j b e l l // User Search

1  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  24  |

AW GUI Idea

Jul 25, 2001, 7:30pm
i never go to tech talk.. whenever i talk to rick he seems to listen to me.. in fact.. there's gonna be a new AW world, AWDebate..
so we can debate stuff there.. i might even be able to talk him into showing up to one of them :-)

[View Quote]

AW GUI Idea

Jul 30, 2001, 9:53pm
it'll open.. give it another week or so.. and you shall see..

[View Quote]

AW GUI Idea

Aug 4, 2001, 2:33am
but what about AW? nothing ever goes on there.. same with AWGate. Yellow & Mars appear higher up on the world list often times and
they don't have events either.. But it is true that events make the world grow imensely, look at AWTeen, I can't stand the design,
nor a lot of the people who go there, or even how it is run for that matter, but because they always have events I even find myself
looking around every once in a while..

[View Quote]

AW GUI Idea

Aug 4, 2001, 2:34am
*rolls eyes*
I didn't steal your idea.. i had totally forgotten about that, and to think that any world that has any idea that you once had means
that they stole your idea is absurd..

[View Quote]

Are we rewriting or not??

Jul 20, 2001, 7:56pm
Here's another thing.. we whine about AWC not listening to us, yet Facter is listening to our every word.. hmm..

[View Quote]

Are we rewriting or not??

Jul 20, 2001, 7:57pm
you have to keep in mind that what you might consider irrelivent, another might consider breaking news, where will you draw the
line? who's "oppinion" will decide which is ok?

[View Quote]

sure aw beta

Jul 21, 2001, 6:23pm
you've been in AW for four years, and yet your cit# is 320767?

[View Quote]

New Objects ! Alpha World must enlarge it object path !

Jul 22, 2001, 6:34am
actually aw is finishing up another object set in AWBuild, but the debate still continues on how to use them

[View Quote]

New Objects ! Alpha World must enlarge it object path !

Jul 23, 2001, 5:16am
oh.. did they decide what to do with them now?

[View Quote]

New Objects ! Alpha World must enlarge it object path !

Jul 25, 2001, 7:33pm
i hate netscape.. it reminds too much of yahoo.. and i can't stand yahoo..

[View Quote]

Pollen

Jul 30, 2001, 9:57pm
<applauds>

[View Quote]

New Activeworlds Webring

------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01C11516.F77FDBA0

nope.. yahoo bought webring.. so now they are all yahoo webrings.. just =
like how yahoo bought e-groups.. and a whole lot of other companies.. =
i've always hated yahoo.. and now i hate them even more for taking good =
services and making them crap!

[View Quote] 2) What if one doesn't wish to 'join' Yahoo... Seems you have to be a =
member of Yahoo to get any further... Is there a way to go right to the =
AW Ring without having to 'bend over' for Yahoo... :-) (I get enuf' crap =
from Sites without adding Yahoo to the list... Don't kid yourself... I =
give it 2 days before you start getting Adverts from the Yahoo =
Servers...)=20

Inquiring minds wish to know...=20

[View Quote] There were alot of problems with the old webring and the transition =
to the=20
new yahoo site, so we created a new one on there, this is now the =
official=20
webring.=20
Anyone wishing to join can do so at=20

http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=3Dactiveworlds=20

--=20
Fletcher Anderson=20
Active Worlds Support=20
Activeworlds.com=20
support at activeworlds.com

--=20
Tyrell - Alpha Prime - 21.8s 457e 90 - "Mundus vult decipi"=20
"Eat well, stay fit, die anyway."=20
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/ty1/index.html=20
http://www.dlcwest.com/~rpatter/index.html=20
ICQ UN - 272905=20
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01C11516.F77FDBA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>nope.. yahoo bought webring.. so now =
they are all=20
yahoo webrings.. just like how yahoo bought e-groups.. and a whole lot =
of other=20
companies.. i've always hated yahoo.. and now i hate them even more for =
taking=20
good services and making them crap!</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"tyrell" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca">tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3B5F14F4.B8018B2C at sk.sympatico.ca">news:3B5F14F4.B8018B2C at sk=
..sympatico.ca</A>...</DIV>Hmmm...=20
Two questions...=20
<P>1) What happens to URLs aimed at the old WebRing. Are they (will =
they be)=20
still valid? Can one still use the old Ring etc...?=20
<P>2) What if one doesn't wish to 'join' Yahoo... Seems you have to be =
a=20
member of Yahoo to get any further... Is there a way to go right to =
the AW=20
Ring without having to 'bend over' for Yahoo... :-) (I get enuf' crap =
from=20
Sites without adding Yahoo to the list... Don't kid yourself... I give =
it 2=20
days before you start getting Adverts from the Yahoo Servers...)=20
<P>Inquiring minds wish to know...=20
[View Quote] <P>-- <BR>Fletcher Anderson <BR>Active Worlds Support =
<BR>Activeworlds.com=20
<BR>support at activeworlds.com</P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>-- <BR>Tyrell - Alpha Prime - 21.8s 457e 90 - "Mundus vult decipi" =
<BR>"Eat=20
well, stay fit, die anyway." <BR><A=20
=
href=3D"http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/ty1/index.html">http://www3.sk.sympat=
ico.ca/ty1/index.html</A>=20
<BR><A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.dlcwest.com/~rpatter/index.html">http://www.dlcwest.co=
m/~rpatter/index.html</A>=20
<BR>ICQ UN - 272905 <BR>All those who believe in psychokinesis raise =
my hand.=20
<BR>&nbsp; </P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01C11516.F77FDBA0--

Object modelers needed for project

Jul 30, 2001, 10:06pm
I thought he was being considerate in trying to help you better your impression among the newsgroup reading citizens.. *shrugs*

[View Quote]

Some good news =)

Jul 30, 2001, 10:09pm
A Registry tells the server the dimensions of an object, so that they can not overlap the objects of another person, therefor puting
an end to encrouching and vandalizing on covered land.

[View Quote]

AlphaWorld Property Search released

Jul 30, 2001, 10:20pm
oh dear god.. not again..

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 1, 2001, 5:02am
actually it's not kah.. i agree with it completely..

...like everything else this industry lives off of "don't like it, go somewhere else" which is the basis of all competition.. it is a
VERY valid statement, and I agree with it. If you don't like it, leave it. ..But you don't leave it.. so you must like it :-)

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 1, 2001, 5:03am
That is so one-sided.

This is the exact proclimation I have been making with regards to AW "not listening"

How do you know that they don't listen? Simply because they don't respond? BAH! You people make me sick, some times..

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 1, 2001, 5:05am
<applauds>

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 1, 2001, 5:07am
Yes, I remember that sign way back when.. You could go to Meta and see it.. and occasionally E N Z O, If I remember correctly there
was a night he'd spend there, and we'de make an event of it, that was wonderful *sigh* now it seems he's too busy, but we have the
memory, we have the sign.. :-)

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 1, 2001, 4:19pm
don't e-mail support.. that was your first mistake.. add facter and flagg to your CL and just tgram bomb them when they get online
:-)

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 2, 2001, 6:04pm
lol.. ouch.. i had that coming, huh..
well.. generaly they listen.. but i don't know if you can count support, they've always been kinda seperate from the company, in
most cases, anyhow.

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 10, 2001, 8:22pm
*sighs* maybe they'll listen when you say it..

The main point, I feel, is about you being flamed for your comments, I remember telling people time and time again that very reason
is why you don't "actively participate" they beg and beg for something, don't get it then feel it is a plot agains them, or
something, then when you do implement it they find something wrong with it, or another reason to go off. They lack the
understanding that they don't care what they have or get or want, they have a pre-conception that you and others are not listening
to them or trying to work with them, therefor no matter how hard you try they will twist it around to where it seems so. I believe
that your recent posting here has been an extreme novelty, I am honored to come in and see you posting replies to our NG articles
(even though you still have not sent a reply to my e-mail). The community, I think, truly now knows that you do listen to what we
say, however if you pay attention you will still be flamed, still be insulted, times change, but people don't. Rather then be
discouraged by these events and go back into hiding I believe that when a person flames you that you should RESPETFULLY & HONESTLY
respond to their accusations, perhaps then the people who were harrassing might understand that you really do listen to what they
have to say, and the only reason you aren't all for everything we do is because your un a business. There are things you can and
can not do if you own a business, and side with the people on every topic is one you can not. It is not possible, will give the
apperance that you are two faced and eventually people will come up with the idea that it is just a "publicity stunt to feed your
own greed" becuase that is what our society has gotten used to believing. From a business stand point there are defineteley things
which can and can not LOGICALY be done, I believe that you do a very good job at easing people as you inform them what these things
may be. I think you posting to the NGs is a great addition, and will help both you and the community understand eachothers vantage
points. Kudos, E N Z O, and good luck!

[View Quote]

IE 5.5 and teleport links

Aug 2, 2001, 6:07pm
You need to configure it, There's an AW page with info on how to, can't remember the URL, tgram me in AW if you won't me to walk you
through it..

[View Quote]

[CU] First Citizen Union Meeting

Aug 5, 2001, 9:48pm
Goober - with my plans for AWDebate, I would be happy to work with CU in reaching our goals, let me know if there is anything myself
or anyone involved with the AWDebate project can do for you.

[View Quote]

test

Aug 5, 2001, 2:04am
not to mention that this thread is over 18 months old..

[View Quote]

test

Aug 5, 2001, 9:48pm
maybe you should have thought of that before you made yourself look stupid..

good try though.. you went through all the effort of taking the screen shot, and risked flaming from posting an attachment.. just to
try and make me look dumb.. and that didn't even work.. though I am honored you spent so much time on me, thanks lane.

[View Quote]

test

Aug 6, 2001, 6:23am
but weather the open it or not, most newsreaders still DL them..

[View Quote]

test

Aug 6, 2001, 4:59pm
why should everyone get a diff news reader so you can post attachments? How fair is that?

[View Quote]

first "citizen union" objective: telegram muting!

Aug 5, 2001, 9:48pm
I too agree.. maybe also a feature where you can "ghost" from certain people, so that they don't see you online on their contact
list would also be desireable, although a later priority, i'm sure.

[View Quote]

first "citizen union" objective: telegram muting!

Aug 6, 2001, 6:24am
oh god.. tell me about it.. and then one person does it and it starts an epidemic.. i got three of them the other day..

[View Quote]

1  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  24  |