grimble // User Search

1  ...  25  26  27  28  |

Quick comment about 3.3

May 17, 2002, 8:15pm
Ummm ... there is only one SDK. The VBSDK is just a wrapper control for the
aw one.

http://www.activeworlds.com/sdk/

[View Quote]

Quick comment about 3.3

May 17, 2002, 8:16pm
cracked browser wouldn't do it ... the world server sends the messages. I
don't get what problem people have with being "spied on".

[View Quote]

Calling all PHP'ers...

May 24, 2002, 4:34pm
The best idea I've seen for publishing/sharing source code is essentially in
a BBS format, on the Perl Monks web-site, where you can people can add
comments and expand on the original code.

http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=13136 for an example.

Add to that a status maintained by the admin and people can make their own
minds up. I don't agree with having code reviewers really ... I think it
would be better to allow the source code to grow with the input from others.

[View Quote]

Calling all PHP'ers...

May 24, 2002, 9:16pm
I know what you meant and I don't think that's the way to go. If its going
to be reviewed, then it should be done before it goes on the site ... which
is silly really.

If people download EXEs then its their own responsibility to virus check it.
Its not like the existence of viruses is a little known fact. As far as
source code goes, if people just cut/paste code from places without
understaning it, more fool them. Lazy developers deserve all the trouble
they get.

[View Quote]

Does the Management bug roland, does it bug u?

May 29, 2002, 6:59pm
None of our business, that's what I think. And I don't see any reason why it
should be.

I really don't get what makes people here think that they're anything more
that the users of any other product. *boggle*

[View Quote]

Does the Management bug roland, does it bug u?

May 29, 2002, 8:05pm
No ... it was a business decision. As was the subsequent drop in price.

[View Quote]

Sequences in 3.3

Jun 1, 2002, 8:22pm
I'm sorry, but saying that you're going to screw something up in advance is
not an excuse for screwing it up. While this release has provided a number
of interesting features to the browser and significant steps forward in the
SDK, it has also had quite a radical effect on the appearance and feel of
some existing content. When that impact is in areas where the changes
provide no obvious tangiable (any??) benefit to the product at this time and
yet render widely used files useless, obsolete or poor, such as the new
animation engine appears to have done, you have to question the wisdom. To
throw this at people with no warning (and I don't regard a single statement
saying "we tried, honest!" as a warning) isn't really good enough is it.

All that a lot of worldowners (especially the less technically minded ones)
have now is some crap animations - animations that they (rightly) assumed
would continue to work as they did when they were first published.

Too many unwelcome changes in my view. Shame.

Grims

[View Quote]

3.3: First Impressions

Jun 8, 2002, 7:52am
Glitter Kitty means to lower the height of the plane in the RWX itself -
basically reduce the second argument (the Y-component of the 3D point) in
all the vertex commands by the amount you want to drop it by (0.01 is a good
place to start as GK said).

If you're not into RWX's, its a good little starter for you, but I'm sure
someone will help you if you send them the ground object in question.

Grims

[View Quote]

:)

Jun 15, 2002, 2:13pm
like a "make sense of this for me post" assistant?? hehe

Grims

[View Quote]

:)

Jun 15, 2002, 2:24pm
Hmmm ... the irony in that was almost painful. Should read

like a "make sense of this post for me" assistant?? hehe

Grims

[View Quote]

Another AW employee gone!

Aug 5, 2002, 5:16pm
Same thoughts here, although worded more like "well **** *** then you
****s".

The newsgroups are once again turning to crap because of small minded people
with "issues". Sad just ain't the word and I'm certainly not gonna miss it.

[View Quote]

Another AW employee gone!

Aug 6, 2002, 7:41am
Is MEDICADE the fizzy version then?

[View Quote]

Another AW employee gone!

Aug 6, 2002, 2:17pm
I guess my point was missed - that being that I don't care!

[View Quote] > ========================================
> "grimble" <grimble2000 at btinternet.com> wrote in
> news:3d4f99bc$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

Fwd: Security Update

Aug 14, 2002, 11:53am
Advertise a security hole in current software? With the idiots here that
think they're clever and funny? I think not.

[View Quote]

Needed: C/C++ Programmers!

Nov 3, 2002, 2:58pm
What am I missing here?

[View Quote]

Needed: C/C++ Programmers!

Nov 3, 2002, 3:05pm
I see ... the "weeee don't neeeed no steeeeenkin' looogic" train of thought.
Each to his own.

[View Quote]

memory leak bug fix Xelagots

Nov 14, 2002, 11:40am
Or alternatively XelaG can post about the availability of a patch and people
download and apply it.

Does it REALLY take that much effort for some people to apply a patch?

Grims

[View Quote]

memory leak bug fix Xelagots

Nov 17, 2002, 5:35pm
Well you obviously believe in other people making your life redulously easy
at the expense of their own (often precious) spare time. I'm glad I'm not
one of your friends. Words like "senselessly" in the context you use it are
very disrespectful.

Grims.

[View Quote]

memory leak bug fix Xelagots

Nov 17, 2002, 7:04pm
Sorry ... the tone struck me (and still does) as blunt and "expectant". Too
tired to bite my tongue on such things right now ...live with me or ignore
me. <shrug>.

Grims.
P.S. "ego the size of Jupiter"?? That's just silly. Barely bigger than
Alaska last time I checked. ;o)

[View Quote]

WILL EVERYBODY SHUT UP

Feb 7, 2003, 8:52am
Blocked sender more like.

[View Quote]

Calling out to the Community for help

Feb 7, 2003, 6:54pm
Aww crap! You posted this in here too??

My poor little over-filled ignore list ... gonna need a new one soon, this
one is getting worn out!

[View Quote]

SDK Developers : Pissed Off

Jun 18, 2006, 7:09am
I think a more considered, less sarcastic response would have been more
appropriate here.

People have bought citizenships and world licenses based on what
Activeworlds and the SDK did before the forced upgrade ... and the
combination of the changes brought in with 4.1 has clearly moved the
goalposts for many. Now even the design of existing SDK applications needs
to be readdressed because of changes in the platform.

Bearing in mind the level of communication and documentation from AWI
relating to 4.1, I think this type of complaint is only to be expected.
Clearly very few people knew what was coming and the impact it would have on
existing projects or new projects.

Grims

[View Quote]

SDK Developers : Pissed Off

Jun 20, 2006, 11:38am
"potential or possible" = "I wonder what's the best way to do it"
"very difficult, if not impossible" = a challenge!

[View Quote] > "presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible"

Telegrams

Jun 22, 2006, 8:14am
Items on my telegrams tab seem to start about an inch below the column
headers. There's been several updates to 4.1 already and since this is like
this, I guess its likely to just be me. None of the other tabs have this
problem.

Grims.

Telegrams

Jun 22, 2006, 5:04pm
Only seems to happen when a new telegram arrives. Let the tabs window
collapse back to the left and when you bring it back out, the additional
space is there until you restart.

Well since its "on the list", I assume its being looked at.

Grims

[View Quote]

Preserving AW History (build 130 included)

Jun 23, 2006, 11:55am
.... that can't connect to its own database at the moment :o(

[View Quote] > http://awnet.simplaza.net is a mirror service ...

Preserving AW History (build 130 included)

Jun 23, 2006, 12:27pm
Ahh .. sorry, ;)

[View Quote]

1  ...  25  26  27  28  |