j b e l l // User Search

1  ...  21  22  23  24  |

NewAW Flyover!

Nov 22, 2002, 5:07pm
You forgot the font tags. ;-)

[View Quote] There would of course be the header information, such as:

From: "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus at techie.com>

Subject: Re: NewAW Flyover!

Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 8:35 PM

and in addition to that, a plain text post would contain the following
single line of text...

test

and that's it.

Alternatively, a very efficiently written HTML post would add a minimum of
the following...

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Re_NewAW Flyover!</TITLE>

</HEAD>

<BODY>test</BODY>

</HTML>

....but of course the same test post in HTML is actually more likely to
contain something like...

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1">

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE></STYLE>

</HEAD>

<BODY>

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>test</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

Now, if that looks a little harder to read than just the word "test" you're
not alone in that feeling. HTML is a markup language, intended for formated
text. Even when you don't do any formating, the language still has to
describe such things as where the body of the text begins and ends.

I don't know if that helps at all, and I can only hope that it will display
right.

Many HTML posts that say very little are actually much more complex than
that, and in fact this post is probably a disaster because HTML has to use
special encodings for certain characters such as the "<" and ">" characters
used to mark the start and end of a single tag like the <p> tag used to
denote the beginning of a paragraph, or the <b> and </b> tags used to define
the beginning and end of bold text. These are very efficient tags that you
might expect to see in hand written HTML code. When a program writes the
HTML for you to make it easier to compose HTML documents, you can almost
count on the tags being much more complex, such as in the case of the font
tag in the last example.

TechnoZeus

NewAW Flyover!

Nov 24, 2002, 12:46am
Excuse me!

[View Quote]

Customs Aide Bot

Nov 22, 2002, 5:10pm
That's what I use it for in AWDebate. :-)

-JB

[View Quote]

Two New Games Available!

Nov 22, 2002, 5:12pm
I was always the king at Y2000 world Name that tune cuz I'de just leave the
downloading box open, lol

-JB

[View Quote]

Two New Games Available!

Nov 22, 2002, 5:12pm
...it's just a game....

[View Quote]

Newbie Guide to the Newsgroups (4th Edition)

Nov 29, 2002, 9:45pm
Ya know.. I'm an American..

...and I couldn't agree more..

[View Quote]

CHECK THIS OUT

Dec 12, 2002, 8:48pm
......i think it's supposed to be a blonde joke..........?

[View Quote]

Second Life? What happened to the First one?

Dec 12, 2002, 8:56pm
Not only that.. but there PR guy made a little premature of a press
release.... Q3 of 2003... that's quite a while to start building hype about
that..

I can almost guaranty that Second Life will have that same "wanna cyb0r" &
"you suxor" style chat that near every other chat room on the internet
contains of, luckily for AW there is a much stronger community base and
interaction with the "powers that be" and chat moderation to prevent
obscenity and vandalism that AW bestows. When this "Second life" is
released I will most certainly get it and try it out, but only to find every
little detail that could posibly deserve criticizing - after all, that's
what I do best. :-)

-JB

[View Quote]

[AWNews] Back in Business!

Jan 27, 2003, 6:43am
well.. i'm certainly confused...

[View Quote]

I'm ever so sorry.. please don't send me to the firey pits of hell.. I said I was sorry!

Jan 27, 2003, 6:53am
I'm sorry I never keep up with the newsgroups..

I'm sorry i'm 3 days behind on following the trend...

and I'm also sorry that i'll probably never read anything you reply to
this...

I'm sorry that I don't care..

I'm sorry this letter is from me, J B E L L.

Help Wanted

Jan 30, 2003, 7:15am
:-)

That's what I do best, lol (you should see who *I* hang out with, lol)

[View Quote]

citizenship prices

Apr 13, 2003, 11:45pm
That's assuming our shotty PS2's last longer then a year ;-) mine no longer
reads blue disks, and i hardly even play the silly thing...

-J B e l l

[View Quote]

What ever happened to Alphaworld features vote?

Apr 16, 2003, 9:03am
That sort of became obsoulte when they decided to create a NewAW rather then
revamp the old...

[View Quote]

What ever happened to Alphaworld features vote?

Apr 22, 2003, 5:51pm
I don't remember calling it a replacement....

[View Quote]

To All Things... An Ending

Aug 24, 2003, 6:31pm
i know this is a bit late of a response, but good job GK

I abandoned my posts as well (other then AWDebate, but i just go there to
chat now, heh, the bot pretty much does the rest of the work for me)

and aside from realizing how terribly coordinated a lot of the organizations
are, and how harassing some of the cits can be, and how they like to team up
on people, where within their group harassment is alllowed, but outside of
their group, they all freak out on people for rebutle. but anyway - AW is a
lot more enjoyable when it's on your own time and not someone elses.

[View Quote]

1  ...  21  22  23  24  |