by any chance... (Community)

by any chance... // Community

1  |

nornny

Jan 15, 2001, 7:55pm
does anyone know what a Login Error 79 is? I can't seem to log in as a cit
or tourist and it gives me Reason 79 for not logging in. It would help
though if they actually TOLD me what Reason 79 is. :)

Nornny

sw comit

Jan 15, 2001, 8:00pm
anyone on a leaked copy of 3.1 gets it now, the 3.1 browser only lets in
certian people, the beta team =\

I don't see what the harm was...

nornny

Jan 15, 2001, 8:02pm
aww shucky darns. and...how do we get back to 3.0?

Nornny

[View Quote]

sw comit

Jan 15, 2001, 8:05pm
download from website, make sure you back up your contact and teleport txt
files

sw comit

Jan 15, 2001, 8:05pm
btw you can still play around with it in offline mode, lol.

syntax

Jan 15, 2001, 8:09pm
Blah, now I gotta recache. :-p
--
Syntax
syntax at earthcorp.com
www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

nornny

Jan 15, 2001, 8:11pm
I guess that's what I get for playing with something I shouldn't have. :)

Nornny

[View Quote]

agent1

Jan 15, 2001, 8:15pm
Roland posted to beta:

"Due to widespread bypassing of the closed beta, the universe server now prevents logins of beta browsers on non beta accounts. Doing so will produce the error "Login failed (reason 79)" in browsers 363 and earlier. Starting with 364 (not out yet) the browser knows what reason 79 is and will print a more informative error message.

Those of you who are running 3.1 and who are not on the beta program will now have to re-install 3.0 from our web site. Sorry. Next time, wait until the beta is released.

Beta users can run 3.1 on non-beta accounts or in tourist mode by first starting the browser using your beta account. Once started, you can switch to another account or to tourist mode.

-Roland"

[View Quote]

dennis13

Jan 15, 2001, 9:45pm
No wonder why Roland said in Test80, "Enjoy 3.1 while you can." LOL. He also
mentioned that there were more people on beta than there is on private beta.

[View Quote]

zero

Jan 15, 2001, 10:27pm
**snicker** thats what ya get for impatience lol suckers!

--
Chris Waddell
dmonix at dmonix.net
www.dmonix.net

eep

Jan 16, 2001, 7:04am
Me either, especially considering all Roland and HamFon have to do is simply ignore those not on the closed beta list...but that would be too easy for them, I guess. Roland's a piece of work considering he made an excuse as to why NOT to restrict the beta AW to certain people because of the universe server programming involved--guess he doesn't know what he's REALLY talking about since such restrictions are now in place in such a short time, eh? Feh...with each statement he makes he reeks as much as Rick and JP do in their public dealings...and I am disgusted by it.

[View Quote] > anyone on a leaked copy of 3.1 gets it now, the 3.1 browser only lets in
> certian people, the beta team =\
>
> I don't see what the harm was...

nova n@n.com

Jan 16, 2001, 3:24pm
Well the people who had the leaked beta 3.1 browsers should have just used
them not said any thing and not sent tgrams and emails etc . I bet any one
here if they were ,makeing the 3.1 beta would have done the same thing. I
mean even if you choose to ignore the people not on the beta you still have
to go through the email as im sure not all bugs are posted to the beta group
im sure they also send emails etc. I woulnt mind haveing a copy to do like
sw comit said and mess with it off line just to check out the new comands
etc.
[View Quote]

tony56

Jan 16, 2001, 8:39pm
Oh sweet Moses, you used capitals and puntuaction marks!

--
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Pizza Pie!"

dennis13

Jan 17, 2001, 1:00am
They weren't smart. They thought nothing would happen probably even if they
reported bugs, but it did. heh

[View Quote]

the derek

have no clue... on the reason code list that error issnt listed
[View Quote]

hal9000

------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C087B5.A9E59680

That would mean your trying to log in with 3.1 on a non-beta account, =
you will have to wait for it to be released, and download 3.0 again and =
install it...

--=20
wampa1 at uswest.net

2010 quote: "My God, Its full of stars."
[View Quote] does anyone know what a Login Error 79 is? I can't seem to log in as =
a cit=20
or tourist and it gives me Reason 79 for not logging in. It would =
help=20
though if they actually TOLD me what Reason 79 is. :)=20
Nornny

--------------------------------=20
Never argue with an idiot. he'll just bring you down to his level and =
beat you with experience=20

------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C087B5.A9E59680

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>That would mean your trying to log in with 3.1 on a =
non-beta=20
account, you will have to wait for it to be released, and download 3.0 =
again and=20
install it...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><A =
href=3D"mailto:wampa1 at uswest.net">wampa1 at uswest.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2010 quote: "My God, Its full of stars."</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3A7214E2.E68E5B79 at yahoo.com">news:3A7214E2.E68E5B79 at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>have=20
no clue... on the reason code list that error issnt listed=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C087B5.A9E59680--