andras // User Search

1  ...  31  32  33  34  35  |

Present Hunt is running!

Dec 17, 2005, 11:18pm
Annual MultiWorld Christmas Present Hunt!

28 participating worlds.
Total Objects=233,596 .
Total Scores=1,712,329 .
2 and 1/2 days left from the hunt.

Thanks to the donors, we have plenty of prizes lined up! (is is still not too late to get additional prizes)

You can find the details at:
http://www.jtechwebsystems.com/%7Eblupearl/multiworld/multiworld.html

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

splash wav?

Dec 19, 2005, 5:52pm
[View Quote] > Does anyone know of another splash wav?
> My fav .. freespace.virgin.net/david.gray3/AWorld/splash01.wav ... appears
> to be dead.
>
> ty : )

it should be in your cache/arts/misc folder. Save it!

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Take a Bet

Dec 23, 2005, 2:16pm
[View Quote] I never miss an opportunity to ruin your ego :)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Take a Bet

Dec 23, 2005, 5:47pm
[View Quote] Your bet is off :)

Let state that a kind reminder would be more helpful than a sarcastic comment.

Apologies to the community if my world's name was too long on the IO message.
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Take a Bet

Dec 24, 2005, 7:26am
[View Quote] > I like proper sleep also! I just don't get much of it.

My sincere apology to you! You are right - I shouldn't answer grams when I'm tired or nervous.

> Why is this posted here? Because what most would have taken as light
> hearted jesting about the IO message was once again met with your rising to
> chastise the innocent.

AWI is way understaffed and they can not remember to everything.
It was not my goal to "chastise the innocent" but tell that an email or gram to a staff member would solve the IO message problem.

> I highly suggest a long winter's nap or a lonnnnnng vacation! An apology
> for your rudeness wouldn't hurt either. Not everyone phrases things in the
> same manner and should not be publically admonished because they don't
> approach a subject in the way YOU would.

Apology to those who thought my post was rude.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Sitting there in 3.4

Jan 29, 2006, 6:21am
Hi MPL Knight,

I did not want to interfere with your threads but since you explicitly addressed me you'll find my responses inline ...

[View Quote] > TO ANDRAS:
> Freedom of speech is a glorious thing. Below you will find my public
> rebuttle to your friend Strike Rapier. What you will not find, is the
> swearing and threats unless directly quored from Strike.

I beg you pardon?
I never questioned the Freedom of Speech.
Friendship between Strike Rapier and me is oxymoron :)

<snip>

This was a reply for my email which contained only the following sentence:
"Now we have another self-appointed genius :)"

I hope I don't have to explain the meaning of it to you,
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

2nd time posting.. Looking for...

Dec 27, 2005, 9:06pm
[View Quote] > Programmers with knowledge of sdk that are willing to work at an affordable
> price... who can deal with deadlines and can program a rather complex and
> long bot.
>
> Telegram me in AW,
> John Tirado

Try to approach XelaG. He is an excellent bot programmer!

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

"Sneak peak" at AW 4.1 (different universe)

Jan 21, 2006, 7:42pm
[View Quote] I beg your pardon but just because you changed the Subject, this thread is not yours :)
The original thread started by deltaphc who thought his discovery worth a new thread (he forgot the check if someone already discovered SI :).

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

deleting

Jan 13, 2006, 11:30am
[View Quote] Straight from Outlook Express help:
"
To cancel a posted message

In the Folders list, select the newsgroup in which you posted the message, and then select your message.
On the Message menu, click Cancel Message.
Notes

You can only cancel messages that you posted.
After you cancel a message, it may take some time for it to be removed from your server and other servers on the Internet. Canceling a message does not remove it from another user's computer if the user downloaded the message before it was canceled.
"

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Titanic 3D???

Jan 13, 2006, 6:59pm
[View Quote] > Just deleted my cache and noticed a titanic.jpg and titanic.bmp in my splash
> directory next to the aw logo file.
>
> What is this??

Try AWEurope universe :)

www.aw-europe.com

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Admin tool

Jan 15, 2006, 6:43am
[View Quote] Stop the world server.
Edit the world.ini file:
[server]
password=youradminpassword

Start the world server.
On your other computer, within the admin tool: Click on Server/Edit... menu item
Change the name Default to something else you like.
Change the localhost to the IP of your world server (the local IP of that computer)
Leave the port set to 7777.
Fill in the password box with "youradminpassword".
Click OK.
Click on Server/Connect menu, select the newly created one and you are done.

HTH
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Lurkers REVOLT :)

Feb 23, 2006, 3:29pm
[View Quote] <snip chat>

Please fix your signature and your news reader.
According to the RFCs the signature length shouldn't exceed 4 lines 72 character each.
Your newsreader doesn't places your signature to the proper location (at the end of the message) but it puts after your posted text - effectively clipping the quoted text.
Install http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/ to make OE better behaving!

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

[Fw:Freebies]

Feb 25, 2006, 12:55pm
I forwarded that post from my NG to here because Scented Nectar dos not have a citizenship.
Nice textures for everyone!