?¿?

<no subject>

The AW 4.1 Pressure Thread

Aug 8, 2005, 7:17am
Yup, considering that a lot of the new version features is not even
included yet in the beta test, I would estimate christmas or rather
spring as a release date for a full stabile version.

However, it will certainly be worth the wait, every minute of it. :)

[View Quote]

Rediculous Signs @ AW GZ

Oct 24, 2005, 11:14pm
[View Quote] Quiet right, the Trojans stayed in their city, it was the Greeks who
used the horse to invade. :-)

[View Quote]

New World - Now Hiring Lead Programmer(s)!

Nov 2, 2005, 10:35am
On a ship in the ocean and before a court of law you are all but in Gods
hands. :-)

[View Quote]

Freebie world

Dec 11, 2005, 11:40pm
Try contacting Ananas, he had contacts with the feebies world owner :)

[View Quote]

Will the last person in AW please turn out the lights

Jan 6, 2006, 8:33pm
There won't be a 4.0 :-)

[View Quote]

Will the last person in AW please turn out the lights

Jan 8, 2006, 6:48pm
[View Quote] There is actually one, but it is not a public release version - the
release version will have the version number 4.1. :-)

Trojans

Jan 11, 2006, 9:08am
MID files cannot carry a virus anyway, since they are not executeable -
and when they play as intended (and to check that you simply listen to
it - in opposite to a an executeable file that just has the ending "mid"
to hide it), then they wont be infected at all. :-)

I have seen and investigated several of those alleged "virus" alarms and
found that they were all false, also, none of the "real" anti-virus
programs (eg. Nod32, Bitdefender, Norton, etc.) will doubt these files,
it is only a few (and mostly always the same) of the, mostly free, virus
checkers which are a bit generous with signatures. :-)

[View Quote]

"Sneak peak" at AW 4.1 (different universe)

Jan 12, 2006, 11:03pm
As far as I can see it, it is just pre-defined avatars that are picked
according to the options you selected, and that is, with the right web
script, possible even now (we saw that mechanism to a minor degree in
NewAW already). So, this has nothing to do with a new 4.1 feature. :-)

[View Quote]

OLD windoze? CLICK HERE!

May 29, 2006, 11:13pm
"Lady NightHawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:447a8a27 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> OLD windoze and 4.1 install suggestions ... SAVE THIS POST (make a
> Keepers folder in your email progy and drag it there)!!!

4.1 will definitely run fine on (OS:) W98SE systems, I also tested
(hardware:) AMD X2 and Pentium M (Laptop) and (graphic card:) GF 6800,
GF7800gtx and Radeon X700 (Laptop) and GF6800 (Laptop).

contacts

May 29, 2006, 11:16pm
"Justin Eyres" <justin_ey_1 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:447b2cca$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Yeah theres a option to request contacts and as mauz said there is a
> add blocked contact probably since there is option to request And
> hopefully our contacts dont get wiped...ill make a notepad file
> anyways :D

If the old contacts can be taken over, then for THESE contacts, the new
feature won't work - therefore, one really wants to wipe the old list and
start over using the new "permission" feature.

World Server

Jun 5, 2006, 2:05pm
[View Quote] yup, I use for example something like ba-a060605.txt for an atdump of
the world starting with the letters Bb on the 5h of June 2006. But the
seperate folder approach seems to be best really. :-)

Thanks Cryonics For Fixing My 4.1 Problem!

Jun 5, 2006, 1:57pm
[View Quote] Absolutely the same here.

[4.1 Build 950] :

Jun 7, 2006, 6:10pm
> Long avatar lists are no longer split into multiple menus side by side (no,
> not the tree) resulting in having to scroll (at a very slow rate) through to
> get to the end of the list.
<<<

Yes, sort of annoying, esepcially since you cannot walk through the list
by using PGUP and PGDN and neither can you go to the end of the list by
scrolling above avatar 0. So when you are unlucky and your avatar is at
the end of a long list, it can take a minute or two to go there...

For world owners: Texture Research and AWE 2.0

Jun 7, 2006, 1:48pm
Textures that are too large might not display in all AW though, I do not
know presently the borderline, but it should be 1024 or 2048. Also,
pictures do not display on picture objects when they are too large.

For terrain it is indeed preferably to use the biggest size possible,
since it reduces the stretching on height differences or the pixeelation
and fuzziness and enables very detailled terrain too (even more now,
with 512 terrains possible).

[View Quote]

For world owners: Texture Research and AWE 2.0

Jun 7, 2006, 6:07pm
Well, I did not know it exactly and for all versions <g>, all I knew
there was some frontier up to which textures and pictures displayed, I
discovered it once and then decided only to make textures of up to
1024*1024 and did not store the exact maximum size in my memory. :-)

In fact, when ones graphic card is too small in memory, it can happen
that they cannot see textures of higher sizes either. 1024*1024 should
be a safe size, though.

[View Quote]

taller avs?

Jun 11, 2006, 9:50pm
I think the collision algorithm has changed and the door appears now too
small for the avatar to pass through.

[View Quote]

taller avs?

Jun 11, 2006, 9:53pm
Oh, and this can also come from the bounding box of the cat, maybe it is
bigger than the cat body/and or has an unusual origin and the changed
algorithm now takes that into account, while in 3.6, the algorithm did
not.

[View Quote]

SDK Developers : Pissed Off

Jun 18, 2006, 9:46pm
Yes, I agree that losing more than half the area that you could see
before isn't the best of ideas.
<<<

It actually would be down to 1/4 (or 25%) only when x and z are cut in
half. :-)

SDK Developers : Pissed Off

Jun 19, 2006, 8:42pm
Sorry, you are right, I misunderstood the problem. :-)

[View Quote]

SDK Developers : Pissed Off

Jun 20, 2006, 8:53pm
A remarkeable good decision!!!

[View Quote]

Windows 98 / Me no longer supported

Jul 16, 2006, 11:08pm
I installed W98se fine on my modern machines :-) And they significantly
crash less than my xp installations - only the W2003 computer is
superior to it and a rock solid system, comes even close to my Linux
machines. :-)
It simply depends what you need a computer for, sometimes you might want
an XP system, sometimes W2003 or Linux, and in some cases even W98se.

1  ...  7  8  9  10  |