Next Wave of Beta Testers (General Discussion)

Next Wave of Beta Testers // General Discussion

1  |

god zedle

Sep 18, 2002, 6:24pm
Does anyone know when the next wave of beta testers will be accepted? I have
asked Calpantara, but I get no responce. Anyone know?

--

God Zedle (#306364)
--Programmer--

You probably won't be on it now. He said sometime soon, and not to bug him or you're
going to seriously reduce your chances. :P

Yikes at Zelda.

--Bowen--
--Is also a programmer, but who cares? :P--

[View Quote]

god zedle

Sep 18, 2002, 6:47pm
Ah crud, i know.. I was asking you guys, not him..

[View Quote]

d a n

Sep 19, 2002, 4:31pm
Bowen Wrote:

> --Bowen--
> --Is also a programmer, but who cares? :P--

Of AW???

O_O

---
D a n

jerme

Sep 19, 2002, 5:45pm
The beta thing is very funny.. The people I would think that had the most
technical knowledge and know-how for debuging a program are the ones who are
*not* on the beta program (with the acception of Xel, Ima...). There are
many other's out there, including myself, who program, desing networks,
script bots, are world owners, host worlds or OPs, and so on.... Yet are not
on Beta.

I sent in my application just as I was supposed to. Seeing no results after
2 weeks, I resent my application. I saw many people I knew still being
added, however my application was ignored. A few days later the "next wave"
post was made....

It's not right..... such is life.

-Jeremy

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy Booker - Owner

binarybud

Sep 19, 2002, 5:57pm
Tell them you have an old machine not the hopped up one you got..... your good at cheating ....you should be able to "get in" hehehhe

Leo :)

No, not of the browser or server, but I can program.

--Bowen--

> Of AW???

god zedle

Sep 19, 2002, 6:19pm
This is wrong... I gave the specs on my PC, cause it is an alienware area 51
pc that i use mostly. And now I find out that because my computer is new I
won't get on the beta? This is not right at all.

[View Quote]

pc hard o

Sep 19, 2002, 6:21pm
I wanna be a Beta Tester !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Best Regards,

Daniel André Johansen
SilverSky WebDesign
Organization Number: 984 637 489
Phone: +47 994 95 244
E-Mail: daniel at silversky.no
ICQ: 7004435
"god zedle" <greg at greggage.com> skrev i melding
news:3d88e11b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Does anyone know when the next wave of beta testers will be accepted? I
have
> asked Calpantara, but I get no responce. Anyone know?
>
> --
>
> God Zedle (#306364)
> --Programmer--

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Sep 19, 2002, 6:30pm
They must already have enough people with "new" computers. Too bad for you. It is their software, and they really *don't* have to allow anyone outside of their company to test at all anyway...

god zedle

Sep 19, 2002, 6:39pm
I have a lot of computers, new, old.. I can test on an old one if needed.

[View Quote]

dion

Sep 19, 2002, 8:49pm
don't tell us, tell them :-P

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Sep 19, 2002, 9:03pm
Do you wanna be flamed?
--
-Miek Zimmer
*Mike

[View Quote] --

E-Mail: daniel at silversky.no
ICQ: 7004435
"god zedle" <greg at greggage.com> skrev i melding
news:3d88e11b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Does anyone know when the next wave of beta testers will be accepted? I
have
> asked Calpantara, but I get no responce. Anyone know?
>
> --
>
> God Zedle (#306364)
> --Programmer--

lord fett

Sep 19, 2002, 10:26pm
Yea I have a new computer, and I guess since I read the message about having a good computer, doesn't mean you will get to be a beta
tester, that I am not going to get to be one >:(

What about all the people out there that have good computers, but aren't good beta testers? It's not fair :-/

[View Quote]

hal9000

Sep 19, 2002, 11:06pm
or better yet, say you have several machines... an extremely slow old one, a blazing fast new one, and one in between with an odd
video card.. make sure to add that you have dual boot on all of them with different OSes...

[View Quote]

athnex

Sep 20, 2002, 3:47am
Some of the new computers are the most problematic... Look at the Compaqs,
they crash every 30 secounds on the dot. I have an old computer that runs
just fine. My computer.. wich is half new and half old (i still have a 1991
floppy drive in it) it runs perfict. But aw has issues on it.. still... It
always has.

[View Quote]

pc hard o

Sep 20, 2002, 4:01am
flamed?

E-Mail: daniel at silversky.no
ICQ: 7004435
"mike zimmer" <mike at remmiz.com> skrev i melding
news:3d8a57b9 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Do you wanna be flamed?
> --
> -Miek Zimmer
> *Mike

[View Quote]

brock

Sep 20, 2002, 11:32am
I have two computers i use to beta test AW
1) AMD Thunderbird 1.2GHZ, 768MB Ram, Geforce4 MX420
2) Intel Pentium II 350MHZ, 64 MB Ram, ATI Rage 32MB

--
Brock - 308723
AW 3.4 Build: 431
Brock at iceflare.net

lord fett

Sep 20, 2002, 12:15pm
heh, I have an old compaq. Maybe I could beta test AW on that instead of my new one? :-P

"binarybud" <leom at knorrinteractive.com> wrote in
news:3d8a2c16$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Tell them you have an old machine not the hopped up one you got.....
> your good at cheating ....you should be able to "get in" hehehhe

Won't help much heh. I submitted my system (a P 233MhZ MMX... yes, I know,
it's horrible) and my technical qualifications, but I'm still not on the
beta.

Flamed - Killed, slaughtered, maimed, insulted, provoked etc

i told them i have 2 pcs (which i really do) just ones ok, and the other is
good lol. but there both totally diffrent :) and i can use some of the
computers in my dads office, lots of diffrent types of computers there. so,
im guessing its not about the computers lol.