dzap // User Search

1  2  |

Best bot for the job?

Apr 29, 2001, 1:04pm
I would like advise on which bot is the best to use for a greeter slash
helper bot speaking and understanding Swedish. The function will not be
that advanced, just greeting newcomers and whispering help on request.
Swedish throughout is a prerequisite. I don't want, and don't have the
knowledge, to make the bot from scratch. Maybe there are some good
scripts already available that I can just translate and modify.

Thanks

dZap

Best bot for the job?

May 1, 2001, 8:51pm
Thanks for all advise. The result can hopefully soon be experienced in
the swedish universe Karlskrona2.

dZap

Best bot for the job?

May 2, 2001, 4:57am
"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> skrev i meddelandet
news:3AEF4CEC.734D5088 at oct31.de...
> As you know Karlskrona2 :
>
> Do they remove citizenships after some time of beeing a lazy visitor?
>
> How are they related to Wolfsburg2 ?

Both projects are initiated by a Danish(!) team called Superflex and the
technical administrator / caretaker for both worlds are a Danish
architect.

The intention is that the universes should have citizens only from the
real world Karlskrona and Wolfsburg but in this phase everybody is
welcome, if they can speak Swedish or German that is :)
If the universe is reset for the next phase your citizenship may be
revoked but no signs of that yet.

dZap

Best bot for the job?

May 2, 2001, 2:52pm
"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> skrev i meddelandet
news:3AF0040D.26C931DC at oct31.de...
> Thanks :)
-snip-
the

> Hm, mine disappeared 2 times already - and with that my (small)
> contact list.

There is unfortunately a good reason for this. Due to a server crash at
aw.com and lack of backups when the worlds finally came online it was
with an empty user database. So if you immigrated again after that your
cit was once again removed when the original user database was restored.
As far as I can see you are welcome back as yourself and 472 in K2 and
19 in W2 which should be your original citizenships.

dZap

Lister Version 1

Aug 22, 2002, 6:53am
"bluemoon8963" <bluemoon8963 at hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3d644bd1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> For some reason the news reader messed up the attachment and the post
(note:
> it wasn't Outlook Express). anyway here it is:

There was nothing technically wrong with the post you did with XNews.
The attachment decoded ok. The post just got sent as 2 because you
reached a limit. That is normal behaviour.

dZap

Many bots now open source

Apr 19, 2005, 1:19pm
"Brant" <awteen at shoemakervillage.org> skrev i meddelandet
news:41da0522 at server1.Activeworlds.com
> Hi,
>
> Since many of my bots are becoming outdated, I have decided to release
> the entire codebase for everything that's listed on
> shoemakervillage.org (and for some things that aren't). The
> following bots will now be under the GPL:
-snip-
> Keep watching here for an announcement once Tony M makes the code
> available!

Any news on this or did I miss something?

/dZap

Re: Mirrors.

Jul 10, 1998, 4:26am
I use the ActiveX version to have 2 3D windows. I can look myself in the
face (And have silly conversations :) ). Also creating a bot is also a way
of checking avatars.

grover skrev i meddelandet <35A53F83.6B52DD98 at synergycorp.com>...
>I like that :) hey! maybe we could eventually have an option for multiple
3D
>windows, so we could be 2 places at once? :)
>
>grover

[View Quote]

AW Frequently Wished Wishes-list

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01BE2CEE.4FAE1580

"# 5 Last telegram at top" or in whatever order you want.=20
We already have that (Click the From or Sent buttons at the top of the =
list).

Maybe it's an old list :)

Jonas aka dZap

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01BE2CEE.4FAE1580

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&quot;# 5 Last telegram at top&quot; or =
in whatever=20
order you want. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We already have that (Click the From or =
Sent=20
buttons at the top of the list).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Maybe it's an old list :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jonas aka =
dZap</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01BE2CEE.4FAE1580--

Protecting Children

Jun 18, 2000, 8:30pm
"Zzed" <zzed at kabsi.at> skrev i meddelandet
news:3948d21d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I wish there was a better way to protect children in AW especially very
young
> children who are unaware of the serious nature of some worlds and who may
be
> tempted to explore them.

- snip -

Under Options / Settings / General there is a "Maximum rating" setting that
prevents you from entering worlds with a higher rating. I don't know if
world owners use this feature enough. Maybe there should be some reminders
posted in the worldbuilders group.

Jonas aka dZap

Re: plagarism (was Re: saving cell data)

Sep 25, 2001, 12:55pm
I think popularity has more to do with quality than quantity in this
case.

dZap

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at nckcn.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3bb01d06$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> new user = You don't post, you're an observer. You post, you're a
user.
> Big difference in how people perceive you. :) But... I warned you.
> --
> SW Chris
> Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?
> http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

[View Quote]

Protecting Children

Jun 18, 2000, 8:30pm
"Zzed" <zzed at kabsi.at> skrev i meddelandet
news:3948d21d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I wish there was a better way to protect children in AW especially very
young
> children who are unaware of the serious nature of some worlds and who may
be
> tempted to explore them.

- snip -

Under Options / Settings / General there is a "Maximum rating" setting that
prevents you from entering worlds with a higher rating. I don't know if
world owners use this feature enough. Maybe there should be some reminders
posted in the worldbuilders group.

Jonas aka dZap

webtv?

Jul 19, 2000, 6:30pm
"doc" <docgrady at tiki.net> skrev i meddelandet
news:3975d3e6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> hi all,
> i was wondering if webtv can be used for "Aworld" chat line?
> thanks. ...doc

This is a bit of topic but is WebTV a big thing in the US? I don't think it
even exists here in Sweden. Everyone here wanting to surf use a regular
computer.

Jonas

dll needed

Dec 29, 2000, 1:20pm
Never leave home without this url:
FAST FTP Search 4.0 http://ftpsearch.lycos.com/?form=medium

Jonas aka dZap

World Problem

Jan 18, 2001, 10:50pm
Patience, there will be another email.

dZap

"agent fox mulder" <jarync at home.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3a678b78 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> From Billing At Activeworlds:
> Thank you for your order. Please keep this receipt for your records.
>
> 1/16/01 4:33 pm
> Anacom Assigned Order Number: 78267
> Shipping Last Name: Clouatre
> Shipping First Name: Jaryn M
> Shipping Company Name: None
> Shipping Street Address: *********
> Shipping City: Prince Albert
> Shipping State : Saskatchewan
> Shipping Postal Code: *** ***
> Shipping Country: Canada
> Shipping Option:
> Email: jarync at home.com
> Phone: (306)*******(I WIll Not Show)
> Fax:
> Comments: Shaw at Home web search
> Order Sub-Total: 92.95
>

> The total including Shipping is: 92.95
> Items Ordered:
> 1 PS8 - 40 thousand square meters - 8 simul. users (1 free
registration)
> ColKlink at $92.95 ea.
>

> --
> UMMM Why does it not say my world password so i can start it up and
what
> about the free citizenship????

World Problem

Jan 19, 2001, 3:26am
I haven't a faintest idea what you are talking about. Maybe it's not
part of the Swedish collective memory.

"nova" <n at n.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3a67b841 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> hmm is that in a can as in Prince Albert
> yes yes i know its a old joke but hey was to easy :)
[View Quote]

Zone Alarm

Feb 8, 2001, 10:41pm
"facter" <"Facter at AWsupport"> skrev i meddelandet
news:3a830870$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> It has been noticed by us here at Tech support, that the program Zone
Alarm
> and AW really dont work well together - in fact, zone alarm tends to
block
> AW from working at all, and treats it as a rouge program.
>
> What I want to know is, have any of you used Zone alarm and got AW
working
> with it - the worst things about zonealarm, is that even uninstalling
it,
> does not always unblock the ports - for some wierd reason.
>
> Just after anyones experiences with the program =)

Using ZA on my NT server with a world hosted. Doing my world surfing
from a computer behind the server.
Using low sercurity on the local side and medium on the internet side.
No problems so far.

Jonas

Possible time zone problem with Total time online in 3.1

Feb 14, 2001, 6:16am
After a short session yeasterday and a short one this morning my online
time is nearly 7 hours. It should be about 1 hour. I'm in CET (GMT+1).

dZap

Possible time zone problem with Total time online in 3.1

Feb 14, 2001, 11:38pm
Hi Kha,

So I was wrong, just like you. Guess we are all human. No need to scream
about it.
FYI VRT is GMT-1 so I'm 3 hours east of VRT and 6 hours east of EST,
which, I think, is the time they use on the server.

dZap

"kah" <hiorth at sensewave.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3a8aece7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> a littpe tip from me:
> READ THE "WHAT'S NEW?" WEBPAGES CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU MAKE SILLY
> POSTS!!!!!!!!!!
> the site about 3.1 says CLEARLY that it's AFTER THE UNIVERSE SERVER
WAS
> UPGRADED TO 3.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> NOT AFTER THE USER UPGRADES TO 3.1!!!!!!
> and if I'm right, zdap, you sure wouldn't have had any TZ trouble,
cuzz (if
> I remember right) VRT is GMT +1
>
> KAH
> Don't blame me for posting this, blame the 120 DAMNED MESSAGES THAT
DOWNLOAD
> 5 HOURS SINCE I CHECKED THE NEWS LAST TIME!!!!

Possible time zone problem with Total time online in 3.1

Feb 14, 2001, 11:40pm
oops make that GMT-2, the rest was right tho...

"dzap" <dzap at localbar.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3a8b3307$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi Kha,
>
> So I was wrong, just like you. Guess we are all human. No need to
scream
> about it.
> FYI VRT is GMT-1 so I'm 3 hours east of VRT and 6 hours east of EST,
> which, I think, is the time they use on the server.
>
> dZap
>
> "kah" <hiorth at sensewave.com> skrev i meddelandet
> news:3a8aece7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> WAS
> cuzz (if
> DOWNLOAD

video card prob...

Feb 15, 2001, 3:23pm
"kah" <hiorth at sensewave.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3a8c0b13 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> deleting the cache didn't work...anyway, I installed AW 3.1 esle that
where
> 2.2 is. I think that I don't have that 960 x 720 and i don't want a
800 x
> 600 resolution, that's too low. well, I've been in contact with a
local
> retailer, I guess that I'll buy VOOODOO5 pretty soon...
> I'll check if I have that other res.
>
> KAH
> PS. soon to come in KAH Town: KAH Town Bank

You should not buy a Voodoo 5 since 3dfx has gone belly up, well they
have been bought by nVidia, makers of GeForce.
An era has come to an end...

(I know this is not really news. It happened in December)

dZap

video card prob...

Feb 15, 2001, 9:29pm
The biggest issue with "obsolete" hardware is drivers. I don't believe
nVidia will assign major resources in developing better drivers for
Voodoo cards.

"nova" <n at n.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3a8c4838$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> every app i have uses both if you set it to single chip only it wont
but
> other wise it does and id still buy it today 3dfx or no 3dfx when they
> released the card they had no idea they would soon have to close down
and
> they warentyed it for life so i figure that they tested the heck out
of it
> when they said life time warenty.
[View Quote]

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Mar 9, 2001, 4:00pm
XP is Windows 2001 succeeding Windows 2000. This time it really is the
OS that every Windows user is meant to use. No more 9x versions. There
will be a "Personal" version for former 9x users with no support for
dual processors etc but it's still the same OS as "Professional" and
"Server" etc.
There are new functions to trick applications that they are running in
older versions. I have played games for 9x in XP beta (Whistler) with no
problems after configuring them to believe they are running in W95.
Since XP is meant for everybody from newbie to master the interface of
course has a lot of fluff for the advanced user. The first thing a
normal user will do after installation is turning off a lot of stuff.
Not uncommon even today

Jonas aka dZap

"agent1" <Agent1 at my.activeworlds.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3aa8d787$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> By NT, I mean Windows 2000. If XP and ME aren't in the same line, then
I still have reason to group them together... They're in the
I'll-never-install-it-on-any-computer group :)

> -Agent1

[View Quote]

No early april joke

Mar 22, 2001, 9:21pm
"rolu" <rolu.university at bigfoot.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3aba74ab$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

> Yeah. Suppose someone would patent clicking on things to buy them
online or
> something silly like that.

"BT sues Prodigy over U.S. hyperlink patent"

http://www.idg.net/ic_316584_1794_1-483.html

create picture oct31.de/dyn/info.php

Apr 4, 2001, 8:29am
You know, I already have that info but thanks anyway :)

HELP

Apr 8, 2001, 3:59pm
Since you're still having problems. You are not running an Unreal
Tournament server are you? :)
At one point I mapped port 7777 on the server machine to another machine
running UT. When I tried to enter my world some time later I had
forgotten about the mapping and couldn't figure out why I could get in
but no objects got loaded and nothing got recorded in the world log. I
was pretty frustrated before I found out :)

dZap

[NG Survivor] Let The Game Begin

May 14, 2001, 2:49pm
"casay" <casay2 at home.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3b000275$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> It needs the www for the link to work right- trying again..
> http://www.outinstyle.com

ROTFL!!

"SWEDISH WOOL ARMY TROUSERS 19.95"

"USED SWEDISH GAS MASK BAG 9.95"

but I must say the prices are not bad

dZap

Location of next reunion?

Jul 16, 2001, 8:59am
"nornny" <Nornny1 at home.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3b523f11$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> If I recall right, there are two smaller reunions going on this year.
:)
> There will be one in Portland, Oregon and another in Europe in Sweden,
> think. As for an east coast reunion, looks like there isn't one
planned yet.
> I can't blame AWCOM, they WANT to travel away from the east coast,
they work
> in good ol Massachusetts all day anyways.

Do you have any information about the Swedish one? A name or a place,
perhaps?

Jonas aka dZap

OFF TOPIC ATN. facter fire wall testing

Aug 3, 2001, 9:37am
"facter" <facter at activeworlds.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3b6a0b63 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
-snip-
> Everything was passed to Roland, the tihng is, is that we were looking
for
> beta testers for people that could *not* access AW in any way, but
most of
> the people tht wanted to be on the Beta test were people that already
were
> able to access AW from behind their firewall - thats not really what
we were
> after.
>
> It is in Roland ball park anyways, all of that is up to him.

If you ask for email replies and don't intend to answer back can you
please set up an automated reply thing so we at least get to know if the
mail have reached you or not. Total silence is annoying.

dZap, 2 emails without response

OFF TOPIC ATN. facter fire wall testing

Aug 3, 2001, 12:19pm
"facter" <"Facter at AWsupport"> skrev i meddelandet
news:3b6aaae5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

[View Quote] The request for automated replies goes for him too but since the return
address was fletch at activeworlds.com you now know why you get strange
looks from him... :)

dZap

AW Ear

Aug 13, 2001, 12:06pm
"tyrell" <tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca> skrev i meddelandet
news:3B7764D0.3E085A76 at sk.sympatico.ca...
-snip-
> Requests for future improvements... maybe a 'phonetic' library... The
>person I was testing with has a 'name' that the genie spells out... If
>I type the name phonetically, however, it says it properly... maybe a
>'word = new word' library option so the Genie uses the phonetic 'new
>word' whenever it comes across one it can't say... etc... not a big
>deal... just something to think about... :-)

That function allready exists. If you download the speech control panel
from http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads.htm you can add your own
pronunciations for words.

YMMV tho since I still haven't got AW Ear to work. The character shows
and text get captured to AW Ear but no speech. I have tried some other
agent enabled programs and some work and some don't so I think it's a
system fault. Maybe something with languages since my system is Swedish
W98. Anyone else seen this?

dZap