flagg // User Search

1  |

wish list???

Nov 19, 2001, 8:55pm
yes we do :-)

[View Quote]

Do older versions of AW still work

Oct 17, 2001, 7:46pm
Hi Everyone,

2.2 and 3.0 will continue to work, but not forever. If you are still having
trouble with 3.2 it is imperative that you e-mail support at activeworlds.com
with specific details so that we may attempt to eliminate the problems you
are having.

Thank you...

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

[View Quote]

NG's

Oct 29, 2001, 1:58pm
Hi Cozmo,

Your account was removed from these NG's for its use of vulgarity in a
direct attack on another customer in the "wishlist" NG.

Unfortunately your right to post here under that account will not be
returned.

I hope with the account you are using now you will be able to be more
respectful of the other (paying) citizens that use this NG as well.

I'm not sure where you e-mailed, but if you have any specific questions I
will be more than happy to answer them for you. Tom at activeworlds.com

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

[View Quote]

NG's

Oct 29, 2001, 6:05pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

On 10/5/01 I made a post in the community NG called "people value". I
described my intention to monitor and remove any user who made direct
attacks against other customers through vulgarity and viciousness. A total
of 7 accounts have been removed since I made that post. I have included my

Many customers have expressed to me their dislike of our NG's and the
negative vibe that it emanates. On 10/5/01 I made a commitment to them that
our newsgroups would be a safe place to exchange information again. I will
use every tool available to ensure I keep my commitment.

I encourage everyone to contact their AW buddies and encourage them to come
back to the newsgroups and to enjoy the friendly free flow of information
they are meant to provide and I would like to ensure them that we are doing
our part to keep this part of the cyber neighborhood a clean and friendly
place.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

"People Value"
Posted 10/5/01

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

The newsgroups you are now reading are here for the entire Activeworlds
community. They are meant as a place for the users of our software to get
help with problems and issues relating to Activeworlds. They are also here
to help our community get to know one another and plan events and projects
for inside Activeworlds. They are not and never have been designed as a
soap box for people to wage private vendettas against one another and it
also is not a place where you should have to worry about being attacked
through vulgarity and viciousness.

Now the personal attacks and vulgarity must stop. If you use our newsgroups
to wage a personal war or to attack other users you may have your right to
post here suspended indefinitely without warning.

The Activeworlds users reading this post now can rest assured that these
newsgroups will be used for the sole purpose of sharing information, ideas
and feedback in a pleasant and polite manner for all users, newbies or old
timers, and that we will not allow vulgar attacks against our customers.
Thank you...

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

Universe greeting

Oct 31, 2001, 4:23pm
Hi KAH,

I am responsible for both of those messages. If you can give me a valid
reason as to why you feel it is wrong or unprofessional I will stop doing
it.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

*(PLEASE INCLUDE ALL PREVIOUS DIALOG IN ALL REPLIES TO ENSURE A FAST AND
ACCURATE RESPONSE)*
[View Quote]

Universe greeting

Nov 1, 2001, 11:43am
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I greatly appreciate the constructive feedback you all have given on this
matter. My listing of the AWBingo's games was not intended to take away
from people visiting your worlds and I sincerely apologize if it had that
effect. Do to daylight savings the games started an hour earlier and I
thought the Universal greeting would be a good way to let people know. I
did not foresee the issues you now raise and if I had I would not have done
it. Again I apologize.

We will no longer use the Universal greeting to promote one of our contests
and the entire Activeworlds staff has been informed of this.

Thank you all again for your valuable feedback. As always it is greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

Universe greeting

Nov 2, 2001, 12:59pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Yesterday I made a post which stated, "We will no longer use the Universal
greeting to promote one of our contests and the entire Activeworlds staff
has been informed of this." I now must take a moment to correct myself.

Activeworlds is sensitive to the concerns expressed by its users and will
use more discretion in its use of the Universal greeting, however
Activeworlds may at times still use the Universal Greeting to diseminate
information in the AW Universe of important information and special events.

I understand that this may concern some world owners and I would just like
to take moment to assure you that the UMS feature will not be abused. As it
is, it has only been used twice since it's release.

I hope you all will be understanding of this and if you have additional
comments please feel free to contact me at Tom at activeworlds.com.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

*(PLEASE INCLUDE ALL PREVIOUS DIALOG IN ALL REPLIES TO ENSURE A FAST AND
ACCURATE RESPONSE)*

NG Trouble

Aug 6, 2002, 4:13pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

We have removed a couple accounts today for disrupting the NG's.

In the future I would like to ask you all to try not to encourage these
individuals. By replying to their rubbish you may be inadvertantly adding
to it. If they find there way in here again please just forward the post to
me (or call) and I will take care of it for us.

Let's try to keep this place clean.

Thanks again...

-Flagg

Active World's bait and switch operation

Apr 17, 2001, 8:03pm
Hi everyone,

Free citizenships that come with a world have no value in regards to the
price of a world. It is assumed that most people that purchase a world are
already citizens.

The free citizens are intended for the new world owner to give to there
friends and family, though they can use them for whatever they like.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion. Thanks for time and for
supporting Activeworlds.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

[View Quote]

Pornographic Material In Active Worlds (email #3)

Jun 6, 2001, 8:27pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I just wanted to take a moment to clear up some of the confusion regarding
this current topic.

Activeworlds takes all reports of content violations seriously. We
investigate every single one and take action when necessary.

We received two complaints regarding two cartoon pictures of adult woman in
WildAW. One of the complaints was from a citizen who had found the pictures
in WildAW and one was from somebody who had heard about them in the
newsgroups. I do believe these are the images that "m a r c u s" continues
to refer too.

According to our content guidelines (which I will not post entirely as I
know everyone has already read them) "We reserve the right to suspend or
remove any world, objects or properties from the Active Worlds universe
which is brought to our attention and which we find, in our sole discretion,
violates any of these content guidelines or otherwise is in violation of the
law."

I personally went to the location and viewed the reported pictures and after
looking at them I also checked with some other members of the staff for
there opinions. Using our "sole discretion" it was determined that the
pictures in question did not violate our content guidelines and hence no
action was taken against the property or persons who built the property.

Please understand that we value all of our users and there opinions, however
occasionally it is necessary for us to make decisions that may inevitably
upset a portion of our users. In fact it is impossible not to when you
consider the varying opinions in our diverse Activeworlds community.

I hope I have been able to resolve some of your questions and please feel
free to e-mail me directly if you would like more information.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Tom at activeworlds.com
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

Newsgroup Charter...

Jun 6, 2001, 8:29pm
Charter of the news.activeworlds.com/awcommunity

INTRO:

The need for a moderated group is best explained by
taking a casual look at the many off-topic postings in other, non-moderated
group. Often times, disputes arise of personal nature or insults are thrown
about with no care or regard for the rights or feelings of others. This
flaming is not the purpose or intent of this particular newsgroup. We would
like to avoid such problems from the start.
News.activeworlds.com/awcommunity has been set up as a media for
dissemination of Information relative to the AW community and the AW
software in general. Events of interest to this community and the sharing of
knowledge and community discussion will be posted here. Often times COF Inc.
employees will respond directly to questions or issues they have special
knowledge of or interest in. We invite you all to take an active share in
this newsgroup and hope it will be a positive addition to your AW
experience. Please join in and have fun.

CHARTER: news.activeworlds.com/awcommunity newsgroup is a moderated
newsgroup for the free exchange of information and opinions on AW culture,
language, history, economics, science, and other topics related to
ActiveWorlds.
Posts appropriate for news.activeworlds.com/awcommunity include, but are not
restricted to, all aspects of ActiveWorlds, informational posts about AW
culture, history, etc. Language issues related to AW. Discussion of
education, health, environmental issues , politics, elections, etc.
Discussion of books , articles, webarticles, movies, etc., about AW or the
3D internet in general. Discussion of minority issues, including language,
within AW. Job opportunities within AW. Discussions involving PeaceKeepers
and GateKeepers. Suggestions and tips for newcomers. Suggestions and tips
for World Owners. Additions and alternative implementations of the AW client
or server. COF Inc. posts relevant to the AW community and public meetings.

News.activeworlds.com/awcommunity newsgroup is for anyone who is interested
in AW and who can follow Usenet newsgroup netiquette, basic rules of polite
human interaction, and any further restrictions imposed by this charter.
There is no test or requirement as to how much of an AW citizen a person is
who wants to make a submission and participate. Any restrictions concerning
the contents of a post are intended to keep to the topic of AW, and are not
intended to restrict anyone's expression of opinions. Free speech exists
within the context of AW as a topic as defined in this charter. If the topic
is not about AW, forums other than news.activeworlds.com/ awcommunity
newsgroup are probably more appropriate. Submissions unrelated to AW shall
be rejected. Commercial advertisements unrelated to AW shall be rejected;
all personal ads shall be rejected. Submissions containing ethnic slurs, or
submissions intended to hurt any given race, religion, gender, or sexual
orientation, shall be rejected. Personal attacks on individual posters will
also be rejected. Attacks on COF Inc., its employees, contractors or
partners will be rejected.
When major changes to the charter are to be considered, an announcement will
be made on news.activeworlds.com/awcommunity newsgroup inviting interested
people to respond and thus participate via email. The role of the moderators
is to ensure the conditions of the charter are met by any submission to
news.activeworlds.com/awcommunity newsgroup. The moderators recognize that
they should be as unbiased and objective as is humanly possible. Submissions
are evaluated as to whether or not (1) they are on topic, (2) they meet
netiquette, (3) they are appropriate for the group membership as a group
(rather than something that belongs in e-mail to an individual(s)), and (4)
meet any other submission standards as defined in the charter. The deletions
of the rejected submissions to news.activeworlds.com/moderated newsgroup by
the moderators should be in a timely manner. The total number of moderators
shall be a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5. Should a moderator reject a
submission, s/he will delete the complete with no notice to the group or the
submitter in a timely manner (usually within 48 hours). All of the other
moderators shall be included in any notification of the deletion. Should
the moderators as a group disagree with a moderator's decision about a
submission, a minimum a coin toss majority is required to override it. Other
details will be refined during the initial existence of
news.activeworlds.com/moderated newsgroup, recognizing that it is impossible
to anticipate all of the details of moderation in advance. Submitters to
news.activeworlds.com/awcommunity newsgroup should recognize the volunteer
nature of the moderators, possible equipment problems with the server, etc.,
and keep such issues in mind when considering whether or not a post or
deletion was made in a timely way. The moderators will also work among
themselves to define the details of moderation, for example, addressing such
issues as how many moderators are actively moderating at a time and how to
deal with threads that appear to have strayed from the subject of AW.
Additional moderators to the initial 2 may be recruited from the readership
as demand warrants. If a moderator wants to retire from the moderation
panel, he or she must make a public statement at least one month prior to
retirement so that a replacement moderator may be found. Anyone may
volunteer to join the moderation panel with the consent of at least a coin
toss majority of the current moderators. Moderators also may be removed by a
coin toss majority of the moderation panel. Of course, moderators may resign
of their own volition at any time.

E-Mail Addresses: One e-mail addresses will be established for contacting
the group of moderators. A home page will also be established as a
repository for the charter and other relevant materials that may be required
in the future (FAQ, moderator policy updates, etc.).END CHARTER.

MODERATOR INFO: news.activeworlds.com/awcommunity newsgroup

Moderator: Rick Noll < enzo at activeworlds.com >
Moderator: JP McCormick < jpmc at activeworlds.com >

NEWSGROUP MOTTO: "Be excellent to each other. and PARTY ON DUDES!" J
Abraham Lincoln

Newsgroup Charter...

Jun 6, 2001, 8:42pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I have posted this charter as a reminder in case there is anyone who has not
seen it or has seen it, but forgotten what it says.

Some of you may notice a few posts missing from the newsgroups today. These
posts were removed for violating the charter.

In the event you find a post that you feel violates the newsgroup charter
please e-mail abuse at activeworlds.com and include a copy of the post and a
starting thread. If it is found to violate the rules set forth in this
newsgroup then it will be removed.

If we find a particular user who is violating the charter on a regular basis
they may loose the privilege to post here entirely.

In the next few days we will be opening a new newsgroup called "General
Discussion". This will be for Activeworlds community members to use to
discuss things not supported by the other available newsgroups.

Thank you again everyone for your support of Activeworlds. If you have any
questions please feel free to contact me by e-mail. Have a great day and
let's keep these newsgroups a friendly place for all.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Tom at activeworlds.com
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

xelagon offline

Aug 22, 2001, 7:38pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

The world "XelaGsuX" has been closed for violating the Activeworlds Universe
guidelines. We sincerely apologize for any concern or confusion this issue
may have caused.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to e-mail me at
Tom at activeworlds.com and as always thank you for supporting Activeworlds.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

Value of a cit

Aug 27, 2001, 12:52pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I just wanted to clear up a few rumors contained in this thread.

1. Only Juno premium members get free cits. Those cits are only good for 60
days. (Juno premium members currently pay $14.95 a month to Juno)

2. Outerworlds citizens do not get free citizens in Activeworlds.

3. We are not charging $5.00 (or any amount of money) for citizen name
changes.

4. (This is mainly for Marcus) The free citizens that come with your world
are intended for you to give to friends and family so that they can see your
cool new world. It is a free gift that comes with your purchase. When you
order "Time Magazine" they give you a free clock, are you going to tell them
to subtract $15.00 from the magazine subscription because you already have a
clock?

Thank you again for your time. If you have any questions I can be contacted
via e-mail at Tom at activeworlds.com or in Activeworlds.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

Value of a cit

Aug 31, 2001, 5:42pm
M a r c u s,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

This will be my last post on this issue as I feel I have already answered
your concerns both in this thread and in a previous thread on April 17th.

Free citizens that come with a world have no value, they are a free gift (no
matter how you want to look at it). When we reconfigured the world prices
free citizenships were actually not going to be included. We added them at
the last minute as we felt our users would not like the change. As I have
stated before it is assumed that a user that purchases a world is already a
citizen.

However, I feel all the above is completey irrelevant. Why? Because you
seem to have forgotten your own issue. When you orginally contacted us via
e-mail what you wanted was the ability to change AW's backdrop and you were
upset that you had to buy a world if you wanted backdrop control. Then you
felt that we had mislead you because you relized worlds came with free
citizens and you had to buy yours. We offered to refund your money and we
offered to make your citizen one of the free ones that would come with your
world. Did you except this offer that is exactly what you are asking for
now? No! What you sent us was a "take it or leave it" offer to give you
one P-10/5 ($79.95) and one copy of TrueSpace3 ($69.95) and you would in
turn give us $100.00. We declined your offer.

I fully understand the issue revolving around this thread and the orginal
issue you had with us months ago. I have done my research and read
everything you have had to say. However, just because I understand what you
are saying does not meen I or anyone else has to agree.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

People value.

Oct 5, 2001, 6:02pm
[...]

What does it take?

Oct 11, 2001, 3:12pm
Dear Insanity and Peace walker,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

When you contacted me via telegram regarding the problem you had on the
web-site I explained to you that you needed to contact Noelle as she was the
one who would be responsible for helping you with your problem.

Now I apologize that I was not able to help, but at that time I was working
on another project that required my full attention. I do from time to time
provide support for people via telegram and I have done so for you on a few
occasions, but telegram support is not a service we offer. When a member of
Activeworlds staff provides support via telegram they are doing so
voluntarily. I as a staff member of Activeworlds get many, many telegrams
per hour and I do not respond to all of them, but usually when someone asks
for help I do point them in the right direction, which is what I did for
you.

You e-mailed Noelle and told her that you had encountered a error on our
site. Noelle replied to you within 3 hours of your sending her a e-mail.
In my opinion her response to you was very satisfactory based on the
information you had given her. If you had responded to that e-mail or
called our office your problem would probably already be solved, in fact I
will go as far to say that it would have probably been solved that same day.
However, instead of responding to her you e-mailed me with a complaint
regarding our service. Due to the fact that your complaint was sent late
afternoon on a Friday I did not see it until early Monday morning, but at
that time it was already to late as you had sent another complaint in far
more detail covering many other things some of which had nothing to do with
our billing system or the problem you had encountered. I have noted all the
issues you mentioned and am working to address the ones we agree are
important at this time.

Now I would like to take this moment to answer a couple of the concerns here
in our newsgroup so that the community that has been following this thread
knows where Activeworlds stands on some of the issues you have raised.

Activeworlds.com has a new web-site. This site deploys many new features
and still has many new features to come. Whenever any company tries things
that they have not done before it is extremely possible that there may be
unexpected problems. When these problems occur we appreciate and need the
help our rational and patient customers give us. We do not plan these
problems to get more money from our customers. The fact is that problems
like these cause us to loose customers. The double billing that occurred on
our site happened when a customer would repeatedly click the refresh button
on there browser because they believed the transaction was not going
through. In fact the transaction was going through and when the refresh
button was hit it would send the hole transaction through again. We are
actively working with the around 10 customers we know of who had this
problem to ensure that they are credited for any over payment we received.
Most of these cases are already resolved and the problem on our site has
been fixed.

There where some other issues on the site regarding trial world data and
orders that did not go through. The order problem should be fixed now and
we are working to resolve the issue regarding trial world data over
weekends.

As for us accepting credit card information via e-mail. It is up to the
customers of Activeworlds how they want to provide us with billing
information. You were given several choices and were not forced in any way
to provide your billing info via e-mail. I have many customers who's
preferred choice of communication for billing info is e-mail and in fact I
have used e-mail to provide my own billing information to other companies.
I feel e-mail is safe enough for me and choose to leave it up to the
customer as to what methods they prefer and trust. Obviously if I did not
trust a company I was doing business with I would either not do business
with them or pay them through a method like "money order" to ensure my
consumer safety.

I would like to thank you all again for taking the time to read this post.
I will not respond on this specific issue again in these newsgroups so
please direct any concerns or questions you have regarding anything I have
stated to me at Tom at activeworlds.com.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

What does it take?

Oct 11, 2001, 7:47pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I wanted to correct the inaccuracies in "peace walkers" last post.

The "Insanity" account was blocked from this newsgroup do it's use in
posting what I felt was a attack on another user. I removed that post and
banned the "Insanity" account as I said I would in the thread labeled
"People value". If I had any intention of trying to censor Insanity's
original post I would have removed it from this newsgroup. I never had any
intention of doing so as I felt it was important for the community to hear
both sides and make up their own minds. In addition if I had wanted to
censor you I would have banned your "peace walker" account as well.

On another note, in case you only see the post by "peace walker" I never
said, "it's SAFE to send your Credit Card via open e-mail". What I did say
was, "I feel e-mail is safe enough for me and choose to leave it up to the
customer as to what methods they prefer and trust."

I hope this clears up any confusion. Thank you again for taking the time to
read this post.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

[View Quote]

What does it take?

Oct 12, 2001, 12:30pm
Ok... I am not going to get into a NG battle over this so this will be my
last post in this thread. I feel it is important to respect others point of
views. I just want to point out to the community that Insanity, Peace
Walker and Yo Mamma are all the same person...

Thank you...

[View Quote]

cob dump

Oct 24, 2001, 1:42pm
http://www.activeworlds.com/cobdump3.htm

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

[View Quote]

Renewing a world

Nov 26, 2001, 1:50pm
Hi HenrikG,

I happen to love your world "Tomorrow", it is one of my favorites.

The reason you could not renew on the site is because not only does your
world not match any current sizes, but it doesn't match any old sizes
either. If it had been a old PS8, PS8XE, PS16 or PS16XE then the sight is
set up to renew for you. Your world however has the same amount of land as
a PS16, but has more users. The sight does not know a price for that
configuration so it asked you to contact AW.

If you like I can reduce the sim users on your world to 16 and that should
let you renew at the classic PS16 price & size.

You can contact me at Tom at activeworlds.com to let me know what you would
like to do.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com
[View Quote]

Managing information in AW culture

Jan 18, 2002, 1:46pm
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to note that we have only banned one NG account in the past
month. That account was banned for a vulgar attack on another user. The
"jcolbert" account was not banned and should be able to post just fine.

The rumor that we have banned any NG account, recently, for any reason other
than personal attacks in not true.

-Flagg

[View Quote]

New Pricing...

Feb 6, 2002, 5:40pm
Hi Everyone,

Below is the link to Mr. Noll's letter to the community regarding new
pricing.

http://www.activeworlds.com/letter.html

As always feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Tom at activeworlds.com

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

Newsgroups...

Mar 5, 2002, 5:34pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

As most of you are aware there has been some changes lately in the
Activeworlds Universe. Currently the staff at Activeworlds has less time to
devote to many of the things a lot of you are use to us taking care of.
Less time and a influx of postings has made it difficult to keep up with
every post and thread in these groups and I greatly appreciate the
individuals who have helped me in this task through e-mail, telegrams and by
phone.

After today some users will find they can no longer post here. There
accounts were closed without warning as a direct result of their use of
obscenities, objectionable language, or personal attacks in expressing their
opinions. No accounts were removed for any other reason.

Over the past few weeks we have had several complaints regarding some of the
posters methods in these newsgroups. Though the disruptions to the
Newsgroups were obvious, there was no clear violation of the guidelines
previously set forth. However, the original purpose of these guidelines was
to keep these newsgroups a friendly environment for all to use without
reservations. It seems obvious that these guidelines, though eliminating
the original issues we all faced a few months ago, do not address all the
possibilities of what can disrupt an otherwise creative, resourceful and
helpful environment. So starting today if I receive ten complaints from ten
unique Activeworlds Newsgroup users regarding another user who is found to
be disrupting the intended purpose of these newsgroups then we will allow
the Activeworlds Newsgroup community to vote on the disrupting users future
posting ability. All complaints must be received within one week of each
other and no account can be voted on more than once every two months.
Previous policies do not change and we will still remove accounts for
vulgarity, obscenity and personal attacks without warning.

It is my sincere hope that this new system will help resolve some of the new
concerns many of you have and return our Newsgroups, again, to a peaceful
environment where you all can freely exchange knowledge and ideas.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

"Just because someone does not agree, does not mean they didn't hear you."

Bad Time for 3D....

Jul 18, 2002, 4:50pm
Hi ncc 72897,

Quick question for you. You said, "u have to remember that more than half
of the tourists cant register coz of not having a CC". Where did you get
these numbers because they are just not correct.

Not only are the numbers off, but you do not need a credit card to register.
You can register by mail with a check or money order and you can use
PayByCash.com to pay online via Virtual Check (check submitted via World
Wide Web), Check-by-FAX, direct debit (ACH), Western Union®, PayPal,
Citibank's "C2it" service, cash, and wire transfer (in many currencies), or
money order! PaybyCash provides these same services for other online
projects like Dark Age of Camelot, Anarchy Online and Ultima Online.

We all know that there are many ways to improve Activeworlds, but it helps
to have factual information to assist you when making suggestions. If your
desire is to help Activeworlds please inform the next person you see
spreading this rumor of the facts. Thanks.

-Flagg