mgib // User Search

mgib // User Search

1  2  |  

AW Irc server :)

Oct 16, 1998, 6:46pm
[View Quote] > also I'd like to announce the release of SeedBot a nifty little program

Seedbot??? Is it for safe sex in AW???

Marketing research(sort of)

Oct 23, 1998, 12:27am
[View Quote] > i dont know why anyone hasnt ever asked the general people what kind of
> world they want. I am asking that question now. What do you want in a
> world. I am interested in seeing what is popular and maybe making it a
> reality.
>
> Jw

Little chance you get a representative answer through ngs as many
citizens don' read it (unless you prefer the opinion of the most active
ones).
A better way is to make a survey of which worlds have the best frequency
depending on their type.
Starting of answers:
First, Alphaworld, as well because it's a large world for building as it's
the kind of "central station". In clear should we mix up quantity and
quality?
Second, worlds with a strong community concern coming from a nationality or
a language.
In the middle, worlds with some kind of specific interest, most of the
time temporary one, e.g. oct31. Maybe others based on some more "long term"
concept, like "adult" before it mysteriously disappeared (and whatever we
may think of it, the public for a theme is one thing, what we like
another).
Far behind, "personal" worlds. Visited only by the owner and few very
close friends after a period of fancy.
And waaaay behind it.... commercial worlds. I made a quick look at them,
from the official list at the Gate. The mean of frequentation at a rather
crowded time for the universe as a whole was close to 0.3 visitors.
(including "welcoming" bots). No comments.

Marketing research(sort of)

Nov 6, 1998, 9:23pm
Easy. Switch your computer off. There you are.:)

[View Quote] > I think that we really need a world where it is like the real world. Where it
> would take money to get supplies to build something. And then you would sell stuff
> or you would do some kind of service. Such as police, fire, hospital,
> construction, autosales (you would drive around not walk) airports, spaceport,
> ect, ect, ect. You would make money to buy food clothes other persoanl items
> (comb, toothpaste) if you wanted that kind of detail. But mostly to buy more
> supplies and make a better building and or make better products to sell for more
> money. What do you think of this. You can change the ideas but i would love to
> see a world that had a point to it not just build for the heck of it. That would
> be so much more fun.
>
[View Quote]

WorldBuilders World

Dec 5, 1998, 9:41am
--------------C38535BD85E57D1F480D00C9
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Certainly not!! I know Facter's way of expressing himself, take it as a
compliment. He's just saying you may win at the "longest sig" Cy Award.


[View Quote] > does it really matter?why not just aviod my messages?
>
>
>
[View Quote]

--------------C38535BD85E57D1F480D00C9
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
Certainly not!! I know Facter's way of expressing himself, take it as a
compliment. He's just saying you may win at the "longest sig" Cy Award.
<BR>&nbsp;

[View Quote] [View Quote] [View Quote] <P>--Fast
<BR>**************************************************************
<BR>Spy WorldBuilders Offer:
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hosting
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All Avatars On Request
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All Objects On Request
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Reasonable Pricing
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *Trial* worlds(ie:Sample)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bot Scripts
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Monitering(Ie:We Moniter
the world for Spammers Vandals Etc)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Etc

<P>Spy WorldBuilders Asks:
<BR>That We Be allowed to have (and keep) Build,PS,Eject,CareTaker,Etc

<P>**Spy Reserves the right to decline any application for any reason.**
<BR>Telegram FastWalker2 Or Email Fast2 at Bellsouth.net
<BR>for details.
<BR>Spy Logo,Fast's Avatar Bar,The Alliance,Etc (c) 1998 By Fast.
<BR>**************************************************************
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;

<P>--
<BR>**************************************************************
<BR>Spy WorldBuilders Offer:
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hosting
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All Avatars On Request
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All Objects On Request
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Reasonable Pricing
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *Trial* worlds(ie:Sample)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bot Scripts
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Monitering(Ie:We Moniter
the world for Spammers Vandals Etc)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Etc

<P>Spy WorldBuilders Asks:
<BR>That We Be allowed to have (and keep) Build,PS,Eject,CareTaker,Etc

<P>**Spy Reserves the right to decline any application for any reason.**
<BR>Telegram FastWalker2 Or Email Fast2 at Bellsouth.net
<BR>for details.
<BR>Spy Logo,Fast's Avatar Bar,The Alliance,Etc (c) 1998 By Fast.
<BR>**************************************************************
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------C38535BD85E57D1F480D00C9--

Re: PRESS RELEASE

Jan 25, 1999, 7:12pm
--------------DF80DC67D835A68E05AA9FB1
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I'm quite a bit puzzled. I thought activeworlds.com only exists since last friday, and from your link I found this one
http://chart.yahoo.com/c/2y/a/awld.gif
which shows quotation from quite a long time before. Is it the qutotation including the former company which bought COF? It seems it has been doing quite badly during the past months.

Princess Tia a écrit:

> I have not used this online broker service, nor am I aware of their track record, etc,. but heard that
> www.webstreet.com is supposed to be one of the best. I looked at their site, you can fill in an online order form, BUT must establish an account with them, send them the info by snail mail anyway, and
> establishing an acct. could take 28 days or so.
>
> Any broker (local or otherwise) who is a member of NASD should be able to handle the purchase of AW stock
> (trading symbol AWLD company name activeworlds.com) for you.
>
> To see yahoo's quotes of AWLD:
> http://quote.yahoo.com/q?s=AWLD&d=v1
>
> and excite's as grover mentioned:
> http://quicken.excite.com/investments/quotes/?symbol=AWLD&defview=FULL
>
> Princess Tia
> Zuzu World
>
> "judging by we the users hang in here, I think it's gonna be a winner :) "
>
[View Quote]

--------------DF80DC67D835A68E05AA9FB1
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
I'm quite a bit puzzled. I thought activeworlds.com only exists since last
friday, and from your link I found this one
<BR><A HREF="http://chart.yahoo.com/c/2y/a/awld.gif">http://chart.yahoo.com/c/2y/a/awld.gif</A>
<BR>which shows quotation from quite a long time before. Is it the qutotation
including the former company which bought COF? It seems it has been doing
quite badly during the past months.

<P>Princess Tia a &eacute;crit:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I have not used this online broker service, nor am
I aware of their track record, etc,. but heard that
<BR>&nbsp;www.webstreet.com is supposed to be one of the best.&nbsp; I
looked at their site, you can fill in an online order form, BUT must establish
an account with them, send them the info by snail mail anyway, and
<BR>establishing an acct. could take 28 days or so.

<P>Any broker (local or otherwise)&nbsp; who is a member of NASD should
be able to handle the purchase of AW stock
<BR>(trading symbol AWLD company name activeworlds.com) for you.

<P>To see yahoo's quotes of AWLD:
<BR><A HREF="http://quote.yahoo.com/q?s=AWLD&d=v1">http://quote.yahoo.com/q?s=AWLD&amp;d=v1</A>

<P>and excite's as grover mentioned:
<BR><A HREF="http://quicken.excite.com/investments/quotes/?symbol=AWLD&defview=FULL">http://quicken.excite.com/investments/quotes/?symbol=AWLD&amp;defview=FULL</A>

<P>Princess Tia
<BR>Zuzu World

<P>"judging by we the users hang in here, I think it's gonna be a winner
:) "

[View Quote] [View Quote] --------------DF80DC67D835A68E05AA9FB1--

citizens as tourists

Sep 4, 1998, 9:13pm
More than a generalization, it's stupid. Why should it cause problems for
citizens to be an undetected tourist, and not for a tourist to be .. a
tourist?
As to say once you pay to be citizen you shouldn't be able to turn into a
tourist is like saying once you bought a bus ticket you aren't allowed to
change your mind and go walking.

[View Quote] > That's a pretty big generalization! I use tourist occasionally, because
> I don't want to chat or just feel like being alone. If COF would remove
> those damn green checks, I might not use tourist as much. As for
> causing trouble....I can do it just as well as *Queen Bee*. :)
>
[View Quote]

Clickable URL's & Teleports on Chatscreen

Sep 26, 1998, 9:32am
[View Quote] [View Quote] Better than avatars, what would be cool is more enhanced actions on objects.
Nothing much new for a good while. Better "Animating" objects to make the
environment more alive than it is. The time-related commands are either poor
when it's about texture and animation (and pretty buggy), to null when it's
about pics, sounds and signs. It's time... "time" becomes a true dimension
here.

Virtual Money

Oct 10, 1998, 12:54pm
Besides the fact we have kinda same crap in AW already without virtual money..

[View Quote] > Money is a bad idea for activeworlds. AW is a virtual community where people
> can escape the hellhole they call reality for a while. If you make it too real,
> it will be cheaper just to forget AW and come back to RL.
>
[View Quote]

language filters and more

Oct 11, 1998, 8:24am
You are right. The only clue is the keyboard is disable in AW and you talk
clicking on a list (carefully selected) of words and sentences.


[View Quote] > One problem with implementing language filters is that people will
> always find a way around them... eg. if a parent blocks out 'damn'
> someone will just say 'da_mn' and get around the limit. Plus there are
> the issues of freedom of speech which always seem to come up in cases
> like this.
>
[View Quote]

Marketing research(sort of)

Oct 23, 1998, 12:27am
[View Quote] > i dont know why anyone hasnt ever asked the general people what kind of
> world they want. I am asking that question now. What do you want in a
> world. I am interested in seeing what is popular and maybe making it a
> reality.
>
> Jw

Little chance you get a representative answer through ngs as many
citizens don' read it (unless you prefer the opinion of the most active
ones).
A better way is to make a survey of which worlds have the best frequency
depending on their type.
Starting of answers:
First, Alphaworld, as well because it's a large world for building as it's
the kind of "central station". In clear should we mix up quantity and
quality?
Second, worlds with a strong community concern coming from a nationality or
a language.
In the middle, worlds with some kind of specific interest, most of the
time temporary one, e.g. oct31. Maybe others based on some more "long term"
concept, like "adult" before it mysteriously disappeared (and whatever we
may think of it, the public for a theme is one thing, what we like
another).
Far behind, "personal" worlds. Visited only by the owner and few very
close friends after a period of fancy.
And waaaay behind it.... commercial worlds. I made a quick look at them,
from the official list at the Gate. The mean of frequentation at a rather
crowded time for the universe as a whole was close to 0.3 visitors.
(including "welcoming" bots). No comments.

Marketing research(sort of)

Nov 6, 1998, 9:23pm
Easy. Switch your computer off. There you are.:)

[View Quote] > I think that we really need a world where it is like the real world. Where it
> would take money to get supplies to build something. And then you would sell stuff
> or you would do some kind of service. Such as police, fire, hospital,
> construction, autosales (you would drive around not walk) airports, spaceport,
> ect, ect, ect. You would make money to buy food clothes other persoanl items
> (comb, toothpaste) if you wanted that kind of detail. But mostly to buy more
> supplies and make a better building and or make better products to sell for more
> money. What do you think of this. You can change the ideas but i would love to
> see a world that had a point to it not just build for the heck of it. That would
> be so much more fun.
>
[View Quote]

Custom AV?

Nov 9, 1998, 5:38am
--------------78AAD9B0D662D5FC348F8917
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

What's the reason? As said Seren, they read this ng. Or do you have any
special entry?

[View Quote] > I forwarded this message to COF
>
[View Quote]
--------------78AAD9B0D662D5FC348F8917
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
What's the reason? As said Seren, they read this ng. Or do you have any
special entry?

[View Quote] [View Quote]
<P>probably no one anymore. . ...i havnt seen ANY COF employee post an
article in the newsgroup for about 2 months now...and i think maybe only
Lucrezia has abnything to do with it really . ..&nbsp; besides roland posting
with a bug fix beta message, theres hasnt been squat from anyone at COF.
.. . .

<P>i'd kind of like to raise this question (it was a post in wishlist),
and im hoping that the moderator doesnt find it too out of line.

<P>COF, where ARE you ?? We never see any posts, we have no word from you,
all we have is Lucrezia occasionally stating something in here, and her
doing the newsletter. And, sometimes we "get word" from Razzle (if your
a PK) as to something . ..&nbsp; but, for all intents and purposes, you
have no community presence anymore . . ..

<P>It's kind of sad, because I dont get it. Does this have to do with legal
issues, and, if so, why not jstu say so and be done with it ? We the citizens
*need* contact with the company, because otherwise you get so much rumour
mongering . ..and, also, to tell you the truth, contact with COF makes
things in AW a little more tangible. Ie, i ahvnt been into AW for ages,
basically because i have found it has grown very very stagnant. . ..something
like the BallBot tho might fix this . ..otherwise. . .well, i have to say
it, it has been damn boring in the worlds lately.

<P>Maybe it's jsut me, but i dunno .,. i hear alot of it . ..and mainly
it stems from the feeling that COF is letting things go in their community
interaction . ...and that people think to themselves, "well, if they wont
communicate with us, then why should we both trying to communicate anything
to them". . .

<P>I dunno . .. jsut musings really . .. Im feeling a bit sad about all
the stagnation lately i guess. .&nbsp; I go into the beta group, and theres
nothing .. . and i look in here and there more of the same . ...things
jsut dont seem to be progressing anywhere . ..

<P>mmmm

<P>Fac.</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>

--------------78AAD9B0D662D5FC348F8917--

Custom AV?

Nov 9, 1998, 7:55am
--------------259C535684544CC197696A03
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I understand, but again this looks like useless to me as anyway they DO
read it here. Read back Seren's post again to understand why.

[View Quote] > special entry? no, just cof at activeworlds.com
>
> Even if they don't reply, they might just read it and get a knot in
> their stomach or somethin'. maybe it might not, but, who knows?
>
[View Quote]
--------------259C535684544CC197696A03
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
I understand, but again this looks like useless to me as anyway they DO
read it here. Read back Seren's post again to understand why.

[View Quote] <P>Even if they don't reply, they might just read it and get a knot in
their stomach or somethin'.&nbsp; maybe it might not, but, who knows?

[View Quote] [View Quote] [View Quote] <P>i'd kind of like to raise this question (it was a post in wishlist),
and im hoping that the moderator doesnt find it too out of line.

<P>COF, where ARE you ?? We never see any posts, we have no word from you,
all we have is Lucrezia occasionally stating something in here, and her
doing the newsletter. And, sometimes we "get word" from Razzle (if your
a PK) as to something . ..&nbsp; but, for all intents and purposes, you
have no community presence anymore . . ..

<P>It's kind of sad, because I dont get it. Does this have to do with legal
issues, and, if so, why not jstu say so and be done with it ? We the citizens
*need* contact with the company, because otherwise you get so much rumour
mongering . ..and, also, to tell you the truth, contact with COF makes
things in AW a little more tangible. Ie, i ahvnt been into AW for ages,
basically because i have found it has grown very very stagnant. . ..something
like the BallBot tho might fix this . ..otherwise. . .well, i have to say
it, it has been damn boring in the worlds lately.

<P>Maybe it's jsut me, but i dunno .,. i hear alot of it . ..and mainly
it stems from the feeling that COF is letting things go in their community
interaction . ...and that people think to themselves, "well, if they wont
communicate with us, then why should we both trying to communicate anything
to them". . .

<P>I dunno . .. jsut musings really . .. Im feeling a bit sad about all
the stagnation lately i guess. .&nbsp; I go into the beta group, and theres
nothing .. . and i look in here and there more of the same . ...things
jsut dont seem to be progressing anywhere . ..

<P>mmmm

<P>Fac.</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>

--------------259C535684544CC197696A03--

Custom AV?

Nov 9, 1998, 8:00am
--------------6DACBB39F5C08AE7C4EB0453
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

vrnews.synergycorp.com
ng: AWDiscussion

[View Quote] > where is DMs newsgroup?
>
[View Quote]
--------------6DACBB39F5C08AE7C4EB0453
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
vrnews.synergycorp.com
<BR>ng: AWDiscussion

[View Quote] [View Quote] [View Quote] <P>i'd kind of like to raise this question (it was a post in wishlist),
and im hoping that the moderator doesnt find it too out of line.

<P>COF, where ARE you ?? We never see any posts, we have no word from you,
all we have is Lucrezia occasionally stating something in here, and her
doing the newsletter. And, sometimes we "get word" from Razzle (if your
a PK) as to something . ..&nbsp; but, for all intents and purposes, you
have no community presence anymore . . ..

<P>It's kind of sad, because I dont get it. Does this have to do with legal
issues, and, if so, why not jstu say so and be done with it ? We the citizens
*need* contact with the company, because otherwise you get so much rumour
mongering . ..and, also, to tell you the truth, contact with COF makes
things in AW a little more tangible. Ie, i ahvnt been into AW for ages,
basically because i have found it has grown very very stagnant. . ..something
like the BallBot tho might fix this . ..otherwise. . .well, i have to say
it, it has been damn boring in the worlds lately.

<P>Maybe it's jsut me, but i dunno .,. i hear alot of it . ..and mainly
it stems from the feeling that COF is letting things go in their community
interaction . ...and that people think to themselves, "well, if they wont
communicate with us, then why should we both trying to communicate anything
to them". . .

<P>I dunno . .. jsut musings really . .. Im feeling a bit sad about all
the stagnation lately i guess. .&nbsp; I go into the beta group, and theres
nothing .. . and i look in here and there more of the same . ...things
jsut dont seem to be progressing anywhere . ..

<P>mmmm

<P>Fac.</BLOCKQUOTE>
--
<BR>Please Reinstate Protagonist!
<BR><A HREF="http://home.on.rogers.wave.ca/compend/protag.html">http://home.on.rogers.wave.ca/compend/protag.html</A>
<BR>The Reunion 1999
<BR><A HREF="http://www.thereunion.net">http://www.thereunion.net</A>
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>

--------------6DACBB39F5C08AE7C4EB0453--

Custom AV?

Nov 10, 1998, 4:45am
--------------26A53FFDAA6E93953C6F04F6
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Yes, I don't get it. Everything is fine. We are playing nicely. We gonna
live some exciting moments with soccer game. Maybe an heartache? Have
you been dismissed from
Duchesse's cabana boy soccer team?
Speak up my friend! We are here to cheer you!!

[View Quote] > Shock?? Disappointment?
>
[View Quote]

--------------26A53FFDAA6E93953C6F04F6
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Yes, I don't get it. Everything is fine. We are playing nicely. We gonna
live some exciting moments with soccer game. Maybe an heartache? Have you
been dismissed from
<BR>Duchesse's cabana boy soccer team?
<BR>&nbsp;Speak up my friend! We are here to cheer you!!

[View Quote] [View Quote] <BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">fac
&lt;<A HREF="mailto:facterinvurt at hotmail.com">facterinvurt at hotmail.com</A>>
[View Quote] <P><B><FONT SIZE=+2>=(</FONT></B>

<P><FONT SIZE=-2>Fac.</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;

[View Quote] <P>i'd kind of like to raise this question (it was a post in wishlist),
and im hoping that the moderator doesnt find it too out of line.

<P>COF, where ARE you ?? We never see any posts, we have no word from you,
all we have is Lucrezia occasionally stating something in here, and her
doing the newsletter. And, sometimes we "get word" from Razzle (if your
a PK) as to something . ..&nbsp; but, for all intents and purposes, you
have no community presence anymore . . ..

<P>It's kind of sad, because I dont get it. Does this have to do with legal
issues, and, if so, why not jstu say so and be done with it ? We the citizens
*need* contact with the company, because otherwise you get so much rumour
mongering . ..and, also, to tell you the truth, contact with COF makes
things in AW a little more tangible. Ie, i ahvnt been into AW for ages,
basically because i have found it has grown very very stagnant. . ..something
like the BallBot tho might fix this . ..otherwise. . .well, i have to say
it, it has been damn boring in the worlds lately.

<P>Maybe it's jsut me, but i dunno .,. i hear alot of it . ..and mainly
it stems from the feeling that COF is letting things go in their community
interaction . ...and that people think to themselves, "well, if they wont
communicate with us, then why should we both trying to communicate anything
to them". . .

<P>I dunno . .. jsut musings really . .. Im feeling a bit sad about all
the stagnation lately i guess. .&nbsp; I go into the beta group, and theres
nothing .. . and i look in here and there more of the same . ...things
jsut dont seem to be progressing anywhere . ..

<P>mmmm

<P>Fac.</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>

--------------26A53FFDAA6E93953C6F04F6--

Custom avs are here! - yippee!

Nov 26, 1998, 5:51am
[View Quote] > Is there now a point to these messages?... Are they about AW?....Will they in
> any way enhance AW?.. Are the messages informative?...
>
> There is constructive criticism and destructive criticism in my humble opinion
> this news thread has now entered the latter stage and has nothing to do with
> Custom Avatars.
>
> This thread should now be called, "The Psychology of the individuals behind the
> Avatars in a Virtual Environment".
>

Hmmm... yes, the thread could be renamed. Otherwise I don't see any problem. It's
up to everyone to follow it and participate or not. Maybe it's not informative, or
constructive in the sense of some new tips and tricks or ideas for them.
Nevertheless as you say there are individuals behind avatars. This is a ng about
the community of users, not the community of avatars. Now it's clear with
individuals we may expect and must accept it's not always as rational as we would
like.
But when today the avatars are "down", I'm glad to see the individuals aren't. A
revenge on the logics, the constructive, the "enhance" without taking the time to
look around, to talk without always wondering if what we say is "correct" and
appropriate. Crazy, useless, superficial is what we have to enjoy when the power is
off.

Custom avs are here! - yippee!

Nov 27, 1998, 6:23am
[View Quote] [View Quote] Why? because few ppl in here like to find in the power of brutal force they may
be given
a compensation of the power they can't afford in RL. See them speaking of it
drooling at the thought of it. Big thrills!! Maybe they could just eject
themselves, if they really need to
soothe some basic instinct.

Head Mounted Display (HDM) in active worlds ?

Nov 12, 1998, 7:42pm
"we will see" ??? What we have been said here more than a year ago, still waiting
to see. In the meamtime Klassi is right . At the present time it doesn't work.

[View Quote] > i don´t agree to your last sentence, Klassi.
> "Too many limiting factors exist to make e-commerce a viable prospect in a
> multi user virtual environment at this present time."
> But we will see, and i would be very intereste in the forthcoming of the HMD
> project, as this would be just a real gimmick. People generally do use
> monitors, thats it.
>
> Thorus Adama
> chief editor www.cyb-magazin.de
> mayor of Thorusville, AW
> President CIC
> inventor and builder of the Cyb Cafe Chain, former evosonic radio cafe chain
> thinking of aw the best plattform to become e-commerce a true live experience
> ppl will love tojoin
>
[View Quote]

have no fear, somebody from CoF shoul be here...

Nov 21, 1998, 9:59pm
Please be comprehensive. They just got a bot to answer tels and it's not very
sophisticate.:)

[View Quote] > many of you have wonderes: does anyone from CoF actually read this messages?
> and finally, i have the answer you have all been waiting for! now the time
> of truth is here, does the oh-so-mighty-CoF-dudes hear our wishes?
> i telegramed E N Z O and i got the answer! Allow me to quote:
> Mr Necros' Telegram: does anyone from CoF actualle read the messages in the
> newsgroup wishlist?
> E N Z O: yes
>
> jippeeeeee! isn't that fantastic? happ happ huzza! long live E N Z O & Co!
> ummhhhh... to be totally honest: that was a pretty boring answer, but i
> guess E N Z O don't have time to write telegrams with creative and looong
> answers, one word is just fine...

Worlds

Nov 27, 1998, 5:42pm
You get a license for the "free" software too. May you just didn't read it.
As to say the software is free... like saying window shopping is free.

[View Quote] > You get a license for owning a world. The software is free.
>
[View Quote]

Worlds

Nov 29, 1998, 9:43pm
Yep. 2 out of 4 is enough.:)

[View Quote] > I'm *glad* the worlds aren't free. Like this only people who are seriously
> interested will start a world. If it were free every fucking idiot would
> start a world, and 3 out of 4 worlds you'd visit would be worthless...
>
[View Quote]

Worlds

Dec 1, 1998, 7:09pm
Maybe it's as pointless as this newsgroup which isn't obviously read by those who
should.:)

[View Quote] > Umm, this argument is getting pretty pointless. You are both right, okay?
> For one thing: Some do buy worlds and build only sporadically on occasion and
> don't mess with it much otherwise. And, yes they do enjoy it. But, not
> everybody would buy a world and build in it even once a month, especially if the
> prices were much cheaper.
>
> Another thing: Yes, the owner would be losing money if he sold it for less
> than he paid for it, but if he doesn't want it anymore and wants to sell it, how
> many people would pay more for it than for a nice fresh clean world that they
> won't have to pay an extra fee to change the name on? You can only sell a
> product for as much as a person is willing to purchase it. You won't have many
> takers if you try to sell a used car for more than you paid for it new (unless
> it is a classic in good to mint condition, but that is the exception).
>
[View Quote]

Re: Custom avs are here! - yippee!

Nov 23, 1998, 2:52pm
Yep. Like I prefer a good only-8-years-matured-Scotch than a
poor-15-years-old-one.
Time is one thing. Speed of learning another. It's called cinetics. What I like
in here, unless you are square enough so one of your very first questions is
"how old?", is you have to make up your mind on what people say apart from the
age you aren't supposed to know. And I can tell you there are very often big
surprises.
I kinda like what says cubic, and though I'm among the oldies (virtually and
really). I'm not sure I was that wise at 14. Of course I don't agree on all. I
do agree too you can't totally ignore experience. I guess Cubic's reaction is
more about rigid position as opposed to rigid position of those who pretent to
know the truth because of the past.. Kinda trying to balance things from one
excess with another, but who is really guilty? See discussion about PKs' age
limit. When adults reason as dumbs, they shouldn't be surprised to be called
dumb. Even if it offends their adult self-satisfaction.
The thing is experience (in this case how long have you been in AW) can't be
ignored. We all progress from learning from the past, including Cubic. But what
Cubic means, as far as I understand, is this doesn't give you (us, me) the right
to say you know the truth because of that while he (she?) doesn't. But it still
was and happened, so you can't ignore it. The interpretation maybe wrong but the
experience is still there. Ignoring it, is pretending we have to learn
everything again. Kinda Penelope's work. The plan of the tapestry may be nice
but you never see it.


[View Quote] > Experience? A 14-year old? :)
>
> --
>
> Fluxen Dean-Christian Strik
> ICQ: 11760568 ISG RhinoSoft
> fluxen at bigfoot.com dean2 at bigfoot.com
>
> Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual hardware. Hardware has
> limitations, software doesn't. It's a real shame that Turing machines are so
> poor at I/O.
>
[View Quote]

Re: Custom avs are here! - yippee!

Nov 23, 1998, 6:27pm
Dont acte. 17 or 14, alas I'm now not sure to make the whole difference. It
doesn't change anything in my arguing, I think. Now don't take it as too
personal. I could see in other posts you are able to be sensible. Just this
"age=so" argument, full point, sounded to me a bit limited. But I understand
there are moment we don't feel like arguing. That's the drawback of age.:)

[View Quote] > Just for the record... i wasn't talking about cubic... he's 17. I was
> talking about josh.
>
> --
>
> Fluxen Dean-Christian Strik
> ICQ: 11760568 ISG RhinoSoft
> fluxen at bigfoot.com dean2 at bigfoot.com
>
> Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual hardware. Hardware has
> limitations, software doesn't. It's a real shame that Turing machines are so
> poor at I/O.
>
[View Quote]

Re: Custom avs are here! - yippee!

Nov 27, 1998, 5:53am
[View Quote] [View Quote] Good point. Amazing how some want to copy/paste RL in here, just because that's
how it is in RL. Without giving a thought on could it be different. Such an
imagination!
The problem is here we have at the same time ppl from these different places
with different rules and habits. That's the challenge. That's the purpose. If
you can't stand your neighbour wears the "wrong" thing in here, why coming? Stay
home.
So, let me guess which habits and values some want to enforce in here in name
of RL, saudi Arabian? Brazilian? Hmm... no, I think I have an idea.....

Swash The Poop Deck!Fast says shiver me timbers

Nov 29, 1998, 9:00am
spam?? hmmm...so many times the same post, I would bet on Parkinson
disease.:)

[View Quote] > I WISH you had ever heard of spam.
> Well... This is quite near to that.
> So please go do this in the TEST-newsgroup you idiot.
> That's what it's meant for; useless posts and tests.
>
[View Quote]

WorldBuilders World

Dec 5, 1998, 9:41am
--------------C38535BD85E57D1F480D00C9
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Certainly not!! I know Facter's way of expressing himself, take it as a
compliment. He's just saying you may win at the "longest sig" Cy Award.


[View Quote] > does it really matter?why not just aviod my messages?
>
>
>
[View Quote]

--------------C38535BD85E57D1F480D00C9
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
Certainly not!! I know Facter's way of expressing himself, take it as a
compliment. He's just saying you may win at the "longest sig" Cy Award.
<BR>&nbsp;

[View Quote] [View Quote] [View Quote] <P>--Fast
<BR>**************************************************************
<BR>Spy WorldBuilders Offer:
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hosting
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All Avatars On Request
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All Objects On Request
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Reasonable Pricing
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *Trial* worlds(ie:Sample)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bot Scripts
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Monitering(Ie:We Moniter
the world for Spammers Vandals Etc)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Etc

<P>Spy WorldBuilders Asks:
<BR>That We Be allowed to have (and keep) Build,PS,Eject,CareTaker,Etc

<P>**Spy Reserves the right to decline any application for any reason.**
<BR>Telegram FastWalker2 Or Email Fast2 at Bellsouth.net
<BR>for details.
<BR>Spy Logo,Fast's Avatar Bar,The Alliance,Etc (c) 1998 By Fast.
<BR>**************************************************************
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;

<P>--
<BR>**************************************************************
<BR>Spy WorldBuilders Offer:
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hosting
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All Avatars On Request
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All Objects On Request
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Reasonable Pricing
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *Trial* worlds(ie:Sample)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bot Scripts
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Monitering(Ie:We Moniter
the world for Spammers Vandals Etc)
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Etc

<P>Spy WorldBuilders Asks:
<BR>That We Be allowed to have (and keep) Build,PS,Eject,CareTaker,Etc

<P>**Spy Reserves the right to decline any application for any reason.**
<BR>Telegram FastWalker2 Or Email Fast2 at Bellsouth.net
<BR>for details.
<BR>Spy Logo,Fast's Avatar Bar,The Alliance,Etc (c) 1998 By Fast.
<BR>**************************************************************
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------C38535BD85E57D1F480D00C9--

Is there a way to stop a looping sound

Dec 15, 1998, 4:52am
Well it's as "real" as the astart/ astop answer...and as you said, at least
it's funny.:)

[View Quote] > you are VERY funny :( - come up with some REAL idea
>
[View Quote]

Is there a way to stop a looping sound

Dec 15, 1998, 8:21pm
The question raised here isn't about making visible/invisible ON-OFF buttons though it's
a nice add-on, but about the alternative sequence of sound/no-sound as he reminded us
again.
It's in fact the problem of consecutive sequences of sound or noise commands as
silence.wav is a wav like another one.
I experienced the same problem having a back ground "create sound sound1.wav", an
activate for some "sound sound2.wav" , and an activate to restore the background sound1.

sound1 --> sound2 works. back to sound1 works, but then activating sound2 I can't hear
it again.

If I go away (no teleport) a bit under influence of other sounds and back, then I hear
sound2 with clicking on it, like if the activate has been memorized waiting for some
unblocking. But I can't go back to sound1. It seems there is a bug somewhere.


[View Quote] > create name piece1, visible on, solid on; activate sound wav1.wav, visible off,
> solid off, visible piece2 on, solid piece2 on
>
> create name piece2, visible off, solid off; activate sound silence.wav, visible off,
> solid off, visible piece1 on, solid piece1 on
>
> I believe something like this will work, with the syntax corrected, of course :-)
>
[View Quote]

Why not applaud COF rather than gripe?

Dec 16, 1998, 6:06am
Why new? There always been from time to time some sycophants poping in ngs with
the same style and same arguments. The first who launched the fancy was JP
himself posting under another name like if he was an ordinary user.
But copy/paste old arguments is dangerous. While being a small company was an
excuse at the beginning, two years after and when we are said the business is
going very well, the # of users ever growing, one would wonder. If fact the
company is even smaller than at the beginning. Yes, it's relevant to wonder how
much $ COF has to operate with when they have only one programmer (for two at
the beginning) .


[View Quote] > Are you new here? :)
>
> --
>
> [ Fluxen Dean-Christian Strik ]
> [ ICQ: 11760568 ISG RhinoSoft ]
> [ fluxen at bigfoot.com dean2 at bigfoot.com ]
>
> The nice thing of standards is that there are so many to choose from.
> -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum
>
[View Quote]

1  2  |  
Awportals.com is a privately held community resource website dedicated to Active Worlds.
Copyright (c) Mark Randall 2006 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Awportals.com   ·   ProLibraries Live   ·   Twitter   ·   LinkedIn