ananas // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  57  |

VB INI Functions "Compile Error: Type Mismatch"

Dec 29, 2001, 3:20pm
You could (should) change the declaration and
declare them all as string. The kernel function
takes 4 strings (all byval) :

LPCTSTR = constant and zero terminated character pointers

I have no idea what "Any" is (I'm not familiar with VB)
but it somehow looks not right there. The called function
is not an interpreter function but a compiled C function.
C functions will not check the actual type of the VB
variable but expect to be called with the correct type.

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

VB INI Functions "Compile Error: Type Mismatch"

Dec 29, 2001, 3:28pm
one more hint :

The kernel function returns a BOOL, that is an integer.
It is 0 (false) when the function failed.

I don't know if it makes any difference for the VB, but
if you try to find an error it might be helpful to see
if the function itself succeeded.

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

VB Tutorials

Jan 1, 2002, 6:39pm
Things like that happen

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Help getting started

Jan 11, 2002, 8:50pm
The portability of Java does not help in the AW environment,
because the AW libraries have not been ported. Coming from C
it is really easy to do C++, once you know how OO people design,
you can use C++ and plain C where either of them has its strengths.

Borland, M$ (or the free Watcom http://www.openwatcom.org) :

Watcom is the best compiler, but the IDE is not good. If you are
an editor person and no mouse clicker, this is the best choice,
but windows GUI developement is not really fun with Watcom.

M$ is quite bloatet, but comes with interfaces to all kinds of
stuff (including crap) that can be used in windows. Design of a
windows GUI is way easier than with Watcom, but for everything
else I prefer Watcom.

I don't know BC++ so I cannot say much about it. I know that people
write efficient programs with it and it's cheaper than M$.

Going from C++ to Java is not a big act, just in case you need it
somewhen later.

Another option is Delphi, some make bots with that.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

ocx and lib

Jan 28, 2002, 11:27pm
The OCX will be necessary and I think it's necessary to
register it, either with regsrv32.exe or as described
here => http://www.vbworld.com/activex/tip50.html

The OCX overlays the AW functions, like a wrapper. It
supplies the VB application with a special calling interface
and informations about parameters and return value types
of the functions that the OCX exports.

The LIB itself will _not_ be necessary in your distribution.
LIB has a (static) link-level interface, whereas the OCX has
a modified dynamic linking interface. The LIB can only be
used in compiler languages.
An OCX can use a DLL or already contain the LIB, depending
on the way the developer of the OCX designed it. Refer to
the OCX documentation, that should tell you if the AW.DLL
is needed or if the basic AW functions are linked static.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

ocx and lib

Jan 29, 2002, 3:33am
That is complete nonsense

1. a LIB can ONLY be used to compile it into a program
so you never need it outside

2. an OCX (and DLL) can not be compiled into a program
at all, so you always need it outside

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

ocx and lib

Jan 29, 2002, 9:56pm
I am very sure that even M$ got that.

A LIB has no header that allows dynamic loading, it has
a lot of relocation informations and external references
to other library functions in it. Even if you would
load it into memory, you could not do anything with it,
because the references cannot be resolved on runtime,
because the symbols of the referenced entities are not
available to the operating system.

An OCX has a loader like an EXE file (MZ...) (or a DLL)
that allows to load it as a module. It is a fully compiled
program with no external references except for DLLs or
other OCXs and provides a list of special entries with
informations about the exported functions that can be
called from outside.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

We are moving our servers!!

Mar 20, 2002, 4:30am
Is that important, as long as the lines are good ?

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

encryption

Apr 5, 2002, 6:48pm
Problem today is, that you rarely find source that deals
with the problem you want to solve. Most source deals with
windows and GUI, and for a newbie it isn't easy to filter
the 10% of the code, that really does something useful.

[View Quote]

Re: bot classes

May 21, 2002, 4:11pm
if it's C it has no classes

[View Quote]

Xealgot FTP Transfering

Feb 16, 2001, 6:56pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------5FCAEF975A275BD16480E770

I'm not familiar with your bots scripting language but I bet it can
write out text to a file.

Asking the command line FTP for help reveals that it can use response
files - that is it can be operated without user interaction and read its
commands from a file.

Putting both together should be a way to transfer files.

xelag schrieb:

> Xelagots don't have the FTP protocol, so the answer is no :)

[View Quote] begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------5FCAEF975A275BD16480E770--

something strange about the SDK

Jun 4, 2002, 4:13pm
I haven't used the new SDK yet, but I'm curious :

1. the Aw_static.lib seems to reference WS2_32.dll
(guess : WS stands for wsock?)

2. in aw.h I see :

/* attributes below are not used by the SDK */

AW_CONTACT_NUMBER, ...

but in Aw_static.lib I find _handle_contact_state

Maybe undocumented features, entry points or callback
functions, stuff that isn't in the DLL?

Reading Cache IDX / DAT's

Jun 14, 2002, 6:15pm
As far as I know, Andras uses the original C-Tree libraries,
but http://www.faircom.com/sales/pricing2.shtml ...

This code accesses the telegram.dat through telegram.idx,
maybe this helps. It is my telegram to text converter.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <memory.h>

#pragma pack (1)

typedef struct
{
unsigned long Follow;
long Dummy;
short Anz;
char Dummy1[7];
} BlockHead;

typedef struct
{
unsigned char IsRead;
unsigned long Offset;
time_t Timestamp;
unsigned long Receiver;
char Sender[17];
} IdxEntry;

typedef struct
{
unsigned short fafa;
unsigned long Len;
unsigned long Len1;
unsigned char Dummy;
} DatEntry;

main ()
{
FILE *idx, *dat, *txt;
IdxEntry sIdx;
DatEntry sDat;
BlockHead sBlock;
char Buffer[512];
unsigned long Count=0L, BlockStart=0x0200;
struct tm sGMT;
short i;

if (!(idx = fopen ("telegram.idx", "rb")))
{
fputs ("Hey, where's telegram.idx ???", stderr);
exit(-1);
}
if (!(dat = fopen ("telegram.dat", "rb")))
{
fputs ("Hey, where's telegram.dat ???", stderr);
exit(-1);
}
if (!(txt = fopen ("telegram.txt", "wt")))
{
fputs ("ARGH, couldn't create telegram.txt !", stderr);
exit(-1);
}

while ((BlockStart>0) && ! fseek (idx, BlockStart, SEEK_SET) )
{
if (!fread (&sBlock, 1, sizeof (sBlock), idx))
break;
for (i=0; i<sBlock.Anz; i++)
{
memset (&sIdx, 0, sizeof (sIdx));
memset (&sDat, 0, sizeof (sDat));
memset (Buffer, 0, sizeof (Buffer));

fread (&sIdx, 1, sizeof (sIdx)-1, idx);

Count ++;
sIdx.Sender[16]='\0';

_gmtime (&sIdx.Timestamp, &sGMT);

fprintf (txt, "%04d-%02d-%02d\t%2d:%02d:%02d\t"
, sGMT.tm_year+1900, sGMT.tm_mon+1, sGMT.tm_mday
, sGMT.tm_hour, sGMT.tm_min, sGMT.tm_sec);
fprintf (txt, "%-16s\t%ld\n", sIdx.Sender, sIdx.Receiver);

fseek (dat, sIdx.Offset, SEEK_SET);
fread (&sDat, 1, sizeof (sDat), dat);
fread (Buffer, min (sizeof (Buffer), sDat.Len1-1), 1, dat);
fprintf (txt, "%s\n\n", Buffer);
}
BlockStart = sBlock.Follow;
}
fclose (txt);
fclose (dat);
fclose (idx);

printf ("%d telegrams converted\n", Count);
}

[View Quote]

Reading Cache IDX / DAT's

Jun 15, 2002, 4:10am
The structs directly represent the internal file structure
of the IDX/DAT headers and entries. That's why you can
just use one "read" command to fetch the informations at
once instead of reading each variable separate.

btw.: in C++ structs still are useful

[View Quote]

Hi

Jun 15, 2002, 1:57am
Bot object queries sure can be saved to a file and be reloaded,
all bots with building capabilities do that. Format is usually
the propdump format that Mauz (http://mauz.info) describes on
her worldbuilders page.

The "sequence numbers", together with the X and Z value of a
query, can be calculated from the location of the object, that
is part of the propdump, so actually the feature is already
implemented, somehow.

[View Quote]

Compilers

Jun 15, 2002, 5:54pm
http://www.openwatcom.org is another option

[View Quote]

Once again..

Feb 21, 2001, 1:31pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------8C2141BC45FB71A659923BCD

Not sure how that is handled in US but here asking people to do
something illegal is illegal too.
Here are 2 legal ways, better you's try them:

http://cui.unige.ch/langlist
http://www.idiom.com/free-compilers/

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------8C2141BC45FB71A659923BCD--

Once again..

Feb 26, 2001, 1:12am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------1903A863CCD4C8108BFBEDB8

I will send you an empty CDRW if you make a house cleaner bot

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------1903A863CCD4C8108BFBEDB8--

Once again..

Feb 26, 2001, 4:38pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------A240D90671C11C4EBB1C8C1B

LOL

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------A240D90671C11C4EBB1C8C1B--

Once again..

Feb 27, 2001, 2:10pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------3F9FC78146E7A0653B5A2FB6

Grrr, that wasn't me!!!

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------3F9FC78146E7A0653B5A2FB6--

Once again..

Feb 27, 2001, 2:31pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------BF4AE73AE2BDA928479A8FC3

Pascal is a much better language for starters, it has very strict rules
and standards (VB, like all Basic-dialects, isn't a standard, not
portable) and you will find Pascal compilers on nearly every machine.
Ok, Turbo Pascal (later Borland Pascal, now Delphi) was not really
Pascal but it was cheap, and someone who learned to do structures
programming with Pascal will write easy-to-read programs in other
languages too.
That doesn't mean that you HAVE to learn a new language after you
learned Pascal/Delphi - they can be used for large projects - but most
projects for companies will require Cobol (I know, hard to believe),
C/C++ or Java, sometimes PL1. The only area where VB might be helpful is
in smaller companies that need VB and VB-Script for MS/Office
enhancements.

I agree, that VB is good for hobbyists - but most good developers start
as hobbyists, so it's good to think ahead.

p.s.: I started with Basic too, but that was a time when no compilers
were available for hobbyists (not for small $$$).

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------BF4AE73AE2BDA928479A8FC3--

Converting a Co-ord String to API Usable

Jul 17, 2002, 7:13pm
I'm not sure what split() in VB does, but C has more
than one function to break a string into parts, for
example strtok() and sscanf().
It could look somehow like this :

char SNString[30], EWString[30], World[30], AString;
sscanf (InputString, "%s %s %s %s", World, SNString, EWString, AString);

A function to get the coord's integer values from the
broken out parts is atoi()
To get the last characters (the direction), I would
use array addressing together with strlen(), e.g.

int SNValue;

SNValue = atoi (SNString);

The atoi() stops at the first non-numeric character, so
there's no need to remove anything.

if ( (SNString[strlen(SNString)-1] | 0x20) == 's')
SNValue = -SNValue;

The "| 0x20" makes the character lowercase, independant
from what the user typed.

Converting a Co-ord String to API Usable

Jul 18, 2002, 2:59am
It's like strtok() then, with a slightly different handling :)

Thx

[View Quote]

Converting a Co-ord String to API Usable

Jul 18, 2002, 3:01am
The advantage of incomplete snippets over a
ready-made solution :

The developer has to deal with the why and the
how and will easier understand what he implements :)

[View Quote]

Converting a Co-ord String to API Usable

Jul 18, 2002, 10:17pm
you just haven't read it *g

[View Quote]

HELP My VB bot won't log on

Jul 27, 2002, 2:34am
have you tried to re-register it (regsvr32) ?

HELP My VB bot won't log on

Jul 27, 2002, 2:52am
Indents are also not a bad invention *g
The source is unreadable.

[View Quote]

[C++ SDK] awsdk1.cpp(171) : error C2065: 'aw_console_messsage' : undeclared identifier

Aug 9, 2002, 5:29am
Sounds much like the wrong version of aw.lib or aw.h.

[View Quote]

[C++ SDK] awsdk1.cpp(171) : error C2065: 'aw_console_messsage' : undeclared identifier

Aug 9, 2002, 5:51am
I am sure I had my glasses on when I read it, but ...

[View Quote]

New to C++, how to make it work with an interface?

Aug 10, 2002, 2:45am
If your project is called "xyz" it will create a file
"xyz.h". Edit that and find the line

#include "resource.h"

close to the top.

Behind this line insert your include for aw.h .

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  57  |