3.1 Open Beta Release? (Community)

3.1 Open Beta Release? // Community

1  |

felix2001

Jan 28, 2001, 12:28am
Does anyone know when 3.1 Open Beta Release will be out?

wing

Jan 28, 2001, 1:49am
When it's damn good and ready (I hope)

--
Wing
This little spot is dedicated to my girl, Jessie.
WHAT TIME IS IT? GAME TIME!
Ravens are goin Festivus Maximus on Purple Sunday
AW Citizen 305004 "Wing"
bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

myrth

Jan 28, 2001, 1:58am
There will be no open beta for 3.1

Roland added 25 people to the list Friday, beta will go straight to release.

-Myrth

[View Quote]

agent1

Jan 28, 2001, 3:30pm
*boggle* There should be a while where it's still in beta but opened to the public, I would think. Unless we want to have our build
number closer to 400 than 350 ;)

foxmccloud

Jan 29, 2001, 7:48pm
By the way (i know it's past now, but just to know...), how were the people
allowed to the closed beta chosen?
was there any way to apply or did roland just pick the ones he wanted?
And do you know if there will be more people allowed in before the final
release?

Fox Mc Cloud

"myrth" <myrth at myrthco.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a7398ec at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> There will be no open beta for 3.1
>
> Roland added 25 people to the list Friday, beta will go straight to
release.

> -Myrth

[View Quote]

nornny

Jan 29, 2001, 10:29pm
First, Roland picked out a list of his personal picks for beta testers. They
were the people who showed excellent bug reporting and actual beta testing
skills in previous versions. This is HIS interpretation though of who was a
good beta tester. :) Then, to fill up the first 25 slots, he added bets
testers on a first come first serve basis of just asking. :)

With the recent 25, he did the same, in an attempt to find the littler bugs
and get the wider range of system combos. :) You just had to show up at the
recent tech talk and ask, and he added you. :)

Nornny

[View Quote]

nova n@n.com

Jan 30, 2001, 12:46am
heck i cant even find out when the tech talks are
[View Quote]

rolu

Jan 30, 2001, 6:12am
Around friday. Depends on your timezone. I know it's friday night for me,
friday afternoon for America.

Rolu

[View Quote]

nornny

Jan 30, 2001, 9:45am
Not really. I've only gone to two tech talks in my day, since Tech Talks are
usually low key, even IF they are on a regular basis. :) But I believe it
starts somewhere around 8pm VRT, or at least that's when I come in. :) It's
located in the world TechTalk until AWUniv comes back, currently.

Nornny

[View Quote]

nova n@n.com

Jan 30, 2001, 1:09pm
thanks much wil try and get to a few
[View Quote]

icey

Jan 31, 2001, 8:47pm
Tech Talks are on Fridays at 8PM VRT usually in 32N 32W AWUniversity World, but
last two were on Tech Talk World GZ
http://www.activeworlds.com/newsletter/0100/index.html

icey

[View Quote] > heck i cant even find out when the tech talks are
[View Quote]

mauz

Feb 3, 2001, 12:47pm
[View Quote] Roland said yesterday at TechTalk that AW 3.1 "will probably be released
next week sometime" if no more bugs come up - there is still a couple left though.

--
Mauz
http://tnlc.com/mauz/

nova n@n.com

Feb 4, 2001, 1:49pm
im getting a 02/03/00 on your message mauz but it seems like i read this
message a week or 2 ago is this a new reply or is outlook screwing up on
me??
[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 4, 2001, 6:52pm
shows that for me too.. but mauz had a "status update" that goes with that
question..

--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com