The Eagle Has Landed (General Discussion)

The Eagle Has Landed // General Discussion

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

count dracula

Mar 19, 2003, 2:36pm
Jeez *LOL*
I think the goverment brainwash has worked very well in your case :)
May I ask how much TV time has all the anti-war demonstartions gotten on
your TV?

One thing I also find amusing, you speak " we americans" wanting us to
belive that what you say is what all americans say, yet if I say americans I
am accused of generalizing , how come ?

FYI, if you are looking for liers, do not go so far, you can start with your
own president. I am not saying that other do not lie either, of course they
do, but don´t belive your goverment is any purer.

Drac
binarybud <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3e7878ca$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> FYI i never watch CNN i prefer NBC news. and guess what.... our news
is news not made up government shit like goes on around the world. If our
news oganizations are not truthfull they do not last long .. We happen to
know the truth when it slaps us in the face, unlike many other nations. We
do have a freedom of speech....to let people like yourselves spout off your
drivel..... WE(as americans) can see right through your lies. Why you may
ask.? Because we have had free speech all our lives....we know how to
handle it. The people of MOST other countries cannot handle free
speech....so when they think they have the ability to speek freely....they
feel that speaking lies is ok....cause ya CAN do it...hehehe ... Lie on
people WE see right through it. <grin>

[View Quote]

count dracula

Mar 19, 2003, 2:37pm
Most interesting link, I hope all the Bush supporters will also read it :)

Drac
kf <none at junk.mail> kirjoitti viestissä:3E7753C4.7000 at junk.mail...
> http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Weapons_of_mass_deception
>

> :-)

[View Quote]

binarybud

Mar 19, 2003, 2:40pm
I sure do...:) by a long shot actually.

[View Quote]

binarybud

Mar 19, 2003, 2:41pm
yea I should hope so....:) i try and not take myself too seriously actually.

[View Quote]

binarybud

Mar 19, 2003, 2:53pm
and nobody brainwashes me here son i'm a little further along than that... I take in as much news as I can from around the world and I use my own brain to look it over and decide. I see a lot of anti-war stuff...and in fact i am actually anti-war. But when you have to fight cause no one else will, then so be it. BTW, my redition of fighting in this conflict would be to go in and get Saddam out. period.. only bombs let would be to knock out communications and anti-aircraft positions.

Geeez ,..... I wonder why Saddam is handing out chemical warheads to his "higher-rumps". Seems like thats enough to get some people excited huh? Even the French perked there heads up for a minute on that one...:)

Leo :)

CarolAnn, that's the problem. American people _should_ bounce
on idiots like Ryan even more than on people who do not accept
idiots like Bush.

If a german nazi would post here, it would at least annoy me
more than if a nazi from whoknowswhere posts.

funny, never thought someone so old, could be so immature and pathetic!
and its quite obvious what your forces are gonna do! kill everything, pure
and simple.
once again, the stupidity "insults". and, how exactly would you know how
smart or stupid i am huh?

emm, read the posts i was replying to..
he was making it personal, so i thought i might aswell also make it
personal.

[View Quote] No SWE, you're pulling NCC's psyche out of the hat now.

--Bowen--

baron sweetman

Mar 19, 2003, 6:55pm
"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in
news:3e789cb8$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Most interesting link, I hope all the Bush supporters will also read
> it :)

I am dutch, i lived in the middle east in the the 70's, i've been bombed
and hid in bombshelters. If i can choose between a corrupt and cynical
'leader' of Europe like France or Germany, or an airhead like Bush i'll
choose Bush anyday. Do we all forget where France was during the second
world war? Do we remember where the US was in those years?

I am frankly much more scared of a world where France is the leader then
where a cowboy is the leader.

did anyone ever read about the corruption of Chirac? How he only escapes
prosecution because he is the president? Do we recognise the vast
financial interests France has in Iraq? How Chirac until recently
greeted Saddam as ' a personal friend?'

Sure US cant wash its hands in innocence, their using Saddam as a pawn
against Iran we all remember. But if i have to choose between the gain
of removing Saddam and scaring the shit out of the other extremist
countries or leting France keep us on the road of complacency to further
their interest of 7 billion dollar development contracts i'll choose the
cowboy anyday.

For sure the cowboy needs a braintransplant, but i'd rather see the
middle east kick started into the present, instead of trying to placate
the inplacable.

binarybud

Mar 19, 2003, 6:56pm
LOL obvious? obvious? wow you need to get your head out of the sand son and you need to understand americans a little better you have no idea what your talking about period.

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Mar 19, 2003, 9:50pm
France isnt repsonsible for the many ppl that gonan die in this war , and
what politic isnt corrupt ?

When? That's too general.

Chris

[View Quote]

count dracula

Mar 20, 2003, 4:02am
I have always hated situations where I have to choose between 2 bad things;
I am a lazy s.o.b. so I prefer it to be easy :)

I just think it is dangerous when one country ( any country) takes law in
its own hands, it sets a bad example for others and can lead to a total
chaos in the end.

Drac
baron sweetman <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:Xns9343DEAA3C135petrossa at 64.94.241.201...
> "count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in
> news:3e789cb8$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

> I am dutch, i lived in the middle east in the the 70's, i've been bombed
> and hid in bombshelters. If i can choose between a corrupt and cynical
> 'leader' of Europe like France or Germany, or an airhead like Bush i'll
> choose Bush anyday. Do we all forget where France was during the second
> world war? Do we remember where the US was in those years?
>
> I am frankly much more scared of a world where France is the leader then
> where a cowboy is the leader.
>
> did anyone ever read about the corruption of Chirac? How he only escapes
> prosecution because he is the president? Do we recognise the vast
> financial interests France has in Iraq? How Chirac until recently
> greeted Saddam as ' a personal friend?'
>
> Sure US cant wash its hands in innocence, their using Saddam as a pawn
> against Iran we all remember. But if i have to choose between the gain
> of removing Saddam and scaring the shit out of the other extremist
> countries or leting France keep us on the road of complacency to further
> their interest of 7 billion dollar development contracts i'll choose the
> cowboy anyday.
>
> For sure the cowboy needs a braintransplant, but i'd rather see the
> middle east kick started into the present, instead of trying to placate
> the inplacable.

Attend a government class and maybe you'll understand. :)

Thank you for finally bringing some sense to this... discussion...
debate... thing. I'm glad that we can finally hear personally from someone
who's been though it. Experience, however unfortunate that word is in this
case, is the key to understanding situations like this. I'm glad that you
were able to survive.

Chris

I think the source was Reuters, which is an international outfit and a dash
of common sense.

Look pal, I haven't been accusing you of being a government puppet. So stop
with the hints at personal attacks, eh?

Everyone has an opinion. Mine's backed up with evidence. So is yours.
Even though I think you're wrong, and you think I'm wrong, who's to know who
is right?

If anything, arabicnews.com and the UN have a conflict of interest.

Chris

Nice to know you've single-handedly succeeded in bringing this discussion to
blows.

Chris

[View Quote]

mix master

Mar 20, 2003, 4:42am
I just thought I would let ya'll know I never knew there were so many idiots
in the world, and so much hate going around. I thought Saddam was an idiot,
but thats my opinion, I will not call people here stupid, especially people
I have known for a couple years. I am going to block this topic because I'm
sick of all the arguing. None of you seem to be able to have a debate
without name calling anymore. Or, were you ever able to have one without
name calling? gee.

Just lately in (after) Afghanistan.

[View Quote]

just in

Mar 20, 2003, 4:52am
agreed Mix...

Fair Dinkum folks! okay on stating your opinion... I stated mine a week
ago and left it at that.

But this posting on posting on posting on posting... sheesh! give it a
rest!

~ Justin

http://de.indymedia.org/2002/06/24070.shtml
(sorry, needs translator)

http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/forum/forumnew54.php

Their ignorance against the International Court in other task is
a problem too but does not fit into this thread (death penalty).
http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/de/aussenpolitik/menschenrechte/mr_inhalte_ziele/mrb/kapitel_3_html

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Mar 20, 2003, 9:07am
he never attacked anyone personal

"What did your press tell you this time"

Look, I take it back. I just realized I have said things similar to that.
Ooops... :) Well I'd like to apologize to anyone I said it to, because
everyone here does have a legitimate opinion, and many times the only way to
get that opinion is through the press. So guys, I'm sorry. Big mistake on
my part.

Thsi hypocrit is going back to bed.

Chris

[View Quote]

ubermonkey

Mar 20, 2003, 2:04pm
Maybe we're all just getting bored waiting for 3.4... I know I am. =D

[View Quote]

ubermonkey

Mar 20, 2003, 2:10pm
IMO it's never a good idea to sink yourself to the level of your opponent.
Just because the other guy moves on to pointless insults doesn't mean you
need to. In fact, if you can avoid it, and your opponent cannot, it might
just make a more significant point.

[View Quote]

ubermonkey

Mar 20, 2003, 2:26pm
As biological creatures living in synthetic environments, few if any of us
reach true psychological maturity. In fact, many people over the age of 50
are still functioning on brain circuits intended for children at about the
age of 10. We're sheltered and kept 'safe' from the real world, until one
day we're suddenly exposed to the truths of human civilization, the horrors
and the corruption. Then, everything bursts out, and it intends to take the
rest of the world down with it. We're angry because we've been forced to
become 9-5 slaves for governments that doesn't care about us aside from our
ability to fill a slot designed for a warm body, not because of our
differing opinions. The aggression is just there, under the surface, waiting
to explode at the first mention of an alternate perspective.

Cut to the real issue here: We're all slaves, our natural habbitats have
been destroyed, we all lost our childhoods to institutionalized education,
and we are seriously pissed off about it (even though most of us don't
realize it or are in deep, deep denial over it).

We're freakin' brain-monkeys! We don't want to fill out paperwork for 8
hours or program boring utilities for uninteresting companies, we want to
run around in the forests and dedicate our minds to creativity, and if
anyone disagrees with that, then get the hell off our planet you alien scum
and stop building so many hideous factories (<--- there's that anger I was
just talking about.. we're full of it, and we just can't wait to find a
target =P)

UberMonkey (dude, that's like, some kinda ... monkey. Whoa.)

[View Quote]

carolann

Mar 20, 2003, 2:41pm
Yep-that's right and if I missed him doing the same to you (Swe) you don't
deserve that either. It probably was because these posts have kind of
dissolved into a whole maze of stuff and sometimes a person just has to kind
of skim through it or leave whole parts unread. But very personal details,
like "the 40+ yr old with no wife, girlfriend, or friends for that matter"
kind of stood out and sure shouldn't have any bearing on whether a person
knows what they're talking about or not in this case and even sounded like
it was meant to be an insult (why is that?), although I can't imagine why it
would be brought up or important for this argument. We're all individuals
with our own views and if we keep it civil and to the point with a
reasonably intelligent line of reasoning, we all should listen and be
listened to with respect, and agree or disagree with politeness. I've reread
my own post and will try to do the same also.

Cowboy my ass, nothing more then a duck with a few expensive suits!

SWE

first off, niether i, nor anyone else, were, are or ever will be your son.
next, i have plenty idea what im talking about. war! and i never said
anything about americans, just about the army, they will kill everything
they can. simple.

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  |