Aw video5 released (Community)

Aw video5 released // Community

1  2  |

pineriver

Jul 16, 2003, 2:02pm
http://aw31.netfirms.com
This is a video that I have done to promote active worlds, check it out :)

weizer

Jul 16, 2003, 2:13pm
WOW. it's awesome. The quality is excellent as well. Frankly, it's
wonderful. Keep up the good work!

-Weizer
"pineriver" <pineriver at thenett.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f15771a at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> http://aw31.netfirms.com
> This is a video that I have done to promote active worlds, check it out :)

builderz

Jul 16, 2003, 2:33pm
Very well done! I think you should figure out some way to market these
videos or to get non-AW users to see them. I think the same technology
could be used to make a short 30 second TV ad (if AWI had the money or
willingness to advertise, that is). Maybe you could try and get one or
more of them included in a CD-ROM with a popular magazine or related
conferences or seminars (maybe the AW reunion).

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

crazy pills

Jul 16, 2003, 2:52pm
bravo
[View Quote]

brant

Jul 16, 2003, 3:47pm
Awesome! I'm getting paid to make multimedia videos and presentations and I
can't do anything nearly as good as this one. You have some talent!

By the way, what software are you using, and is it affordable? VideoStudio
5 is not sufficient for making videos like this - maybe you can help me out
with a software package.

[View Quote]

pineriver

Jul 16, 2003, 4:22pm
wow, I just use abobe after effects for the timeline and bruce5 for the
scenes.
you would have to check there websites for the prices and all. I have
collected the software throughout the years
[View Quote]

robbie

Jul 16, 2003, 4:22pm
Adobe Premier 6 is the Daddy for Video Suites IMO. No software can make
special effects easy, its just generally a difficult thing.

-Robbie

[View Quote]

sw comit

Jul 16, 2003, 4:49pm
omg that was *awesome*. Great work! I like the end where it flies into the
clouds like that =O

[View Quote]

brock

Jul 16, 2003, 5:24pm
Awesome As usual
*sets up mirror as he always does*
Oh and uh Pine, spelled thousands wrong :)

--
Brock - 308723 - DE Leader
[View Quote]

brant

Jul 16, 2003, 6:16pm
Well, I didn't say I needed it to be easy; I just said that I wanted it to:

1. Be available (not like the obsolete software I use)
2. Be intuitive

I like Videostudio 7 as it has just about everything I need, but it's $99.
I wonder if Premier would be cheaper - time to go surfing...

[View Quote]

brant

Jul 16, 2003, 6:18pm
Pine should burn these to DVD+/-R's and send out thousands out like AOL
discs - just imagine how many people would play them :)

[View Quote]

pineriver

pineriver

Jul 16, 2003, 8:26pm

themask

Jul 16, 2003, 8:56pm
Nice work. :)

brock

Jul 16, 2003, 9:37pm
*uploads the fixed version in place of the mirror he created*

MIRROR TO PINERIVER MOVIES:
http://www.iceflare.net/aw/movies/

--
Brock - 308723 - DE Leader
[View Quote]

ryan

Jul 16, 2003, 9:39pm
This is absolutely awesome ...has AWI considered using this on their
site as a "trailer" perhaps?

Ryan

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Jul 16, 2003, 9:42pm
Final Cut Pro...that is if you are on a Mac :P
--
-Miek Zimmer
*Mike

Vegas Video 4 has all the options of Adobe Acrobat and it's about 10 times
easier to learn.

Chris

And here's why I know so:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11233875&page=1

Read the testimonies here and decide for yourself. Both are powerful
editing suites. Vegas 4 is only $150 on an academic license if you're still
in college.

Chris

[View Quote]

sw comit

Jul 16, 2003, 9:59pm
lol DVD? Kinda expensive don't you think? Nothing wrong with video-CD =)

Even better, hand them on with those handy wallet sized CDs.

Chris

[View Quote]

brant

Jul 17, 2003, 12:38am
I think DVD-R is down to 90 cents now - don't know because I've been using a
DVD+R drive up until now. CD-RWs cost about 50 cents, so it's not too much
different...

-Brant

[View Quote]

sw comit

Jul 17, 2003, 12:46am
50 cents? owch where do you shop? I get em' for 15 =\

[View Quote]

pc hamster

Jul 17, 2003, 1:58am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I'm going to collect these, use STOIK Video Converter to convert them back
to .AVI and then re-encode them in the new Nullsoft Video NSV format for use
on my TV station when it goes on the air. Would that be okay with you??
:-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
Hamsterville Ground Zero Area - AW 5000N 272E
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

pc hamster

Jul 17, 2003, 3:30am
Hi evereyone:

[View Quote] Gee is THAT all??? At http://www.digitraxx.com/vvindex.html it said the
price was $699 (Digitraxx' own price was $279.95). Who's got THAT kind of
$$$ to be WASTING on A PIECE OF SOFTWARE???

I sure as heck don't.

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
Hamsterville Ground Zero Area - AW 5000N 272E (The ALL NEW Kalifornia Hotel
Hamsterville is just off to the left :-))
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

15 cents for a dvd cd? wow! i get a pack of hundred CD-Rs for more then
that, and buying in bulk is ment to make it cheaper! >_< costs me about
35cents a cd,

-SWE

lol! you have any idea how many thousands of dollars 3ds max and maya cost?
:)
well, it really depends on the type of liecense, but if i remeber correctly,
3ds max r4 was $5k for a single user liecense, or was that $7k? i cant
remeber....

-SWE

[View Quote]

weizer

Jul 17, 2003, 12:33pm
Ya I know professional video editing spftware they use fot the cinema its
about 10k$. Software can be very expansive.

-Weizer

"swe" <swe at swe-e.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f16a0d4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> lol! you have any idea how many thousands of dollars 3ds max and maya
cost?
> :)
> well, it really depends on the type of liecense, but if i remeber
correctly,
> 3ds max r4 was $5k for a single user liecense, or was that $7k? i cant
> remeber....
>
> -SWE

[View Quote]

pineriver

Jul 17, 2003, 12:40pm
That would be great with me, although I dont think the pixel resalution
would be high enough

> I'm going to collect these, use STOIK Video Converter to convert them back
> to .AVI and then re-encode them in the new Nullsoft Video NSV format for
use
> on my TV station when it goes on the air. Would that be okay with you??
> :-)
>
> PC Hamster
> Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
> Hamsterville Ground Zero Area - AW 5000N 272E
> pchamster at comcast.net
> Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
>

> ---

brock

Jul 17, 2003, 12:42pm
Not ANOTHER tv station, god it's not like we dont have enough crap tv
stations anyway.

--
Brock - 308723 - DE Leader