tourist property deletion (Wishlist)

tourist property deletion // Wishlist

1  |

sw comit

Dec 29, 2000, 9:13pm
I know the tourists are going hate me for saying this, but I think the
tourist property in AW should get wiped every month or something. I'm not
against tourists though, it's just that when anyone wants to vandalize, they
usually do it on a tourist name so they won't get caught. I spent hours and
hours deleting tourist trash sometimes.

birdmike

Dec 29, 2000, 9:17pm
I agree.

--
-Mike Nelson-
AIM AWBirdMike

[View Quote]

sw comit

Dec 29, 2000, 9:19pm
Dang that was a fast response, 4 minutes, lol.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------6BF5D8A4F232EE7CD258CBCC

covering ground helps you with that
--------------6BF5D8A4F232EE7CD258CBCC

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------6BF5D8A4F232EE7CD258CBCC--

sw comit

Dec 29, 2000, 9:26pm
I'm referring more to the middle of nowhere part of the world too. They
make an ugly object and hold insert down and walk away. Just makes the
world a little more filthy that it already is.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------C5FEC2AC7F2F9C0181658E53

maybe disabling this fast build feature of 3.0 would help - as world
option or for tourists in general

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------C5FEC2AC7F2F9C0181658E53--

sw comit

Dec 29, 2000, 10:15pm
if your talking about ctrl+insert, that won't help much, holding down insert
is just as bad, and it looks even worse because of overlap, compared to
ctrl+insert, or super dupe as I call it.

the derek

Dec 30, 2000, 5:04am
get a deleter bot and log it under someones (a
friends) name where there isnt
any propery around (so it wont delete any property
other than tourists)

[View Quote] > I know the tourists are going hate me for saying this, but I think the
> tourist property in AW should get wiped every month or something. I'm not
> against tourists though, it's just that when anyone wants to vandalize, they
> usually do it on a tourist name so they won't get caught. I spent hours and
> hours deleting tourist trash sometimes.

tony56

Dec 30, 2000, 7:49am
Huh?

On 30 Dec 2000 02:04:06 -0500, "the derek" <ImTheDerek at yahoo.com>
[View Quote] >get a deleter bot and log it under someones (a
>friends) name where there isnt
>any propery around (so it wont delete any property
>other than tourists)

[View Quote] - Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Pizza Pie!"

twisted horizon

Dec 30, 2000, 11:07am
I say forget that, bot spans (one sector) are far smaller than what you'll
get in 30, 45 seconds of insert. Look, me, as a TAPT person (Tourist
supporting organization,) wouldn't usually say this, but yeah, I agree. But,
then, tourists should be able to log in under PPWs if you will do that so
that friends can lend them one if they're going to do serious buildings.
Either that or they need to use a BuildBot and copy all there tourist
builds, and rebuild them under a citizen's name. Tricky, eh?
-Twist
[View Quote]

duskbat

Dec 30, 2000, 11:48am
Not only that, all the tourist property slow down the rebuilds that has
been
happening all the time latley. This is the AW server database rebuilds
or
whatever they are called these days :) Duskbat

[View Quote] > I know the tourists are going hate me for saying this, but I think the
> tourist property in AW should get wiped every month or something. I'm not
> against tourists though, it's just that when anyone wants to vandalize, they
> usually do it on a tourist name so they won't get caught. I spent hours and
> hours deleting tourist trash sometimes.

sw comit

Dec 30, 2000, 6:30pm
Yea. Lemme do some math here. I deleted 700 coords of garbage trash, when
a tourist held insert down on a pp01.rwx

every insert is .5 meters.
700 coords = 7,000 meters

That's 14,000 objects (plus all the objects had a flame texture in the
action field, which nearly doubles the cell space each pp01 uses)

dennis13

Jan 1, 2001, 2:25pm
Hmm, I don't think tourists should be able to use PPWs. If they want to do
serious builds they should become a citizen. It's only $20 a year. If they
were able to use PPWs it kinda takes away a limit to tourists, right? It
makes it so nobody can't delete the property the tourist makes, and tourists
is meant to register if they don't want nobody to delete their property and
stuff that they might want to be protected..

[View Quote]

sw comit

Jan 1, 2001, 5:44pm
They can only use PPW on a bot program, which only needs the ppw and name.
AW doesn't have much control about that.

tony56

Jan 1, 2001, 8:51pm
What do you expect AW to do? Why does the tourist have the PPW in the
first place?

[View Quote] >They can only use PPW on a bot program, which only needs the ppw and name.
>AW doesn't have much control about that.

- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Pizza Pie!"

sw comit

Jan 1, 2001, 8:59pm
Because they might have a citizen friend silly =P

The citizen has nothing to worry about unless the tourist knows how to
deleted stuff through a bot.

g.l.o.c.k anonymous

Jan 8, 2001, 11:50pm
But I just registered so I could post here... that's all... and as a
tourist, you can't use a PPW! Try it...

syntax

Jan 9, 2001, 3:02am
No you can't...
--
Syntax
syntax at earthcorp.com
www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

g.l.o.c.k anonymous

Jan 9, 2001, 10:52pm
So then what's the big deal? The only thing a tourist can do with a ppw is
use bots, but with bots you can't build squat... maybe you could make your
house or whatever on a ppw... never tried it...

Situation: Ur a tourist... and you've just built a killer house.

You may be able to use a bot to copy ur house under the ppw with a bot...
BUT then you'd have to do a cleanup-delete it, modify the tourist house (if
it's still around), and copy it again...

sw comit

Jan 11, 2001, 1:02am
You can't build squat? You can build just fine if you know how to use a
build bot.

felix2001

Jan 30, 2001, 1:08am

------=_NextPart_000_009D_01C08A26.85968B40

Excuse me, but I couldn't help noticing how you called tourist property =
TRASH!!!!!! I'm sure many of us have been tourists before! I've built =
wonders as a tourists myself, and they were all destroyed by people like =
YOU. Please, do not destroy harmless tourist property unless it is just =
one object.

[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_009D_01C08A26.85968B40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Excuse me,</FONT> but I couldn't help =
noticing how=20
you called tourist property <EM>TRASH!!!!!! </EM>I'm sure many of us =
have been=20
tourists before! I've built wonders as a tourists myself, and they were =
all=20
destroyed by people like <EM>YOU</EM>. Please, do not destroy harmless =
tourist=20
property unless it is just one object.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"sw comit" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:swcomit at swcity.net"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>swcomit at swcity.net</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message </FONT><A href=3D"news:3a4d1aa6 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:3a4d1aa6 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; I know the =
tourists are=20
going hate me for saying this, but I think the<BR>&gt; tourist property =
in AW=20
should get wiped every month or something.&nbsp; I'm not<BR>&gt; against =

tourists though, it's just that when anyone wants to vandalize, =
they<BR>&gt;=20
usually do it on a tourist name so they won't get caught.&nbsp; I spent =
hours=20
and<BR>&gt; hours deleting tourist trash sometimes.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009D_01C08A26.85968B40--

foxmccloud

Jan 30, 2001, 2:03am
He said he had to spend hours deleting tourist trash => that means tourists
leaved trash in his buildings, not that all tourists buildings are trash...

Fox Mc Cloud

"felix2001" <homeworkkid at msn.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a763017 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
Excuse me, but I couldn't help noticing how you called tourist property
TRASH!!!!!! I'm sure many of us have been tourists before! I've built
wonders as a tourists myself, and they were all destroyed by people like
YOU. Please, do not destroy harmless tourist property unless it is just one
object.

[View Quote]

captain mad mike

Feb 1, 2001, 8:07pm
I agree too. If tourists want to do serious building they should just
register. And besides, that way they can't have their serious building get
deleted by those mean citizens who come in and level the buildings or worse
(to me) add signs with vulgarities or even just rip chunks out of the build.

--

wing

Mar 5, 2001, 11:10pm
Old post, new reply, new angle. AWCI should put a bot on AWGZ that scans the
text for coordinates, and when it detects some, it scans the area of those
coords for 100 sq coords and vaporizes all tourist builds :) Makes my job as
an anti-tourist much easier.