Seaside (Community)

Seaside // Community

1  2  |

talisan

May 14, 2006, 1:38am
Before I delete Seaside, I would welcome all of you to come and visit and
experience the wonderful modeling of the unnamed party. I will give a week
to this and hope everyone enjoy's the experience as much as I have. There
are some wonderful spots and inspirations. I will unfortunately have to
restart the world later on... the worlds renewal is up and I can not
currently afford the tithe. I hope you enjoy your brief visit however.
Please come.

As a side note, Steel is coming up for renewal even sooner than Seaside.
Steel will not currently be renewed. Perhaps sometime down the road when I
can afford it. I would like to thank all the parties that have contributed
to it and I am so sorry I can not currently continue it. I do intend to do
so in the future. Thank you so much for your past support.

-Talisan

talisan

May 14, 2006, 2:03am
Seaside will expire Jun 3, and Steel will expire May 23. Please enjoy.

syntax

May 14, 2006, 3:28am
Make sure to save your property dumps.. ;)
--
Syntax | www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

baro

May 14, 2006, 3:42am
I always save all my dumps!

ltbrenton

May 14, 2006, 7:43am
That's gotta hurt.

why? it might get a little messy, but doubt it's painful if you have the
right setup.

-SWE

[View Quote]

orb

May 14, 2006, 6:49pm
Gosh I just read this. Wow I'm stunned. Since you put this out to the
public I'll respond. But, I have to wonder your motive for doing this
initially. Still ,thank you for apologising Talisan. Although I couldn't
understand a lot of that perspective. I don't care if you or anyone likes
my models. All that matters is that I like them. I try to do a good job
and I do sell some models because I need the money. You were a friend in
AW. Lots of times other cits help by working in another persons world ,
whether it's with building for them or making models, and that is all I was
doing...and those models belong to the person who made them even if the
model maker donated them to the world owner. Ask anyone in AW that sells
models. If anyone would like the trees please let me know. I had made
most of them prior to working in Seaside and planned on working on them
further and right now not feeling so good since this thread. So, it will be
a little while before I get back to working on trees. Some of the plants
as some of you know are free on my webpage in the Freebies section as are
several other gifts. And talisan thank you for contributing some starter
textures. I am not mad at you at all. Just still very hurt at this point.
This whole thing began with a question I had asked about your sign which was
very uncomplicated. *sighs*

talisan

May 15, 2006, 3:35am
I certainly will be saving prop dumps, etc. I really wish I had some prop
dumps from earlier versions of Steel... there were some really awesome
builds people made I would really like to revisit. Ah well... my memories
will have to serve by themselves.

[View Quote]

talisan

May 15, 2006, 3:36am
Hmm, do you have a jar for each one? NM!

sw comit

May 15, 2006, 3:46am
One might say this thread went down the toilet ;D

[View Quote]

talisan

May 15, 2006, 3:48am
Oh, so so sad!

talisan

May 15, 2006, 4:18am
I am so sorry for the midunderstanding Orb, I definitely did apologize for
posting this to the newsgroup... however, I respectfully decline to
apologize to you for the content of the message. I agreed to make some prize
objects at your request... you then hounded me for answers on those prizes
which I gave to you, you made claims to me that I was making prizes that
were too good for the contest and asked me if I was sure. I told you I would
have to get back to you, and then you proceeded to tell the organizer of the
contest that I had withdrawn my submission. Not only that you sent me some
very nasty grams, which you have not apologized for. Further, you now also
claim to be ill because of me. I very much enjoyed your modeling. I very
much enjoyed your company while building. I am so very sorry this all
happened. I will not take the blame for this failing however. I have
fulfilled my obligation to make the objects in question and I made them
better than I had originally proposed. Those objects are now with the
organizer of the contest and I truly hope the winners enjoy them.

orb

May 15, 2006, 12:35pm
Most of that isn't true . I didn't hound you I asked what to put on a sign
and what YOU wanted to offer. You are totally taking things out of context
and just dragging this out so I'm not going to address anything else you
say. God Bless and Good Luck with your world.

talisan

May 15, 2006, 11:58pm
You are really scary.

talisan

May 16, 2006, 12:59am
It's ok Orb. Its no longer important. I had absolutely no reason to lie. I'm
now making the assumption(like you did) that you were in insuline shock and
can't remember what you said. I don't care anymore though. Live your life,
I'll live mine. As far as I am concerned, you're wacko. But as a side note,
you can't read apparently, Seaside is expiring. Be well, and I hope your
children grow up better than you.

orb

May 16, 2006, 1:26am
You've done nothing but try to slander me .. you're a foolish man. You're
rude insulting and you drink and then make posts. You're twisted man.

orb

May 16, 2006, 1:31am
Did you not write this yourself back a few posts: " I will unfortunately
have to
restart the world later on... the worlds renewal is up and I can not
currently afford the tithe. I hope you enjoy your brief visit however. "
This is where the confusion is since you said you would have to restart the
world. By the way very good childish insults there name calling and all
that. and "BE WELL" Sorry I don't comprehend Gorean behavior.

talisan

May 16, 2006, 2:15am
Wow, I am so thankful for you making my point. Be well.

syntax

May 16, 2006, 4:41am
Science Fiction
By Otis
See, we rule up in the air,
Cats in space.
In our feline starships
Eating tuna floating in the air as there's
No gravity.
Cats in space.
Every world that's been discovered
Felines are everywhere.
Into each new world
Conquering as we go.
Tails held high
In a majestic pose.
Onward we go through the night
Now we truly rule all worlds!

[View Quote]

syntax

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C6789A.B1735460

Science Fiction
By Otis
See, we rule up in the air,
Cats in space.
In our feline starships
Eating tuna floating in the air as there's
No gravity.
Cats in space.
Every world that's been discovered
Felines are everywhere.
Into each new world
Conquering as we go.
Tails held high
In a majestic pose.
Onward we go through the night
Now we truly rule all worlds!=20

[View Quote] <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<H2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D4>Science Fiction</FONT></H2>
<H3><FONT face=3DArial>By Otis</FONT></H3><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>See, we rule up=20
in the air,<BR>Cats in space.<BR>In our feline starships<BR>Eating tuna =
floating=20
in the air as there's<BR>No gravity.<BR>Cats in space.<BR>Every world =
that's=20
been discovered<BR>Felines are everywhere.<BR>Into each new =
world<BR>Conquering=20
as we go.<BR>Tails held high<BR>In a majestic pose.<BR>Onward we go =
through the=20
night<BR>Now we truly rule all worlds! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"talisan" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:wardaor at hotmail.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>wardaor at hotmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message </FONT><A href=3D"news:446951fc at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:446951fc at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; Wow, I am so =
thankful for=20
you making my point. Be well. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C6789A.B1735460--

garnet

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C678B9.26472F00

Kitty?? Did you say Kitty?? heres my new kitty :) =
http://garnet.0catch.com/pictures/newkitty9.jpg She helps me in =
CitBingo and my games :) http://garnet.0catch.com/pictures/newkitty8.jpg =
isn't she a cutie!!
------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C678B9.26472F00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Kitty?? Did you say Kitty?? heres my new kitty =
:)&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"http://garnet.0catch.com/pictures/newkitty9.jpg">http://garnet.0c=
atch.com/pictures/newkitty9.jpg</A>&nbsp;=20
She helps me in CitBingo and my games :) <A=20
href=3D"http://garnet.0catch.com/pictures/newkitty8.jpg">http://garnet.0c=
atch.com/pictures/newkitty8.jpg</A>&nbsp;=20
isn't she a cutie!!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C678B9.26472F00--

john1018

May 16, 2006, 10:29am
Kitty has a nicer seat than I do ;o)

[View Quote]

syntax

May 16, 2006, 2:35pm
Melts my heart that
--
Syntax | www.swcity.net

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C67919.D489C5E0

Bye Bye monitor O_O

--=20
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."=20
"It's our job to know..."=20
[View Quote] <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bye Bye monitor O_O</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>- Mark Randall<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk">http://www.temporal-solution=
s.co.uk</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"We're Systems and Networks..." <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "It's our =
job to=20
know..." </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"Garnet" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:red.garnet at verizon.net">red.garnet at verizon.net</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:4469b564$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:4469b564$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Kitty?? Did you say Kitty?? heres my new kitty =
:)&nbsp;=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"http://garnet.0catch.com/pictures/newkitty9.jpg">http://garnet.0c=
atch.com/pictures/newkitty9.jpg</A>&nbsp;=20
She helps me in CitBingo and my games :) <A=20
=
href=3D"http://garnet.0catch.com/pictures/newkitty8.jpg">http://garnet.0c=
atch.com/pictures/newkitty8.jpg</A>&nbsp;=20
isn't she a cutie!!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C67919.D489C5E0--

ciena

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C678EF.DFDDA6C0

awww how cute :) looks like she is near your puter. does she try to help =
u type hehe :)
[View Quote] <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>awww how cute :) looks like she is near =
your puter.=20
does she try to help u type hehe :)</FONT></DIV>
[...]

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C6790B.162AE970

OMG Yes she does :) shes such a sweetie.. she loves to sit there when =
Im on the computer.. she falls over onto my keyboard in her tossings and =
turnings in her sleep :) its been a while since Ive had a kitten and I =
forgot how adorable they are :) I call her pumpkin and my daughter calls =
her Lulu so shes Lulu-pumpkin :) and Strike.. she never uses her claws =
:) and John.. her cushion is nicer than my computer chair too!!! :) and =
thanks Syntax .. she melts my heart too :) (just ask anyone in bingo... =
I kinda spammed them with kitty pictures last week :) hahahaha )=20
[View Quote] <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>OMG Yes she does :)&nbsp; shes such a sweetie.. =
she loves=20
to sit there when Im on the computer.. she falls over onto my keyboard =
in her=20
tossings and turnings in her sleep :)&nbsp; its been a while since Ive =
had a=20
kitten and&nbsp;I forgot how adorable they are :) I call her pumpkin and =
my=20
daughter calls her Lulu so shes Lulu-pumpkin&nbsp; :) and Strike.. she =
never=20
uses her claws :) and John.. her cushion is nicer than my computer chair =
too!!!=20
:) and thanks Syntax .. she melts my heart too :)&nbsp; (just ask anyone =
in=20
bingo... I kinda spammed them with kitty pictures last week :) hahahaha =
)=20
</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"Ciena" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:nikona at comcast.net">nikona at comcast.net</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:446a3b64$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:446a3b64$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>awww how cute :) looks like she is =
near your=20
puter. does she try to help u type hehe :)</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"Garnet" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:red.garnet at verizon.net">red.garnet at verizon.net</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:4469b564$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:4469b564$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Kitty?? Did you say Kitty?? heres my new =
kitty=20
:)&nbsp; <A=20
=
href=3D"http://garnet.0catch.com/pictures/newkitty9.jpg">http://garnet.0c=
atch.com/pictures/newkitty9.jpg</A>&nbsp;=20
She helps me in CitBingo and my games :) <A=20
=
href=3D"http://garnet.0catch.com/pictures/newkitty8.jpg">http://garnet.0c=
atch.com/pictures/newkitty8.jpg</A>&nbsp;=20
isn't she a cutie!!&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C6790B.162AE970--

andras

May 16, 2006, 7:42pm
[View Quote] May I ask you to refrain from posting in html?

Thank you,
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

garnet

May 16, 2006, 8:02pm
well Andras, I only relpied to a post, I was forwarned about the html when I
originally posted the picture sites, but did not see another way to show
them. If you dont like it then dont look is about all I can say.

[View Quote]

talisan

May 16, 2006, 11:01pm
Seaside has been sanitized. Just terrain and attribs atm. It will still
expire Jun 3, but you are still welcome to visit it. Have fun!

talisan

May 17, 2006, 12:47am
If anyone wants the terrain dump and terrain textures from Seaside, please
email me. I will send them to you so you can use them for your own world. If
I ever renew seaside I will make new ones.