ananas // User Search

1  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  57  |

Propdump

Aug 21, 2002, 1:18am
struct entry {
unsigned long owner;
unsigned long timestamp;
int x, y, z; // Placement
short ry, rx, rz; // Rotation
unsigned char mod, des, act; // Lengths
};

FILE *out;
struct entry Entry;
char *pModel, *pDescr, *pAction;

out = fopen ("propdump.txt", "wb");
fprintf (out, "propdump version 3\r\n");

fprintf (out, "%lu %lu %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d ",
Entry.owner, Entry.timestamp,
Entry.x, Entry.y, Entry.z,
Entry.ry, Entry.rx, Entry.rz,
Entry.mod, Entry.des, Entry.act);

fwrite (pModel, 1, Entry.mod, out);
fwrite (pDescr, 1, Entry.des, out);
fwrite (pAction, 1, Entry.act, out);
fwrite ("\r\n", 1, 2, out);

As you don't get the three length elements from AW, you need to get
the length of the 3 strings AW_OBJECT_MODEL, AW_OBJECT_DESCRIPTION
and AW_OBJECT_ACTION (with strlen for example).
The three strings are pointers (if you use strdup/free), but could
as well be char [] like in the aw_string() example (with strcpy).

In all three strings you have to replace all occurances of linefeeds
(0x0d 0x0a) by (0x80 0x7f) - well, in the model name it cannot occur
but who knows. I'm not absolutely sure how the current SDK sends the
linefeeds, so you should verify this information.

[View Quote]

BOT HOST

Mar 5, 2001, 4:05pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------F34B6CFA77B33A32E0197E11

Germans who want to use the Telekom tdsl for hosting, have to calculate
that it has only 128 kbps upstream. It isn't symetric.

nova schrieb:

> Well dsl is available in so many difrent types includeing one type called
> vdsl wich can give you up to 56 megs a sec dls and uploads.
--------------F34B6CFA77B33A32E0197E11

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------F34B6CFA77B33A32E0197E11--

Deleting * from description boxes

Mar 4, 2001, 11:58am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------31605E2148BCF86AB775B529

2 methods you can try (means I never tried them) :

1. use Andras' Bot (I think SyntaxBot) from http://andras.net

2. uses the HamFon builder or other build bots
- Save the area you want to clean out (propdump to olddump.dat)
- use the console command "find" to filter the lines :
find "*"<olddump.dat>newdump.dat
Type it exactly as I typed it, including the quotes
- load this new dump to the buildbot and delete the objects

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------31605E2148BCF86AB775B529--

Deleting * from description boxes

Mar 4, 2001, 1:06pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------9992C9C342F9EB7444CD8595

429 = RC_UNABLE_TO_CONNECT

Maybe the universe data, host and port?
Check your browser INI file (aworld.ini) to find out which settings the
universe requires, both can be left blank for AW - it uses the default
then.

Oh, and the bot requires a line off course, you need to be connected to
the internet ;)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------9992C9C342F9EB7444CD8595--

Deleting * from description boxes

Mar 4, 2001, 1:08pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------85CAD321DCAF91C508B535DF

http://www.activeworlds.com/sdk/reason.htm

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------85CAD321DCAF91C508B535DF--

message to troop2

Mar 5, 2001, 3:59pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------EE2DD192491EFA4154FFD524

As the 3.1 refuses to work in several universes you cannot be too sure
about that.
Several universes seem to wait with the upgrade.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------EE2DD192491EFA4154FFD524--

[VC++] Enum + Other things

Sep 1, 2002, 8:45am
Not a problem of the include of aw.h, as it is a link error.

I guess the problem is that the aw.h file is in the additional
libraries, where aw.lib or awstatic.lib should be instead.

The other one, display the enum, cannot be done from aw.h as
they are not much more than an array of integers (that's why
++ and -- works on enums), but the identifiers are only
processed be the compiler, they disappear later for the same
reason why you cannot display the #define identifiers but only
their values from the running program.

[View Quote] [..] C source snipped, not relevant for this error message

> THIS!!! GAHHHHH!!
>
> Linking...
> aw.h : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> Could someone tell me what that means and how I can nuke the error and get on with my programming? C++ is stressfull enough even when things DO work.
>
> - Mark

[VC++] Enum + Other things

Sep 3, 2002, 4:29pm
I don't think something like an enum exists in VB, I'm not
too familiar with it though. But a control sure could have
the text representation of the error numbers as a list that
can be accessed with a method - just I'm not familiar with
the VB-SDK for AW either :-/

[View Quote]

Well it had to happen sooner or later...

Mar 9, 2001, 11:01pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------778487007A43871ACE40238D

http://www.gnu.org/directory/development.html
http://cui.unige.ch/langlist
http://www.idiom.com/free-compilers

Online books at http://ebooks.cs.biu.ac.il/

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------778487007A43871ACE40238D--

How to determine AW_OBJECT_NUMBER without aw_query?

Oct 3, 2002, 9:04pm
ObjectClick is LMB, for RMB you need to sign up for
AW_EVENT_OBJECT_SELECT

[View Quote]

Build Inspector-like application

Sep 29, 2002, 6:14pm
aw_object_select() might help. I think it sets the position variables.

[View Quote]

Need 3D StudioMax 4.0, 4.2 or 5.0 .Cab files

Oct 19, 2002, 12:19pm
Usually a software company will replace a damaged CD when you send
them the old original one.

[View Quote]

AWSDK MSDN Type thing

Oct 20, 2002, 4:29pm
Mirror the pages?

Teleport, WebSnake, HTTrack, GetBot ...

[View Quote]

Logic Commands

Oct 25, 2002, 2:55am
Would be an interesting trigger.

I guess, implementing it as a command extension would be too much
work and would not fit into the current concept.

[followup to wishlist]

[View Quote]

Just a quickie ...

Nov 2, 2002, 12:08pm
For me the DLL is just fine :)

[View Quote]

N e w B o t s . .

--------------9A7437FE0656FC52A8DA0A82

My english isn't too good - is "leave again" a releave or a relief ?

[View Quote] begin:vcard
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------9A7437FE0656FC52A8DA0A82--

N e w B o t s . .

--------------55CFF4A0317652CC1862C67B

did you ever reply to the reply you replied to?

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------55CFF4A0317652CC1862C67B--

Callbacks in MFC

Dec 6, 2002, 9:54pm
Add them as normal functions, not class members, that's way
easier, e.g. :

void EvCellBegin (void)
{
}

extern void EvCellBegin (void);
aw_event_set (AW_EVENT_CELL_BEGIN, EvCellBegin);

[View Quote]

[C++(.NET)] StringCoords function

Dec 16, 2002, 9:10pm
???

I don't see the attachment

[View Quote]

[C++(.NET)] StringCoords function

Dec 16, 2002, 10:15pm
That was too easy :)

Your buffers are all only 1 byte large (the '\0' that
terminates the "" string)

With sprintf you copy several characters into this location
that can hold only 0 characters (!)

Fix :

make larger buffers from the buffer variables or allocate them large enough.

#define LARGE_ENOUGH 30

so it's either

static char buffer[LARGE_ENOUGH];

or

char *buffer=NULL;

if (! buffer)
buffer = malloc (LARGE_ENOUGH);

Oh, and yaw is never filled

What about this version :

void StringCoords(long X, long Y, long Z, long YAW)
{
char buffer[LARGE_ENOUGH];

/*Divide by 1000 to get the actual coordinates except for YAW when divide by 10*/
dxbuffer = X / 1000;
dybuffer = Y / 1000;
dzbuffer = Z / 1000;
dyawbuffer = X / 10;

sprintf (buffer, "%d%c %d%c %da %d"
, abs(dxbuffer), dxbuffer<0 ? 'e' : 'w'
, abs(dzbuffer), dzbuffer<0 ? 's' : 'n'
, dybuffer, dyawbuffer);

if (sStringCoords)
free (sStringCoords);

sStringCoords = strdup (buffer);
}

with sStringCoords global declared like this :
char* sStringCoords = NULL;

[View Quote]

[C++(.NET)] StringCoords function

Dec 16, 2002, 10:27pm
oops, I didn't see - you use double precision variables for your dxbuffer and so. If you want decimal places, you have to use %lf instead of %d

[C++(.NET)] StringCoords function

Dec 22, 2002, 8:29pm
well, quick typed into the newsreader without having
tested first *g

Thanks :)

[View Quote]

using AW SDK with older VC / VS versions

Dec 25, 2002, 12:57am
I found a way, works fine with VisualStudio 5.0 :)

This fixes

"fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to ..."

Download masm32v7 from http://www.movsd.com/masmdl.htm and
install it

From the masm32\bin directory copy link.exe into your vc\bin
directory (with backup copy of course) and replace the existing
one there.

For those who do not want to download/install this large masm,
I will put the linker alone here for some time :

http://oct31.de/tmp/link_5_12_8078.zip

Compatibility Question

Jan 9, 2003, 6:48pm
Why don't you just try?

[View Quote]

C++ Source code

Jan 10, 2003, 4:42pm
Is it really you who suggested that ???

[View Quote]

C++ Source code

Jan 10, 2003, 5:10pm
Hm, I guess you should tell Equin0x what you started with *g

[View Quote]

Bouncer Bot

--------------3564F0C6E6FC66E8DFE43EAD

At least 2 commands to check occurance :

- strstr() checks the occurance within a string. The returned pointer is
NULL if it isn't there. There is no case insensitive version of strstr()
so you need to upper- or lowercase both strings before you compare.

- strtok() can break a sentence into words that you can check separate
with stricmp() or the CString method CompareNoCase().

The next two are MFC classes and might not exist in other C++ compilers,
I don't have too much experience in ++ yet :

Dynamic arrays are implemented in the MFC class CObArray and the
subclass CStringArray (other subclasses exist too).

Optional you can use the MFC class CStringList - check which one has
better methods for your purpose.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------3564F0C6E6FC66E8DFE43EAD--

Bouncer Bot

--------------3D8F0E0901B47AC3D6F9FA28

Not a problem with the strtok() method, that should be prefered for
larger word lists (better performance)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------3D8F0E0901B47AC3D6F9FA28--

3.4 vb sdk

Feb 8, 2003, 4:20pm
What Andras wrote will fix some crashes, that's for sure.

But why do you identify the people by name at all?
Citizen numbers will not change as often as names and
a comparison of two integers is way faster than a string
comparison orgy - plus you could use switch/case very
comfortable like this :

#define CIT_TheMask 12345 (well, put the correct cit. numbers there ;)
#define CIT_Builderz 12346
(... and some more)
#define CIT_Cadet 13254

void handle_avatar_add (void)
{
int Session;

switch (aw_int (AW_AVATAR_CITIZEN))
{
case CIT_TheMask :
case CIT_Builderz :
(... and some more)
case CIT_Cadet :
Session = aw_int(AW_AVATAR_SESSION);
aw_whisper (Session, "Whisper password to gain rights");
break;
}
}

In handle_chat() you could choose a similar solution. As you would
need the cit. number #defines in several places, it would be helpful
to put them into a header file that you can #include where you need
the definitions.

Optional you could hold all citizen numbers in an integer array
and compare those in a loop, a little slower but easier to add
more citizens.

[View Quote]

3.4 vb sdk

Feb 17, 2003, 4:42pm
.... and 2 optimisation suggestions :

void handle_avatar_add (void)
{
int session;

session = aw_int(AW_AVATAR_SESSION);

switch (aw_int (AW_AVATAR_CITIZEN))
{ // Saves some space to have the constant only once
case CIT_Cameron999:
case CIT_NelXaga:
case CIT_SuperGuy3:
case CIT_TSAAgent1:
case CIT_DSdarkknight:
case CIT_Ssl:
case CIT_Aeo:
case CIT_Reaper:
case CIT_Duo:
aw_whisper (session,"Whisper password to gain rights");
break;
}
}

void handle_chat ()
{
int session;
session = aw_int(AW_CHAT_SESSION);
char *ChatMsg;

ChatMsg = strdup (aw_string(AW_CHAT_MESSAGE));

switch (aw_int (AW_AVATAR_CITIZEN))
{ // shortened and much faster as you have only the one relevant strcmp
case CIT_Cameron999 :
Cameron999 = !strcmp (ChatMsg, "¶La®ge Stinky Gorillas Basking In The Sun¶");
break;
case CIT_NelXaga :
NelXaga = !strcmp (ChatMsg, "¶Nøøb Hater¶");
break;
.... and so on ...

default :
free (ChatMsg);