j b e l l // User Search

1  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  |

About Alpha

Feb 26, 2002, 5:22am
what the hell...

[View Quote]

What's wrong with you?

Feb 26, 2002, 5:22am
you must not have been around long..

[View Quote]

What's wrong with you?

Feb 26, 2002, 5:22am
you play games where you and your friend's correct eachother's SPELLING? ..a
product of the industrial age, i see..

[View Quote]

What's wrong with you?

Feb 28, 2002, 4:54am
...gee, perhaps, if i recal..

*yawn*

my dog can beat up your dog!

[View Quote]

Law In "RL" vs Law In Computers

Feb 26, 2002, 5:22am
do you even understand that quote? ..hmm...

[View Quote]

Law In "RL" vs Law In Computers

Feb 26, 2002, 5:22am
People should be free to have their own customs and ways, and we're real
jerks if we don't try to respect that.

read that sentance, see the hipocricy (assuming jerks is a negative
stareotype, keyword, negative)? ..think about it..

if a jerk is one who is negative, one who is not supported, then you are
stating one who does Not respect other's customs and ways is a negative
person, is wrong.. in saying that you are being hipicrital of yourself.. but
saying they are wrong for not respecting customs, is in itself, not
respecting customs..

hmm.. when you look at life and the thought process of the human mind, don't
exclude yourself.
Even though you may feel smarter for certain realizations, keep in mind that
between the lines, "the satanist is the same as the christian."

Law In "RL" vs Law In Computers

Feb 26, 2002, 5:22am
ya know.. after reading parts of this in the reply, i have became interested
in it and will go over the article, attempting to clrfy afof thfuzzy points,
maybe give a bit of enlightenement to your theories..
-
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." --Hassan I Sabbah.
-
...the other info you had here was just one mans interpertation of the above
quote.. a very broad quote, at that, i read it to state that simply because
nothing can be fully proven, it can not be slated as truth.. because nothing
can be slated as truth, nothing can be fully proven. ..does that make sense?
read between the lines..
-

Well, it's all the same. Law is law.
-
yes, obviously..
-

I am not a law student. In fact, I am not the smartest man you'll ever meet.
Nope.
-
modesty.. i can see right through you.. you think we're all CrAzY! .. i
can't blame you..
-

Lemme see... law.... laws are....

Laws exist to the degree that they can be enforced. If it can't be enforced,
it's not a law.
-
ok.. and..
-

Morality primarily deals with various flavors of the
essential Golden Rule. Morality really has no interest in victimless crimes,
but law loves that kind of stuff.
-
Morality and the golden rule.. hmm.. morality primarily deals in what we saw
when we were raised, i.e. a white child in the south so many years ago sees
no falsehood in the "morality" of slavery.. a christian brought up in a
christian home sees no morality outside of their beliefs..
The golden rule is a way we rationalize lies
Victim is to transversal of a word, the grass is a victim of the lawn mower,
and the lawn mower is the victim of the sticks in the yard.. we're all
victims, we're all victimizers.. it's a tool for manipulation and sympothy
-

In RL, I can easily stick a toothpick into a sleeping person's eye. It's
pretty easy. But not only is it illegal, it's just plain wrong. I have
absolutely no desire to do such a thing, and I bet few people do.
-
I'de hope not.. but what if someone was raised that poking a sleeping person
in the eye with a toothpick was a sign of upmost respect.. then would it be
wrong? would it be illegal? ..would it still seem "so insane" .. it's all
with how you were reaised and experienced certain things..
-

In software, on the other hand, the only things that are truly illegal are
those things that are truly impossible. If you don't want me to copy the CD
your music company pressed, you have to make it technically impossible for
me to make a perfect copy. Sorry, you have to. Not only that, your customers
may want to pay a little less for a copy-protected CD. Sorry.
-
it's not the perfect copy of the CD that's in question, it's what's on the
cd.. the words, the sounds that it produces.. those are copyrighted and can
not be copied, er "stolen" ..they shouldn't have to make it technologically
impossible for you to break a law, to get you to follow it.. that is an
oxymoron.. if there was no way to copy it, there wouldn't be a law and there
wouldn't be a problem, therefor if they did make it impossible to copy, then
they wouldn't need to, because their wouldn't be a problem, because their
wouldn't be a law (does that make sense? again, read between the lines..
don't focus on the words, but the words behind them)
-

In the world of software, not only is it absurd, it is rude to tell people
that they should not do something that obviously, implicitly, they can
easily do if they want to. User interfaces are not supposed to grant people
power to do things that they are not supposed to do.
-
is it rude to tell a "drug dealer" not to sell drugs, that's somethign they
can easily do if they want, and they make lots of profit.. it's convenient,
and profitable.. yet it's not rude to send a drug dealer to jail.. sure they
are on two different planes, but they are the exact same situation..
-

A great example of this is when I visit someone's world in AW... I try out
some avatars and immediately someone snaps "Av Check". Or worse, someone
snaps "That's a restricted avatar.".

No, IT'S NOT!!!! If I can select it, IT'S NOT RESTRICTED.
-
i can steal a cop car. i can get the keys, start the ignition, and drive it
away.. yet it's illegal, or as you like to put it, restricted..
-

This is not a moral debate, it's a matter of designing appropriate user
interfaces. It is the software architect's responsibility to guide the user
experience into polite, pleasant, and moral pathways. No one should ever be
surprised or angered by what another person does with their software. If
they are not happy with how it is used, they should change the software, not
the users.
-
it's a debate on interpertation..
the only reason that there is a debate on it.. is that there is a debate on
it.. it's feeding off of itself because we are too distracted by the words
to see.. the words..
-

Law In "RL" vs Law In Computers

Feb 28, 2002, 4:54am
according to your hiroshi, yup

[View Quote]

First Ever E N Z O Talk (Replaced Friday tech talk)

Jun 17, 2002, 12:12am
wasn't the first ever.. he used to meet with everyone weekly in metropolis..

Smile, E N Z O Loves You.

[View Quote]

AWDebate Now open to TOURISTS!

Oct 7, 2002, 4:34pm
AWDebate
-The AW World welcomeing public debate and argument
Is now open for TOURIST access!

This action has been made for an upcoming event in the world, however it
will remain open to tourists from now on!

-Thanks
J B E L L

AWDebate Now open to TOURISTS!

Oct 10, 2002, 3:08am
sheesh.. didn't mean to start up a fiasco.. but hey.. that's what it's for!

In the events AWDebate has held, we have had over 100 visitors to the world
simultaneously.

Lack of visitation during non-event periods is not the fault of mine, or of
the world, but of the citizens of AW itself, to whom the world is designed.

I saw people get kicked and turned away from worlds countless times for
their debating of topics, so I designed a world where one could go to
openly debate whatever topic they may, or if you ask nicely I could let you
use for an event that your current world is not large enough to handle, or
that you have no world for at all.

I did my part, I supplied the world, supplied the service, it is not up to
me weather or not others take advantage of the service at hand, or not.

As far as an upcoming event: You may notice that for the past couple of days
the world has been Red, closed, yes, there is an upcoming event taking place
in the world, the date is unspecified, and the event can not be disclosed.
Although this is NOT a debate related event, it is an example of how the
world can be used by it's citizens for their things.

I am definetley pro community, I am more then happy to work with people and
help the community grow. I design a world for discussion, I allow people to
use the world freely for their own reasons if the user limit or accesibility
is restraining them from having it elsewhere.

You can insult the world, insult me, deface the value of such a place,
whatever, however this is not a concern of mine, rather a concern of your
own and other citizens.

If you say "oh gee.. yeah right.. like how many people have been THERE" I
don't really care.. it is not my job to push people into it. I'm not going
to force a person to regular a place they do not enjoy. It is up to the
citizens to utilize the services they are brought, if that means that they
wish to complain about it. Fine. A chain is only as strong as the weakest
link, and I did my part. It is up to the other citizens to do there's.
Sitting around and complaining does nothing but get you ignored and
desensitize the majority from your ongoing rambling. Actions speak louder
then words. As I have said, I went out of my way to get this project
started, and moving along. Weather or not a person chooses to utilize it is
up to their own choice, however at least the option is there.

- J B E L L

[View Quote]

AWDebate Now open to TOURISTS!

Oct 10, 2002, 8:31am
holy crap andras.. you some kind of stalker? lol

[View Quote]

New Browser

Oct 15, 2002, 9:40am
odd how the rumor mill isn't flying this close to the browser's release?
(that could be a hint.. ;-) guess you'll find out when you log on aw and see
that there is a new version available)

[View Quote]

New Browser

Oct 16, 2002, 8:31am
*Raises eyebrows* we'll only know with time.. ;-)

[View Quote]

Playing THE GAME pays off!

Oct 15, 2002, 9:41am
hmm... didn't think that was legal.. don't you have to be 18? (good try
"game master")

[View Quote]

Concerning The Game

Oct 17, 2002, 1:52am
I agree, you have the right to "inform" us if you would like

However: keep in mind that information, spam, and marketing (though
generally combined) are NOT the same thing.. I believe it's fine to
advertise your world or service here.. but do it more then once and it's
just stupid - if people want to go; they will. Readers of the newsgroup
know about it and will visit at their leasure, all your repititous
advertising does is discourage and annoy us, not convince us "oh, well, this
guy has posted a lot of ads, maybe it is worth visiting" that is a very rare
response to any sort of advertising..

[View Quote]

Concerning The Game

Oct 17, 2002, 1:56am
domain name =/= well established company.. i've had several..

if this guy wanted us to believe it was a real company he'd go to the office
of the sec. of state and register it.. such as I did with AWJBell services
when it was still in existance..

...it doesn't hurt to keep things legal :-)

[View Quote]

Concerning The Game

Oct 18, 2002, 12:25am
Keep in mind this thread originated because he was spamming the NG - not to
discuss the legalities of the business - keep that in mind before praising
him..

[View Quote]

Concerning The Game

Oct 18, 2002, 3:36pm
why read the whole thing, when i could just get read half of it and then
make some smart-ass remark? sorry, I wasn't aware people thought about
others messages in this NG.. i'll try harder to think next time.. though
trying harder doesn't necessarily mean thinking harder, hehe.. that's what
school is for.. not AW *weg* don't mind me.. it's the morning..

[View Quote]

Concerning The Game

Oct 18, 2002, 3:38pm
Seems to me this thread has gone on so long we've forgotten what we were
arguing about and just started arguing... *takes a deep breathe* man, i love
you guys.. hehe.. don't know what I would do without being able to get some
of my whining/b****ing out here (can I say that without the *? has it really
been that long that I could have forgotten without having some sort of
mental illness? uh-oh.. i'm not nuts am I? please tell me i'm not nuts..
please.. oh god.. i am nuts, aren't I.. well.. at least i'm still american
enough to use my highly-practiced skill of rationilzation - an innate human
ability)

[View Quote]

Concerning The Game

Oct 18, 2002, 3:39pm
*jumps in back the padded truck* are we going on a road trip? ..this sure is
a wierd coat.. not even very warm.. i'de take it back to the store, the
design is all wierd, I can barely move, and it doesn't keep the cold or
water out.. hrmph.. fashion designers these days..

[View Quote]

Concerning The Game

Oct 20, 2002, 1:29am
...that's subjective.. barely conscious < 5pm

[View Quote]

Concerning The Game

Oct 24, 2002, 7:07am
*vomit*

sorry.. i can't send an e-mail to your company...

aol 0wnz me..

(they do.. they won my soul in a law suit against me back in 97.. some sort
of fraud or something... doesn't matter)
[View Quote]

Re: Identifying what worlds allow Tourists

Oct 23, 2002, 4:36am
...there are php-created world lists on websites with which worlds allow
tourists..

[View Quote]

Re: Identifying what worlds allow Tourists

Oct 24, 2002, 7:10am
your site is my fav, binary bud.. i link to it at the gate most often :-)

and do you realize, wanderer, how many times tourists ask for the list and
it is given? not few at all.. a lot of tourists know about these world user
lists..

[View Quote]

Re: Identifying what worlds allow Tourists

Oct 25, 2002, 3:19am
because I don't work for AW, and niether do you.. so we do what we can.. not
complain about what we can't..

[View Quote]

Shame on the Cy Core/Committee...

Nov 2, 2002, 8:42am
<flame>

My God People! This is a Message Board Not a Chat Room! What The Hell is
With This Bleeding Off-Topic Thread! Freakin A! Take A Step Outside Once In
A While!
</flame>

-Your Favorite Troll

[View Quote]

GET

Nov 2, 2002, 8:43am
this and then 5 posts later a thread about how AWTeen people are tired of
being called immature..

-Your Favorite Troll.

[View Quote]

Tourist on Alpha Prime

Nov 2, 2002, 8:44am
Force them into? It was one of the lowest voted on the vote to see what the
Users want on the next version of the browers.

- Your Favorite Troll

[View Quote]

Donator?

Nov 2, 2002, 8:37am
What?
"Give me your world, well, don't give it, it will still be yours, because
you know the world password, oh, and I might not actually use it.. so what
do you say? can I have it?"

Didn't you used to own Utopia or something?

...my how times change..

-Your favorite troll.

"absolute monarch" <Absolutemonarch at sapphireestates.cjb.net> wrote in
message news:3dbd1ed5 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Dear all,
> I am hoping some generous person out there will be able to
help
> me out with this request. I'm looking for someone who can allow me CT in a
> world, and allow me to do whatever I please in it..sorta giving to me..but
> not. And be able to add another CT for me when necessary. But I may not be
> using this for a while, not until G.E.T helps me out anywayz. So please
> don't be suprised if it's empty for a while.
>

> --
>
> Thankyou for your attention.
>
> Your's Faithfully,
> Absolute Monarch
> A.K.A The Evil Chaotic Lord of the Dead and Demons
> 338508
> Mayor of Sapphire Estates - AW 18000s 16000w
> Post in our Newsgroup:
> Alumnus of Hell, Fields of Demonolotry and
> Demonology

1  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  |