kellee // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

Incentive to become a PK, GK, Teacher

May 3, 2001, 11:46pm
mmm awuniv started as just such a place. it was designed to be a forum
where by ppl that where knowledgeable about object making, backdrops etc
could give their time to promote and help others gain the same skills AND
practice them with a generous allotment of web space for temporary use.

lacking the ppl willing to give their time to this project, it has been semi
shelved but IS still available if any one is willing to donate the time.

AWld have done a lot to help the community. Sometimes its also up to the
community to help itself.

NewAW- an alternative

Nov 6, 2002, 9:11pm
You know that i am not keen on the present monotary system in new aw, and
the plan i propose isnt perfect, but im wondering if it may be a "please
more ppl" alternative?

What if earning credits was based on your time in Activeworlds universe
instead of in only NewAW? Credits could be gained in any world, and perhaps
extra credits could be earned by joining a community based group such as
Gatekeepers , Peacekeepers, Teachers or other AW sponsored volunteer
organisations.

And a set deduction could be levied if you are ejected from an AW world too.
This may cut down on the deliberate trouble from attention seeking, but
building keen ppl :o)

Many more variations on the plan are possible, this is only a broad
outline..... what do u think?

NewAW- an alternative

Nov 6, 2002, 10:11pm
<And a set deduction could be levied if you are ejected from an AW world
too.>

Not "some worlds" but aw worlds. Presumably, Gatekeepers , Peacekeepers
etc are in line with AW guidelines.

Now lets not start a Peacekeeper bashing excercise....its pointless and off
the subject. Fact is, everyone isnt perfect and mistakes will be made at
times, but in general they do a better job than anarchy would. And anything
that prevents ppl from having to eject is better than ejecting.

The idea is that knowing you lose credits as well as being ejected will
hopefully make ppl less likely to CAUSE the trouble. And for the few
"mistakes" ...... i assume the organisations will all have a set up to deal
with unfair ejections.

[View Quote]

Last telegram sent to contact recall

Nov 8, 2002, 10:02pm
Wouldnt it be good if in the options under each contact, there was a "Last
Telegram Sent to Contact" recall option?

For instance.... you send a question to some one that is offline, three days
later they reply, and then three days later you come online and get a "yep"

Be great to right click and select "recall" to read your last telegram sent
to that contact, wouldnt it?

Or at least SOME way to recall the history

Re: (was Re: I'm back, but wrong person !!! :-)

Jul 16, 2001, 6:19pm
I knew it!!!!!!! i knew it!!!!!! Marcus dosent even READ the post he is
replying to!!!!!

Welcoming Eep back when it was Rough Diamond that had been gone. HAH!!!!!!

ROTF

[View Quote]

Re: (was Re: I'm back, but wrong person !!! :-)

Jul 16, 2001, 7:51pm
yes i do
excuses made up after the fact dont work ,mate
*pats on head* never mind

and by the way dont make Eep yell at you to snip your messages

[View Quote]

Re: (was Re: I'm back, but wrong person !!! :-)

Jul 16, 2001, 11:39pm
yes dear, of course, dear we all believe you, dear :o)) *pats on head*

ROTFLMFAO

[View Quote]

Re: (was Re: I'm back, but wrong person !!! :-)

Jul 16, 2001, 11:46pm
i attacked you? sheesh of course dear whatever you say

gosh, know you know why i dont filter you you are tooooo funny :o)

"no one would want to filter him" *still ROTF*

[View Quote]

what happend to my post that you should think about

Jul 19, 2001, 2:43am
check your options....maintenaince..... delete downloaded messages after
"how" many days?

think its 5 by default

[View Quote]

This world Avatars.zip (.dat) is pissing me off...

Aug 22, 2001, 10:19pm
well its sorta (and im no techie) because the reason for a cache is to save
you having to load something everytime you enter a world that you have
visited before. So when you change a file such as your avatar.dat file....
your cached one will still load as it looks in your cache first for
aforementioned file and dosent know that the new one by the same name IS a
new one.

So you need to delete your cache ( simple trick is just delete your
avatar.dat file) and then it will look to reload it... and will load the new
one.

Or you could wait until your refresh does it for you,
(options.....settings....disk usage) but if you have that set for 60 days as
i think is the default (could be wrong) then you will have to wait a
while....

[View Quote]

This world Avatars.zip (.dat) is pissing me off...

Aug 22, 2001, 10:29pm
ooops got that tangled its the world refresh in world options that you
can adjust not the browser ( thats for objects that have been removed and
you still "see")

[View Quote]

About an idea on the FeatureVote site...

Sep 30, 2001, 6:58pm
Goober!!!!!!! you gave it away now they will fix it *pout*. by the way
did you know that if you moved worlds while in that mode you also retain
rights from the world you where last in? hehehe could see ppl in aw
before they spoke, it was fun.

[View Quote] Frankly, I didn't bother voting for hiding the checkmark because you can
create the same effect if you're on a modem by releasing and renewing
your IP (using winipcfg) while in AW. Doing so will wipe out your
checkmark. (and you won't receive any telegrams either!)

Still, judging from how a lot of the features you can vote for are
inter-related, I suspect that we're going to be seeing a *major*
reworking of the telegram/contacts system in 3.3

3.2 Splash Screen

Oct 1, 2001, 10:18am
Well i dont know if this has any bearing but i downloaded 3.2 as an update
on both my computers and the one that upgraded from 2.2 says "beta" now and
the one that upgraded 3.1 dosent.

[View Quote] KAH

[View Quote]

What's the SW mean? My autobiography O_O

Dec 9, 2001, 6:22am
hehe does any one want mine? I'll take the time to write it iffin you
want..... beware though, its juicy in spots

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Re: A modern-day, politically-correct holiday greeting:

Dec 21, 2001, 6:41pm
oh oh you goofed...... "celebration
of the winter solstice holiday" ...... Here in Australia its summer!!!

LOL

[View Quote] By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This
greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is
freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It
implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement
any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where
prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion
of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within
the usual application of good tidings for a period of
one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting,
whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to
replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole
discretion of the wisher.

--
Tyrell - Alpha Prime - 21.8s 457e 90 - "Mundus vult decipi"
"Eat well, stay fit, die anyway."

Adressed to all the caretakers !

Feb 11, 2002, 7:44pm
[View Quote] I seriously doubt that the majority of world owners who asked for return of
tourists meant that they would pay an additional $59.95 fee in order to buy
"permission" to make a world *they had already bought* tourist accessible
again. The unfairness of that aside, management's idea that making it
difficult for tourists to see worlds other than AWGate would be an
"incentive" to get them to register, is ludicrous."

I have asked for AWSchool to be enabled for Tourists and i am awaiting
AWCorps reply. I trust that they recognise that Tourists will be more
willing to register if they are allowed to try building ( after all, does
one buy a house without checking to see if the appliances work?) So dont
write off AWSchool yet :o))

Adressed to all the caretakers !

Feb 14, 2002, 11:07pm
I know AWSchool teachers where not invited ( the ones that try to answer
citizens questions when asked and where probably promising some poor sucker
that their objects , if not objectionable, would never be deleted at the
time the meeting was held)

I wonder if the G.E.T or AWHS was? I would think that they would have a
mild interest in all this, But i KNOW that AWSchool certainly would have
done.

[View Quote] > I've said it before, I'm disappointed JP or E N Z O did not speak to the
> citizens at AWDebate when AW was in such an uproar after announcing the
> price increase and no tourists. And since that time, I've heard JP had a
> discussion with the PK's, and part of the focus of this discussion was NAC
> property and the like. HOW DARE JP release this information to the PK's

Old AW Splash Jpgs

Feb 1, 2002, 7:17am
there are some splash jpgs on eep's page

http://www.tnlc.com/eep/aw/

[View Quote]
"sinew" <citizenaw at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c56f2e7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> A page sounds good, I'm making it now. I don't know about all versions
> being available for download, but I do know of one very old version with a
> saved cache that someone had. I don't remember who had it or know if it
is
> still available or not; however, I have spent considerable time searching
> for it.
>
> Does AW company allow you to keep previous versions on the web for
download?

> I've found the full sized 2.0 splash.

[View Quote]

ideas

Jan 30, 2002, 5:46am
If we are talking objects I have some suggestions, not necessarily all
"matching". They are probaly all ready in existance and indeed i have seen
some of these things in private worlds, but different versions are allways
nice

an object that's curved like a swathe/bunting/decorations that takes pics
from the web or has available several textures for different
events.....i.e.: flashing Christmas lights, red white and blue ribbons for
American holidays, or coloured ribbons for birthdays and a masked
background.

decent water that's not see through from underneath with waterfall that's
NOT symmetrical and actually matches the water, in other words it FLOWS
into the water without the 90 degree seam

different plants, not just trees...i.e. : climbing ivy and roses , complete
gardens of flowers ( Not in bright "pretty" unrealistic colours but
tasteful ), garden mulch with loose dirt showing through, stands of bamboo
,picked bunches of flowers, tropical plants, oriental plants

haycocks

turrets and spires

and to add on to sinews suggestion of brick edging.....wooden edging as well
( off cuts of rough poles in short vertical lines )

a curved bridge ( footbridge) such as one would find in an oriental garden
or similar

a stile

a curved cobblestone path......with several sections including one that can
join on to the bridge

a well

a lions head fountain ( flat to the wall lions head with water coming out
into a small semi circular pool) that can affix to a brick wall

any sort of fountain

brick/stone outdoor furniture - roman style, oriental, country etc

a pergola in parts ( door ways, roofs etc) and assorted lattice work and
edging in both traditional, and contemporary design. Perhaps one that has
the built in vine on it...... ( dont ask for much hehehe)

gazebo

sundial

dog kennel

nursery furniture ? LOL think about it thou, there are lots of couches
and coffee tables, but theres not a lot of furniture for the not as "normal"
rooms, like gyms and suchlike for instance?

[View Quote] Holly Tree with red berries
Grass with depth as in AWGate (for the unperfect unimmaculate wild lawn look
:)
ZigZag brick trim for walk the width of a wall001.rwx and in length sizes to
match walks.
(looks like below)

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Actual brick walk is here in the middle.
ZigZagged sides match brick walk texture.
These are just bricks angled 45 degrees in the ground.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

[View Quote]

Something EVERYONE:Should Be Aware Of

Mar 13, 2002, 11:44pm
I just have one question and I know that I'll get yelled at....but so what?
I just cant understand why ppl use their computers to listen to radio or
play music. It is totally beyond me why you just dont turn a REAL radio on
and not slow down your PC with noise thats not even good quality.

[View Quote] *snipped*

Something EVERYONE:Should Be Aware Of

Mar 15, 2002, 8:49pm
Not really a good analogy, as the computer is designed for information
storage, manipulation and retrieval, accessing the internet for visual and /
or interactive entertainment and technology sharing. The radio? well....
that's designed for listening to music and other non interactive audio
activities.

*shrugs* but of course you are right and say hi to Chuck for me

[View Quote]

O_O

May 27, 2002, 10:00pm
As long as ppl are complaining about poor ol' Andy posting a link to his
home page as part of his "overindulgent but what he likes" signature
section, can i whinge about the Foo that has his nose broken when i view it
in my reader??? Not to mention that the bit at the beginning thats cute but
i DONT need to read it every time ya posts, Andy. Now....i wonder if this
all comes across as sounding as petty as some of the rest of ya? if so,
GOOD, it was meant to.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\

Poor Foo

*kellee

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 29, 2002, 6:47am
politics? AW has already pronounced the sentence and acted upon it.
NOTHING in AW will ever be non political, from Just In's dispute with
everything america and their dispute with him .... to Duskbats vandalism of
AW GZ and AWHS doctrines...... to whether you feel winning a CY award is
worth stepping up in front of a hundred ppl that feel someone else should
have won it ..... to all the other trivialities and the legitimate
grievences that ppl have sought to air ........how can any one that voices
an opinion remain neutral?

it all SUX

Spinning warp?

Aug 7, 2002, 12:11pm
Senility has set in and I cant remember the command for a spinning
warp...... can any one help me out?

You know, *bump warp +000000 +000000* or something?

It's been too long since I had some one worth dropping one on

Re: word usage

Aug 10, 2002, 2:05am
Oh Gawdddd next some one is gunna tell me that "lend" and "borrow" mean
the same thing

Worse and worst are NOT the same word and they are not interchangable.

Trust me =consistant "A"s in english and 100% correct on the language
section of a recent IQ test = me

Personally i dont give a rats so long as i can understand what you are
trying to say but i do care when some one is trying to tell someone they are
wrong when they are 100% correct.:oP

Re: word usage (was Re: aw_world_object_password SDK call?)

Aug 12, 2002, 2:12am
hey,..... the NGs are no fun without a bit of pot

[View Quote]

Re: trolling moron (was Re: word usage)

Aug 14, 2002, 3:19am
To everyone it may concern.

While there is a difference between the words "worse" and "worst", there is
not a great deal of difference between "troll" and "pedant". Both are
personal attacks.

While general discussion is the place for all topics not directly related to
AW, it is still considered to be a place where adults can have opinions,
make remarks and otherwise behave in a semi sociable manner.

In other words.....grow up kiddies! Dont like it......mute some one, but
dont use caustic and inflamatory statements to berate some one in an effort
to reach their annoyance threshold and have them react in a way that will
have them removed from the NGs.

Re: trolling moron (was Re: word usage)

Aug 16, 2002, 2:31am
nope, i dont need to, i got my point across :o))

[View Quote]

Desiderata

Sep 16, 2002, 10:17pm
Go placidly amongst the noise & haste, & remember what peace there may be in
silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all
persons. Speak your truth quietly & clearly; and listen to others, even the
dull & ignorant; for they too have their story.

Avoid loud & aggressive persons, for they are vexations to the spirit. If
you compare yourself with others, you may become vain & bitter; for there
will always greater & lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements
as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession
in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue
there is; many persons striving for high ideals; and everywhere life is full
of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about
love; for in the face of all aridity& disenchantment it is as perennial as
the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of
youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do
not stress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue &
loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees & the stars; you
have a right to be there. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt
the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and
whatever your labours & aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep
peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful
world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

*Found in Old St Pauls Church, Baltimore, Dated 1692*

How a blonde prints e-mail...

Dec 20, 2002, 3:43pm
Anduin... a brunette IS brown haired.....

its OK Blondie...we all forgive mistakes :o)))

[View Quote] > a blonde joke from my 11 year old (also a blonde) ;-"/ : 3 women are
> stranded on an island 50 meters from shore. One had brown hair, one was
> brunette and one was a blonde. The brown haired woman swam 5 meters and
> drowned. The brunette swam 10 meters and drowned. The blonde swam 49.5
> meters, decided it was too far, and swam back. ;-"D

Hmmmmm.

Q: What do you call three blondes under a Christmas tree?
A: HO HO HO

Muhahaha, sorry.
--
Anduin (317281)