pc hamster // User Search

1  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  22  |

VR Radio & TV Database - Is Anyone Interested??

Jul 8, 2003, 12:40am
Hi everyone:

I'm wondering about something....

If I were to maintain a VR TV & Radio Database, would people want to
contribute to keep it updated?? Maintaining such a Database wouldn't be
that hard of a job if the information is kept current and updated. There
could be virtual local as well as global and universal listings (depending
on just how far you want your content to be carried). The Database would be
a page on one of my existing websites or on the City of Hamsterville's own
website once it's built.

The reason why I say "virtual local" as well as global and universal because
some towns (mostly on AlphaWorld and AWWTeen) have virtual Radio or TV
stations which simply "relay" other universal content such as that from the
VR TV networks or Internet Radio stations by acting as an "affiliate" of a
particular network and sometimes (usually in the event of TV stations) use
the same call sign & channel system as their RL terrestrial Radio & TV
counterparts. An example of this is as follows in the City of
Hamsterville...

TV:
===

KSMW-TV 2 (VWTV)
KPDC-TV 4 (AirTV)
KBXD-TV 5 (SFTV)
KOBE-TV 8 (VWMP)
WHAM-TV 11 (XEON)

RADIO:
======

KPDC Internet Radio (Jeeper One)

Note that this isn't yet another means of promoting my fair city as it
pretty much gets enough promotion as it is. But rather the Database would
be of a means of promoting your own town by way of the town radio and/or TV
station.

Thoughts anyone?? Comments?? Tar?? Feathers?? FLAMES (GASP!)?? ALL OF
THE ABOVE (GASP!)??

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

VR Radio & TV Database - Is Anyone Interested??

Jul 8, 2003, 1:56am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] The VR TV Viewer is gone too as that's what motivated me to do a little
digging where I found a cached version of the old ActiveWorlds TV Directory
on Google. What I'm talking about goes beyond the networks. It would list
ALL the stations (even the local ones like the ones in Hamsterville and Yeti
City). All that would be required is that the 411 be current (which is, as
you pointed out, not easy to do).

Keeping the database current is where YOU - The rest of the AW Community -
come into play.

Of course, I'll do MY part, but keeping it current takes TEAMWORK. And all
that takes is a little EFFORT (even if all it is is sending off an email
pointing out a change of URL for a particular network or station).

With a little TEAMWORK, it really shouldn't be all THAT hard....

VR Radio & TV Database - Is Anyone Interested??

Jul 10, 2003, 4:02am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] If yhou're referring to KOBE-TV Channel 8, it wasn't the intent to name it
after basketball player KOBE BRYANT. Rather, it was to signify the
communities which is serves, one of which is OBOEVILLE, though once I
realized the error in the spelling of Oboeville, which I thought was
OBEVILLE, I thought about changing the call letters to KOBO (and may do that
if legally compelled to do so), but since it was already publicly mentioned
that KOBE were the call letters of the station, I decided to leave well
enough alone (especially since VWTV is providing LIVE COVERAGE of the AWEC
Festival this weekend).

Hope that helps clarify things :-)

Cheers for now :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado

P.S.: Kobe's got enough on his plate right now with the sexual assault
scandal to mess with something as petty as a TV station in VIRTUAL reality.

VR Radio & TV Database - Is Anyone Interested??

Jul 11, 2003, 12:27am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Ohh....That won't be a problem Brock. Though when it comes to local TV
stationslike the ones I have, if they're affiliated with any of the TV
networks such as VWTV, that too will be listed as well. :-)

Newsgroup CHARTER

Jul 10, 2003, 6:11am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] [snip...]

Ummm....Andras.....Ummm....I *think* you MISFIRED and *probably* meant to
put this in AW.Community on YOUR OWN server rather than on this one. If you
would like, I can forward it over there. :-)

*LOL!*

Cheers for now :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

Getting the word out about AW

Jul 10, 2003, 6:35am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Myabe you don't know this yet Bruce, but as Goober pointed out, TechTV *IS*
what USED to be ZDTV.

Having said that, doesn't CNET host a computer show that's like syndicated
on like hundreds of stations across America??? I seemingly recall threm
doing so....

Patrick

AirTV - OFF THE AIR ???

Jul 10, 2003, 7:29am
Hi everyone:

Getting snow on my AirTV station. Just wondering if AirTV is somehow OFF
THE AIR....

PC Hamster

AirTV - OFF THE AIR ???

Jul 10, 2003, 7:35am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Nevermind. AirTV is still with us Must've been a temporary server
glitch/delay..... *shrug*

Now I wonder if XEON will survive WITHOUT Richard since it appears as though
he's leaving......

Cheers for now :-)

> PC Hamster

AirTV - OFF THE AIR ???

Jul 11, 2003, 12:29am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Yeah.... :-)

Luckily, it was just a temporary glitch somewhere down the line. :-)

PC Hamster

AirTV - OFF THE AIR ???

Jul 11, 2003, 7:05pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] This is WONDERFUL news Bruce because *IF* XEON-TV ever does go away, I, for
one, would want to have another network for WHAM-TV 11 to fall back on. :-)

Cheers for now :-)

AirTV - OFF THE AIR ???

Jul 15, 2003, 10:08pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Yeah but the URL above (with the update=10) seems to have NOTHING but
this....

"IF YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCESS CTV, THE LINK IS
http://www.solarisdx.net/ctv/ctv.php UPDATE=10". Note this DOES NOT change
to anything else. Hardly worth dumping SFTV for right now.

And as for AirTV, it was doing fine until this past Sunday. Did you take it
off the air??

As for the TV station which had AirTV, it's now carrying (The All New?) DFTV
network (which BTW, I *must* say I kinda like :-)). Though with XEON's
future in doubt, I just may have room for the new CTV on WHAM-TV 11 (the
current XEON affiliate) when CTV officially relaunches (I've never really
been crazy over SFTV to begin with!).

And even if XEON stays, there's still room by way of the current SFTV
affiliate anyway. So either way, you don't lose. :-)

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

its a nice day in AW

Jul 12, 2003, 8:04am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] You mean AW **FINALLY** decided to LISTEN to us and allow Tourists back onto
AW (but WITHOUT building rights?) or is that too good to be true??

If IT IS true, then.....

> Wahoo!

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
Hamsterville Ground Zero - AW 5000N 272E
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

its a nice day in AW

Jul 13, 2003, 5:38pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Hopefully they'll see the light to KEEP AW tourist enabled 24/7/365 (366
during leap year). But then again, that might be asking *too much* of
"poor" AWI.....

Or would it??

PC Hamster

Aw video5 released

Jul 17, 2003, 1:58am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I'm going to collect these, use STOIK Video Converter to convert them back
to .AVI and then re-encode them in the new Nullsoft Video NSV format for use
on my TV station when it goes on the air. Would that be okay with you??
:-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
Hamsterville Ground Zero Area - AW 5000N 272E
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

Aw video5 released

Jul 17, 2003, 3:30am
Hi evereyone:

[View Quote] Gee is THAT all??? At http://www.digitraxx.com/vvindex.html it said the
price was $699 (Digitraxx' own price was $279.95). Who's got THAT kind of
$$$ to be WASTING on A PIECE OF SOFTWARE???

I sure as heck don't.

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
Hamsterville Ground Zero Area - AW 5000N 272E (The ALL NEW Kalifornia Hotel
Hamsterville is just off to the left :-))
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

Aw video5 released

Jul 17, 2003, 9:24pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Ahh....But THIS won't be viewable with the Aw Browser. This will be regular
streaming video. Although |Hamsterville events will be covered extensively
by this station. For more info. on Nullsoft Video, check out
http://www.nullsoft.com/nsv/

Cheers for now :-)

---

apparentely a thread has been thwacked...

Jul 17, 2003, 3:37am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Ohh......So does this mean that ISPs shouldn't terminate someone's access
simply because they're a "first time" spammer??? GIMME A BREAK!!!!

It may be a different situation, but the analogy is the same.

PC Hamster

P.S.: In the spirit of the Community NG Guidelines, I propose we move this
to the General Discussion group. :-)

---

Who turned out the lights?

Jul 17, 2003, 9:15pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Now if they can get it to rise and set at random sunrise and sunset times
and intervals according to the time of year and according to VRT, that would
be FABULOUS!! :-)

PC Hamster

---

Who turned out the lights?

Jul 19, 2003, 6:08am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Well then....How 'bout some good ol' WX (that's WEATHER for those who don't
know "Ham" lingo :-))?? :-)

PC Hamster

---

Who turned out the lights?

Jul 19, 2003, 8:02pm
[View Quote] Naah....VRT would be better IMO... :-)

PC Hamster (who's just living up to a challenge by Ferrucio and SW Comit
with the "Hi everyone" part of his posts :-))

---

The Cy Awards 2003!

Jul 19, 2003, 8:19pm
[View Quote] Alpha....You may wanna take a look at this, but on the page
http://www.awcommunity.org/cyawards/committee100.html it appears as though
you put YOURSELF on the list of those TO BE REMEMBERED - WHO ARE NO LONGER
AMONG THE LIVING IRL!!!

In other words....You don't plan to DIE sometime before the Cy Awards, do
you???

I hope I just simply misread the page. It would be a shame to see you
go....

ROTFLMAO! :-)

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado

---

NEEDED - Ligting Fixtures

Jul 17, 2003, 9:41pm
Hi everyone:

I'm in need of some lighting fixtures (names chandeliers) for my pub (in
fact, I need some in order to see to put in the furniture). Only one small
problem. WHERE DO I FIND 'EM?? Not even Lara's Object Yard seems to be of
any help.

Anyone got any ideas?

pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

NEEDED - Ligting Fixtures

Jul 19, 2003, 1:20am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Well...Chandeliers *won't* be THEW ONLY form of lighting, though I'll put
those in the more formal dining room which I have set aside for large groups
such as AW Community, AWHS, and practically anyone else wanting a
semi-formal gathering place. :-)

> Hotel

---

NEEDED - Ligting Fixtures

Jul 19, 2003, 1:22am
[View Quote] Thanks Comit. Will look into it. :-)

PC Hamster

---

Decleration of Independence (AW)

Jul 21, 2003, 12:57am
[View Quote] How can you expect to understand a document (or it's "logic") written by
someone who has some SERIOUS mental issues? That woman needs a REALITY
CHECK!!!

Ohh wait....She's already had a few of those issued to her.

I wouldn't mind seeing her declare her independence *FROM* AW....

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster

---

Decleration of Independence (AW)

Jul 21, 2003, 12:59am
[View Quote] Not to mention ACCOUNT DELETION too.... :-)

PC Hamster

---

Decleration of Independence (AW)

Jul 21, 2003, 1:08am
[View Quote] I wished you would've KEPT it down PERMANENTLY as the "logic" (if you can
call it that) makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!!!!

Then too, the text didn't make any sense either. Just a bunch of words
jumbled together to make sentences and paragraphs. That all.

Just my opinion....

PC Hamster

---

Declaration of Independance (The Lady)

Jul 21, 2003, 1:13am
[View Quote] Brock.....Did you REALLY need to start a WHOLE NEW THREAD - JUST FOR
THIS?!?!?!?

It's bad enough TheLady does it. Not only that, but I think Goober's post
in the original thread sums it up quite eloquently (which is typical of
Goober :-)).

Don't get me wrong Brock. I think TheLady needs help too, but THE LAST
thing WE need to be doing is MOCKING HER HABITS.

Just my opinion

PC Hamster

---

Citizen Ship hacked

Jul 23, 2003, 8:24pm
[View Quote] Victims OF WHAT???? THEIR OWN STUPIDITY????

> Then at least we would know they are aware and
> care about the problem. A posting, a message on the web, a sign at the
> gate...Something....

Which is why they periodically remind uss via IMMAGRATION OFFICER as we log
on (you DO *READ* these messages, do you?) to NOT download ANYTHING from
people you don't know!!! What more do you want??? A big huge sign5.rwx at
AWGate and AW GZ which ALSO tell you this???

Don't get me wrong as I also think what this person did was cruel and wrong,
but doggone it Shia, YOU HAVE TO READ!!! You ALSO need to know when to
excercise a little something called COMMON SENSE!!!!!

In other words, what do you tell your kids (assuming you have kids) to do if
they're ever approached by a stranger IRL?? You tell them to RUN AWAY AS
FAST AS POSSIBLE, don't you?? Well....Picture yourself in the shoes of your
kid when you're online and someone offers you a file that they describe as
"cool".

Just a little common sense....

Cheers for now everyone :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
Hamster Ground Zero Area - AW 5000N 272E
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

Citizen Ship hacked

Jul 23, 2003, 9:03pm
[View Quote] This would get killed by any good popup killer program (I employ TWO such
programs when I browse the web! :-)).

> Or putting pertinant info in red or some other color that would stand
> out as something new?

How 'bout a big ol' sign5.rwx as I once suggested in my response to Shia's
2nd post with the text being the same as the IO message being placed at AW
and AWGate GZ??? Better yet, why not a group of 'em??? You can't POSSIBLY
miss THAT???

Then again.....

> I don't think alot of people are really reading green text anymore. It
> becomes too common to see just a welcome message on landing in AW.
> Right now there are 3 welcome messages at the gate...the one about
> hacking gets lost at the top and dissappears immediateley if any one is
> chatting there (which happens regularly).

As it does if you land at AW GZ.....

Cheers for noe :-)

pchamster at comcast.net