Virtual Money (Wishlist)

Virtual Money // Wishlist

1  |

jason fox

Oct 7, 1998, 11:46pm
Here's an idea (It's late, I think weird when it's late). How about VR
money. When your a tourist you don't get any (To hard to code). When you
register you get say $100. Then you could transfer that among people. For
example:

John Doe REALLY helps you in building your house. So you give him $10.

Basically stuff like that. You earn money by doing jobs and you can give
money to people. If your bad in AW they might charge you a 'fine'. Also if
you help out or do good deeds Peacekeepers and other such AW personal could
give you money. Hey, It's just an idea.

--
Jason Fox

little cupid

Oct 8, 1998, 12:22am
A cool idea too! Check out this website: www.outerworlds.com

And happy reading ;-)))

[View Quote]

lucrezia borgia

Oct 8, 1998, 5:15am
Where would you spend it? What would you buy? *curious blues*

[View Quote]

process

Oct 8, 1998, 6:01am
*trying not to drown in those blues* Buy virtual citizenships from COF? :)

Process

[View Quote]

rolu

Oct 8, 1998, 10:46am
Sounds like a nice idea to me.

Rolu

[View Quote]

gusto

Oct 8, 1998, 2:28pm
Good question... Also, what if you help someone and there are no
peacekeeper or AW personnel around?? What would you do if you ran out of
money? Would citizens get an allowance or something? Would we have to pay
for our building material?
Just some points to ponder, I'm not trying to put down the idea, because it
could be something cool if/when it is figured out and set in motion.
Gusto

[View Quote]

pandemonium

Oct 8, 1998, 2:51pm
That is indeed a very interesting idea with many possibilities, but there is
one possibility I shudder to consider, I am poor in real life, lol, would
hate to go into AW take a break from the daily grind and then find I am poor
in VR too :-)

Marxist class struggle in AW anyone? :-p

[View Quote]

cdm

Oct 8, 1998, 3:47pm
well, a web page form could work around the problem of not having a
qualified witness available. And, no, we would not have to pay for
building material, at least not in the OuterWorlds plan, only lots.
There would be no practical way to keep track of how many objects are used
by each individual and where. At least not with out extensive programming
by Roland.

Gusto <stsss at glasscity.net> wrote in article <361ce835.0 at homer>...
> Good question... Also, what if you help someone and there are no
> peacekeeper or AW personnel around?? What would you do if you ran out of
> money? Would citizens get an allowance or something? Would we have to
pay
> for our building material?
> Just some points to ponder, I'm not trying to put down the idea, because
it
> could be something cool if/when it is figured out and set in motion.
> Gusto

[View Quote]

lucrezia borgia

Oct 8, 1998, 5:25pm
hmmmm... so you mean one would purchase one's land with virtual money?
hmmmmmm.... interesting notion.....

[View Quote]

rolu

Oct 8, 1998, 7:15pm
So, get rich in AW :-)

Rolu

[View Quote]

nas

Oct 9, 1998, 11:36am
There should be a virtual bank set-up giving out virtual loans - people
who cannot make their monthly repayments have their buildings
repossessed! If the person cannot pay after a week then their building
is demolished.
In this siuation you will find who you friends are, if they decide to
lend you their money or not...
Of course begging may be made illegal so that the person in debt will
also go to virtual jail and possibly have their registration revoked!!
Now that's virtual reality.

Nas

Duh... That's too real for me. It should stay fun. No demolishing or
whatever. And revoking one's registration just for begging... That's no fun
at all. It costs $20 a year, you know. I think that noone should do such a
thing.

Rolu

[View Quote]

lucrezia borgia

Oct 9, 1998, 1:33pm
Kinda like playing Monopoly :)

[View Quote]

jan-willem de bleser

--------------F64E2F917E3541B01DE94DFD

That would suck!

[View Quote] > There should be a virtual bank set-up giving out virtual loans - people
> who cannot make their monthly repayments have their buildings
> repossessed! If the person cannot pay after a week then their building
> is demolished.
> In this siuation you will find who you friends are, if they decide to
> lend you their money or not...
> Of course begging may be made illegal so that the person in debt will
> also go to virtual jail and possibly have their registration revoked!!
> Now that's virtual reality.
>
> Nas

[View Quote]

--------------F64E2F917E3541B01DE94DFD

begin: vcard
fn: Jan-willem De Bleser
n: De Bleser;Jan-willem
org: High school
email;internet: debleser at mediaone.net
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version: 2.1
end: vcard

--------------F64E2F917E3541B01DE94DFD--

jan-willem de bleser

--------------F6E41B3D7A4837F2DEC29C2C

Money is a bad idea for activeworlds. AW is a virtual community where people
can escape the hellhole they call reality for a while. If you make it too real,
it will be cheaper just to forget AW and come back to RL.

[View Quote] > Here's an idea (It's late, I think weird when it's late). How about VR

email;internet: debleser at mediaone.net
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version: 2.1
end: vcard

--------------F6E41B3D7A4837F2DEC29C2C--

darla stimbert

Oct 10, 1998, 6:52am
Well, one thing it could really buy is redueced price for citizenship,
possible AW products ie t-shirts, coffee cups, or? You could earn
virtual dollars for helping people, being a gate keeper, peacekeeper,
teacher, whatever. Many people within the community donate a lot of
their time to help others so virtual compensation dollars would be
great!!!!
[View Quote]

nas

Oct 10, 1998, 12:29pm
Kinda.

[View Quote]

nas

Oct 10, 1998, 12:36pm
Yep. -but it sure would be a laugh if you were the bank manager. There
also could be scope for corruption and incompentency - like the recent
demise of certain hedge-funds: just imagine it one of the banks had made
a very bad bet and lost nearly all of peoples savings: the virtual state
would be crippled and mass civilian protest would break out! Gatekeepers
and peacekeepers would have beat up civilians deny tourist immigration -
anarchy would break as people would loot AW Buildings - the whole AW
would be on the brink of collapse - and then it would collapse. That
brings me to my next point virtual Armageddon.

Nas

[View Quote]

mgib

Oct 10, 1998, 12:54pm
Besides the fact we have kinda same crap in AW already without virtual money..

[View Quote] > Money is a bad idea for activeworlds. AW is a virtual community where people
> can escape the hellhole they call reality for a while. If you make it too real,
> it will be cheaper just to forget AW and come back to RL.

[View Quote]

bryon l. snell

Oct 13, 1998, 9:15am
KUDOS !

Jason Fox wrote :
>Here's an idea (It's late, I think weird when it's late). How about VR
>money. When your a tourist you don't get any (To hard to code). When you
>register you get say $100. Then you could transfer that among people. For

>Jason Fox

abbot pabisoko

Oct 17, 1998, 2:47am
Virtual Armageddon eh? Maybe that will be the next thing to come out on CD
from the CoF hehe

[View Quote]

scott d. miller

Dec 17, 1998, 6:41am
[View Quote] I'd put mine in the microwave, five seconds seems to be about right. I did an
AOL CD for seven seconds and it was too long, the lacquer caught on fire and
stunk up the kitchen.

ScottyDM

--
Please send all SPAMS, FLAMES, and CONSPIRACY THEORIES to scottydm at cwia.com
Send all other IMPORTANT CORRESPONDENCE to scottydm at codenet.net
___
/////\\ Digitally Enhanced Portrait of:
{|-0-0-|} Scott D. Miller,
| % | Silicon Mercenary
\===/ Freelance Chip Designer

always #5 FOO = ~FOO; // the sound of a beating heart