Aw T shirts? i want 1! i wanna be a walking blillboard for aw! (General Discussion)

Aw T shirts? i want 1! i wanna be a walking blillboard for aw! // General Discussion

1  2  |

crazy pills

Jun 4, 2003, 6:19pm
where do i get 1! i need one i must have it! must show my geeky self to the
world!

no... dont do that... the fewer people that know you are a part of Active
Worlds the better..

brock

Jun 4, 2003, 7:39pm
For once in my life i agree with Mark.
Please don't bring in like 10, 15 losers, like yourself. We don't want them
here, just you is bad enough.

--
Brock - 308723 - DE Leader

[View Quote]

.duo.

Jun 5, 2003, 12:03am
He's rude, but be nice. Your insults are a lot more harsh.

No... My insults are based on what I think is best for AW.

john

Jun 5, 2003, 5:27pm
I cud prolly make ya 1, lol!

Get a transfer, get AW Icon, print really large (horizontally flipped)....
cut around, iron on, leave 76 hrs b4 washing & only wash with cold water.

:-D

[View Quote]

.duo.

Jun 5, 2003, 7:09pm
You can't just get rid of people you don't like in real life, so why should
you be able to in VR? I honestly think that what's good for AW is tolerance,
not great amounts of authority. The authority is worse for AW then people
who are rude. No one wants to go somewhere where you have greatly reduced
freedom of speech. There are people who are rude in real life, and same in
AW. You know what you do about people like that in real life? Live with the
bother. You know what you should do in AW? The same.

Incorrect.

Just because rude people exist in real life doesn't mean we should also
put up with it in AW. For one thing, if you can't control your rudeness
in a text-based environment like AW, where you can actually take the
time to think out your responses carefully, then maybe you shouldn't be
socializing in the first place.

So, in order to control the morons who can't seem to control their
fingers, we kick people out who are being exceedingly rude, whether it's
their first offense or their 100th offense. Don't like it? Feel free to
take your business elsewhere.

As for the real life rude people, you don't have to live with them,
either. You can always punch them in the face! :)

Free Speech does not equal Free Stupidity
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

shred

Jun 5, 2003, 9:47pm
[View Quote] Somehow I doubt that a rude person is going to agree with this sentiment. The people who are *truly* anti-social generally _don't_ socialize. The rude people you see on the Internet are just attention-seekers. If they really hated people and hated talking to them (hence the reason to be rude), then they wouldn't be hanging around populated areas or frequently posting in newsgroups. No, what you're talking about is the "look at me!" syndrome.

> So, in order to control the morons who can't seem to control their
> fingers, we kick people out who are being exceedingly rude, whether it's
> their first offense or their 100th offense. Don't like it? Feel free to
> take your business elsewhere.

"We"? Who is this "we"? If you're referring to AWI, then you must be hallucinating. "Whether it's their first offense or their 100th offense" isn't exactly true. AWI will only ban a citizen from Activeworlds if a serious or repeat offense has been committed (especially with the dwindling number of citizens willing to pay their prices). Unless you happen to call JP's mother a bitch, anyway :P. Tourists may be another matter, but with finances the way the are, I don't think AWI is going to get rid of a citizen just because someone cries, "Mommy, mommy! He hurted my feelings!". The said citizen would have to be repeatedly abusive to warrant action on AWI's part.

The Peacekeepers aren't of any assistance, either. The PKs rarely even *breathe* outside of AlphaWorld GZ. I seem to remember SW Comit bringing this to attention rather recently. People are allowed to bring bots in and crash social events just for the hell of it. This kind of stuff happened even in the days when Alpha Prime was still kicking. Now AlphaWorld's nickname should be changed to Alpha Abandoned. Where AW used to harbor more than a hundred people at any given time, it now usually holds thirty. Mutation, AWGate, and AWTeen are frequently more popular than AlphaWorld (Mutation being privately owned). With AlphaWorld now a comparative ghost town, the PKs are pretty much defunct.

> As for the real life rude people, you don't have to live with them,
> either. You can always punch them in the face! :)

This coming from an old-time advocate of the mute feature. I assume you're joking, but if not... well, I can't say I agree with you. Physical violence isn't a solution to an annoyance, especially in "civilized" America. If you punch a person whom actually bothers to press charges, you will probably get off with a warning, but such things aren't good for your image. If someone is rude to you, then don't socialize with them. If they're repetitively abusive (note that there is a huge difference between rudeness and abuse), go to a higher authority. The law system may not be perfect, but it's certainly not going to be improved by vigilantes.

ciena

Jun 5, 2003, 10:06pm
LMAO!!

Crazy pills may be rude, but his actions don't warrant getting kicked out of
here. Especially if you think back to the JFK2 days. Should he be held
responsible for his actions? Yes. Does that mean we should all shun him?
Not at this point. Admonish, but do so in a loving spirit.

Chris
Anticipates the incoming e-mail... ;)

[View Quote]

binarybud

Jun 6, 2003, 10:54am
Right on Goob!!!
I like it when eloquent people say exactly whats on my mind...:)

Yes, I was joking about the "punch them in the face" bit. I would think
you'd know my brand of humor by now. ;P

As for your second point, I don't think you can blame the lack of
visitors in AW on PKs, or even on rude people. It's simply because of
the price increase that most people have taken off for points unknown.
And the only way for that to be reversed would be for AWI to either a)
lower the prices again, or b) somehow make AW *worth* the price
increase. And as it stands right now, I don't see either of those
options occurring anytime soon. :-/

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Over your head
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

shred

Jun 6, 2003, 2:45pm
[View Quote] I never take you for granted ;-)

> As for your second point, I don't think you can blame the lack of
> visitors in AW on PKs, or even on rude people. It's simply because of
> the price increase that most people have taken off for points unknown.
> And the only way for that to be reversed would be for AWI to either a)
> lower the prices again, or b) somehow make AW *worth* the price
> increase. And as it stands right now, I don't see either of those
> options occurring anytime soon. :-/

I didn't mean to blame AlphaWorld's abandonment on the PKs; I was just saying that they aren't much help in taking care of troublemakers outside of GZ.

But you're right about the price increase not being the total reason that AW lost its visitors. People are willing to pay much more money for online games than AW's comparatively feeble $6.95 per month. Granted, AW's technology isn't on par with programs like Second Life, but those programs have an ant-colony of developers and a budget that could get the United States out of debt.

Still, there are relatively outdated programs with a larger user base than AW. As you said, people would be willing to pay the raised prices if AW was worth the dough. AW's technology is sufficient to support a growing user base, though. The real problem, I think, is a combination of lack of community involvement and a complete void where AWI's marketing department should be.

Anyway, speaking of marketing... whatever happened to Murasaki's banner rotation idea?

crazy pills

Jun 6, 2003, 5:00pm
What The Fudge!

this goes from a simpel question nicely asked about how to ge ta aw t shirt
to a debate on aw rules you guys are messed up yeah sum peeps hate me but
theres a whole lot more that like me...

Now ill ask one more time where do i get the aw t shirt....

no arrogant remarks, no comments about me or my spelling, just a simpel
answer was all i asked you stuck up hypocritical people

PS:Strike has 2 sites about people hating him so strie you butt out,
especially on a simple thing like this where i politely asked you!
[View Quote]

stecloud

Jun 6, 2003, 5:25pm
er....maybe, Bingo *shrug*

Just ask ENZO for one - i'm sure they aren't regarded as 'Star Prizes'
anymore.

[View Quote]

binarybud

Jun 6, 2003, 5:29pm
In all seriousness GOOD LUCK! I was promised one months ago and even
asked twice since and nothing is coming my way. I gave up asking.
Thanx for nuth'in Nornny.

Leo aka BinaryBud

Your right... in civilized America punching eachother is not the answer...
Americans seem to prefer shooting eachother....

shred

Jun 7, 2003, 3:38pm
You've got it all wrong, you silly little Brit. We sue people for making our kids fat! :P

[View Quote] Wow. Talk about being European. Idiot.

Sorry... roughly what percentage of all none natural deaths are shootings???

[View Quote] Less than a percent. More people die by car.

Assult / Murder wise..

[View Quote] Even less. Most gun deaths are accidents, the rest of the majority are
in self defense, and a _VERY_ minute percentage are first degree, along
with unplanned murder. Assault != death.

stecloud

Jun 7, 2003, 7:15pm
I wish the UK wasn't part of Europe actually - well hopefully we won't be
joining tyhe Euro currency.

its about 20 to 40%

[View Quote] You said death. Try again, make sure to exclude everything else but death.

lioness.

Jun 8, 2003, 5:32am
You sound experienced. ;-"D

"stecloud" <stecloud at fsmail.net> wrote in news:3ee255d6
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I wish the UK wasn't part of Europe actually - well hopefully we won't be
> joining tyhe Euro currency.

Europe is a continent... I assume you mean the EU (European Union). In
which case I'd agree with you if I was british, the EU is a bunch of crap
and I'm glad Norway ain't part of it :-D

KAH

elyk

Jun 9, 2003, 3:55am
I'm sorry.....how did this whole post go from a "T-Shirt request," to
European currency and shootings?! *boggle* This happens when ppl really
need information from the newsgroups...they never get the info they
requested b/c the subject is always changed to something ridiculous. This
is like an A.D.D (Attention Deficit Disorder) newsgroup....no one can stay
on topic LOLOL.