Someone REALLY lost the plot (General Discussion)

Someone REALLY lost the plot // General Discussion

that and ud run away if you saw MB_OK ;)

defiance

May 3, 2003, 11:13am
This isn't one week for being tourist, it means one week being a cit, if you
cancel a cit within one week after registering it will be free.

[View Quote]

defiance

May 3, 2003, 11:13am
You didn't know that.

[View Quote]

john

May 3, 2003, 12:55pm
Wudnt, lol

[View Quote]

john

May 3, 2003, 12:56pm
Shred, this was posted before?

[View Quote]

shred

May 3, 2003, 2:11pm
John: no, it wasn't.

anyone who's programmed in vb would know that it would be too shit to make
anything as good(or bad) as AW.

[View Quote]

wing

May 4, 2003, 3:36am
Ah. I avoid any programming tool/language with the word "Visual" in front of
it :)

ASM!!!

[View Quote]

rossyboy

May 4, 2003, 10:39am
No that's what I meant... that it will make parents paranoid if their
children do ask.

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote this
(news:3eb2d974 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in general.discussion on 02 May
2003:

> Rossy is wrong in this case, its not a matter of time E N Z O, its the
> matter of kids who will see this and turn straight around, those who
> do ask their parents will just be told no, its the way things are.
>
> - Mark

rossyboy

May 4, 2003, 11:00am
Didn't they just change the rules so that any winning content has to be G
rated or something?

"elyk" <kfoerst at sbcglobal.net> wrote this
(news:3eb36444$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in general.discussion on 03
May 2003:

> In fear that the children might stumble into the CY-Award winning, yet
> pervertely disturbing DS Worlds.....*rolls eyes*

alphabit phalpha

May 4, 2003, 12:37pm
Any participating and awarded world must be suitable for all ages.
A person who owns or plays in higher rated worlds is NOT disqualified, but
their entry must be in a world rated for all ages.
For instance, if a person created an avater or object in an adult rated
world that was suitable for all ages, they could place that avatar in a
friends world or we could possibly see about getting a "display" world to
place it, or have a world owner out there donate some of thier area for
displaying avs or objects....(oooooo idea!....exposure for a world owner!).
If ya'll need some explanations as to why...please holler:)

[View Quote]

wing

May 4, 2003, 3:39pm
Stay away from me then.

[View Quote]

elyk

May 5, 2003, 2:42am
I certainly hope so ;o)

[View Quote]

brant

May 7, 2003, 10:29am
Well, that's not exactly true. Keep in mind that VB.NET and C++.NET compile
to the same code. While they used to be different, what you said isn't true
anymore.

-Brant

[View Quote] They may not be using VC++ 7.

count dracula

May 9, 2003, 8:12am
"suitable for all ages". That is pretty much a cultural thing. Does it
actually mean " suitable for all ages in USA" ?

Drac
alphabit phalpha <alphabit at swbell.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:3eb525b4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Any participating and awarded world must be suitable for all ages.
> A person who owns or plays in higher rated worlds is NOT disqualified, but
> their entry must be in a world rated for all ages.
> For instance, if a person created an avater or object in an adult rated
> world that was suitable for all ages, they could place that avatar in a
> friends world or we could possibly see about getting a "display" world to
> place it, or have a world owner out there donate some of thier area for
> displaying avs or objects....(oooooo idea!....exposure for a world
owner!).
> If ya'll need some explanations as to why...please holler:)

[View Quote]

count dracula

May 9, 2003, 8:14am
Kind of funny. I know people who are 17 and married and even has a child of
their own. I guess they are suppoed to ask permission from mom if they can
go to AW and chat *G*

Drac
strike rapier <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> kirjoitti
viestissä:3eb2a890 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Okay I have no idea who did this but someone really really REALLY lost the
> plot BIG TIME with this welcome message. Its ridiculous, no offence to
> whoever did it but its absolutely stupidity.
>
> Are you trying to loose the majority of the customer base? You have no way
> of even checking if someone has permission, this does nothing but makes
> everyone run, Im trying my best to develop AWTeen, idiotic messages like
> this completely wreck my efforts.
>
> Will someone please find whoever wrote this, tie them to a chair and learn
> what an initial disclaimer is for and WHAT IN GODS NAME IS GOOD FOR
> BUSINESS!!!
>
> Immigration Officer: Welcome to Active Worlds. Most of the content in
Active
> Worlds is user generated and may not be suitable for person's under the
age
> of 18, parent's permission MUST be obtained before visiting Active Worlds.
> We welcome you to the AWGateway : )
>
> FIX IT!!!
>
> - Mark
> Why am I surrounded by fools? Yes no doubt this phrase was possibly put up
> by a good friend in AWC, sorry if it is you will just have to take the
flack
> this time :(

alphabit phalpha

May 9, 2003, 12:05pm
Well...seeing's how AW AND myself are in the USA, we need to follow USA laws
and regulations.
Working on the new cy pages now and I'll have more info on the rules page.
They should be up by then end of the weekend:)
BTW....they will be rated "F" for Fun!.....idea gratis Binary Bud:)

[View Quote]

count dracula

May 10, 2003, 6:34am
Yep, just what I meant. There is nothing such as "suitable for all ages"
that would be international. Guess we can be glad AW is not an Iranian
company, but only hosted in about the second most "srict" part of the world;
it will atleast not make us cover up the faces of the avatars, only some
other, in my opinion, innocent parts of the "body". I guess nobody will ever
be able to give me a logical explanation why we are supposed to cover up
genitals, and even worst breasts. Funny thing is also that men are allowed
to be topless but not female. I think this is something that feminists
should start bitching about. It cannot be right that women are not given the
same " rights" as men? The funny part is that for example the nipples on a
man and a woman are basically the same. When an unborn baby is developed all
get the same nipples, and only after that the sex is determinated; that is
the reason why men has nipples in the first place. ( Everyone actually
starts as female). I wonder how for example shemales are are considered.
They are legally men but have breasts; are they allowed to walk around
topless without getting in problem with the law? Can I have a topless
shemale in my G-rated world?

Drac

alphabit phalpha <alphabit at swbell.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:3ebbb5b1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Well...seeing's how AW AND myself are in the USA, we need to follow USA
laws
> and regulations.
> Working on the new cy pages now and I'll have more info on the rules page.
> They should be up by then end of the weekend:)
> BTW....they will be rated "F" for Fun!.....idea gratis Binary Bud:)

lol! would be nice if the feminists start bitchin about being allowed to
walk around topless wouldn't it? :D

-SWE

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

May 10, 2003, 9:34am
Ummm...they have here in Austin during Mardi Gras:)
And...they won:)
It's a tradition that gals bare there top part of their bodies in exchange
for colorful plastic bead necklaces.
Sheesh...and all this time I have been getting gratis from restaurants:)

count dracula

May 10, 2003, 3:28pm
Well they would if they was pro equality for sexes ;-)
I have neither heard them ever complain of how relativly small amount of
women are involved in the garbage collecting system, the car repairing
business; neither do I hear any complains that there are to less men as
beauticians.

Drac
swe <swe at swe-e.com> kirjoitti viestissä:3ebcbba2 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> lol! would be nice if the feminists start bitchin about being allowed to
> walk around topless wouldn't it? :D
>
> -SWE

[View Quote]

count dracula

May 10, 2003, 3:32pm
Yes it is funny that is has to be some weird carneval to be allowed to do a
natural thing.
Yeah, lets play Mardi Gras, turn on your webcam and show me your tits and I
will throw candy at the screen....

Drac
alphabit phalpha <alphabit at swbell.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:3ebce3b7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ummm...they have here in Austin during Mardi Gras:)
> And...they won:)
> It's a tradition that gals bare there top part of their bodies in exchange
> for colorful plastic bead necklaces.
> Sheesh...and all this time I have been getting gratis from restaurants:)

count dracula

Jul 2, 2003, 1:07pm
elyk <kfoerst at sbcglobal.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:3eb36444$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> In fear that the children might stumble into the CY-Award winning, yet
> pervertely disturbing DS Worlds.....*rolls eyes*

I really wish that someone would be able to define "pervert" to me some day.
I belive it is like the word "good" or "beautiful", it totally depends whom
you ask. What I might consider perfectly normal, some other might find
perverted ( and the other way around)

Drac