made a program that does that, save the contact list and change the
INI entries : User, password (if it's saved), home location, host and
port. It's on http://oct31.de/aw/awstart

Best performance ????

Mar 3, 2001, 5:26pm
Win2k with a 5.1GB hdd? I'm sure you don't have a lot of space left, it's a good thing to have at least about 300MB free at any
given time... otherwise you'll probably experience big slowdowns... Moreover, i guess it's a little old and not as fast as new
drives... so I suggest you first buy a new hard disk...
An IBM Deskstar 7200 30GB or something would do... (I have a deskstar 45GB and it's really good)

To increase your performance, as datedman said, you can set min & max virtual memory to the same value so the file doesn't get
fragmented... I'd also suggest you ran Norton SpeedDisk after that and tell it to defrag & move the pagefile at the beginning of the
disk, so it's accessed faster... (the 30 day demo can be downloaded from Norton's site, and since it must be done only once.......
:o) )
But that won't help much if you don't buy a new disk first...

Fox Mc Cloud

"crazy canuck" <ps-aw at home.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3aa1401d at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> guess I should have mentioned .....
>
> windows 2000 professional
> slot 1 MB
> ultra dma/33 bus master IDE - on board
> only a 5.1 gig drive I forget the make

[View Quote]

Best performance ????

Mar 3, 2001, 11:15pm
I know that it's enough for just win2k... but I'm sure taht when you have AW, truespace and probably a lot more programs there
mustn't be a lot of place left...
I'm having trouble keeping my free space over 1GB on my 46GB... so... :o) Anyway it was just a guess.

Fox Mc Cloud

"xero" <xero at darkvapor.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3aa15a72 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> 5.1 gigs is plenty of space for win2k..My windows folder is only around 800
> megs on win2k..thats 4 gigs thats plenty to hold some mp3s, a few programs
> and microsoft office..

[View Quote]

negative light still works

Mar 19, 2001, 10:14pm
AW 3.0 and AW 3.1 both run on RW 3.0 which supports negative lighting.
AW 3.2 will run on RW 3.1 which doesn't.
eep... not everyone knows that and it's not documented, you could have told him :P

Fox Mc Cloud

"sw comit" <swcomit at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message news: 3ab69d4e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> lmao, "newbie", that's a good one. If I bug you so much, why don't you
> filterer me again? ;)
>
> And yes I do know what RW is. I *still* don't know what you mean by
> "<shrug> Won't work in RW 3.1 anyway..."
> but I've lost interest yesterday =O

AWJBell tools...

Apr 6, 2001, 11:17pm
Well the page says : "Welcome to the Concept's AW Tools homepage." and the background repeats "Concept AW Tools" a million times,
and I can't see a single occurance of "Concept Toolz".

Fox Mc Cloud

"m a k a v e l i" <tupacisdabest at aol.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3ace666e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I think you were smoking some happy grass or something.
> http://come.to/concept/
> That is what I refer to and at the top of the page it says "Concept Toolz"

ahhhh look

Apr 11, 2001, 9:15pm
A good idea would be to be able to put certain strings in the message that would be replaced by the browser when displaying the
message... for example :
%N = user name
%W = world name
and there could be others...
so you could write a message saying "Welcome to %W, %N" and the browser would display the world & name properly

(crossposting this to wishlist)

Fox Mc Cloud

"holistic1" <tkafader at southstar.org> a écrit dans le message news: 3AD4C708.A21CCB9 at southstar.org...
> The only other way is to use a Greeter bot...Maybe something for the
> wishlist.

[View Quote]

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  11  |