OFF TOPIC ATN. facter fire wall testing (Community)

OFF TOPIC ATN. facter fire wall testing // Community

1  |

nova n@n.com

Aug 2, 2001, 10:11pm
Hey facter i was wondering about the firewall beta testing i have replyed to
your emails but havent had a responce bac.
I know from a previous post you have been backlogged on responding to emails
was just wondering what was going on with it?

And to all thoose who will flame me for posting off topic in the wrong news
group i dotn think facter reads genral disusion much but he does read
community

facter

Aug 3, 2001, 12:24am
> Hey facter i was wondering about the firewall beta testing i have replyed
> your emails but havent had a responce bac.
> I know from a previous post you have been backlogged on responding to
emails
> was just wondering what was going on with it?
>
> And to all thoose who will flame me for posting off topic in the wrong
news
> group i dotn think facter reads genral disusion much but he does read
> community

Everything was passed to Roland, the tihng is, is that we were looking for
beta testers for people that could *not* access AW in any way, but most of
the people tht wanted to be on the Beta test were people that already were
able to access AW from behind their firewall - thats not really what we were
after.

It is in Roland ball park anyways, all of that is up to him.

Facter.

sw comit

Aug 3, 2001, 12:38am
I can't access AW when I set this computer as a client on the proxy, so I
had to rewire my house so this computer was the host instead.

[View Quote]

insanity

Aug 3, 2001, 1:06am
Let me get this straight... You posted an add for beta testers inside of a
community which is used by registered citizens but you wanted people who could
not access AW ? Interesting... perhaps I should try fishing in the desert
sand... I might have as much success as you have had *S* Let me pass a
friendly suggestion your way... if you want people who 'cannot' access AW, then
find your source at support at activeworlds since that would be where people mailed
to complain they can not access your program... and... when the stock holders
cry out for some real organization and wish to appoint a CEO who has some
business insight and experience... fell free to phone *S* I doubt you will find
many unable to access aw people in an aw citizen only access news group.

Thanks for the chuckle time... peace & health...

PS - no ill thoughts to you factor... you were not appointed the leader... just
one of the ones following the blind...

[View Quote] > to
> emails
> news
>
> Everything was passed to Roland, the tihng is, is that we were looking for
> beta testers for people that could *not* access AW in any way, but most of
> the people tht wanted to be on the Beta test were people that already were
> able to access AW from behind their firewall - thats not really what we were
> after.
>
> It is in Roland ball park anyways, all of that is up to him.
>
> Facter.

eep

Aug 3, 2001, 1:13am
Too bad the stockholders have no power, according to Delaware corporation law (of which AWC is incorporated under...or at least was before the name change--perhaps AWC is no longer incorporated since "Inc." isn't in its name now, but since it's still a corporation the law probably still applies).

[View Quote] > find your source at support at activeworlds since that would be where people mailed
> to complain they can not access your program... and... when the stock holders
> cry out for some real organization and wish to appoint a CEO who has some
> business insight and experience... fell free to phone *S* I doubt you will find
> many unable to access aw people in an aw citizen only access news group.

the derek

Aug 3, 2001, 1:38am
hes got a point why register if you cant get in?

[View Quote]

facter

Aug 3, 2001, 3:40am
Argh! Its like constantly hitting your head againsta brick wall in here
sometimes !!!

Seriously!

Why?? God guys, you are all very intelligent, then why didnt you get why I
asked in here????

Because there are people in here that have firewalls at *work* or on *other*
systems that they *cannot* access AW from behind - we arnt after people that
have systems they CAN access it from behind, we are after the people that
might *also* have a system that they *cant access it from behind, like say a
wrk or coprotate computer?? that *know* the product and can help us out - we
have about two of them, and also, yes, I used the support email as well !

Man! somtimes you guys are impossible...think about things a little !!

F.

--
==================================
I am Drunk of Borg. Resistance is floor tile.

anduin lothario

Aug 3, 2001, 7:41am
There there, it's all for the lovin' facter <pats him on shoulder> there
there mate.
Here have a break, have a kit kat...

You might need a vacation me thinks...

--
====================
www.anduin-lothario.com

facter

Aug 3, 2001, 9:05am
> There there, it's all for the lovin' facter <pats him on shoulder> there
> there mate.
> Here have a break, have a kit kat...
>
> You might need a vacation me thinks...

awwww =)

You know, I have a five year old nephew that says the same kind of thing
when theres nothing else he can say in an argument where he gets beaten by
rationality... god he's so *cute* =)

F.

> --
> ====================
> www.anduin-lothario.com
> www.uswf.net
> ====================
[View Quote]

dzap

Aug 3, 2001, 9:37am
"facter" <facter at activeworlds.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3b6a0b63 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
-snip-
> Everything was passed to Roland, the tihng is, is that we were looking
for
> beta testers for people that could *not* access AW in any way, but
most of
> the people tht wanted to be on the Beta test were people that already
were
> able to access AW from behind their firewall - thats not really what
we were
> after.
>
> It is in Roland ball park anyways, all of that is up to him.

If you ask for email replies and don't intend to answer back can you
please set up an automated reply thing so we at least get to know if the
mail have reached you or not. Total silence is annoying.

dZap, 2 emails without response

facter facter@awsupport

I'm sorry, everything on that topic gets sent straight to Roland, I have
nothing to do with the firewall beta test, I was just asked to post a
message in here for it.

F.

dzap

Aug 3, 2001, 12:19pm
"facter" <"Facter at AWsupport"> skrev i meddelandet
news:3b6aaae5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

[View Quote] The request for automated replies goes for him too but since the return
address was fletch at activeworlds.com you now know why you get strange
looks from him... :)

dZap

scred

Aug 3, 2001, 2:31pm
you know, i have a friend who resorts to calling people 5 year-olds when
he's getting in a pissy mood. :P

[View Quote]

datedman

Aug 3, 2001, 2:42pm
I do NOT!

[View Quote] > you know, i have a friend who resorts to calling people 5 year-olds when
> he's getting in a pissy mood. :P

[View Quote]

wing

Aug 3, 2001, 4:55pm
[View Quote] *points to wall014h.rwx* Real brick wall for ya.

> Why?? God guys, you are all very intelligent

You give a lot of us way too much credit.

facter facter@awsupport

Aug 3, 2001, 5:15pm
[View Quote] I didnt call anyone a 5 year old as far as I know ???

F.

[View Quote]

eep

Aug 3, 2001, 5:16pm
Yea, really. It's obvious AWC does NOT know how to do PR (that's public relations in case you didn't get it, Fac).

[View Quote] > There there, it's all for the lovin' facter <pats him on shoulder> there
> there mate.
> Here have a break, have a kit kat...
>
> You might need a vacation me thinks...

[View Quote]

facter facter@awsupport

Aug 3, 2001, 7:45pm
[View Quote] Hehehe, like your an expert in any kind of relations !!! lol

Oh, darn, thats right, I'm "Filtered" (tm)

=)

F.