eep // User Search

1  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  42  |

Preston question which should be in bots but gets more replies in here.......

Jun 3, 2001, 8:12pm
Well go to a Usenet newsgroup or something (there are plenty of mindless web-based discussion forums and message boards) if you want to post off-topic non-AW-related posts (drivel).

[View Quote] > Okay, what is your definition of Community? To me it is anything dealing
> with Active Worlds. We are the community, I am in the community. Therefore I
> have every right to post anything I want here. It is a open NG anything can
> be posted about anything. They just have the other NGs so they look special.
> This is pretty much the only Active NG. Okay, so people read the bots NG?
> Look at some of the worlds in Active Worlds I bet when you are looking for
> some to chat with you go to the worlds with a lot of people in it right?
> Well same on the NGs, When I want someone to answer my question I go to the
> NG that has the most people in it.

Why is there so much hate here?

Jun 3, 2001, 7:43pm
Waaaaait, are you saying YOU have a clue, Chuck, oh immature twit who starts countless off-topic threads and replies with about as much lameness as JKF2 et al? You're a funny boy, kid.

[View Quote] > LMAO! Do you really need to ask this question to understand why? It's called
> SNERTS. Young people that have no clue what they are talking about because
> they don't have any of life's expieriences under their belt and think they
> know it all. I know I remember when I use to be that way and I drove my
> parents and most every adult around me absolutely nuts cause I didn't have a
> freaking clue about what I was talking about. So there isn't so much hate
> here as there is just a bunch of SNERTS that haven't got anything better to
> do than make everything everyone says into a flame war or constantly telling
> people how to do whatever it is they are doing or correcting gramatical
> errors, LOL The list goes on and on and on and usually takes the original
> threads problem totally off track and into something that wasn't intended,
> they are very very good at doing that constantly, lol Then you have to
> defend yourself against their idiodic moronic attacks along with trying to
> get some kind of intelligent conversation out of all of it, LOL Which they
> can't handle because they are SNERTS and treat everyone like their SNERT
> classmates at school, lol Now you see why teachers are failing miserably in
> schools because they have no power to disciplin anymore and the kids can't
> keep anything focused, they enjoy running off at the mouth like they know
> everything and end up learning nothing. Hope this explains it for you. :)

[View Quote]

Why is there so much hate here?

Jun 3, 2001, 7:48pm
<cough>Juno<cough> Anyone who uses software with "buddy lists" (AOL lamers) should be shot. Why AWCI felt the need to dumb-down AW any more than it already is I just don't get...

"I know!", says JP, "let's make AW SO even MY mom can use it!"

Rick replies "Hey, that's super! Maybe we can even get MY mom to use it then!"

<they give each other a high-five and a pat on the back--but not too long, mind you; they don't want anyone thinking they're fruity--and they continue thinking up ways to lie to get new citizens into AW>

Eh...

[View Quote] > I believe it has been the influx of idiots.
[View Quote]

Why is there so much hate here?

Jun 3, 2001, 8:09pm
You would rather agree with a sentence that makes no sense? How are those English classes comin'? <chuckle>

[View Quote] > I would rather agree with the following...

Why is there so much hate here?

Jun 4, 2001, 11:08am
I don't attempt to program; however, YOU attempt to use the English language (quite unsuccessfully most of the time, too). Drive through.

[View Quote] > How are those programming classes coming?

[View Quote]

Alphaworld

Jun 3, 2001, 8:05pm
Not Southern California but ALL of California.

[View Quote] > I have heard that if AW Prime (Alphaworld) were laid out on paper it
> would be the size of sounthern california. It's pretty darn huge!
> Have you heard of the vevo map that Phillips made for in here?
> It's pretty cool...plus it's a past Cy Recipient for The September 1998
> round:)
> The URL is http://www.vevo.com/ if you haven't seen it:)

Alphaworld

Jun 3, 2001, 8:07pm
Eh, Shamus' (and AWCI et al) has/have been feeding that line to us for years...

[View Quote] > Nope, no plan to expand it. Still tons of room in that tired old
> cartoonish lap filled world.
>
> But you may look forward to a new build world in the future. Perhaps one so
> new and large as to replace AW as the main build world with a totaly new
> object path.

Alphaworld

Jun 3, 2001, 10:58pm
What's the object path? I'd like proof...

[View Quote] > They've made quite a lot of tangible progress on it. Object path is
> finished, everything is ready to go. All the people at awcom involved with
> it are just waiting for the highest ups to get their heads out of their
> asses and give them the ok to open it.

Alphaworld

Jun 4, 2001, 12:46am
Ah, yes, no proof, no pudding. Reminds me of Jetta Lewis' vapourware program (which ended up being just yet another empty AW universe server). I'll believe it when I see it...

[View Quote] > don't worry, the objects are there and very nice (for a public build world
> set). It's just a matter of "red tape" now. They had an elaborate bot
> system idea a few months ago but that fell through due to roland's time
> constraints and technical problems I think. Since then they had it on hold,
> I think they want to do something more interesting than just a gz and free
> space. Although of course there will be free space. Something about lots
> getting larger the farther away from gz, and more support for towns and
> such (ie a functional highway system). Although what will become of the
> final world we can only guess.

Alphaworld

Jun 4, 2001, 11:07am
<yawn> Wow, this bullshit almost has as much flavor as Jetta's spiel. VRML was dropped YEARS ago, in case you're new to AW (which you obviously seem to be). There is no new "advanced 3D engine" (and, no, RW 3.1 doesn't count). Objects already CAN "glow" through the use of the prelight command.

If this world exists, simply tell me the object path and I'll check (and verify) it out for myself. Otherwise shut up.

[View Quote] > Moff is right Eep...if its proof you want...this is the best I can do. A cit
> named Catbert was working for AWCOM last summer. He's 16 and get the job
> becuase he's E N Z O's cousin.
>
> Well I met him when he first started and we became good firends. At serveral
> points through the days I spent with him he mentioned AWCOM's plans for a
> new world when 3.1 comes out. A new massive build world with new obs and 3.1
> avatars (but that that time we though it would be AW4 not 3.1)
>
> Then just nearing the end of last year...I was in contact with Gand for a
> few week's when I was planning to have him make me ssome objects (when I was
> too damned crap to make em myself) and when we were chatting he said that
> his main project at that times was creating a whole new object path for
> Active Worlds, using an adavanced 3D engine that would allow objects to
> glow...as stanard...without any commands...and ypu can specify which parts
> of the objects glow.
> Also with VRML intergration it would allow movement (although VRML was
> dropped before the release of 3.1 so that ones out the window).
>
> Thats all he told me...I asking him more but he was quite secretive...At
> that time 3.1 wasent out so I didnt know lighting would become a day to day
> command...
>
> However we 'still' have yet to see some descent 3.1 enhanced avatars using
> the supposedly supported skin system...
>
> Did you enjoy your pudding Eep? :o)

Milk

Jun 5, 2001, 9:04pm
Um, and how does one take matters into their own hands (people have 2, you know, so it's plural)? I did it by responding the way I did. <shrug> If people are going to continue to be putzes and post off-topic than they're going to have to put up with negative responses to their drivel.

[View Quote] > You have such a command of the english language.

> If we can't moderate our own area in the NG, then we end up with people
> posting off topic and people trying to moderate.
>
> Why do this? Just put in a feature to allow members to moderate their own
> area and if someone posts off topic you can take matters into your own hand
> then instead of showing off your cussing skills.

[View Quote]

Milk

Jun 5, 2001, 9:06pm
Go to Andras' off-topic.* newsgroups if you want to post off-topic. Better yet, go to the specific Usenet newsgroup your off-topic post will actually be on-topic in! Think, twit...

Quit being lame.

[View Quote] > I am noting the effects of a Newsgroup that doesn't allow us to have our own
> area which is:
>
> People will post off topic remarks, and others will try to moderate like you
> are with me and Eep was doing with avenger.

Milk

Jun 6, 2001, 1:45am
NO ONE CARES TAKE IT TO EMAIL YOU TWITS

[View Quote] > 8-o oh hehehe sorry bit, I always use your full 1st name when I refer to you
> anyway, hehehe Big Bit and little bit, I'm still a bit confused now, LOL

[View Quote]

Off Topic stuff

Jun 6, 2001, 5:49pm
Oops, you're fucking incompetent.

[View Quote] > oops, lol, accedently hit send twice

Off Topic stuff

Jun 6, 2001, 5:50pm
No, it revolves around AW and you'll see I really only bash/flame/insult people when they start posting off-topic or otherwise insult me, no matter how slightly. Stick to AW and leave out the personal attacks and I won't have to "retalliate"--it's that simple.

[View Quote] > Oh, also eep, as i read through all of your old posts, it seems that YOU are
> the one who is more off topic that all of us, since all you do is post crude
> messages of how dumb people are...OPEN YOUR EYES DUMBASS this board does nor
> rev
[View Quote]

Off Topic stuff

Jun 6, 2001, 10:58pm
So have all the off-topic posts...

[View Quote] > Normally, I'll support you all of the way.
> BUT CAN WE PLEASE JUST LAY OFF THE EEP SHIIT!?
> That's for all of you, and it's become VERYYYYYYYYYY annoying.
> Thank you.

[View Quote]

Off Topic stuff

Jun 7, 2001, 5:39pm
Read the fucking charter, idiot. How ineptly incompetent (better look up those "big" words, sport) can you be, Nova? Go elsewhere if you want to babble about something non-AW-related (better go look up "non-" too).

[View Quote] > One serious question for all here sence it would seem all posts are off
> topic dang near every post in here has some one that goes off about it being
> off topic.
> What i want to know is this what is the topic of this ng??
> I mean come on theres no real topic in community its a ng to post things
> about aw in general.
> Like for example maybe some one runs a world or makes bots or other things
> related to aw and there leaving town so they wont be able to be reached for
> a few days so they post this fact then some one be it eep or another cit
> goes off on them for it.
> I have seen at least one post that fits this exactly.
> And if a post is placed in bots by a bot maker that is leaving town then it
> is on topic in both ngs and you see things like STOP cross posting you twit.
> I for one dont see that topics like this are off topic in the least.
> I know some one likly eep will say something bout a person making bots that
> is leaving town or the like only needs to post in bots.
> Well i wonder how many non bot makers goto the bots ng on a regular basis???
> Id be willing to bet most dont

[View Quote]

[Fwd: Re: Off Topic stuff]

Jun 6, 2001, 12:12pm
Nor does it revolve around off-topic posters like yourself. Go to another forum if you want to act like an immature idiot. Persist in posting off-topic here and acting lame and I'll simply persist in bashing you more and more. It's that simple; do the math. There are PLENTY of other non-AW newsgroups to post about anything you want. Don't do it in AW's newsgroups.

Most ISPs and email providers have TOSes (that's terms of service in case you're too clueless to ever read them) that explicitly state that you are NOT to post off-topic in newsgroups and that you are to abide by the newsgroup's charter (if any). Failure to do so could be grounds for your account being removed.

news://news.activeworlds.com/3a8570b7%241%40server1.Activeworlds.com for the charter.

Newsgroups: community
Subject: Off Topic stuff
From: "avenger" <snipa2k at hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2001 08:28:43 -0400

Good God you are some strange people, i put a little post for a little bit
of humor, and it seems that the first 8 people who read it, actually got
it...then you got eep, who completly flips...eep, if you dont like the
thread...GO READ ANOTHER ONE!!!! for people who actually have a sence of
humor, let them read the thread...I hate people who alwase try to go by the
rules for everything...just try to have alittle bit of fun..now i all of a
sudden realise for the 2 years ive had aw, ive only posted on this board
like 3 times...oh oops, this thread is "off topic"...here comes
eep......................

Newsgroups: community
Subject: Re: Off Topic stuff
From: "avenger" <snipa2k at hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2001 08:55:06 -0400

Oh, also eep, as i read through all of your old posts, it seems that YOU are
the one who is more off topic that all of us, since all you do is post crude
messages of how dumb people are...OPEN YOUR EYES DUMBASS this board does nor
revolve around you

[Fwd: Re: Off Topic stuff]

Jun 6, 2001, 7:32pm
In Netscape Messenger it's done by either right-clicking the message and choosing "Cancel Message" or the Edit|Cancel Message menu.

[View Quote] > If I'm familiar with NNTP, the news server has to allow users to cancel a message. I'm not sure this one does.

[View Quote]

Bruce Judson added to AWCI's Board of Directors

Jun 7, 2001, 5:40pm
Yea, SOMEONE should know how to do business on the Net since it's obvious Rick and JP can't...

[View Quote] > Well, he's not connected with Juno from what I read in the article... But I think it said he wrote a book on Internet business ::rolleyes:: :)

> I think he'll basically be there to help them run the "company" side of AWCI and not really do anything else.

[View Quote]

A simple solution??

Jun 6, 2001, 6:37pm
Um, if you want a general forum, GO to one outside of the AW newsgroups. Duh. Think, please...I know it hurts, but just give it a try, kids. GO ELSEWHERE FOR OFF-TOPIC FLUFF CRAP.

[View Quote] > I've been around the Internet for awhile, and on almost every forum I see a
> "general" category that allows people to post whatever the heck they want
> (except for spam and other junk), be it off-topic or not. In fact, one of
> the greatest "General" forums is at xwlegacy.net. Go there if you would
> like an example, and be sure to look at the "Questions" thread. :)
>
> I can't say the same for newsgroups, becuase I'm relatively new to that
> scene. But the simplest solution for this eep vs. almost everyone else war
> is to create a "general" newsgroup that folks like Avenger can post their
> milk threads in. That way the "Community" newsgroup can stay on topic.
>
> I think the reason forums have a general category is to keep flame wars like
> this to a minimum. In the case of this Active Worlds newsgroup, I'm 100%
> positive this is a solution acceptable for both parties. Your thoughts? :)

A simple solution??

Jun 6, 2001, 7:30pm
Reread the charter. While there is ONE (1) sentence that doesn't mention AW topics, explicitly: "Discussion of education, health, environmental issues , politics,
elections, etc.) in paragraph 2, it should be easily (and obviously) implied that such topics are to be related to AW. Yes I'm more interested in technical things, but do you see me complaining about the stupid "Newsgroup Survivor" threads? While I don't consider them worthy of inclusion in this newsgroup, they ARE AW-related.

Posts about ZoneAlarm (Tyrell), jokes (Goober King), milk (Avenger), and even cyberculture interest (Wizard Myraddin) are NOT on-topic for AW's newsgroups and should be taken elsewhere.

[View Quote] > eep.....what is your interpretation of the charter and idea of what's on
> topic? You obviously are more interested in topics of a technical nature
> because of your background and experience. Not everyone in the community
> has had the same set of experiences and background. The charter lists many
> other categories of appropriate posts, some of which I would say leave a lot
> open to fluff and stuff. Maybe not your idea of what you would like to see
> but still on topic - IMHO

[View Quote]

A simple solution??

Jun 6, 2001, 8:48pm
Yes, that IS vague, but if AWCI won't moderate their newsgroups for off-t=
opic posts, I will. These newsgroups were full of fluff off-topic crap wh=
en I first came to them and they seem to revert to that state when I'm no=
t here, which allows an influx and growth of newbie idiots and moronicnes=
s to prosper here (and eventually spill over into AW). Well, sorry, but I=
don't think that's positive for AW's overall growth, unless AWCI wants A=
OL-level idiots infesting AW and bringing it down any lower than it alrea=
dy is. I would like AW's newsgroups (and AW) to remain semi-professional =
and actually worth the attention of 3D gamers (not just shooting, you kno=
w), 3D game developers/publishers, 3D modellers/artists, etc. Kids (and i=
mmature adults) can go elsewhere if they don't want to contribute to AW's=
growth and prosperity. There are PLENTY of other crappy mediums for such=
people to muck up, but not AW--I won't allow it--PERIOD.

[View Quote] > Ok, thanks for your explanation and not to beat a dead horse but phras=
es
> such as "posts appropriate...include, but are not restricted to all asp=
ects
> of AW......is more what I was getting at. Your point is well taken....=
=2E and
> much more easily I might add when I don't have to reach for the fire
> extinguisher(s) at the same time.

A simple solution??

Jun 7, 2001, 10:59pm
<yawn> At least it'll keep you idiots from infesting the REAL AW newsgroups with your mindless drivel since you're too fucking incompetent to go to an appropriate forum outside of AW's newsgroups.

[View Quote] > right back at you, kid. Fletch just e-mailed me and said they approved
> something like this in one of their meetings. ;) Although they thought of
> it at the same time as I did, so I really can't take credit for the idea.

[View Quote]

A simple solution??

Jun 8, 2001, 1:13am
Bah, that's nonsense. I don't want to even have to DEAL with idiots, let alone have them infest AW just because they bring AWCI more revenue. Fuck that. That's as bad as AWCI kissing off its existing citizens just to woo new "meat" to suck $20 (or in some cases, $25K) out of. Fuck that. AWCI has already proven even if it DOES get money it doesn't know how to spend it wisely. Rick and JP don't need $150K/year salaries. What the FUCK do they do besides grind AW into the ground more? Roland, HamFon, and Shamus do most of the work anyway but they don't have much design direction--and Rick and JP sure as fuck don't.

And learn how to quote what you're replying too, Moff. And it's "muck" up, not "much" up; "guide", not "guid". At least you managed to get "affect" (vs "effect") correct, however.

[View Quote] > The decent people arn't going to get worse due to idiots. In fact, we NEED
> those idiots. I always look at all of them as cash cows. Yeah they mess up
> the NG's with pointless posts, fill AW with awfull worlds and terrible
> content, but they give quite a large percentage of awcom's income. They are
> just there to buy cits and worlds to give the company money to make the
> program better for us. Sure they build like shit, their worlds are lapping
> wastes of space, but you should't put them down too too much, because they
> are financialy very important to aw. Well you can put them down, just don't
> chase their business off. Welcome idiots with open arms, let them give
> awcom their money, then just ignore em. I used to always recomend against
> newbies buying big worlds, sick of seeing the terrible content they put up.
> But now I encourage them, let them waste money to "much up" their own
> worlds. It's not like they can affect our content, or put in charge of the
> development of aw. As long as there is an inteligent core group of citizens
> aw will be fine, money talks, but talking idiots can be muted or filtered.
> Imagine if aw had a deal for cits with AOL. Sure the idiot factor would go
> through the roof, but imagine what advances could be made in aw from the
> money generated. There are enough decent cits in aw to help "guid" aw,
> what we need now is money, and idiot aol kids and the like are the perfect
> "target".

Moderator doesn't like avenger but still leaves the morons N/T

Jun 6, 2001, 11:00pm
Yo, hypocrit (by a mere 12 minutes even), if you want to "LAY OFF ALL THE EEP SHIIT" (misspelling yours) stop provoking more discussion about me. Duh.

[View Quote] > if he sould ban ANYONE it should be Eep, nto that I'm agaist him or anything
> : D

Newsgroup Charter...

Jun 8, 2001, 1:20am
Very good, zippy. Wow, and to think you extrapolated all that out by your loneself self. HOW SUPER FOR YOU. This "general" newsgroup will also be known by its more common name of "rejects" in which you, Chucks Party, the SW Twits, Goober King, and all the other idiotic lamers will flee to in revolt. And, yes, your posts WILL be deleted if you post off-topic here and in AW's other newsgroups, so don't even think about doing it anymore, snappatwitfucks, because if AWCI won't enforce their policy, *I* will.

[View Quote] > In the next few days we will be opening a new newsgroup called "General
> Discussion". This will be for Activeworlds community members to use to
> discuss things not supported by the other available newsgroups.
> If i take this correct... Chuck & I & everyone else that want to
> BASH each other over the heads with words of LOVE, HATE, SAW, etc...
> Will have to move our BUTTS out of here and into the new one or have
> our posts deleted OR US DELETED AS WELL...
>
> flagg <tom at activeworlds.com> wrote in
> <3b1eb1bf$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

Newsgroup Charter...

Jun 8, 2001, 5:23am
Anyone who names themself after an organization is a twit. Oops, that includes Peacekeepers and Gatekeepers too, but at least some of them are smart enough not to use that name ALL the time, unlike SOME wanna-be oh-god-I-need-an-identity twits like you and your SW butt buddies. <chuckle>

Keep trying, fuckwits.

[View Quote] > Ahhh baby Eepy... Why are you calling the SW City staff "twits?" We never
> post off-topic. We never stir up crap in here. We DO post things related
> to Active Worlds and not related to Milk or whatever. You don't know any of
> us that well to go and call us twits so "get your facts straight" before you
> speak.
> --
> Syntax
> syntax at swcity.net
> www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

A brighter and better Active Worlds!!! Tom, please read

Jun 8, 2001, 1:14am
Yo, fuckmunch, this is off-topic and you didn't even keep the old subject in your rewritten subject. Quit being a twit...or face moderation.

[View Quote] > In no disrespect to your contribution, I am in Britian and enjoy unlimmited
> Internet connection and free telephone calls.
>
> Although I can agree that this service might not be fully utilised by some,
> it is available to those area's that have cable. In addition many enjoy free
> call after 1800 GMT.

[View Quote]

A Brighter Better Active Worlds, Tom please read

Jun 6, 2001, 11:02pm
And was it necessary to quote the entire post just because you're an incompetent newbie to newsgroups? Learn how to cancel duplicates, zippy.

[View Quote] > sorry about the double post, I didn't see it up the first time I tried
> posting it.

1  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  42  |