Xealgot FTP Transfering // Bots

1  |

ueak raptorfox

Feb 13, 2001, 2:14am
Is it possible for a xealgot to say get a file from somewhere and with the
proper FTP info in a script save it somewhere else as a diff name, i
knowthis is prob a dumb question but i was thinkin of makin a bot for midi
trivia and i dont want people hittin F3 and seein what it is =P
(If it cnat in a script, would be a good idea for next xealgot)

--
<sig>
UEAK RaptorFox
Public Relations and VS Manager
United States World Federation (USWF)
raptorfox at uswf-aw.com

"Chriss182: We aint nothin but USWF ganstas..."
</sig>

xelag

Feb 13, 2001, 2:20am
Xelagots don't have the FTP protocol, so the answer is no :)

[View Quote]

lanezeri

Feb 13, 2001, 2:49am
Hey XelaG.. I could help you add that to the bot if you'd like.. depends on
if you want it on it or not :o]

xelag

Feb 13, 2001, 6:25am
Thanks, but not at present. I can add it myself, I have the tools here to do
it, but the bot has a lot in it already, and I'm being carefull now what I
add. I want to release a final (haha, never been one in the 2 years of the
bot), the much expected 3.0 or 3.1 (getting tired of so many 99999s).

you mean stop developping it???? that means that pretty soon after you stop
it'll be pretty much outdated, just like the HamBot! Please don't let the #1
bot end up like the #2!

holistic1

Feb 13, 2001, 3:23pm
Why don't you just rename the midi before uploading it in the first place?

[View Quote] > Is it possible for a xealgot to say get a file from somewhere and with the
> proper FTP info in a script save it somewhere else as a diff name, i
> knowthis is prob a dumb question but i was thinkin of makin a bot for midi
> trivia and i dont want people hittin F3 and seein what it is =P
> (If it cnat in a script, would be a good idea for next xealgot)
>
> --
> <sig>
> UEAK RaptorFox
> Public Relations and VS Manager
> United States World Federation (USWF)
> raptorfox at uswf-aw.com
>
> "Chriss182: We aint nothin but USWF ganstas..."
> </sig>

xelag

Feb 13, 2001, 5:21pm
No, not stop developing... There will be new features and bug fixes, but
every new feature of weight requires a lot of testing, so I'm being careful
of what I add and when. My priority now is to get the 3.1 functions working,
without breaking old code, so the bot keeps functioning in 2.x, 3.0
universes and worlds as well.

XelaG

ok :-))

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------5FCAEF975A275BD16480E770

I'm not familiar with your bots scripting language but I bet it can
write out text to a file.

Asking the command line FTP for help reveals that it can use response
files - that is it can be operated without user interaction and read its
commands from a file.

Putting both together should be a way to transfer files.

xelag schrieb:

> Xelagots don't have the FTP protocol, so the answer is no :)

[View Quote] begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------5FCAEF975A275BD16480E770--