xelag // User Search

1  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  36  |

Xelagot 3.424 available

Aug 3, 2003, 9:03am
Minor action script language additions, see
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html
for details.

Alex

Chazbot Version 1.0 released

Aug 10, 2003, 10:43pm
Hi,

Remember the golden rule: final is never final :)

In my 3 to 4 years xelagoting my bot (hehe) I found out that soon
enough. I hope and trust you will have a different attitude than AW's
finals (at least, since Roland left). Final is the beginning :)

Cheers and best of luck with your bot, the more good ones the merrier!

Alex

On 10 Aug 2003 17:50:27 -0400, "baron sweetman"
[View Quote] >Finally Chazbot has reached enough maturity to be able to be called a
>final release. Version 1.0 has a completely rewritten botmanagement,
>whereby those in large, very populated worlds can decide to add as many
>instances as their botlimit allows to spread the load amongst the other
>instances by simply setting the maximum number of bots.
>The bot calculates the event load on each instance and on that basis
>swaps instances slower or faster to divide the incoming events over
>them.On screen is shown what the current load per bot per timeunit is
>with a minimum of 1 second. On that basis one can decide to add or take
>away bots. All bots load under the same name making it seamless for the
>visitor to talk with the bot whatever instance it is.
>
>Also the main Chatwindow has been redesigned, making it more the
>controlcenter of the bot, so only 1 window needs be open. The Chatwindow
>now allows 2 way chatting in the same window which is now a full RTF
>editor, so one gets WYSIWYG color/attributes setting for send chat.
>
>Much more to read in the readme file.
>
>Those who still have an install from more then 1 month ago do better to
>reinstall a full installation.
>
>Work in progress:
>WorldMapper
>Extending the point & click building
>Terrain management

Warning

Aug 10, 2003, 10:38pm
bye :(

On 10 Aug 2003 18:48:31 -0400, "agent1"
[View Quote] >Immigration Officer: WARNING! Your citizenship expires tomorrow!

>Expires indeed. That's the way I feel about Activeworlds, Inc. right now, they've expired. Some of their best employees have moved on to other places and it shows. After waiting a month to hear from Mountain Myst about a project I started while Flagg was around, I haven't gotten any answer. It is very hard to care about the fate of Active Worlds when the people selling me the product don't care enough to answer their customers in a reasonable amount of time.
>
>I don't feel like paying almost $7 US every month for something that I feel is still playing catch-up with common 3D technology, so I won't.
>
>It's not all bad though. I did meet many people in AW who I would now call friends. Fortunately, Active Worlds is not the only place I can talk to them.
>
>Anyway, I've enjoyed the time I have spent in Active Worlds and hope that things improve from the way they are.
>
>So long, and thanks for all the RWX.

andras.net outage

Aug 14, 2003, 9:45pm
I posted today, no prob :)

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Xelagot 3.425 available

Aug 14, 2003, 1:06pm
See:
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html

Alex

To All Things... An Ending

Aug 16, 2003, 3:11am
Goober,

Sorry to hear you are stopping your contributions to what is left of
the community. I myself continue with my bot. Not because of the AW
developpers staff, which since Roland and Nelson left, have not
deigned to have a decent dialog with external programmers like me...
but because, being unmarried and childless, my bot is my way of
seeding fruit. A fruit I hope others enjoy.

I, as many others, am deeply disappointed in the AW staff. Their
perception of what they owe to the virtual community is deep below
zero. In financial and moral sense. But there are many things you
can still enjoy here, and I hope you will.

Wish you luck,
Alex

On 14 Aug 2003 23:34:51 -0400, "goober king" <awnews at awnews.org>
[View Quote] >Two years ago, I wrote an edition of StVMP for AWNews where I described
>my first experience in AW. I described how I was filled with awe as I
>watched scenes download around me, and felt compelled to explore this
>new frontier whenever possible. It was this feeling that drove me to do
>whatever I could to try and help solve AW's problems, so other people
>wouldn't have to worry about them and be as I was: someone cheerfully
>lost in a virtual world.
>
>I then ended that opinion piece with the following paragraph:
>"There are days where I think of trying to go back to those days of
>wandering: Abandon UTN, abandon AWNews, abandon the hoards of telegrams
>and contacts, leave behind all the rhetoric and flames of the
>newsgroups, get a new account, and simply wander off into the sunset.rwx
>in search of my next big adventure. That, I think, would be a very
>fitting ending indeed..."
>
>Well, folks, that day has finally arrived. After two years, I've made it
>painfully obvious to myself that there's really nothing I can do to help
>stave off AW's problems. The only person who can do that is Rick Noll,
>and he has made it painfully obvious that he isn't able, or willing, to
>do what it takes to fix said problems.
>
>As for me, I'm just tired. Tired of feeling forced to help a community
>that apparently has no interest in helping itself. Tired of depending on
>undependable people. Tired of watching people who are more interested in
>destroying each other than helping each other. And most of all, I'm
>tired of myself making empty promises that I know I can't keep.
>
>And so, today it all ends. Universal Town Network will be dropping off
>the face of the Net as Computerizer (UTN's host) wipes his web space in
>the coming weeks. The HQs will remain open, but will no longer be
>updated. The AWNews.org domain will expire on Sept. 19th, and the AWNews
>webspace will be shut down shortly thereafter. If anyone really wants to
>take on these projects in my place, feel free to contact me in AW (don't
>bother contacting me through the NGs, as I won't be reading them
>anymore), but considering the current demeanor of the community, I doubt
>I will find any serious takers.
>
>And as for me, I'm going to get back to what I should have been doing
>since I got here way back in 1996: building, exploring, and enjoying
>other people's hard work. After all, I know all too well the toils of a
>thankless job, so it's time I started thanking others for theirs.
>
>Farewell, AW Community. It was fun while it lasted.

Echomencers above post MEANS NEW UNIVERSE!!!!!

Aug 19, 2003, 1:12pm
I have win98 on C, and win2k on D (drive C is also visible to win2k,
but is not the system drive). I *never* install win2k programs on C.

[View Quote] >"joeman" <john at fakeplastic.com> wrote in
>news:3f416c9a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

>All Win32/16 boxes I've seen have a C drive. It's possible to change the
>drive letter, but why would you do that?
>
>KAH

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 20, 2003, 1:12pm
[View Quote] >If you are doing or saying things that the diverse cultures of the world
>consider to be immoral and doing them where people can view or know of them,
>then why shouldn't you be "judged", "condemned" or mentally "tortured" by
>those same people that you are offending???
>
>That's how the world works, ya know...

No it isn't. In a bigot country maybe, but in civilised countries,
there are public institutions created for the purpose of seeing that
rules are unforces, of judging and, if found guilty, penalising.
Private harrassing is forbiden in those countries: it is illegal and
sick. Private opinions are of course allowed everywhere, and should
be kept private.

Alex

>"If you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen."

[View Quote]

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 20, 2003, 9:00pm
What you are missing is this, Daphne. You have no right to apply your
own moral judgemets as if they were valid for all. When you attack
(even behind their backs, and viciously) Goreans or others, you are
making a big mistake. You are playing God. I have no affinity with
Goreans (as far as I know), but moral standards also apply or should
to you.

Certainly we form our own moral opinions. What we do not have the
right to do is to hassle, torture or whatever justifying it as from
our own moral opinions.

Sept 11 happend just by the sort of reasoning you hold... A bunch of
people believe the american way of life and international intervention
is immoral. They may or not be right, but that gives them NO WAY THE
RIGHT TO APPLY HASSELING MEASURES. Hasseling has degrees, from
bullying to murder.

You have hassled many, I am one of them. I also know you do a lot of
good work. So just drop the bigotry?

Alex

[View Quote] >We form our own opinions no matter what a government says... That is our
>right... If I want to think you are an idiot and tell you that's my opinion
>of you, then I will... And have done so...
>
>Should I leave all opinions/beliefs up to the government to dictate??? I'd
>say that is what a lot of Germans did back in the 1940's and we all know
>what happened because of that...
>
>Even in your country doctors are pulling the plug on the sick and elderly no
>matter what anyone that's involved says just because your government says
>they can... That would not stop me from calling the government unfeeling
>creeps... Would it stop you from saying what your opinion is if it went
>against your government???
>
>If so then you are just a lamb and deserve to be led to the slaughter when
>it's your turn to fall under unfeeling person's opinions and they have the
>power to act on them... :o(
>
>And, before you bring it up, I don't totally approve of the death penality
>in the U.S. even though my government says it's legal...

[View Quote]

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 20, 2003, 10:48pm
>So... you're being a bigot to the bigots? Shouldn't you be hating
>yourself, or telling yourself not to talk... or something...

not quite, bowen. you can have your own opinion and ventilate it.
but it has to remain your own opinion. in the world we live, a sort
of consensus has to be applied. at least, that is the basis of
western thought. since many years, the western society has based its
organisation in a 3-way power scheme: executives (president etc),
lawmaker, judges. each has its own function and is indeendant of the
others (the terms in english may be slightly different, my own laguage
is spanish). one big advantage above previous schemes is that the law
may not be made by an individual. not that this is always fair, but
it is fairer than others. linching (a private initiative) was
cosidered fair in some of your states a few decades ago... would it be
fair in your opinion? condemning people only based on your own system
of values, is that fair?

Daphne has in her posting here promoted the use of hatred, retaliation
and violence against people that she considers immoral, according to
her morals (disguised as puplic morals). I defy that, and abhore this
sort of bigotry.

Alex

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 20, 2003, 11:11pm

>That's your right as an individual, it's also her right to express her
>hatred and hope that others agree with her so that action may be taken
>to stop things that are rediculosly tedious to others. :-\

Sure, except when one has the choice to respect other people, one has
the ability to use that choice. Especially when one is ith a position
of power (as Daphne is, ruling on a few worlds). Hatred an bigotry
leads nowhere.

I was very shocked when a couple of years ago, after gladly agreeing
to help Daphne to make a free bot for her event on Halloween, she
forbade me to make a bot fot another world which she CONSIDERED
immoral (oct31 I think). This was a very difficult decision, but I
decided not to help Daphne. This sort of incident has beeing
repeating itself, when she waged a 'behind your back' war against GOR
and lately against myself.

Bigotry? Nice and good people can turn out as biggots... just you
wait :(

Alex

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 20, 2003, 11:25pm
oh dear, hope you won't really explode :) use your brains if possible!

Alex

[View Quote] >Usually I'm nice to you, but this is just so incredibly stupid that I feel
>like I'm gonna explode... anyway, I have no real idea what your talking
>about or why it fits into an AW newsgroup. How is physical torture inflicted
>over the internet? And what about mental torture? Can't you just leave the
>place on the internet your in?
>
>"There is a very diverse culture here. Each person comes here with their
>own
>unique personal situation. Noone should be tortured here. Instead,
>influencing a good quality of life, moral actions and taking an interest in
>meeting the needs of the people is what the focus should be."
>
>WHAT THE HELL? WHERE? WHAT TORTURE? HOW DO YOU INFLUENCE A GOOD QUALITY OF
>LIFE FROM ACTIVE WORLDS? Oh crag-monkeys... my heads goona explode...
[View Quote]

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 22, 2003, 11:07pm
[View Quote] >This has gone on long enough...

Has it?

When a few years ago you asked me to help you clear the mess 2 kids
had done in AWTeen, I was willing to help. I never realised you were
protecting kids who had taken and vandalised the equivalent of many
universes worth of land (according to you, they had by mistake kept
their fingers on the keyboard). Months later, it appeared the same
kids has had a much vaster input. My first reaction was to ask the
AWTeen team to take measures: freeze these peoples ability to
vandalise, and ban the culprits for a limited numbervof weeks. Your
reaction was histerical: you treated me as if I was chopping these
kids hands etc, and refused even to talk about this case. Your
neighbour kid maybe? I could not care less, kids need to be respected
whether you know them or not.

When months later I was called in by the caretaker of AWTeen to help
determine more damage created by these same kids, you not only refused
to help giving the appropriate data, but you actively boycotted the
investigation. I sent an email to AW and the AWTean group with CC to
you about this and declined to help ever again in this sort of
investigation unless all parties agreed.

In the meantime, I read in the AW newsgroups your active but behind
the back boycott of alleged GOR citizens in world you were responsible
for (AW sponsored worlds).

When we worked together in Avatars 2001, I was responsible
representing DigitalSpace Corporation. You took the liberty, in the
name of our corporation, to insult ActiveWorlds officials on the
matter of the participation of Peacekeapers (not through our official
cannels, through yours). I rebuked that. You also kept information
about sponsors hidden from us, and seemingly decided our event was
yours?

In avatars 2002, you were not invited to participate (my decision).
You held a war behind my back, hasseling our workers, and even sending
emails to my boss about how bad we were handeling the preparations to
the event. None of your business, all of your spite.

You are now propagating hate methods. Do you ever think I will keep
my mouth shut about this? I find what you are doing, perverting youth
(yes, you), despicable. Keep your own traumas to yourself! I have
had enough of biggots like you, working behind the back of people but
wearing an angel face.

Hope you realise what you are doing.
Alex

[View Quote]

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 28, 2003, 9:58pm
Daphne,

I did not read this whole thread yet, but no matter. My reply to your
intial post was motivated by your approoval and incitement (in your
position, aprooval is incitement) to harass people if they do not
comply with certain rules which YOU consider immorall or unacceptable
(because YOU consider them genarally immoral and unacceptable). I
knew that you did this for a long time, but have NEVER seen you
aproove this publickly. This is a vigilante activity, that denies all
fairness. A "nigger" would be linched in the souther USA states just
because of your reasoning depending on the morals of the vigilante
class. It is the same sort of reasoning you are using.

I do not need to copy your slandering methods (you have sent oh so
many slandering telegrams and emails about me) and I have kept silent
for a long time, except that I think I must state exactly what I think
is due: nobody, not even goddess Daphne who knows what is pure and
just, has the right to persecute people. You do thatnand you have
done that for a long time, but the moment you justified it here in the
newsgroups, I decided to say exactly what I thought.

Don't get me mistaken. I heard from most of the people you were
hassling to stop working on avatars 2002, and from some more you have
hassled behind their back. Some with a bit of insinuations, some with
much more than that. I kept my calm. Until now, that you openly
propagate hate and persecution.

Whatever I thought of you and your methods, I kept to myself.
Whatever you thought of me you have used to slash my name at places
where you thought I was vulnerable. Not publickly, of course, always
behind the back of people.

Well lady, I wish you best. You do good work sometimes and you can
motivate people, and you do a lot of devilish work too.

You have NO RIGHT to play the vigilante and crap on people whose
lifestyle you despise or disagree with. You have even less right to
pervert other people's mind into applying these unlawfull and immoral
practices.

Alex

[View Quote] >Alex...

> [...]
>their counsel falling apart... You, on the other hand, were only asked in
>because we thought you had a bot that could take care of the mess... Well,
>you did, but you weren't willing to do more than a few hour's worth of
>running it to help out... Still you thought that gave you the right to
>immerse yourself in the situation and try to dictate what should be done
>about it... Wasn't your place, Alex... Sorry about that...
>
>I wasn't hysterical in talking to you, I used an example in trying to
>explain to you why I didn't think the ONE kid who did the huge groundcover
>should be banned or kicked out of AW and you do nothing but dwell on that
>example... You memory of the timeing is off too...
>
>In fact your memory is off in most of what you've mentioned --- either that
>or you just like lying...
>
>Many of the "gorbean" pursuasion lied about what I did or didn't do
>concerning them in AW and the rest of the "gorbeans" swallowed the lies,
>hook, line and sinker... My favorite "line" to the ones that approached me
>on the subject was "be carful what you believe for you, too, can be lead
>around as if you, too, wore a collar"... Had to be a line they could relate
>to, after all... :o) Sounds like you swallowed the lies too...
>
>Flagg knew me well enough to know the truth... He allowed the meeting with
>the "gorbeans" because, as customer service representative, he had to try to
>calm ppl down... Do you think for one minute that if what the "gorbeans"
>had told him was true, that I'd still be running an AW owned world 2 years
>after the fact???
>
>"Hope you realise what you are doing." The ppl that have already seen
>what you are, sit their shaking their heads saying "Yup, that's XelaG for
>you. Some things never change." I guess that's one thing we have in
>common though... I don't change much either and I believe that's what ppl
>count on... They know pretty much what I will do in a given situation and
>in many instances, they do count on me doing it... People count on you to
>make your bot even better and better because that's what you are good at...
>So why not stick to doing what you do best and stop trying to paint me black
>just because I responded to TheLady's first post in this thread??? If you
>had read my response like it was meant and not pushed it beyond my meaning
>then none of the following crap would have come out... How could you have
>missed the double quotes I put around "judged", "condemned" and "mentally"
>tortured??? The answer is that you just couldn't resist trying to find a
>way to put me down again even though I've left you alone for a couple of
>years now... tsk, tsk, tsk...
>
>I'm going to ignore your name-calling this time but if you deign to slander
>me with words like "pervert" again, you will hear about it ----- done in "my
>style", of course!!! LOL
>
>.........and that's all I have to say to you, Mr. Alex "I think I am God" de

[View Quote]

Xelagot for Dummys

Aug 28, 2003, 10:36pm
Hi,

great page. One remark: the best strategy is to disable 'use cache'
for a very accurate rendering (this takes longer). The Xelagot cache
is as good as as the AW.DLL responds, the cache is made only when a
whole sector has been received and approved. If in very rare
occasions, if this goes wrong, the cache will give you a wrong result.
I have seen this happen seldom, but as a precaution, for important
backups, disable 'use cache'.

Alex

[View Quote] >At the request of Eigna, I have made a webpage for basics of "Saving Your
>Builds" and "Moving Build to New Area", as projects in Xelagot (by XelaG).
>This is not to serve as documentation that you can and do receive from the
>Xelagot Official Site, which I do include the link to on my page. Its just
>a simplified docs for novices. You can find them at my site at:
>http://www.afantasy.us/xelagot.html
>
>Please feel free to check out the website too. Lightwave's avatars, and of
>course any and all of our resources for Activeworlds.
>
>Sexy Eyes

Xelagot for Dummys

Aug 28, 2003, 10:45pm
BTW, you do not need to start the bot afresh to avoid the cache...
the cache is used when you allow it. So if you survey and disable
'use cache', the cache will not be used. If you restart the bot, as
you say, it will still use the cache unless 'use cache' is disabled.

Alex :)

[View Quote] >Hi,

>great page. One remark: the best strategy is to disable 'use cache'
>for a very accurate rendering (this takes longer). The Xelagot cache
>is as good as as the AW.DLL responds, the cache is made only when a
>whole sector has been received and approved. If in very rare
>occasions, if this goes wrong, the cache will give you a wrong result.
>I have seen this happen seldom, but as a precaution, for important
>backups, disable 'use cache'.
>
>Alex

[View Quote]

Xelagot 3.426 available

Oct 25, 2003, 3:37pm
X1, av99bot and service bots version 2.426: the main changes are in
the Action Script. Please see What's New at

http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html

Alex

Xelagot 3.427 bugfix

Oct 26, 2003, 8:22am
Bugfix in new Action Script statement TriviaAllowWhisper, see
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html

Alex

SeqFileViewer 2.0

Oct 27, 2003, 3:15pm
SeqFileViewer 2.0 fixes a bug when saving to binary SEQ format a SEQ
that was loaded as text SEQ: the total number of frames saved to the
binary file did not correspond to the binary format, but to the text
format. Thanks, SleepyE, for finding this bug :)

The fix can be applied to these faulty binary SEQs by reloading them
(even in old versions of SeqFileViewer) and saving them back to binary
format.

http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/seqspecs.html has a link to download
the new version.

Alex

Xelagot 3.428 recommended update

Oct 29, 2003, 2:59pm
Please see What's New for details:

http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html

Alex

Xelagot 3.429 fixed recommended update

Nov 3, 2003, 2:17pm
Fixed a problem in the reconnection code, see What's New for details:

http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html

Alex

SeqFileViewer 2.1 available

Nov 26, 2003, 5:35pm
This version of SeqFileViewer will correct the 'frame' number of the
first frame automatically, for binary files and for HamFon text files.
Binary files must start at frame 1, text files at frame-time 0.
Previous versions of SeqFileViewer only corrected binary files that
had the first frame as frame 0, changing this to 1. Now both binary
and text SEQs are checked and fixed if their first frame is not
numbered correctly.

Another error is also detected (as in previous versions), when the
first frame of a binary file is not set for x, y, z and rotation
coordinates. This must be fixed manually.

Any changes or corrections applied to a loaded file must be saved back
to file (the file on disc is not updated automatically).

See for details and download:
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/seqspecs.html

Alex

object path passwords cracked

Nov 28, 2003, 11:32pm
I got it too. The worlds on the list I got are:

! at Mart
!history
!Nebula!
A!!!!!BK
A!!Place
A!ABC
A!!CT
A'tuin
AbraCa
AD&DRPG
Aeon
Ahmshere
AJ_Creek
Akrapoli
Amberlin
Ambient
America
Amigos1(2,3)
Andor(2)
Angelic
AnnaRose
Antiques
AnyWhere
AQuest
ARCANIS
ArtDeco
Ashai
Ashmore
ASmile
Atari
AV00
AV02
AV02
AV98/99
AvaIon
Avalon2
AVRDADA/AVRLINN/AVRQUEST
AW3dLiv2
AWBingo:
AWCC
AWDebate
AWDemo
AWDisco
AWMegaOY
AWRpg
AWSales
AWShire
AWTeen
AWWAG
Axis
AZeta
AzNWorlds
AWGate:
a'odd:
Barrens
BCatts
BeligicAW
Bellver
Blaize
Blogged
Borg
Boubert
Bridge1
Broadway
Bugs
Cailean
Canyon
Carnival
Cartius
Chicago
Chillin
CitBingo
Colonia
Colony
Cosmos
Country
Cybrhood
DAAP
Danmark
DarkAges
Destiny
Disco
Discover
Dmc2u
doggy
Dracon
Dreamer
DsEden
Dyoleen!
Edenfall
Effecter
Ellindri
Elysium
En'Kara
Enchant
England
Eros
Euterpe
Exotica
Factory
Fernwood
Fibbles
Finland
Flag007
Float
Floor4
FLYAW
Fnch
Forbiden
Forever
French
Gala
Gamorah
Ganymede
Garnets
GBot
Genesis
Giggles
Godsmack
Gothgirl
Gothic
GZ
HappyDaz
Healing
HeIp
Highland
HMW
HnENE
Hyria
iCandy3d
iccaicco
IIWorld
Image
Italcity
Italia at w
jadaland
Jade
jocarey
JupiLand
Kalivie
Kel
Kimera
Kiss
Kit
KL32
Labirint
Lakes
Latinos
Leaves
Legenda
Legends2
Lorien
Luha
MadQuest
Maniak!!
Mayumi/heartfall ops:
Meadow
Medical
Merlin
Mobeus
MongoIia
Mordor
MP3D
Music3D
Mutation

Seems this moron is working alphabetically..

Alex

On 28 Nov 2003 15:58:13 -0500, "codewarrior" <pete at accelr8r.com>
[View Quote] >I just received one of those fake emails from

>objectpasswords at activeworlds.com
>
>It has a list of valid object path names and object passwords that
>are verified to be correct passwords.
>
>If you use a password on your zip files, you might want to change it.

object path passwords cracked

Nov 29, 2003, 1:12am
I got it today by email with the following first line:

Here's an early Christmas gift from your favorite AW villain that has
broken his 4 month silence:

On 28 Nov 2003 21:43:45 -0500, "strike rapier"
[View Quote] >Pretty old... since a few days before the encryption was altered... Perhaps
>milesteg could give us a better date if he remembers when he last changed
>mutations... the day after?
>
>- MR

[View Quote]

object path passwords cracked

Nov 29, 2003, 1:04pm
Some are new, some are old.

On 29 Nov 2003 07:27:55 -0500, "wizard myrddin" <admin at rdescape.co.uk>
[View Quote] >I notice one or two on this list that changed names about 6 months ago, so
>the list was constructed 6 months ago, so waste of time changing pw's as
>proberly most of that was wanted has already been removed to a pirated
>Universe.
>
>With it seems the object password has been a subject of interested more that
>this time it really seems pointless providing that facility to protect them
>until its removed from the client or a better system is created. But then
>why spend money on something that only effect "private" worlds as most of AW
>objects are free to use! You might as well leave your object password on a
>web page.

[View Quote]

Multizip new version for repasswording

Nov 29, 2003, 6:59am
Andras has made available a new version of his MultiZip. With this
version 4.10 you can repassword zips which have previously been
passworded. It will leave zips that were not passworded untouched.
This is very handy, as many common zips should not be passworded
(including ALL seq zips, as those are freely available in the cache
unzipped).

The url is:
http://www.andras.net/tools.html#multizip

Alex

OK, what have we learned this weekend?

Dec 1, 2003, 9:37am
Never password your SEQ files. They appear unzipped in the cache, so
if they are zipped and passworded on the object path, it is easy to
compare both and extract the password. Same for the avatars.dat
file.

Alex

[View Quote] > Can anyone think of any points I've missed? And ENZO - I don't envy you
>the job of cleaning up this mess tomorrow morning - :)

Re: ENZO - can Alex have that spot you offered me in your beta program?

Dec 3, 2003, 7:55pm
I asked for access to the beta ng, and was denied, because it was for
alpha testers only. This bug was reported a few times directly to
members of the dev team. I reporterd it personally a few weeks after
the 3.3 version was made public. This now is the first time I had
world logs to base my analysis on. I got a reply from Bill Hoover
just now saying:

---
Thank you for this detailed information. We will see what we can do to
resolve this issue.
---

I would suggest that reports about this bug (and others related to it)
would be sent to devteam at activeworlds.com as well as being posted to
the newgroups. Maybe in this way we can help AW realise how seriously
'external' developpers are being hindered in producing applications
that can enhance the AW experience if these bugs do not get a priority
treatment.

And I do agree with the one who said that you not always need to be
able to reproduce a bug to fix it. In some cases (that's my own
experience), re-examining your code and using good logic can help you
find the bug, and fix it. A lot is a matter of what priorities you
have.

Alex

[View Quote] >Crossposted reply from SDK group

>--
>
>Gee.. shouldn't you post this kind of detailed info in the beta group
>where the people working on the code are?

[View Quote]

WARNING TO EVERYONE, READ!! (CROSSPOSTED)

Dec 13, 2003, 11:20pm
Thanks for the trust :)

The problem is circular, though. Trust must be built up. To trust
someone, somebody (many somebodies) must have downloaded and used
his/her programs for a while without trusting him/her, and gained
trust by using them.

This poses a big problem for honest begining programmers, who are not
yet trusted. I don't know how this dilemma can be solved.

Alex

[View Quote] >Andras, as I learned once, trust can be misplaced, especially on the
>net. Don't download anything unless EVERYONE COLLECTIVELY trusts it
>(like everyone trusts XelaG for example)

WARNING TO EVERYONE, READ!! (CROSSPOSTED)

Dec 14, 2003, 1:10am
:)~~~~ *

On 13 Dec 2003 21:26:54 -0500, "zeofatex" <gzanone at optonline.net>
[View Quote] >Secretly when our computer are idle the xelagots collaborate to create one
>super xelagot that will soon take over Active Worlds.

1  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  36  |