out of control gk bot (General Discussion)

out of control gk bot // General Discussion

1  2  3  |

binarybud

Jul 18, 2003, 6:45pm
Your the one that keeps referring to my age... I'd like YOU to repost and highlight where I absolved ANY argument with my AGE? Post it, show me, ......otherwise your just a blowhard. I have a ton more EXPERIENCE than you do in LIFE.....I'm sorry that hurts your EGO so bad Bowen GET OVER IT and move on with your life....don't fight it all the time. Oh and I act like you , because it's the only way YOU pay any attention. :) And in the past I may have generalized ( about "kids" ) once or twice too many times.....for that I am sorry.and will probably pay for it forever(or at least as long as Bowen follows me around hehehe)

I am friends with and work with many young'ins and respect them and their talents very much....but when you get people that have no respect for others....especially authority figures AND are loud mouthed about it.....then I lose the respect and I label them as they need be....out of control "kids"....just like in my neighborhood at home..;) their parents don't care to keep an eye on them either...:) But I do.... as do all the other homeowners.

If you fit in this category Bowen then so be it. You make your bed....you sleep in it....:)

Leo :)

[View Quote] Uh, did you miss the arguement you're in right now? You said "kids"
obviously using your age as a comparitive analogy to how they're younger
than you are. Otherwise kids would be those that are younger than 12.
I don't think CP is that young. But, as I'm sure there's many of, it's
your arguements that you base around your age. Just type "young" or
"kids" in a search parameter and you'll see how fast your name pops up..
and how many times it pops up too.

My ego, yeah, it's throbbing with pain so bad right now. You act like
me without having to get my attention, you do it all the time. Once or
twice though, is far from it... maybe around eight or nine.

> I am friends with and work with many young'ins and respect them and
> their talents very much....but when you get people that have no
> respect for others....especially authority figures AND are loud
> mouthed about it.....then I lose the respect and I label them as they
> need be....out of control "kids"....just like in my neighborhood at
> home..;) their parents don't care to keep an eye on them either...:)
> But I do.... as do all the other homeowners.

Mmm, because he said confederate and got ejected? Really BinaryBud,
really. Think about how _stupid_ that is for a moment. You really just
can't be that idiotic, you can't. You have to _see_ that the
GateKeepers or the CA are/is really just being stupid and obtrusive now.

But, you don't keep an eye on them. You're like the creepy old man with
a rake who yells at them "get off my lawn you stupid kids."

> If you fit in this category Bowen then so be it. You make your
> bed....you sleep in it....:)

Does your wife/fiancee/significant other make yours or something? Of
course I make my bed.

No of SETI units returned: 40
Processing time: 31 days, 2 hours.
(Total hours: 746)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

binarybud

Jul 18, 2003, 7:17pm
your a joke, Bowen and you act like a disrespectfull ass...... what can i say.

Think about this....if you have an abusive, and actually a criminal(steals passwords and accounts), in your environment harrassing others why would you not make it hard for them to do what they are doing.....by setting up the bot to eject whenever it see's that name..... sounds like fiar play to me ...and guess what,...... i bet in a day or so those words are gone from the bot's vocab....you get it now ? nope you'll argue with the facts as they do not fit your brain...go for it loser.

[View Quote]

binarybud

Jul 18, 2003, 7:20pm
Bowen will you quit following my posts around and just get lost.....your acting like a little kid thats been scolded by other than his parents and wants to get his lame-ass pointless point across..........LOL

Leo :)

[View Quote] Seriously BinaryBud, when have I said anything about "M A T T"? No, I
said something about confederate but not M A T T. That is something I
actually agree with you on, but, the confederate thing is not.

As for M A T T, I agree that he is actually completely immature and most
likely a kid... but you didn't need to generalize about everyone who
gets ejected being one, especially if it's something like "confederate"
which doesn't violate any rules. Especially when all he said was
"leroy=confederate".

No of SETI units returned: 40
Processing time: 31 days, 2 hours.
(Total hours: 746)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

[View Quote] Quite the oxymoron user, aren't we?

No of SETI units returned: 40
Processing time: 31 days, 2 hours.
(Total hours: 746)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

stecloud

Jul 18, 2003, 8:14pm
Come on, Bowen tries to dispute your point and you call him a joke and a
"disrespectful ass". I normally sit on the fence in just about msot
everything - but if someone started to take shots at me, i'm not just gonna
lie down and take it. Similairly, i'm not going to with-hold my opinion on
something - if I think someone is wrong (which Bowen obviously does, I for
one don't have an opinion). Sure, it'd be hypocritical if Bowen could
dispute your points and you couldn't his - but when you start throwing
personal insults in - well, its not very mature or manly.

I guess i'm just a kid to you anyway, but I can at least try to teach you
something. As I said I sit on the fence for most things, but Bowen seems to
have an opinion on everything. What's wrong with that? I'm sure msot
people on these NGs live in a civilised, developed country where people are
entitled to opinions, but maybe there is a usage limit where you live. It
seems Bowen's has run out, whatever the case is.

Flame me :P

imma have to agree with Bowen on this.
BB your got this annoying way of expression your self, and taking your own
meaning for everything, then changing the meaning, again, and denying things
your said.about all that, you really do act very immature at times on the
NGs

-SWE
p.s: dont bother replying, im not gonna bother arguing with you anymore...

Then it may surprise you to learn that I agree with you, or at least
partially agree with you. BB's lack of tact is often irritating and you
would expect more from someone who claims to be more experienced at
life. Then again, you aren't doing yourself any favors either, Bowen,
but we already know about all that. :P

Watching you and Bud go at it is like watching some lame reality show:
The participants disgust you, but you just can't help but follow along.

[View Quote] [View Quote] --
Goober King
Has a sudden urge for Newsgroup Survivor...
awnews at awnews.org

maki

Jul 19, 2003, 1:13am
[View Quote] just why exactly would you even want to talk about the civil war? and even
more, in awgate?

maki

legion

Jul 19, 2003, 1:15am
Then Mr. King, who, in speaking of reality show, would be AW newsgroup
counterpart of Simon from American Idol? :P "Simon is really, really
digusted with participants from show" ;)

--
Legion
Don't ask me, I never met Simon, so quit bugging me, Simon-wise :P

"I think, therefore I am" - Rene Descartes,
17th-century French philosopher, Earth

[View Quote] You must love Jerry Springer then. ;)

No of SETI units returned: 40
Processing time: 31 days, 2 hours.
(Total hours: 746)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

weizer

Jul 19, 2003, 2:13am
Agree 100% with Ste. And also, the amount of life experience you got does
not mean anything. It depends of the experiences theirselves, not how many
you had.

-Weizer
"stecloud" <stecloud at fsmail.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f187149 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Come on, Bowen tries to dispute your point and you call him a joke and a
> "disrespectful ass". I normally sit on the fence in just about msot
> everything - but if someone started to take shots at me, i'm not just
gonna
> lie down and take it. Similairly, i'm not going to with-hold my opinion
on
> something - if I think someone is wrong (which Bowen obviously does, I for
> one don't have an opinion). Sure, it'd be hypocritical if Bowen could
> dispute your points and you couldn't his - but when you start throwing
> personal insults in - well, its not very mature or manly.
>
> I guess i'm just a kid to you anyway, but I can at least try to teach you
> something. As I said I sit on the fence for most things, but Bowen seems
> have an opinion on everything. What's wrong with that? I'm sure msot
> people on these NGs live in a civilised, developed country where people
are
> entitled to opinions, but maybe there is a usage limit where you live. It
> seems Bowen's has run out, whatever the case is.
>
> Flame me :P

[View Quote]

count dracula

Jul 20, 2003, 12:23pm
Lesson number one: forget logic and common sence whem dealing with AW.

At this point AWI should be aware of how GKs eject because of lack of
understanding or out of personal reasons. The bots are probably scripted by
these same persons who do not know the difference between Arsole and
Arshole.
What do AWI choose to do? Nothing, since it seems be their policy not to
want prople to join AW and especially not find other universes.

Drac
crazy pills <chris101d at comcast.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f1773f6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> i was in awgate cuz alaskan shadow told me a tourist was looking for me
and
> he was posing as a diff name but was actually "confederate" i said the
> following;

.duo.

Jul 21, 2003, 8:25am
Thank you... lol, I've been trying to say that for 80 billion years
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 21, 2003, 8:27am
I find it funny how you always speak up when I talk about kids. yup
*rolls eyes* there ya are.

"kids"

whats outta control is the punk-ass kids raising hell at others expense with
no respect for anyone. Seems like a simple and easy way to hassle them bask
to me. SWE,.... keep in mind that they can eject on the letters "SWE" also
and you can't do a damn thing about it get over it. Instead of waisting
your time critisizing AWI .....why not HELP AWI figure out a way to
combat/control these net abusers?

Come up with this solution and your a HERO in AWL :)

Leo :)

PS; I's not an unsolvable thing.....they just need to focus on it...:)

"punk-ass kids"
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 21, 2003, 8:31am
That's not the point. If you knew the AW SDK and could program, you'd notice
that the place where you can do something in response to chat is completely
seperate from the place you can do in response to a name. There's no reason
that the mention of the name should cause an eject, only the name itself
should.
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 21, 2003, 8:35am
If you like history and are trying to start a legitimate conversation? I
don't know...
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 21, 2003, 8:38am
I agree, and I also think that they should actually DO something about it.
[View Quote]

count dracula

Jul 21, 2003, 12:21pm
I somehow find this way of thinking disturbing. One is not supposed to
change things that is wrong ?

As a paying citizen, I one has to get some rights to ask for a justice
practice. Many people invest a lot in AW, not always directly, but alwso
inderectly buy buying webspace, hosting, software and models.
If AW suddenly shut down all my worlds, without a reason, I would find it
disturbing. I wonder how you would feel about it ?

Same with these random ejections from worlds owned by AWI. I can understand
that people may do as they wish in worlds they own, but the worlds owned by
AWI, is like the face of AW. When a tourist enter for the first time and
experience an unjustified ejection, it will probably piss him off that much,
he will never register etc

I think we should never accept unfairness, no matter how meaningless the
thing might seem, because if you give the little finger, it will take the
whole hand, as they say.

Drac
..duo. <ncommons at comcast.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f1bc02e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I find it funny how you always speak up when I talk about kids. yup
> *rolls eyes* there ya are.
>
> "kids"
>
> whats outta control is the punk-ass kids raising hell at others expense
with
> no respect for anyone. Seems like a simple and easy way to hassle them
bask
> to me. SWE,.... keep in mind that they can eject on the letters "SWE"
also
> and you can't do a damn thing about it get over it. Instead of waisting
> your time critisizing AWI .....why not HELP AWI figure out a way to
> combat/control these net abusers?
>
> Come up with this solution and your a HERO in AWL :)
>
> Leo :)
>
> PS; I's not an unsolvable thing.....they just need to focus on it...:)
>
> "punk-ass kids"
[View Quote]

mauz

Jul 21, 2003, 1:55pm
[View Quote] Gatekeepers have not received any instructions about
words "m a t t" or "confederate" being eject on site,
only told to look out in case M a t t advertises his password stealing bot.
So those words must have been programmed into Customs Aide by AWI.
That M a t t thingie has really been causing trouble for years now.

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

[View Quote] AWI, do something? No way José.

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

themask

Jul 21, 2003, 4:26pm
Rofl, I don't think AW will do anything about that.

truetome2

Jul 21, 2003, 5:38pm
Very well put Mauz and if everyone would just calm down they could see that
it was CA who did the ejecting not the on duty GK. As gatekeepers we are in
gate to help the new user not sit around ejecting everyone for whatever
reason, AWI has implemented the CA Bot to help filter out such words that
may be harmful to others, CA is a tool to aid the GK so they can be free to
help newcomers. Being a team leader in the GK organization I can say that we
have very high standards when it comes to ejecting folks and if you feel you
have ever been ejected "BY the GK" then file a complaint with the ETL's
(Executive Team Leaders) at gatekeepers at activeworlds.com

By coming into the NGs and posting you are only exhausting a negative image
of the Gatekeeper and it's not fair if in fact you were not ejected wrongly
or by the GK on duty. I understand your concerns about censorship, but
sometimes there are other reasons for things being handled the way they are
and if you are in doubt of something, you can always write to the
perspective group and ask questions. I have never heard of anyone being told
"that's none of your business".

My Best to you all,
TL-TrueToMe2
AWGatekeepers
Team TruBluXers

[View Quote] Praytell, TruBluXer team, how is confederate offensive? How is it in
any violation of the guidelines? Why is it when a majority of something
is bad and wrong it all boils down to AWGate? Why can't you guys just
_stop_, and maybe report this "offensive" word to AWI and how it's
ejecting innocent people. Do your jobs for once.

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

truetome2

Jul 21, 2003, 6:11pm
Bowen we do not have control over the words that are added to CA, she is the
sole responsibility of AWI, so praytell if you have a complaint about the
filtered words of CA take them to AWI yourself.... We the GK's are doing our
jobs, so please give us a break!!

TrueToMe2

[View Quote] That was funny, really... it was. It's your responsibility to make sure
ejections are fair and concise.

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

binarybud

Jul 21, 2003, 6:49pm
Bowen your being very ignorant right now.....I was at the gate when this attack was taking place and "Matt" and his "buddy" "confederate" were praying on folks at the Gate......Temporarily they(AWI) added "matt" and "confederate" to the eject list to let the two pukes know that they and their actions were not welcomed at the gate at all. Why are you making such a big issue out of a non-issue?

It's not the GK's responsibility to BABYSIT either...but they do....:)

When is the last time YOU tested either of these words at the Gate? I thought so....nuff said.

Leo :)

[View Quote] Temporarily... guess not. Let's try again. Adding things to the eject
list do not eject via name (that's a whole different SDK call as you
should know)... what the CA does, from what I gather from ejections and
non ejections on words, is they give it a word to eject on and it only
scans chat. I suppose they have a different part of the bot they add
name ejections too. But, lately, the person has been completely
ignoring that part of the bot -- thus thinking that only adding things
to the chat detection will eject via name.

> It's not the GK's responsibility to BABYSIT either...but they
> do....:)

Told ya it'd come back in one form or another.

> When is the last time YOU tested either of these words at the Gate?
> I thought so....nuff said.

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

binarybud

Jul 21, 2003, 11:18pm
your dreaming out loud Bowen. Making up your own set of facts <shakes
head>

[View Quote]

1  2  3  |