hal9000 // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  |

Change Path on Hardisk ?

Feb 24, 2002, 7:42pm
if you modify the shortcut to "C:\Active Worlds\aworld.exe"
and the start in field to "D:\Active Worlds\" then it will save everything
to "D:\Active Worlds"; However, this also includes all your configuration
files, ie. telegrams, contacts, teleports etc... so make sure you move those
to "D:\Active Worlds\"

[View Quote]

bugs in the rwx sphere primitive?

Feb 23, 2002, 2:34pm
[View Quote] If you create 1 sphere in something like modeler, then you can use it
numerous times.
at the end of your file add this
ProtoBegin Sphere
your sphere
ProtoEnd
then you can put it into your model with "ProtoInstance Sphere", then use
your transform and rotate it into position. Yes the files will be slightly
bigger, but its better than having 5 of them

> Yes, I could call the switch of sphere types as a 3.2 quirk
> and the result of a design choice however the openGL one looks
> realy broken. (ie: a bug) I think a programmer at AW should
> have peek at it.

Roland(roland at activeworlds.com) is the lead programmer for AW, send him an
email with whats going on and he might take a look at it, that is if it
isn't already fixed in 3.3

> I'm still not sure what's up with the lighting between the
> old and new versions. Something has changed as there doesn't
> seem to be any hilights in AW anymore. I can't get the
> shinny plastic look I had before.

In the 2.x browser lighting had 3 parts to it, Ambient, Diffuse and
Specular, Ambient being how bright the model is by default, Diffuse being
how much a light will affect it, and Specular being how (for lack of a
better word) smoothly the light shines on it. (ie. shiny plastic as opposed
to fabric)

> --Jitterbug
>
> --
> [1] called SpringDance and its free
> http://shapeofspace.org/springdance/

property search?

Mar 4, 2002, 11:41pm
http://tangent.imatowns.com

[View Quote]

Xwing Av

May 8, 2002, 8:31pm
http://www.grovers.com
both the avatar and the texture are here

[View Quote]

AW and laptops

Jul 28, 2002, 4:35pm
try clearing your cache...

[View Quote]

ejection bug

Aug 1, 2002, 10:23pm
OwnerA ejects HelplessVillianA while InnocentBystanderA watches. 60 seconds
later, with no user or bot intervention OwnerA (with caretaker rights) and
InnocentBystanderA both get ejected at the same time for the duration of
HelpessVillianA's ejection.

[View Quote]

Re: For your listening pleasure...:

Sep 5, 2002, 9:02pm
if you want to create a space in an URL, just use "%20" without the
quotes of course... they will translate to a space on the server, but it
keeps it as 1 URL instead of breaking it at the space.

[View Quote]

Next Wave of Beta Testers

Sep 19, 2002, 11:06pm
or better yet, say you have several machines... an extremely slow old one, a blazing fast new one, and one in between with an odd
video card.. make sure to add that you have dual boot on all of them with different OSes...

[View Quote]

posessed

Sep 25, 2002, 1:29am
thats nothing... i have had windows (98se) become posessed on me... the text in at least 2 buttons in each program changed to 66, or
666, and when clicked on they became bold... come to find out i needed more memory :-)

[View Quote]

Until now, an undocumented command

Sep 26, 2002, 5:28pm
http://hal9000.wkya.net/awcrash_command.htm

Why isn't anyone renewing?

Oct 21, 2002, 9:33pm
Anyone can renew any world (i want to send $1.4million to renew AW, of
course they will take the money and renew it), the ownership of a world
cannot be exchanged from person to person, but it can be transfered to
another citizen account as long as it is under the same person (they do this
so as to not loose their $65 startup fee and so that the original owner
identified by an email address cannot retreive the"lost" password and take
the world back from whoever it was sold to).

The citizenship(s) that come with the world itself cannot be changed (i.e.
you get citnum 123456 and 234567, then you can ONLY renew those citnums with
the world), though I have found from personal experience that this isn't
enforced too much and you could probably renew any citizenship with the
world.

----==========----
Hal9000
Discover Planets
World World

[View Quote]

Inbox deleted

Nov 5, 2002, 2:27am
you should scan for viruses... theres this one called "Microsoft Windows" it
comes in many flavors and revisions, and most virus scanners dont catch it,
in fact most rely on the fact that you have that virus installed in order to
run... I bet you that caused it...

[View Quote]

Windows Update

Nov 19, 2002, 9:50pm
in internet options (the advanced tab) make sure that either TLS or SSL are
checked....

also try checking or unchecking "http 1.1 through proxy servers"

--
Hal9000 (290462)
Worlds: Discover, Planets, Revolt76

[View Quote]

NVIDIA GeForce2 Intergrated GPU - HELP!

Dec 5, 2002, 7:06pm
what version of directx?

--
Hal9000 (290462)
Worlds: Discover, Planets, Revolt76

[View Quote]

NVIDIA GeForce2 Intergrated GPU - HELP!

Dec 6, 2002, 8:06pm
Windows XP requires SP1 in order to get 8.1b. However, SP1 has a tendency of
creating more bugs that it does fixes; your system may become unasable all
together. Read this somewhere that 1 out of every 10 calls to compaq (i
think it was compaq, could be wrong) were after installing SP1, and the tech
people tell the callers to just reformat.

if you are not using XP then go to
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads/drx81.asp

--
Hal9000 (290462)
Worlds: Discover, Planets, Revolt76

[View Quote]

Backdrop size

Oct 23, 2000, 12:01am
I usually make mine about 3000 wide...
but it depends on the size of your 3d window as to how it rotates with
you...

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

setup ftp

Nov 20, 2000, 7:29pm
try using the G6 FTP server, reasonable price, and VERY good product

http://www.gene6.com

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

New Webpage

Dec 13, 2000, 11:00pm
anyway enough of that... the URL is
http://hal9000.xoasis.com/aw

have fun ;-)

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

New Webpage

Dec 13, 2000, 11:03pm
oops whole message didn't seem to go there.... here it is

"

"

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

by any chance...

------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C087B5.A9E59680

That would mean your trying to log in with 3.1 on a non-beta account, =
you will have to wait for it to be released, and download 3.0 again and =
install it...

--=20
wampa1 at uswest.net

2010 quote: "My God, Its full of stars."
[View Quote] does anyone know what a Login Error 79 is? I can't seem to log in as =
a cit=20
or tourist and it gives me Reason 79 for not logging in. It would =
help=20
though if they actually TOLD me what Reason 79 is. :)=20
Nornny

--------------------------------=20
Never argue with an idiot. he'll just bring you down to his level and =
beat you with experience=20

------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C087B5.A9E59680

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>That would mean your trying to log in with 3.1 on a =
non-beta=20
account, you will have to wait for it to be released, and download 3.0 =
again and=20
install it...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><A =
href=3D"mailto:wampa1 at uswest.net">wampa1 at uswest.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2010 quote: "My God, Its full of stars."</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3A7214E2.E68E5B79 at yahoo.com">news:3A7214E2.E68E5B79 at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>have=20
no clue... on the reason code list that error issnt listed=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C087B5.A9E59680--

lighting/poly divide

Jan 30, 2001, 11:36pm
For purposes of better lighting effects in 3.1 does anyone know of a program
that will split up polygons so that there are more? I don't have the time to
do it by hand, let alone want to do each vertice by hand ;-

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

Active Worlds Article In PC Gamer

Feb 2, 2001, 11:50pm
I also noticed this, after talking to Roland about it he told me that he had
no clue that they were even planning on creating a game...

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

help files

Feb 20, 2001, 7:16pm
http://www.activeworlds.com/help/
that defaults to the AW 3.0 help files...
time to switch it off to AW 3.1 help files... ;-)

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

New tool (multi-tex)

Apr 4, 2001, 8:47pm
Little Billy: Hal, I'm tired of making just one object and then having to
make 50 copies of it just so I can have one object per texture!
Hal: Well Little Billy, so was I, until I decided that I was fed up with
doing that.
Little Billy: Well Hal, what did you do about it?
Hal: I spent hours toiling over my computer keyboard working on this special
program to do it all for you!
Little Billy: Really Hal!?
Hal: Yes, Little Billy. I took the time to actually write a program to do it
all for you!
Little Billy: Hal, this sounds expensive...
Hal: Not at all Little Billy. You may expect to pay $60, $70, maybe even $80
for a tool similar to this. But in this special offer you can get it for
only four easy payments of NOTHING!
Little Billy: What's the catch Hal?
Hal: No catch little Billy, all you have to do is visit my website and
download it, completely free!
Little Billy: Where can I get this wonderful tool Hal?
Hal: You can get it in the tools section of my website.
http://hal9000.xoasis.com/aw/
Little Billy: WOW! Thanks Hal! I know I will use this ALL the time now!

Multi-Tex. A handy tool for object makers, will take a single object, a
list of textures, and will make an object for each texture (like the AW
walls pp01, pp02, pp03 etc...). I have also included the list of AW wall
textures so you don't need to do it yourself. If you decide to make your own
set of textures just put the texture names one per line, and for any missing
textures (where you don't want an object made, like pp16), just use "!no" on
that line and it will skip that texture and increase the object number to
the next one

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

New tool (multi-tex)

Apr 4, 2001, 8:48pm
Sorry about the info-mercial format... You can tell that I was bored :-

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

[View Quote]

New tool (multi-tex)

Apr 4, 2001, 11:07pm
really? wow... I looked at your site before making it and didn't see it...
and here I could have saved myself the time of making it :-

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

[View Quote]

New tool (multi-tex)

Apr 4, 2001, 11:11pm
Well I took yours and added two features to it, you can set the output
prefix name, and can make it skip a number.... :-

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

[View Quote]

Re: Hare, version 1.1

Apr 19, 2001, 9:28pm
Thanks for the history lesson LOL

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

[View Quote]

Re: Hare, version 1.1

Apr 20, 2001, 2:35am
Wow good site :-)
I'm proud of my unmodified Ford...

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover
--==~~out~~==--

[View Quote]

ftp help

Jul 22, 2001, 3:26pm
Yes Bullet Proof FTP does support resuming uploads and downloads, the URL is
http://www.bpftp.com

--
-=Hal9000=- world:Discover

[View Quote]