Value of a cit (Community)

Value of a cit // Community

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 4:56am
I did my homework, I found out they charge for a world without informing the
tourist when they register for a citizenship at the "register now" button
that they could get a citizenship with the purchase of a world.

I haven't bought a world yet, so you can't say I didn't do my homework
regarding buying a world.

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 31, 2001, 9:45am
I try all i can to keep up but sooner or later they change to an
un-recognized name and they go bye bye.. Ohhhh Well..... I guess
that's what happenes when you change enough times that i can't keep
track i i don't know if it's friend or foe it's GONE!!!

"sw comit" <sam64 at jps.net> wrote in
news:3b8f0391 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Yea I have no tolerance for name changers, I just take em off my
> contact list the first time they do it.

heh, I really hate when ppl I know do name changes! suddently I get a
telegram from someone I haven't got the faintest clue who it is. Since I
registered a year ago, I haven't done any name changes (except joke changes
for aprox 30 seconds a few times)...

builderz

Aug 31, 2001, 1:10pm
M a r c u s,

I think I understand your "premise" of the situation. Yes, it would have
been nice if AW could have designed the "Renew" section of the browser
to give you a choice of buying just a citizenship or a world that
includes one or more citizenships. However, it is their program and they
did not. If you would like this to be changed, I suggest you contact
either Rick (also known as E N Z O) and/or JP. In my opinion, I don't
think many tourists want to buy their own world when they first
register, and that is why AWC hasn't included that option. Most new
citizens I have met usually build in other worlds and try to "get the
hang of" building before they go off and even think of purchasing their
own world (or they meet a friend that has their own world and build
there).

Like others have mentioned, if you have looked at all of the pages on
AWC's Web site, you would have come across the Personal World Server
page (located at https://www.activeworlds.com/ssl/buyworld/) and found
out that when you purchase worlds of a certain size, you *do* get a
certain amount of free citizenships. In my opinion, AWC isn't "hiding"
this information anywhere or trying to confuse the consumer. AWC even
has a few bingo worlds in which they give prizes away for free. I have
won both an increase in my bot limit and a free world on another
citizenship of mine in the bingo worlds. Ever think that you could you
could win a free citizenship (or a world for a few months) in a bingo
world and that would "counteract" the $20 you keep whining about?

Flagg already posted a response here in the newsgroup in which he
stated: "The free citizens that come with your world are intended for
you to give to friends and family so that they can see your cool new
world." I fail to see why you keep bringing the issue up over and over
here in this newsgroup. If you dislike AWC's pricing schemes so much,
why don't you either try and create your own program and your own
pricing schemes or just leave AW altogether?

Builderz
Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting Services
http://aw.stuff-x.com/
PGP Key ID: 0xAC0E7073 (for non-commercial use)

You know, you can have that citizenship appended onto your current one to
save you a resubscription charge...

SW Chris

Oh here we go again... Around and around we go... We don't care.

SW Chris

Correction: 1 dumbass post.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 31, 2001, 2:15pm
what you forget is that it is a gift. normally i
wouldnt think a tourist would be able to build a
very good world before being a cit first. you used
to actually HAVE to BE a cit and yet they still
gave free cits... cause it was a gift it wasnt
meant to be the first citizenship. if they do put
any info on the browser it would have to be in the
random immigration officer messages not the
register now button

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 3:47pm
There is no reference to a url in which you mention Flagg. I don't know
what to make out of an intent unless I see a page that says "your
citizenship to the world is not intended for you but for you to give to a
friend". You need to show me a url that makes this kind of intent or Flagg
more accurately since he is the one who asserted.

I am not talking about renewing, I am talking about openly disclosing the
terms of purchase on a citizenship in which they inform a tourist which
click "register now" in the program that they do have and that they did make
(I am not making this up)that a world also comes with a citizenship. THEY
DO DO THIS, this is what they do with the register button, and I am saying
they should complete the "register now" button to let the person know.

It should be in one location, and they CHOSE, not me, BUT ACTIVE WORLDS
CHOSE, to make it so you clicked the register now button.

I DIDN'T CHOOSE IT, ACTIVE WORLDS DID!!! They made the button and why don't
they put the information when you register there.

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 3:51pm
I am sure I can do a lot of things, but when I offered to pay $60 for a
world and they could use the $20 I already paid for a citizenship they
didn't accept they. They wanted $100 total from me, when I would have paid
them eventually 200 for a world after developing it a couple years. Maybe
even more money would have been given to them by me, I don't know.

I like the program, but I don't like how they operate. It reminds me of car
salesman tactics just to squeeze more money out of us and I ain't getting
squeezed.

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 3:52pm
If it is so free, why can't we buy a world for $60 then? think about it

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 3:53pm
then go here
http://members.aol.com/chessmusic/gcn/gcnmusic.htm (Best for higher
connections)

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 31, 2001, 4:00pm
the button isnt the only way to register its just
a quick way to do it by CC
and *looks over to sw*
WE DONT CARE :o)

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 31, 2001, 4:02pm
lol they didnt lie to you and once again
we
dont
care

the derek

Aug 31, 2001, 4:02pm
....? because there is a setup fee which is 70?

[View Quote]

builderz

Aug 31, 2001, 4:36pm
Please see my comments below:

[View Quote] That is because Flagg did not post a URL, he posted here in this
newsgroup. You want a URL? Go here:

> I don't know
> what to make out of an intent unless I see a page that says "your
> citizenship to the world is not intended for you but for you to give to a
> friend". You need to show me a url that makes this kind of intent or Flagg
> more accurately since he is the one who asserted.

Ever heard the word "implied?"

> I am not talking about renewing, I am talking about openly disclosing the
> terms of purchase on a citizenship in which they inform a tourist which
> click "register now" in the program that they do have and that they did make
> (I am not making this up)that a world also comes with a citizenship. THEY
> DO DO THIS, this is what they do with the register button, and I am saying
> they should complete the "register now" button to let the person know.

My fault. I haven't logged in as a tourist for ages and I forgot what
the button says. I should have said the "Register Now" button instead of
the "Renew" button in my prior post.

> It should be in one location, and they CHOSE, not me, BUT ACTIVE WORLDS
> CHOSE, to make it so you clicked the register now button.
>
> I DIDN'T CHOOSE IT, ACTIVE WORLDS DID!!! They made the button and why don't
> they put the information when you register there.

I never said you chose it. I said if you want it changed, go contact
Rick and/or JP.

Builderz
Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting Services
http://aw.stuff-x.com/
PGP Key ID: 0xAC0E7073 (for non-commercial use)

Flagg would know it a bit better than you, you stupid gnome! Flagg is kinda
the sales director of the AWC...

moff piett

Aug 31, 2001, 4:39pm
Guys, he's half kettled... just ignore him. Flagg, you, Goober, many have
made the point very clear. He doesn't care about the issue or the logic
surrounding it, he just wants to be up on his soap box getting attention.
The sane world has made their point and made it well, if he wants to keep
crying about this let him... but you're only feeding him by replying.
Marcus does this only for attention, and by giving him attention you just
fuel him.

I saw you had fun sending me over ten e-mails with that link when I replyed
to you, I'd just like to point out that that's spamming, and that it can be
reported to your ISPs abuse dept...

flagg

Aug 31, 2001, 5:42pm
M a r c u s,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

This will be my last post on this issue as I feel I have already answered
your concerns both in this thread and in a previous thread on April 17th.

Free citizens that come with a world have no value, they are a free gift (no
matter how you want to look at it). When we reconfigured the world prices
free citizenships were actually not going to be included. We added them at
the last minute as we felt our users would not like the change. As I have
stated before it is assumed that a user that purchases a world is already a
citizen.

However, I feel all the above is completey irrelevant. Why? Because you
seem to have forgotten your own issue. When you orginally contacted us via
e-mail what you wanted was the ability to change AW's backdrop and you were
upset that you had to buy a world if you wanted backdrop control. Then you
felt that we had mislead you because you relized worlds came with free
citizens and you had to buy yours. We offered to refund your money and we
offered to make your citizen one of the free ones that would come with your
world. Did you except this offer that is exactly what you are asking for
now? No! What you sent us was a "take it or leave it" offer to give you
one P-10/5 ($79.95) and one copy of TrueSpace3 ($69.95) and you would in
turn give us $100.00. We declined your offer.

I fully understand the issue revolving around this thread and the orginal
issue you had with us months ago. I have done my research and read
everything you have had to say. However, just because I understand what you
are saying does not meen I or anyone else has to agree.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

We don't care.
--
Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?

[View Quote] >

We don't care.
--
Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

We don't care.
--
Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

[View Quote]

moff piett

Aug 31, 2001, 6:08pm
What? He thought you should be able to change the backdrop in OTHER
people's worlds? huh? p-10/5 and TS for only 100.... made awcom an
offer.... oowwwww my brain. I don't think I've read anything so stupid in
my life.

I think Marcus' main problem is that he has a very warped and selfish view
on how the world works, or should work. He has almost no understanding on
what is "fair" or "right". He's stuck with the two year old perspective of
the world where if he doesn't get what he wants, when he wants he, and how
he wants it, it isn't fair. But since he's no longer two years old (I'd
guess around the 13-15 range right now) he's managed to fool him self into
actualying thinking his self-centred view of the world is actualy what
should be. So instead of just sitting in the corner and crying when he
doesn't get his way, he'll demand a refund from awcom since they didn't
give him a load of free stuff for no reason. The most sad thing is, he
seriously thinks he is right. If this was all some not-so-smart way to try
and scam and scare awcom into getting free stuff it would just be funny...
but he seriously thinks he's in the right and on the moral high ground.

LMAO!!! he wanted a $50 discount and he's pissed cuzz he didn't get it??
*bonk* Marcus, you do realize that you're just Marcus, not Marcus Thy
Allmighty, Ruler of The Entire Known World? just getting a $50 discount out
of nowhere? are you sane? have you taken illegal drugs lately?

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 11:31pm
Sorry that url didn't work, can you send a url that ends in ".htm"

It tried opening something in AOL.

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 11:31pm
Yes, and I don't care to continue using active worlds either.

http://members.aol.com/chessmusic/gcn/gcnmusic.htm

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 11:33pm
http://members.aol.com/chessmusic/gcn/gcnmusic.htm

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 11:49pm
"Free citizens that come with a world have no value, they are a free gift
(no
matter how you want to look at it)."

They appear to have a $20 value, please give me something accurate Flagg

"When you orginally contacted us via e-mail what you wanted was the ability
to change AW's backdrop and you were upset that you had to buy a world if
you wanted backdrop control. Then you felt that we had mislead you because
you relized worlds came with free
citizens and you had to buy yours."

I DID feel misled back in Jan, but still liked the program so I figured
"well, if there was a way I could change the background it wouldn't matter
if I had a world cause I don't need to create new objects or have my own
avatars." The background is the feature I wanted. I came to you guys
working with your system you have in place asking "hey, if you are going to
add a citizen with a world I don't need, then give me the background I
need". That is the offer I made, if you refused it fine NO MONEY FOR YOU
THEN. Please give me something accurate Flagg, you are not seeing my
position clearly if you assumed I didn't feel misled FROM THE VERY START in
January when I found out worlds came with a citizenship WHICH Active Worlds
DOES sell for about $20.00.

If you were going to refund anything, why didn't close my account, credit my
$20 to a world or refund it entirely. You didn't, you held on to it like a
grubby salesman. Now you say you would have. Well, I am saying Active
Worlds could have, and they DIDN'T.

"I fully understand the issue revolving around this thread and the orginal
issue you had with us months ago."

You obviously don't, you are just making up false arguments to make me look
bad. My offer was to pay Activeworlds on a 2 year plan, where in the end
you would have more money. You refused that. Now you can walk away
with -$180, you only have $20 of my money.

[View Quote]

builderz

Sep 1, 2001, 12:21am
M a r c u s,

What part of "This will be my last post on this issue as I feel I have
already answered your concerns both in this thread and in a previous
thread on April 17th." don't you understand?