Cy Nominations Officially Open! (General Discussion)

Cy Nominations Officially Open! // General Discussion

1  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  |

ambivalent

Jun 27, 2002, 9:45am
no, insanity has NEVER told me that it is his right under ANY policy not to
deliver and not to refund. please point me to any policy insanity has
regarding avatars other than 'delivery upon receipt'.

ambivalent

Jun 27, 2002, 9:46am
http://worldhosting.heartfall.com/docs/hfsg.html

there is the link his WORLD HOSTING SALES POLICY. there is no avatar sales
policy.

ambivalent

Jun 27, 2002, 9:50am
no, let's use this example. bob makes birdhouses. bob has a contract
stating delivery upon receipt. bob tells you it will take one week to
deliver your birdhouse. you order 5 custom birdhouses. you wait 6 weeks.
bob never makes the birdhouses. bob refuses to tell you when he will give
you the birdhouses. bob tells you he will give you a refund because he's
not about to rush to make your birdhouses. you finally tell bob you want
the refund he offered. bob tells you he doesn't like the way you asked for
the refund he offered, and that he's not making you any birdhouses, and not
giving you back your money. bob has defrauded you.

[View Quote]

ambivalent

Jun 27, 2002, 9:55am
whatever it is you have typed below is far removed from what happened. get
the facts before you spout off. i told insanity i want the avatars, as
ordered and agreed to, or my money back. that is legally what he must give
me. there is no 'cooling off period' (whatever that might be). his posted
policy is 'delivery upon receipt'. i agreed to wait one week instead.
that was in april. it is now almost july.

ambivalent

------=_NextPart_000_0087_01C21DB1.19EBDCE0

you are a liar. you refused to refund my $160. you never pointed me to =
any 30 day refund policy. if you did, post the email, and post the link =
to your 30 day refund policy FOR AVATARS. it doesn't exist.

i have numerous tgrams from you where i ask when you are going to =
deliver the avatars, and you responding 'next week', 'this weekend', and =
ad infinitum. then i have the tgrams where you refuse to give me a =
delivery date, and offer me a refund.

your policy is 'delivery upon receipt', and i previously posted the link =
to that. you told me it would take one week and i agreed.

you are such a liar, insanity. you steal my money, and then make it so =
much worse by posting your reprehensible lies and insults.

i would love to see you in front of a judge, attempting to explain that =
the reason you didn't refund my money is because of 'irrational =
hysteria'. especially with me standing there with copies of all your =
emails and grams refusing to finish and deliver the avatars.

[View Quote] 2. No one here ever refused to deliver any avatars. The fact is that =
the disgruntle party sent an e-mail and a telegram stating that she =
"Canceled" her avatar request and stated she did not want them sent to =
her. This cancellation was well beyond the 30 day time window and a =
large amount of work was already performed on the order which she =
approved of. =20

3. We are not obligated to ever refund anyone's money when irrational =
hysteria is the basis of the request.=20

Enough said already...=20

Hoping that people will find some peace, health & healing ...=20
Tip for the day... go get some sun light...=20

Filmkr & InSaNiTy=20
One and the Same, as it's always been stated throughout history...=20
=20

what i demanded a refund of is the $160 i paid him in advance for 5 =
avatars,=20
which he never delivered. he refuses to refund my money, and he =
refuses to=20
deliver the avatars. that's more than a 'dishonest factor' -- =
that's a=20
crime -- it's called fraud.=20
[View Quote]
------=_NextPart_000_0087_01C21DB1.19EBDCE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>you are a liar.&nbsp; you refused to =
refund my=20
$160.&nbsp; you never pointed me to any 30 day refund policy.&nbsp; if =
you did,=20
post the email, and post the link to your 30 day refund policy FOR=20
AVATARS.&nbsp; it doesn't exist.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i have numerous tgrams from you where i =
ask when=20
you are going to deliver the avatars, and you responding 'next week', =
'this=20
weekend', and ad infinitum.&nbsp; then i have the tgrams where you =
refuse to=20
give me a delivery date, and offer me a refund.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>your policy is 'delivery upon receipt', =
and i=20
previously posted the link to that.&nbsp; you told me it would take one =
week and=20
i agreed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>you are such a liar, insanity.&nbsp; =
you steal my=20
money, and then make it so much worse by posting your reprehensible lies =
and=20
insults.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i would love to see you in front of a =
judge,=20
attempting to explain that the reason you didn't refund my money is =
because of=20
'irrational hysteria'.&nbsp; especially with me standing there with =
copies of=20
all your emails and grams refusing to finish and deliver the=20
avatars.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"filmkr" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:nospam at privacy.com">nospam at privacy.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:3D1AA23C.DC09D183 at privacy.com">news:3D1AA23C.DC09D183 at privac=
y.com</A>...</DIV>Simply=20
because there are several who continue to try and terrorize others and =
post=20
lies here to attempt many harm, I will post the facts below.=20
<P>1. Never refused a refund ever. There are users who have received =
refunds=20
from us within the 30 days. This disgruntle party here was never =
refused a=20
refund. They were simply pointed to the 30 day refund policy.=20
<P>2. No one here ever refused to deliver any avatars. The fact is =
that the=20
disgruntle party sent an e-mail and a telegram stating that she =
"Canceled" her=20
avatar request and stated she did not want them sent to her. This =
cancellation=20
was well beyond the 30 day time window and a large amount of work was =
already=20
performed on the order which she approved of.&nbsp;=20
<P>3. We are not obligated to ever refund anyone's money when =
irrational=20
hysteria is the basis of the request.=20
<P>Enough said already...=20
<P>Hoping that people will find some peace, health &amp; healing ...=20
<BR><B>Tip for the day... go get some sun light...</B><B></B>=20
<P><B>Filmkr &amp; InSaNiTy</B> <BR><B>One and the Same, as it's =
always been=20
stated throughout history...</B> <BR><B></B>&nbsp;=20
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">what i demanded a refund of is the $160 i =
paid him=20
in advance for 5 avatars, <BR>which he never delivered.&nbsp; he =
refuses to=20
refund my money, and he refuses to <BR>deliver the avatars.&nbsp; =
that's=20
more than a 'dishonest factor' -- that's a <BR>crime -- it's called =
fraud.=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0087_01C21DB1.19EBDCE0--

binarybud

Jun 27, 2002, 11:21am
ok easy fix....just send her the avatars.... why not? that part has me
pondering.....hmmmm

Leo :)

binarybud

Jun 27, 2002, 11:47am
ok I'm done pondering....hehehhehe just a thought here.....
Filmkr....If you are not returning the moneys cause you've put too much time
into the avatars....then why not just give them to her since they must be
almost complete? it makes no sense to say "I've put too much time into
them to refund her money", then have nothing to show for your time. This
just stikes me as questionable.

Leo :) aka BinaryBud
[View Quote] what i demanded a refund of is the $160 i paid him in advance for 5 avatars,
which he never delivered. he refuses to refund my money, and he refuses to
deliver the avatars. that's more than a 'dishonest factor' -- that's a
crime -- it's called fraud.
[View Quote]

ambivalent

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C21DC0.A8CF9D20

sorry to be posting so much today, but i am absolutely livid i simply =
am not going to sit back and let him post his lies and insults without =
response. the truth prevails. right prevails. goodness prevails. i =
can not and will not allow this man to promulgate his lies and abuse =
without response.

that man saw a situation in which he was sitting there with my $160, =
knowing he had done LITTLE work on my avatars (all he has done is taken =
the 4 fairies you see in Mayumi and tack curls on their hair which he =
couldn't get on right), he got pissed off because i cancelled my HOSTING =
SERVICES, and said to himself 'i'm not going to make those avatars, and =
you know what? i'm not going to give her money back either.' why? =
because he thinks he is above the law. because he has this concept of =
himself, shown many times right here in this NG, that he is somehow =
bigger and better than everyone else. special. laws and rules and =
morals and ethics apply to everyone else -- but not to him.

that's it -- i need to finish this post. sorry. i know it's long. as =
soon as i'm done being so pissed off, i promise i won't post so much.

----- Original Message -----=20
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

young phalpha

Jun 27, 2002, 8:38pm
no, I mean if he refunded you after most of the work was finished, his choice was to put it up
for public sale or free, but since it was custom he may not want to do that. If he refunded you,
one could say you took his time just as easily. Nothing you can say would justify him needing to
refund you.

- YP

[View Quote] (note to self. Nominate: Write in: Most imbecilic post in an active worlds
newsgroup: Young Phalpha)

[View Quote]

young phalpha

Jun 27, 2002, 8:40pm
Btw, how is my post imbecilic? It appears to be a perfect example of the use of human logic. If
you do wish to nominate me, be sure to use the Cy Awards nomination form, but you might want to
change imbecilic to logical. :)

- YP

[View Quote] (note to self. Nominate: Write in: Most imbecilic post in an active worlds
newsgroup: Young Phalpha)

[View Quote]

johnny b

Jun 27, 2002, 8:43pm
YP..... what you're missing here is the fact that the 30 day refund policy begins ON the date of
delivery...... period.... thats the way it WORKS.....

No Av's sent..... I.E. no delivery.... plain and simple, as the facts stand and the law recognizes,
this IS fraud.....

filmkr

Jun 27, 2002, 8:45pm
Goober, in theory you are correct. I even agree with you in majority to your
comments.
However... Several people including myself have written to
abuse at activeworlds.com have written Tom directly... and have even phoned Tom at
AW. Each response has been another excuse which directly conflicts with Tom's
posted AW policy prohibiting personal attacks and HATE posts. The bold was used
as emphasis to the fact that the serious question is out there...
This has been going on now for many weeks and it has traveled over several news
groups. It is a shame such trash is allowed and that AW is ignoring following
their own policies of banning users for personal attacks. Foul language, even a
personal attack of my parents was made and is public record... I simply would
like to see AW keep to their policies and NOT discriminate against myself by
allowing hate crimes to be committed against myself or any other user here.

[View Quote] > No need to get your bold text in a know, Insanity. The reason Glitter
> hasn't been kicked out is the same reason no one else has ever been
> kicked out (with a couple exceptions): No one's paying attention! If you
> want let Tom know what's going on, you need to contact him directly, not
> post it here in the NGs. He's not going to see it buried way down in a
> pointless thread!

[View Quote]

johnny b

Jun 27, 2002, 9:06pm
YP, that may seem sad, but thats the LAW my friend.... you dont deliver and keep the payment, you
BREAK that law....

Think of it like this......

If I was hired to install a computer network for a customer, Took payment from them, then never came
back on the day I promised to. They called for months, wondering when I was going to do the
installation. finally they informed me that they were cancelling the contract and wanted their money
refunded. I call back and say NOPE.... I'm keeping your money, because it's past 30 days ( or
whatever ) And I was almost ready to come do the job, I've purchased all the materials, done all the
necessary planning and hardware research, etc. etc. . is this NOT fraud ? They never took
possession of, or recieved said services or goods. Therefore I AM guilty of fraud... HAD I actually
come and began the installation, and they DID recieve services or goods, then things change.. thats
where litigation or arbitration comes into play..... you can't say it's not right just because you
think that's unfair of the customer or because my business is going to lose money.... It's very
simple... I am in business, If I DO this, my rear is going to end up in court...... the reasons
some people DON'T pursue legal recourse to being defrauded are generally due to their ignorance of
the consumer protection laws, the small amount of money lost, or the exorbitant legal fees amassed
during such litigation....... this is where dishonest "providers" many times, get away with such
crimes.......

just because you dont like it, or think it's not nice, really, honestly doesn't mean a thing.....
the law is the law...... that's just the way it is

JB

[View Quote]

filmkr

Jun 27, 2002, 9:07pm
Hi Binary,
Your question is reasonable... However the answer is complex and it is truly
not appropriate to post here.
However, two of the important facts are:
1. Never refused a refund.
2. Never refused delivery of avatars.

As for more facts... the hysterical and libelous comments from the disgruntle
person are so far from the truth. Further facts are that the person has seen
the avatars she had ordered and approved of their texturing and added features
with exception of one avatar . She claims nothing was ever done. Another fact
is that the person sends such vulgar e-mails, no one would care to read the
trash. In other newsgroups she has claimed so many other excuses and if I
recall, stated she would never even accept them if sent to her. So you see...
we are on top of this as best we can be here...

We would hope she would let a judge hear this... that would allow us a counter
suit for all the slander and libel as well as the intentional interference with
business relations of our customers among other things.

We also hope that the BBB would become involved so that we could reply to them
and that they could then explain the facts of life to the person. As it is now,
the person has violated licensing rights by sharing the avatars with other
worlds. Therefore we are owed licensing fees for those avatars she distributed
unlawfully.

So there ia always a bigger picture... the full picture is so simple... she
order many items... she received the majority of her order, in the process she
"freaked" out over a five minute ejection and then took continual bad advice
from people who are not worthy of clear unbiased thoughts. She has not been
rational ever since. Therefore we cannot do anything at this point until a
rational third party becomes "legally" involved. That is something I can only
hope happens soon.

Peace, health & healing to all...

InSaNiTy & Filmkr

[View Quote] > ok I'm done pondering....hehehhehe just a thought here.....
> Filmkr....If you are not returning the moneys cause you've put too much time
> into the avatars....then why not just give them to her since they must be
> almost complete? it makes no sense to say "I've put too much time into
> them to refund her money", then have nothing to show for your time. This
> just stikes me as questionable.
>
> Leo :) aka BinaryBud
[View Quote]

ambivalent

Jun 27, 2002, 9:08pm
thank you so much, YP for straightening me out. if you hadn't, i might have
gone the rest of my life actually thinking that when i buy and pay for
something i should get it!

lmao. i can see why insanity wants you for a friend. lmao. how much has
he bilked you out of? convinced you that you had to pay him, without giving
you any goods, or 'his business would lose money'? or 'take his time'?
ROFLMAO. i bet you're his favorite customer. oh my god my stomach hurts
from laughing. thanks, YP. i needed that.

[View Quote]

ambivalent

johnny b

Jun 27, 2002, 9:16pm
Simply because there are several who continue to try and terrorize others and post lies here to
attempt many harm, I will post the facts below.
1. Never refused a refund ever. There are users who have received refunds from us within the 30
days. This disgruntle party here was never refused a refund. They were simply pointed to the 30 day
refund policy.

Can YOU PROVE that claim ?? certainly you don't expect us to just take your WORD for it....

2. No one here ever refused to deliver any avatars. The fact is that the disgruntle party sent an
e-mail and a telegram stating that she "Canceled" her avatar request and stated she did not want
them sent to her. This cancellation was well beyond the 30 day time window and a large amount of
work was already performed on the order which she approved of.

Again...... PROOF ??

3. We are not obligated to ever refund anyone's money when irrational hysteria is the basis of the
request.

Hmm..... I suppose you're a qualified mental health professional TOO now ?? qualified, licensed,
and legally recognized to MAKE such a diagnosis ??
Irrational hysteria..... Hmm....... interesting legal precedent there.........

Enough said already...

Hoping that people will find some peace, health & healing ...
Tip for the day... go get some sun light...

Filmkr & InSaNiTy
One and the Same, as it's always been stated throughout history...

Now THAT'S the biggest crock I've seen you print in here YET ! Rest assured, nobody here has
forgotten (though YOU apparently have) your "interesting" habit of pretending to be someone else
and speaking of yourself in the third person...... NOT a clear cut attempt to confuse and befuddle
?, Hmmm....

You're truly a piece of work....

johnny b

Jun 27, 2002, 9:21pm
Looking at the grammatical content and patterns IN those posts, I'll say I personally do NOT believe
this to be TWO diffferent persons, Bud........

They're just TOO similar to take seriously.......

johnny b

Jun 27, 2002, 9:28pm
Well, actually, they DO Bud..... I WORKED in a hospital for three years..... and unless the patient
was in for psychiatric treatment, they WILL tell you if the person is there...... They'll even
tell you if that person passed away ...... I know for a fact, NOT speculating here....... they have
NO way of knowing who calls, or why.... what if you wanted to send flowers ?

You may choose to disbelieve, that's your right and priviledge, but I'm saying it's true.... from
experience.......

JB

johnny b

Jun 27, 2002, 9:31pm
YP, there IS no 30 day contract for AVATARS.... clearly stated on the site..... delivery apon
receipt of payment...... And just because YOU believe something to to be the way YOU see it, does
not make it a fact either..... you need to realize that it's your OPINION, and nothing more

JB

[View Quote]

young phalpha

Jun 27, 2002, 9:47pm
Laws vary state to state, and I doubt you'd find anything as to direct as to make Insanity
fraudulent, a judge would look at this, see that the client cancelled when work was almost
finished and expected a refund, the judge would be in favor of Insanity. There is nothing I am
missing :) If you do find laws, it might apply to stuff that is already made, not custom made.

- YP

[View Quote] No Av's sent..... I.E. no delivery.... plain and simple, as the facts stand and the law
recognizes,
this IS fraud.....

young phalpha

Jun 27, 2002, 9:53pm
Actually I haven't paid him a penny. I am just looking at the facts and anyone else who would
look at the facts would realize he doesn't owe you a penny, if he owes you anything its only the
avatars, but you seem to not want them, that is not his fault. I don't buy products from him. If
a business had done fraudulent practices towards me, I would make a complaint to the BBE or
other legal possibilities, not have everyone believe my hearsay. I'm glad it's amused you :)

- YP

[View Quote] lmao. i can see why insanity wants you for a friend. lmao. how much has
he bilked you out of? convinced you that you had to pay him, without giving
you any goods, or 'his business would lose money'? or 'take his time'?
ROFLMAO. i bet you're his favorite customer. oh my god my stomach hurts
from laughing. thanks, YP. i needed that.

[View Quote]

young phalpha

Jun 27, 2002, 9:58pm
Your example is quite wrong buddy :) Your example compares service to custom made product. He
had the product almost finished, your service was never done, so you keeping the money is fraud.
Him keeping the money is not fraud, only thing Insanity owes ambivalent is her avatars which he
spent time on, but, she does not want it. If she requests them in a few months, but does not
deliver, he might then be guilty of fraud.

- YP

[View Quote] Think of it like this......