wizard myrddin // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  |

help aw make money (yes)

Apr 6, 2002, 11:05am
I would love and wish to see aw introduce a affiliate program.

After all aw members bring more into aw then the great advertising campaign
at present.

Well its a wish and dis is da ng for wishes

Wiz

help aw make money (yes)

Apr 7, 2002, 9:09am
or even better if you know

http://www.activeworlds.com/info/partners.asp

I quote;
Activeworlds Affiliate
a.. Must be a licensed, reputable business.
b.. Dedicated to using the Activeworlds technology for yourself or your
clients.
c.. Must refer a minimum of $500 a quarter in product sales to retain
affiliate status.
d.. Activeworlds will grant affiliate status at its sole discretion

[View Quote]

help aw make money (yes)

Apr 7, 2002, 12:20pm
So true was even surprised to hear about the U.K having a distributor for aw
products..

Must be one of them "Ghost" companies for want of a better word as I've
never seen or heard in any press or trade Journals in the U.K industry of
any distributor for AW products.

[View Quote]

removal of object warnings facility

Apr 6, 2002, 11:35am
As some world owners at this time are a little touchy about op security.

Would it not be in some ways to find a better mehod of cache listing, one
that only lists worlds instaed of the actual path?

Also make the advanced fault finding facility one that world owners can
controll. In this respect in world features allow ct's to turn off this
faciltity for users..

Well back to pipe smoking ^^

Wiz again

AW Home Page Avatars

Apr 29, 2002, 3:42pm
Hi Babara

have you checked is the avatar.zip file contains all the avatars?? I loked
at the avatars.dat file and most seem to be there.. This is the ones from
the homepages..

[View Quote]

contact List aceptance

May 27, 2002, 8:43am
Just a little thing or it might not be:

Authorization before been allowed to put someone on your contact list?

As in the Beta group it has been mentioned that a green question mark appears
when you opt for "hide my on line status"

If the facility to authorize a cit to add you to contact list this would as
Xelgot states;

"A big fat questionmark next to my name highlights the fact that I do not
conform to the expectations of inquisitive people, or of a commercial
nosysiness, and just want to log in when I want to."

This option would offer this facility to only allow these you want to see you
are on-line that you are in world.

Not sure if this additional requirment would require a great deal of extra code
or even any great alteration, but one worth considering to empower the member
only to accept those he/her wishs to know when they are on line.

Wiz

contact List aceptance

May 27, 2002, 2:26pm
Just hope telegrams cant get through the yellow question mark, but will no
dought see soon ^^

Wiz
[View Quote]

I wish...

Sep 2, 2002, 11:39am
rofl

lawnmowerman rypp is comming

brb phone

[View Quote]

Expired PPWs

Mar 2, 2004, 8:50pm
It has been known for someone with root access to change expired cit names
and change objects on request, and I know where :-)

[View Quote]

virus alert (cross-posted to all groups)

Feb 20, 2004, 5:17am
W32.netsky.b at mm is a mass mailing worm and as discovered by the following
url:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky.b at mm.html

Share and enjoy

[View Quote]

virus alert (cross-posted to all groups)

Feb 20, 2004, 3:05pm
lol or even the worm in Cabo Wabo Tequila, I share a drink with the best of
them

Share and consume

[View Quote]

server log viewing

Mar 2, 2004, 8:47pm
I would like to see the admin tool take on a better interface with the world
server. This is in interrogation of the dumps it has performed and the log
files.

It should be all available instead of reliance on third party tools..

server log viewing

Mar 2, 2004, 10:07pm
A ha right, I often wondered why it was never used within the admin tool :-)

[View Quote]

Adding to contacts by approval

Mar 18, 2004, 8:08pm
Hi all

Just a though..
Although privacy allows blanking of on line and world in status and in the
need of some that might require not to allow a member to add them to their
contacts list.

Not sure if its possible but only to allow adding someone to contacts list
by approval of that person. I know many other systems have this facility.

Also if a member has lapsed (especially these days) have there name change
to a different colour to show its pointless teleing them as they aren't no
longer a member.

Anyway some ideas

Adding to contacts by approval

Mar 19, 2004, 12:19pm
That was the Idea of it, why add for no reason, plus privacy in enhanced.

I would certainly like to know who has my non de plum on there contacts for
no reason.

Just another enhancement to provide privacy on line.

[View Quote]

Wish: Some Good AW PR!

Mar 30, 2004, 7:59am
I used to like it when Roland and factor used to have their "Tech Talks" you
know then that there was some contact with the membership, plus you got
snippets of what AW.INC was trying to achieve, you got answers to questions,
saw eep get ejected and above all you felt the owners of aw.inc had time to
meet some of the membership, and any of the membership not just a few that
seem to know where they are in aw universe.

Although staff has been reduced over the years which could explain the
demise of membership contact and now its all done by email which is some
contact. But a passing Hi, how are you, are you enjoying yourself in aw
never comes amiss and for a newbie makes there day that a member of aw.inc
staff spoke to them.

If I may give one example in comparison, and not wishing to promote any
other VR community.

I visited "there" just to see what it was all about after reading about it.
I was greeted and I was approached by a "greeter" saying she was my mentor
while I was finding my way around, and if I ever got stuck or any questions
just telegram her.
One to one communications never comes bad and promotes interaction.

I was at the gate once and I saw a newbie member asking about possible
purchasing a world. He/she never got any response from gatekeepers, this
newbie member asked about meshes, same response.
All that was typed was HUGGERS and hugs

Promote the product by communications and interaction.

AW needs more friendly interaction and not the usual flamming in newsgroups
and Pixel power people. It was suggested to me a new award scheme in aw

" The Pixel Power Awards" I wonder how many would qualify eh! nominations in
the newsgroups please lol

Share and Enjoy

[View Quote]

Is the Uniserver down? <NT>

Nov 9, 2001, 10:27am
Just goes to show the update page might not be automatically updated

Might even be a rougue bot from Bingo world seeking revenge on the members
of the community. *rofl*

[View Quote]

html help

Nov 10, 2001, 9:17pm
You can aways use a html shrinker which makes life more difficult for
someone wanting to view source. Or even create a flash movie with your
graphics in it.

In all the snippets of code to stop people seeing the source code can be
overcome if you put your mind to it, either by what you state view source or
even save the page to file and then look. To protect any image or graphic
use a watermark, this proves the owner of any such graphic.

Also ASP makes life dificult, but a understanding of asp is required.

[View Quote]

translators needed

Nov 16, 2001, 11:34am
Cant any of the cits in dreamlandpark help you with this. Im sure if the
pages are for dreamlandpark they would only be to helpfull.

[View Quote]

translators needed

Nov 16, 2001, 3:26pm
I usually use one of the on line auto translaters for the pages, then just
get someone to prove read it.

Some do a total web page translate, then just save it out into what ever.

[View Quote]

Re: Hmmm...

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C17286.9A9625C0

ROFL rock it Bush, now if we can only get one with Rolands face one.
[View Quote]
------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C17286.9A9625C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ROFL rock it Bush, now if we can =
only get one=20
with Rolands face one.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"tyrell" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca">tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3BFB7511.7096710C at sk.sympatico.ca">news:3BFB7511.7096710C at sk=
..sympatico.ca</A>...</DIV>&nbsp;<A=20
href=3D"http://www.miniclip.com/dancingbush.htm">MiniClip.com</A>=20
<P>-- <BR>Tyrell - Alpha Prime - 21.8s 457e 90 - "Mundus vult decipi" =
<BR>"Eat=20
well, stay fit, die anyway." <BR><A=20
=
href=3D"http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/ty1/index.html">http://www3.sk.sympat=
ico.ca/ty1/index.html</A>=20
<BR>ICQ UN - 272905 <BR>All those who believe in psychokinesis raise =
my hand.=20
<BR>&nbsp; </P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C17286.9A9625C0--

any ferret owners please help

Nov 26, 2001, 7:37pm
Plus ask Rochard Whitley from the UK TV program "Countdown" one bite and
its only playing. Think a virtual one is a better one can delete at will and
fingers stay intact.

[View Quote]

VIRUS ALERT

Dec 9, 2001, 6:02pm
yes had that one luckerly Norton stopped it ariving and i promtly deleted it
and cleaned system.

Just shows folks, keep your virus checker unpdated.

[View Quote]

question

Dec 10, 2001, 9:09pm
did 5 seconds ago

[View Quote]

question

Dec 12, 2001, 1:10am
But rem win XP is a hungry big devil for mem, would not run aw under 256meh
of it.

The machine Ibought only had 128 and that ran aw client at 100% of cpu, so
if not got get as much mem as you can afford.

[View Quote]

cable modem

Dec 13, 2001, 5:50pm
And proberly illegal into to it

[View Quote]

New world...

Dec 16, 2001, 10:34am
All the best with the new world Niki

[View Quote]

And I Thought *I* Was Desperate...

Dec 23, 2001, 12:35am
Hell and be dammed Im cheaper then that:

"Woman with cable connection for marriage"

Apply
Lost Wizard

[View Quote]

Re: Laws? (was Re: HaPpY Holidays - Free Objects)

Dec 24, 2001, 7:03pm
Well fully agree there if overcharged a refund will be forthcoming. It is
only the person who hits submit twice at blame here, I know I certainly
would not hit submit more then once on any cc transaction.

I have always found if you explain the situation aw will accommodate to help
you, for instance I had problems when my cit ran out, I got word to aw and
the responded by increasing my cit by one month to allow problems to be
overcome.

So from my view if you inform aw of any problem in conjunction with cc
problems or problems in renewing cits they are extreamly helpfull.

Hence the message is explain any problems to aw and dont hit submit more
then once on any cc transaction on the net.
[View Quote]

M/S Plug and play urgent update

Jan 1, 2002, 11:11am
Hi Folks

For members that use windows i have found a article that concerns all;
Microsoft Windows 98

Microsoft Windows 98SE
Microsoft Windows ME
Microsoft Windows XP

I quote from the Microsoft web site;
Who should read this bulletin: Customers using Microsoft® Windows® ME or XP,
or who have installed the Windows XP Internet Connection Sharing client on
Windows 98 or 98SE.

Impact of vulnerability: Run code of attacker's choice.

Maximum Severity Rating: Critical

Recommendation: Microsoft strongly urges all Windows XP customers to apply
the patch immediately. Customers using Windows 98, 98SE or ME should apply
the patch if Universal Plug and Play support is installed and running

If you require updates do it now!

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/
bulletin/MS01-059.asp

Keep safe in 2002