silenced // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  |

My wish..

May 9, 2002, 6:35pm
Supposedly according to the help pages it's only available to the
administrators. But really, this seems like another way that the head
honchos of AW will screw people over that they don't like. Just remove
their world from the list.

Or they'll put a feature in that you have to pay extra just to have your
world listed. (seems the most logical of what could happen)

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

My wish..

May 10, 2002, 9:50am
Well despite what you've said, the gor worlds can be found offensive. Thus
regulatory action needs to be taken to "hide" them from the general public.
Little kids often play around with settings and go world hopping and will
lie about their age, what you guys have to do is disable the ability for
them to know about the world names.

I'm not saying this to put the Gor's down, it's just that exposing minors to
some of the stuff that goes on in those worlds is illegal and can have AW
prosecuted, or worse, shut down.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

My wish..

May 10, 2002, 5:00pm
Well, kids do that, you have to take that into consideration. Systems
aren't fool-proof, but unless you want a possible lawsuit on your hands (I'd
assume AW would sue Gor worlds if they got sued by parents), go for it. I'm
just saying possibly offensive worlds, and I was using the Gor worlds as an
example, should be hidden. Or if not hiding offensive worlds, at least hide
it if it's above your rating. We all know that won't work very well either.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

My wish..

May 10, 2002, 5:05pm
Ugh, we're comparing something that doesn't have a way to hide it yet.
Besides the obvious nanny systems. The point is, we can do it here, we're
not concearned with pr0n sites. If they're showing anything without the
censoring bubbles they're breaking the law, you cannot show pornographic
material on your website unless you have a proper identification system to
get into it (not exactly sure if that's the right wording for it). You can
answer the Gors all fine and dandy and lie to them, maybe AW should set up
some sort of CC # id pass for it?

Parents can't watch you all day. Do yours? I'd assume they don't because
they trust you. Well, most people who want to participate already know
about it. I said most not all, so don't hold that against me.

But we do need some kind of protection that people can set. Maybe an intro
gor world that isn't locked off, that introduces people? I don't know, the
simplest answer is just to hide them. It's hard to come up with a system
that's foolproof.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

My wish..

May 10, 2002, 11:07pm
Well, it wasn't my goal to target the goals it kinda happened by accident.
I like this idea a lot, I think it should be implemented.

I also think that a new *if your rating is lower then it won't get shown*
feature should be implemented with that hide ability. I doubt it'll be
added since roland and the bunch don't read this group, only Flagg does (So
I assume from the posting I've seen).

Sorry if I offended anyone with my example of the Gor worlds, excluding the
people I mean to offend. They know who they are ;).

But my main focus was that the hide feature should be chosen by the world
owners and not the administrator, unless they get an extreme amount of
complaints.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

My wish..

May 10, 2002, 11:08pm
> Well, it wasn't my goal to target the goals it kinda happened by accident.

Sorry goals = gors LoL.. my bad

Idiot Report

May 27, 2002, 8:17pm
Because you're not an Uber programmer.

This is some source from your post:

"!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alter weather to suite the =
season?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If u happen to have 12 backdrops / =
Skyboxes (3 for=20
each season) a tornado avatar and a few lighting objects or equivilent =
(and of=20
course CT) I can easily put that in... its just a matter of a) finding =
some=20
place in the darn bot to put it, im way into the double figures on =
frames. And=20
b) creating a very simple If, ElseIf, EndIf function based on the data =
with the=20
lil sdk.awworldattribute set. ^_^.</FONT></DIV>"

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

Idiot Report

May 28, 2002, 7:41pm
Did you happen to read what I put? You're not the best programmer in the
world and this is most likely a mess up in your program itself. Read the
source, you don't need to create some bass ackwards program to do something
that's so simple to get.

Btw, if you use that same program to check an HTML page I bet the same stuff
will pop up. If not, you definately messed up.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

Idiot Report

May 30, 2002, 9:12am
> (Format
>
> KAH, this isn't always an option in some news readers. What newsreader
are
> you running??? Better yet, what VERSION of it are you running???

It is in OE, at least all I've seen. Unless of course you're using the
stuff that came bundled with XP, then I shall laugh.

Downgrading would be the obvious choice to upgrade. Don't need so many
fancy menus and programs with flashy graphics as you need something that
does what it needs to do ;)

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

Idiot Report

Jun 1, 2002, 2:07pm
Mayhaps it converts everything you put there into RTF. Or just translates
HTML into RTF.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

Whois Feature

May 30, 2002, 5:18pm
It's Uberhacker.. somewhat in 1337 (the language of the script kiddies). I
think the whole meaning of the point he was trying to convey was that you
are, in fact, a script kiddie with all this talk. No offense but, if you
have nothing better to do than to crack things, that's what you are.

Cit lookup would probably only get you bot limit, citnumber, e-mail address,
and homepage.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

Whois Feature

May 31, 2002, 5:19pm
Yes but since we all don't have cool keyboards and it takes too much time to
get the char from the list, it's much easier for us to write Uber :P

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

I need to turn! :P

Jun 1, 2002, 11:11am
Possibly 9 9 9 and the rest of the bunch might put it back in. Roland took
it off because he had a hard time moving with control and he'd go all over
the place. So instead of making an option he took it out completely ;)

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

Desktop Shells/Extensions

Feb 9, 2002, 11:49am
www.imici.com

multi im clone like trillian, works in Unix environments

-silenced

[View Quote]

National ID System

Feb 14, 2002, 10:39am
All that stuff is public knowledge anyways. I can go to my local supreme
court and find out anything about anyone in my area.

-silenced

[View Quote]

National ID System

Feb 14, 2002, 5:57pm
You can obtain any of that information from your local supreme court in the
US. You should shut up before you talk about something you don't know
about.

Birth Certificates, taxes, land, any other public property such as a house,
what political party you belong too, Criminal records, location (or any
other place you've lived) , phone numbers. They're all accessible through
your local supreme court.

If you're thinking of the US supreme court, you're mistaken, there's a
different supreme court and that's what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the US and not any other country.

-silenced

[View Quote]

National ID System

Feb 14, 2002, 5:58pm
Well yes it can be obtained that way too. Most sites have you pay for deep
down info such as criminal records. But you can obtain it for free at your
county supreme court. That is if you're in the US. I don't know how secret
other countries keep that data.

-silenced

[View Quote]

National ID System

Feb 14, 2002, 6:29pm
Yes, you assume we're all children. You must be the greatest adult on the
face of this planet to infer that everyone is younger or less mature then
you.

A. It needs to be the county of the person (with the supreme court)
B. I don't need to find info about you, it just can be done
C. Who cares?

I'm not the one "laughing" at people. Yes, let's Role Play (ie use the *'s
to denote an action) because we know all the cool adults do that. I don't
need to spend my time on something so pointless. Trekker can do it if he
wants. I have nothing to prove.

-silenced

[View Quote]

National ID System

Feb 14, 2002, 11:48pm
Yes the county supreme court, what is so hard to comprehend about this? I'm
not talking about the darn US superme court.

-silenced

[View Quote]

Of course another test post

Feb 20, 2002, 5:26pm
Giving this a big test.

Have to love new newsreaders.

-Silenced

Of course another test post

Feb 20, 2002, 5:32pm
kah (kah at kahnews.cjb.net) wrote on Wednesday 20 February 2002 02:31 pm:

> MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ):()
>
> KAH

lol ok I guess it works then :)

-Silenced

trueSpace 4.2 on XP

Feb 20, 2002, 8:01pm
swe (m_swehli at hotmail.com) wrote on Wednesday 20 February 2002 04:55 pm:

> hmm, well if u want ts5, i could hock u up with a copy on a website of
> mine... to all those who r gonna talk bout copyright laws and that BS, ill
> tell u from now: shut up biatch!" :) and i never accully said id let him
> download a copy, just sad id hock him up, to one :)
>
> SWE
> If its name isnt SWE (or God) it isnt worth worshipping...

that's right! you teach those capitalist pigs! :) lol

-Silenced

bugs in the rwx sphere primitive?

Feb 23, 2002, 3:24am
Yeah, they used a new sphere type in 3.2. Try saving it from inside the
modelere then try. It should look better then it does now.

bugs in the rwx sphere primitive?

Feb 23, 2002, 3:26am
*gasp* my cover's blown

[View Quote]

bugs in the rwx sphere primitive?

Feb 23, 2002, 4:45am
> Actually what I want to do is create the rwx file from my own
> program[1] and I'm just trying to figgure out what would be the
> cleanest way to write out the export file in light of the
> changes introduced in the 3.2 browser.
>
> Have a look at this picture to see an example of what im trying
> to export to RWX:
> http://memeticdrift.net/jitterbug/temp/bands.jpg
>
> What I have been doing up to now is use the sphere primitive in
> a prototype and translate it into the correct possitions for
> the joints as shown with blue spheres in the screen shot. This
> was why the primitive was very convenient. I do someting similar
> for the rods only i both translate and rotate them into place.

Wow you lost me on this part :).

> I guess I could create the sphere out of triangles as rwModler
> does. It would just be more work on my part and would result in
> slightly bigger rwx files.
>
> Yes, I could call the switch of sphere types as a 3.2 quirk
> and the result of a design choice however the openGL one looks
> realy broken. (ie: a bug) I think a programmer at AW should
> have peek at it.

Hmm.. I don't think they really care about it right now.. this might be
fixed in 3.3?

> I'm still not sure what's up with the lighting between the
> old and new versions. Something has changed as there doesn't
> seem to be any hilights in AW anymore. I can't get the
> shinny plastic look I had before.

Only one of the lighting modes works now :\. That may be your problem..
using one of the older light settings.

-Silenced

ngs on a mac?

Mar 5, 2002, 5:53pm
Nah, just use a DHCP server and have the mac grab it automatically from
there. (windows98+ all have a DHCP proxy server).

-Silenced

[View Quote]

ngs on a mac?

Mar 5, 2002, 8:33pm
It would but that's not really networking them :). It only takes 3 NIC
cards a couple of button clicks and you're off with the ICS client.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

ngs on a mac?

Mar 6, 2002, 11:25pm
LoL they both probably take the same amount of time.. 1 to put all the NIC's
in then 2 to set up all the computers to recieve the IP.. so yeah it's about
the same time.

-Silenced

[View Quote] > why

Site hosting with Road Runner

Feb 27, 2002, 10:38pm
Road-runner allows you to run servers.. although you can't do it for profit.
Only for private, personal use.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

for those sick of pop up/under messages..

Mar 2, 2002, 9:29pm
I found this nifty little utility:

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm

seems like it works well (highly customizable).

-Silenced

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  |