Value of a cit (Community)

Value of a cit // Community

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

wing

Aug 26, 2001, 3:28am
Is there any anymore? Juno gets free cits, why should we be punished into paying because of our choice of ISP? What about the free
cits given to Outerworlds citizens?

SO WHY IN THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO PAY MY $20?

What does it get me besides tourists ABUSING me at every turn?
Every time I come near one they do nothing but have cybersex, stand in my face and wave and verbally assault cits, if not myself
personally.

I certainly don't see anything that I get, other than a bill that the non-paying cits don't.

Hell, half the PKs even look like they're straight out of Junodome.

Peacekeeper 12: WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON ???

This is one of the MANY factors that caused me to forfeit my account (Wing) to expiration earlier today. Perhaps when things change
I will return.

jfk2 builder

Aug 26, 2001, 4:57am
The value of FAMILY is why i love other universes. It makes the value
of a CIT all that much more rewarding. You get to know the OWNERS of a
universe faster and they can do things that the PK's can't... True...
There are no PK's in Outerworlds, Dreamland Park Universe, City4All
Universe, Cybernet Worlds Universe, Galaxy Worlds Universe... But it's
like living in a small town FAMILY Values and that is what makes those
places enjoyable. And there is far less pressure to keep up with the
Mr. Jones who has another world. Also if you buy a world in any of the
smaller places... Since there is no NewYork world yet... You could
have a bot copy of Broadway world and no one to complain... Every world
you buy is unique... There is no duplicates YET. But maybe someday
there will be.... But for right now... small town Famaily Values is
the ticket to a valused cit...

"wing" <bathgate at prodigy.net> wrote in
news:3b888918 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Is there any anymore? Juno gets free cits, why should we be punished
> into paying because of our choice of ISP? What about the free cits
> given to Outerworlds citizens?
>
> SO WHY IN THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO PAY MY $20?
>
> What does it get me besides tourists ABUSING me at every turn?
> Every time I come near one they do nothing but have cybersex, stand
> in my face and wave and verbally assault cits, if not myself
> personally.
>
> I certainly don't see anything that I get, other than a bill that the
> non-paying cits don't.
>
> Hell, half the PKs even look like they're straight out of Junodome.
>
> Peacekeeper 12: WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON ???
>
> This is one of the MANY factors that caused me to forfeit my account
> (Wing) to expiration earlier today. Perhaps when things change I will
> return.

internal affairs

Aug 26, 2001, 3:22pm
Since when has Outerworlds been giving out free cits? I had to pay my $20
fair and square.

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 26, 2001, 5:37pm
....he said whats the point of having a cit in this
universe (aw)... dont see what that has to do with
all these other places?

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 26, 2001, 6:47pm
Active Worlds is not honest and upfront about their costs. People end up
paying more for less in the end if they continue. This is how: I was a
tourist and all I saw was a register feature for citizenship, after becoming
a citizen I found out buying a world would give a citizenship for free. $20
is nothing when you address one person and for one year, but counting others
and adding on years, it accumulates to a lot.

This is similar to Juno giving out free citizenships. If you had known you
would have switched isp's also possibly, but now that they got your your
money they won't credit you $20 on a purchase of a world. STINGY STINGY
Active Worlds. Well, right now you got $20 of my money, you could have had
at least $80 if you played your cards right. I probably would have upsized
the world and paide close to $200. They banked on me paying them $80, when
they should have credited me $20 on the purchase of a world, charged me $60,
and then watch me establish my world where I would need to buy more from
them when I wanted to expand.

Right now I have no world, I haven't established anything to want to pay
more to Inactive Worlds, and I can walk away $60 richer than if I had.

[View Quote]

zero

Aug 27, 2001, 2:48am
Fact is, you can satisfy any of you people, any of the time.
If you do not like it, do not use it.

Simple
Be human

sw comit

Aug 27, 2001, 4:45am
Not to mention, when you pay $20 the first time, that comes with a trial
world and a bot limit of 3. Money's money, seems to me like you should get
more +3 bot limit and another trial world - it *might* add a little more
desire to renew too.

[View Quote]

sw comit

Aug 27, 2001, 4:47am
Then again, I guess you pay for 3 limit bot rights for a year, so I take
that part back.

[View Quote]

mc cloud

Aug 27, 2001, 5:32am
oh yeah and in the soon to bee new version u have to pay 5 bucks to change
ur name whats up with that?
[View Quote]

syntax

Aug 27, 2001, 7:45am
I never heard anything about this... :-0
--
- Syntax -
www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 27, 2001, 9:02am
I had to pay my $19.95 for one year as well... BUT they do have
Building Contests... And many of them have as a PRIZE = One Free Cit.

"internal affairs" <biginsey at yahoo.com> wrote in
news:3b893063 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Since when has Outerworlds been giving out free cits? I had to pay my
> $20 fair and square.

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 27, 2001, 9:08am
I think that $5.00 name change thing is to cut down on the names people
will use. I have several friends that use umpteen different names.
Wile i've only used one or two different names at any one time most
people change their names everytime they sneeze too hard. lol

"mc cloud" <mc_cloud13 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3b89f79d at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> oh yeah and in the soon to bee new version u have to pay 5 bucks to
> change ur name whats up with that?
[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 27, 2001, 9:10am
To me that name change thing should be dropped... BUT you know how
these big companies are.... Just like Microsoft... They want to dip
their fingers more & more into your wallet for the least little thing.

"syntax" <sfris at swcity.net> wrote in
news:3b8a16c1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I never heard anything about this... :-0
> --
> - Syntax -
> www.swcity.net

the AWC is a TINY company! they have **19** employees! They are at the
distance of Betelgeuse (the star) in relation to Microsoft! They're not big,
they have no power, they have absolutely no monopoly!

agent1

Aug 27, 2001, 12:02pm
No, you don't :)

flagg

Aug 27, 2001, 12:52pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I just wanted to clear up a few rumors contained in this thread.

1. Only Juno premium members get free cits. Those cits are only good for 60
days. (Juno premium members currently pay $14.95 a month to Juno)

2. Outerworlds citizens do not get free citizens in Activeworlds.

3. We are not charging $5.00 (or any amount of money) for citizen name
changes.

4. (This is mainly for Marcus) The free citizens that come with your world
are intended for you to give to friends and family so that they can see your
cool new world. It is a free gift that comes with your purchase. When you
order "Time Magazine" they give you a free clock, are you going to tell them
to subtract $15.00 from the magazine subscription because you already have a
clock?

Thank you again for your time. If you have any questions I can be contacted
via e-mail at Tom at activeworlds.com or in Activeworlds.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

zero

Aug 27, 2001, 1:02pm
Thank you Flagg, proving once again and dispelling another myth, that the
employees of aw do not read what people say in here.
Also I might add a correction to my own post, I meant to say, "you can not
please any of you."
Go ahead and try any of the other VR chat programs, see what you get for
"features" or for content.
You will come crawling back to aw.

Well Wing brought up the other places.

SW Chris

sounds like a nasty rumor to me... Where's the features list?

SW Chris

are you sure? for example Blaxxun Studios seem to be doing very good... and
because AW is using a rather old (the splash says copyright 199x-1999, so
that would mean that RW3 is *3* years old, wich in computers is a very long
time, ESPECIALLY in gfx...), not all that advanced engine it's rather easy
to catch up with AW...

jfk2 builder

Aug 27, 2001, 9:51pm
Thank-You Flagg for making things alot clearer. that shold help on the
posts in here. When i mentioned Outerworlds giving free cits for
contests... Those free cits are for OUTERWORLDS ONLY. Just like
Dreamland Park Universe's free cits. For their universe only. If you
want a free cit for AW you have to obtain it through AW's games, and
world being bought. NOT through some other universe.

"flagg" <tom at activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3b8a5ebf$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
>
> I just wanted to clear up a few rumors contained in this thread.
>
> 1. Only Juno premium members get free cits. Those cits are only good
> for 60 days. (Juno premium members currently pay $14.95 a month to
> Juno)
>
> 2. Outerworlds citizens do not get free citizens in Activeworlds.
>
> 3. We are not charging $5.00 (or any amount of money) for citizen
> name changes.
>
> 4. (This is mainly for Marcus) The free citizens that come with your
> world are intended for you to give to friends and family so that they
> can see your cool new world. It is a free gift that comes with your
> purchase. When you order "Time Magazine" they give you a free clock,
> are you going to tell them to subtract $15.00 from the magazine
> subscription because you already have a clock?
>
> Thank you again for your time. If you have any questions I can be
> contacted via e-mail at Tom at activeworlds.com or in Activeworlds.
>

> Sincerely
>
> Tom Fournier
> Customer Service / Sales Manager
> Activeworlds.com Inc.
> 95 Parker St.
> Newburyport, MA 01950
>
> www.activeworlds.com

m a r c u s

Aug 28, 2001, 2:39pm
"4. (This is mainly for Marcus) The free citizens that come with your world
are intended for you to give to friends and family so that they can see your
cool new world."

Please reference me to the .html document on www.activeworlds.com server
(namely, the web address) or where I can confirm this assertion you are
making within the Activeworlds 3.1 program. Thanks.

"It is a free gift that comes with your purchase. When you
order "Time Magazine" they give you a free clock, are you going to tell them
to subtract $15.00 from the magazine subscription because you already have a
clock?"

If I bought the hands of the clock, and then I went out to buy the rest from
the SAME company to later find out the hands came with the clock THEN I
WOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT THE DANG CLOCK!!!! Your analogy doesn't account for
the fact I bought part of something, then found out I could have had it if I
just bought the world to begin with.

[View Quote]

agent1

Aug 28, 2001, 6:36pm
It would be your fault for not researching the products this "clock" company sold.

Activeworlds' website clearly states that you get citizenships with a world -- I sincerely doubt they forced you to buy a citizenship before a world.

the derek

Aug 28, 2001, 9:05pm
well the Gks at awagte used to say you had to be a
cit to buy a world... but maybe that was the case
a while ago

[View Quote]

nova n@n.com

Aug 29, 2001, 12:38am
Blaxxun baa troll heaven uses a plugin tech thats buggy beond belief.
They charge 100 to 200k for one of their servers.
And they are not doing very well at all realy.
and you cant tell me i dont know any thing bout them sence i was there for
nearly 3 years and know many of the higher up people and am still in contact
with a couple of them.
[View Quote]

daphne

Aug 29, 2001, 12:44am
marcus... Next time, before you "buy a product", DO THE RESEARCH!!!!

If you look at the web pages that AWC maintains giving information about the
worlds for sale you will SEE that one or more free citizenships come WITH
the purchase of a world...
https://www.activeworlds.com/ssl/buyworld/

YOU didn't do the research BEFORE you bought the product but you sure know
how to moan and groan!!! Give it up!!! Give ppl some peace!!!

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 29, 2001, 5:58am
Do you know the meaning of keeping your nose out of other people's business?
I was asking flagg not another user to flame me. If you want to start from
zero and have a real conversation let me know. Otherwise, don't interject
thinking you have all the facts straight. You do your research and
understand the premise I have been presenting for months. It has nothing to
do with a website.

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 29, 2001, 5:59am
Do you know the meaning of keeping your nose out of other people's business?
I was asking flagg not another user to flame me. If you want to start from
zero and have a real conversation let me know. Otherwise, don't interject
thinking you have all the facts straight. You do your research and
understand the premise I have been presenting for months. It has nothing to
do with the analogy flagg brought up.

no, you didn't... you just said "please reference me", not "please reference
me, Flagg" nor did you include any message stating you didn't want other ppl
to flame you. Actually, you were the one that asked for this website, and
now you say it doesn't matter? actually, it's on the website you do research
about AW products, as it's the only place where there is any info about AW
products (DUH!)... It was YOUR fault that you didn't check all posibilities
first. And anyway, you said in a post you had 2 citizenships, don't tell me
you didn't look for any special offers or something before buying the
second?

nornny

Aug 29, 2001, 10:20am
if you wanted to keep the conversation private, why didn't you just
privately email Flagg like the lot of us? You must surely know better than
to respond to a message out in the newsgroup because you're setting yourself
up for people sticking their nose in. And two, everyone will probably just
look at you as trying to get attention and setting Flagg up to be humiliated
by you. If you already did privately email Flagg, kudos. Not every newsgroup
topic needs to be discussed in a newsgroup, anything personal is best left
off the newsgroup, because that's how flames towards you happen.

Nornny

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  |