Thread

something strange about the SDK (Sdk)

something strange about the SDK // Sdk

I haven't used the new SDK yet, but I'm curious :

1. the Aw_static.lib seems to reference WS2_32.dll
(guess : WS stands for wsock?)

2. in aw.h I see :

/* attributes below are not used by the SDK */

AW_CONTACT_NUMBER, ...

but in Aw_static.lib I find _handle_contact_state

Maybe undocumented features, entry points or callback
functions, stuff that isn't in the DLL?

jerme

Jun 5, 2002, 1:19am
As far as I know...

In the .lib, .dll, and .h files that are included in the SDK download...
Many of those defnitions are not actully available to the SDK. Using the
example you gave.. AW_CONTACT_NUMBER is not a attribute that would be
available to any bot. Their counterparts may not be either.. And I wouldn't
expect those to be documented..

Then again, with the introduction of AFK mode, handle_contact_state makes
sense... I guess you'll have to ask 999 about it.

-Jeremy

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy Booker

o0oiiijoshiiio0o

Jun 12, 2002, 10:48am
blah. the sdk is loaded with strange stuff. keep in mind that we have the
bot telegram stuff and it's just not turned on? i believe luke knew how to
get access to all that stuff...
-J

"o0oiiijoshiiio0o" <joshua_trask at capecod.com> wrote in
news:3d074310$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> blah. the sdk is loaded with strange stuff. keep in mind that we have
> the bot telegram stuff and it's just not turned on? i believe luke
> knew how to get access to all that stuff...

I guess the SDK is used internally for lots of admin apps, maybe to help
with development too. I don't think AW would know what to do with a
telegram sent from a bot, so even if you managed to get the telegram
functions working you'd have a hard time. Plus the AWC might detect it (if
they read logs or have log analysing apps) and get angry at you (Robbie
will tell you about that ;-)) ).

"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> wrote in news:3CFCFEBF.F3E9BC92 at oct31.de:

> I haven't used the new SDK yet, but I'm curious :
>

> 1. the Aw_static.lib seems to reference WS2_32.dll
> (guess : WS stands for wsock?)

I think that it's pretty much always referenced Winsock 2 (yes, it is the
Winsock 2 DLL). At least the last few years.