Compilers // Sdk

1  |

jackbnimble

Jun 15, 2002, 3:36pm
From what ive read in the newsgroups, some c++ compilers have problems
using the sdk. Does anyone know a compiler that will use the sdk without
a problem?

jackbnimble

Jun 15, 2002, 3:36pm
And free LOL

[View Quote] > From what ive read in the newsgroups, some c++ compilers have problems
> using the sdk. Does anyone know a compiler that will use the sdk without
> a problem?

Borland's free compiler will once you've converted the DLL.
Andras also has the converted libraries on his website :
http://andras.net/tools.html#dlls

http://www.borland.com

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

jackbnimble

Jun 15, 2002, 5:34pm
ty

[View Quote] > Borland's free compiler will once you've converted the DLL.

http://www.openwatcom.org is another option

"jackbnimble" <privacy at plz.com> wrote in news:3C75EE3A.2010908 at plz.com:

> From what ive read in the newsgroups, some c++ compilers have problems
> using the sdk. Does anyone know a compiler that will use the sdk without
> a problem?

I use MingW, it has no problems with it, but you have to convert the DLL to
a .a library for it to work (easy process really).

KAH

chazrad

Jun 16, 2002, 1:11pm
"jackbnimble" <privacy at plz.com> wrote in news:3C75EE64.9070101 at plz.com:

> And free LOL

[View Quote] try www.petrossa.com/download/bot.zip, it should work with most compilers

jackbnimble

Jun 16, 2002, 6:21pm
Would you better descrivbe this process plz?

[View Quote] > "jackbnimble" <privacy at plz.com> wrote in news:3C75EE3A.2010908 at plz.com:

> I use MingW, it has no problems with it, but you have to convert the DLL to
> a .a library for it to work (easy process really).
>
> KAH

jackbnimble

Jun 16, 2002, 8:33pm
Never mind i have it (finally)

[View Quote] > Would you better descrivbe this process plz?

"jackbnimble" <privacy at plz.com> wrote in news:3C7769BB.4020801 at plz.com:

> Would you better descrivbe this process plz?

You must run AW.DLL through a tool that comes with MingW called dlltool,
only thing is that it needs a file listing all the functions in the DLL,
you can either do it manually or use an app like pexports like I do (see
the MingW site for a link). To catch the output of pexports I wrote a dead
simple PHP script, I could send it to you if you want it (you'll need to
have PHP installed on your machine though). Dlltool generates a library
file, aw.a, that you reference to when you compile the app :-))