agreeing with the GK's is bad (General Discussion)

agreeing with the GK's is bad // General Discussion

1  ...  2  3  4  5  6  |

wing

Apr 27, 2003, 2:54pm
Neither. They're simply a group of people concerned with the well being of
the human species above all else. Simple left/right policy issues will be
handled by a parliamentary sub-government with one house per region.
Although their authority will be limited in that they can't touch the areas
of crime and law enforcement, and that sizable public outcry over one of
their decisions can result in a general global vote on the issue and the
subsequent overturn of that decision.

[View Quote] OK, compare the number who've been in prison to the number of kids who've been in
juvie or prison. Tell me which is higher; it may not be a good statistic to use, but
it's one of the better ones.

*smacks forehead* That is the absolute worst comparison to use. For one
thing, juveniles only wind up in prison for very serious offenses,
otherwise, the assumption is "they just didn't know any better" and
they're sent to counseling or a halfway house. However, by the time you
become an adult, you *should* know better, so you get sent to prison for
breaking laws that you know damn well you're not supposed to be breaking.

Besides, maturity and the law have almost nothing to do with each other.
You can be considered mature and still break the law (for instance, I
doubt the CEO of Enron was into fart jokes and calling people
"poopy-heads." :P).

Poopy-head
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

[View Quote] You must live in texas or something. Kids end up in Juvie here for spray painting
walls.

> Besides, maturity and the law have almost nothing to do with each other.
> You can be considered mature and still break the law (for instance, I
> doubt the CEO of Enron was into fart jokes and calling people
> "poopy-heads." :P).

The law defines maturity, if it doesn't, you just agreed to my earlier post. (meaning
age doesn't define the level of maturity -- especially since law gives ages to
everything; sex, alcohol, et al.)

Umm, no. I never said that younger people were not capable of being
mature. Just as there are some immature adults, there are also some
children mature beyond their years. While I agree that age and maturity
don't always go hand-in-hand, what I'm disagreeing with is your
statement that there's a greater chance of a younger person being more
mature than an older person, which is simply impossible. Since the only
way a child would become mature is if he/she grew up in a mature
environment (mature parents, friends, teachers, etc.), that child would
already be outnumbered by mature adults, thereby proving your statement
false. :P

And since when was Texas lenient on juveniles? :P

Mature beyond your years
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

truetome2

Apr 28, 2003, 3:06am
and according to a post by
> tru2me2 us cits cant help people anyway. <---I never said
that, as a matter of fact I very much enjoy the help of citizens & tourist
and have many who do help when I am working...

True

[View Quote]

binarybud

Apr 28, 2003, 11:14am
Thats bullshit KAH if i gave that impression it's only because i have been callingout the young'ins when they are clearly out of line. Age means nothing on the net. Attitude and public personna make a big difference. KAH you do not understand or listen to half of what i say anyhow. so i'm not sure why i'm even saying this to ya...but your way off... Older does not mean wiser but it does mean more experinced....and i'm sorry if that offends you. So if you don't like me pointing that out then i guess you'll just have to ignore me till you can deal with it.

The old and ignorant has-been
Leo :)

[View Quote]

binarybud

Apr 28, 2003, 11:22am
(reposting my commnets)
"Your generalizing GK's are not ALWAYS bad judges. Yes there are some that have no right to judge anyone and others are quite professional in what they do and offer. It's just like society.....we got a little of everything...:)

as I see it the main problem is the majority of the people visiting the gate are in the "young crowd" category...and most of them do not like to be disciplined.....they are not into the "authority figures" and that is what a GK is....and they have to remember that the only tool a GK has to discipline in the Gate is to send that person to their room(eject) not really that harmful if you ask me...maybe shot to their ego's....but no harm no foul...:)"

OK KAH....show me where in this post i am saying that older people are "wiser and generally better" than younger people?
you just have a problem with ME sonny....so just get to the point why don't ya? While this was mostly my opinion it's also FACT.
deal with it.

Leo :)

"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in
news:3ead2b15$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> (reposting my commnets)
> "Your generalizing GK's are not ALWAYS bad judges. Yes there are
> some that have no right to judge anyone and others are quite
> professional in what they do and offer. It's just like
> society.....we got a little of everything...:)
>
> as I see it the main problem is the majority of the people visiting
> the gate are in the "young crowd" category...and most of them do not
> like to be disciplined.....they are not into the "authority figures"
> and that is what a GK is....and they have to remember that the only
> tool a GK has to discipline in the Gate is to send that person to
> their room(eject) not really that harmful if you ask me...maybe
> shot to their ego's....but no harm no foul...:)"
>
> OK KAH....show me where in this post i am saying that older people are
> "wiser and generally better" than younger people? you just have a
> problem with ME sonny....so just get to the point why don't ya? While
> this was mostly my opinion it's also FACT. deal with it.

No problem.

> ... the majority of the people visiting
> the gate are in the "young crowd" category...and most of them do not
> like to be disciplined.....they are not into the "authority figures"

There you go. In this case you didn't directly imply that older people
are any wiser, but you have done many times before, and you know it. You
did imply that "the young crowd" are a no good and can't take authority.
That's consistent with your general attitude, as anyone bothered to dig
a bit in the newsgroups would see.

I haven't got a problem with you. I have a problem with your attitude,
that's all. Also, please post some proof for your statement (you said it
was a fact, I doubt it, but I'll believe proof...).

KAH

binarybud

Apr 28, 2003, 12:18pm
my proof won't do for you my proof is in my experience which you hold totally useless....so deal with it.
Leo :)

"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in
news:3ead3840$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> my proof won't do for you my proof is in my experience which you
> hold totally useless....so deal with it. Leo :)

In other words, you don't have any. Well, you can come back and call it
facts when you find some (real proof).

KAH

binarybud

Apr 28, 2003, 12:44pm
it's a fact to me you just don't understand it.

[View Quote]

binarybud

Apr 28, 2003, 12:46pm
and i ain't go'in nowhere and i don't owe you shit. and you don't tell people whether they can come or go so get off your ego triip punk.

And this, class, is the perfect example of being older, but not
necessarily more mature. :P

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Don't drink and drive on the Information Superhighway
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

binarybud

Apr 28, 2003, 3:07pm
LOL Like you even have the right to judge ones maturity level. beside you wanna fill us on in on how you can do that without even knowing who i am? are you even sure i'm a male? and what is my correct age? LOL i thought so.....
and this, class, is someone who thinks he's gonna teach you(and me) something.

Yes come along to them, we have some really decent 1s.

The Best was when we all started arguing about Quantum Mechanics in GZ, was
hillarious, turned out what we concluded was bang on though :D

[View Quote] I think I remember that.

I don't have to know anything about the human behind this "BinaryBud"
persona. All I know is BinaryBud the poster, and as far as this
newsgroup is concerned, that's all that matters.

BinaryBud reminds me of the 40-something drunk guy sitting at the corner
of the bar, shouting his opinions for all the world to hear, and taking
offense at anyone who challenges him or tells him to shut up. I get this
image from the way BinaryBud posts: how he just says whatever's on his
mind, with little or no regard to the people he's responding to, not to
mention his typing style would seem to indicate that he doesn't take the
time to look over what he says or to think it through beforehand. He
also tends to get cocky/belligerent with anyone who attempts to argue
with him beyond a couple posts, and seems to insist on having the last word.

And now you all know where I get my NG2tNGs from. :)

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Those who don't know, teach
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

binarybud

Apr 28, 2003, 6:48pm
Your close i suppose but i do not drink....and don't hang out at bars either.
I will say whats on my mind and am usually pretty dead on with my comments.
I'm getting old enough to not care so much about what others think of me either.
Your wrong on a couple other things too i do care a lot about the people i respond to...
I would not critisize them if i did not hold them in a little higher regard.
And spell checking is a keystroke away i just don't care to use it ....and my typos
are usually easy to read through. so whaterver...)

Leo :)

ps; you can cosider this the last word ..... but i just might come back
with somthing you'll think is even more lame....:)

[View Quote]

shred

Apr 28, 2003, 8:27pm
What follows consists of complete insanity. Read it at your own risk; no mindguard is on duty.

--

Leo,

One thing I have learned over much trial and trepidation (of which consisted mostly of trying in utter futility to explain to Macintosh users why their chosen product is in fact synonymous to all that is evil) is that you should not argue with the pleasantly - or in some cases, not so pleasantly - delusional. I suggest you apply the same in this case.

Translation: ignore him and he will eventually go away. It may take some number of years, but at some point he will become bored and find some other unfortunate soapbox to stand upon. You may have observed by this point - and, if not, listen and learn - that Goober King loves to argue. Thus if you do not wish to engage in an argument of such astounding frivolity as to provoke otherwise happy blades of grass to commit mass suicide, I suggest you smile and nod your head in an enlightened fashion.

PS: A spell-checker alone would work about as well on your post as a BB-gun would be of assistance when attempting to write a sonnet.

[View Quote]

shred

Apr 28, 2003, 9:20pm
[View Quote] Fortunately for the majority of the human race, most bars don't come equipped with Internet access; and, if they do, the type of people you mention are usually too drunk to be able to discern the difference between a toad and an eighteen-wheeler, much less able to use a computer other than a Macintosh.

This 'typing style' thing you mention completely baffles me. In no way can the word 'style' (or even 'fashion' for that matter) be applied to the abomination of keystrokes that we lovingly refer to as the Internet persona BinaryBud.

In contrast, however, he makes Pokemon Web and NOVA look like grammarian gods.

binarybud

Apr 29, 2003, 10:52am
"This 'typing style' thing you mention completely baffles me. In no way can the word 'style' (or even 'fashion' for that matter) be applied to the abomination of keystrokes that we lovingly refer to as the Internet persona BinaryBud."

I here-by proclaim this "abomination" to be MY STYLE....:) not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing heheheheh

Leo :)

kewl thing about the net is even with my STYLE you can still pretty much understand what i'm saying...:)

"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in
news:3ead5fd4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> LOL Like you even have the right to judge ones maturity level.
> beside you wanna fill us on in on how you can do that without even
> knowing who i am? are you even sure i'm a male? and what is my
> correct age? LOL i thought so..... and this, class, is someone who
> thinks he's gonna teach you(and me) something.

But off course, mr Leo Mauk, the Oh Great BinaryBud, has the right to do
that. Again, you prove that you completely and utterly ignore everything
one says to you, and that you refuse reason.

Why would he care about your age (you've hinted to it many times anyway),
your identity (which is known as well) or your gender (from your name one
can assume you're male)? Even if you were a ten-year old girl, it wouldn't
really matter, as you're trying to impress upon us that you're somewhere
above 30, male and a technical pioneer.

A tip: stop it now instead of making more of a fool of yourself.

"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in
news:3ead3ee1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> and i ain't go'in nowhere and i don't owe you shit. and you don't
> tell people whether they can come or go so get off your ego triip
> punk.

Did I say you were going somewhere? Did I say you owed me something? Did I
tell you wether you could come and go?

The answer to all three questions is clearly no. "Come back when you find
some" is a manner of speaking, I thought such an old and wise person as you
would know that.

"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in
news:3ead9392 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Your close i suppose but i do not drink....and don't hang out at
> bars either. I will say whats on my mind and am usually pretty dead on
> with my comments. I'm getting old enough to not care so much about
> what others think of me either. Your wrong on a couple other things
> too i do care a lot about the people i respond to... I would not
> critisize them if i did not hold them in a little higher regard. And
> spell checking is a keystroke away i just don't care to use it
> ....and my typos
> are usually easy to read through. so whaterver...)

Actually, most of the time your comments make you look like an ass, that's
all. They most certainly aren't "dead on". It's still annoying reading
through your typos anyway, especially when you find out you didn't post
anything worth reading.

KAH

binarybud

Apr 29, 2003, 4:27pm
ya know, I think the same of most of your posts too KAH .... so i guess it's a mutual respect thing.

[View Quote]

binarybud

Apr 29, 2003, 4:28pm
blow it out your ass KAH makes the same sound

[View Quote]

binarybud

Apr 29, 2003, 4:39pm
KAH, Why are you all of a sudden THE wise and unrelenting know-it-all?

And all I did to provoke this was call some kids...... "the young crowd" and I suppose I hit some nerves when I correctly stated they do not like the authority figures....now I might have generalized a little, but in the context of the current conversation I believe I was dead on...so I'm not litstening to your crap anymore KAH your drifiting and making me out to be the bad guy. You don't like my reasoning then don't read it...:)

Leo :)

[View Quote] I could ask you the same thing. Or anyone who posts here for that matter.

--Bowen--

binarybud

Apr 29, 2003, 6:03pm
Exactly.