Freebie world (Community)

Freebie world // Community

1  2  |

shalimar

Dec 11, 2005, 4:16am
heheh Watch that sugar! It'll get you into trouble everytime :) I have
two suggestions. One, maybe you would want to open a new thread announcing
the opening of your world, since this one is so old and some have given up
on it. Also open a thread in World Builders. The other thing is
this......there were sections of Freebies set aside for specific modelers'
donations with their name. The bulk by far of the contents of Freebies was
made up of 3d models taken from sites such as 3ds sites, amazing 3d, 3dmax,
etc, which Drac then converted to rwx. There are many here in AW who are
capable of coverting or retexturing who maybe aren't people who design and
produce their own models. They may be a source of help to you. At any rate,
'tis a goodhearted thing you are taking on and I wish you the best in your
endeavor! :))
[View Quote]

ciena

Dec 11, 2005, 9:23am
I will donate some sprites. Gram me when u get set up and I will send them
to u.
Ciena

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Dec 11, 2005, 3:11pm
Actually ObjectD' was actively managed last by Daphne I think, or she was
heavily into it's care. She and I, along with Mountain Myst, were in the
process of putting me on the world CT list because Daphne needed out ...
unfortunately Daphne passed away soon after our discussions and Mountain
Myst left AW so the ball was dropped. I know of others who have volunteered
to CT ObjectD' as well. I think there was another CT (Casey?) at that time
also, and she may well still be CT. I had also offered to take on the
webpages, etc.

I believe it IS an AWI owned world/website although I'm not sure who started
it, I believe it was started by an x-cit, a french cit at that as *I think*
I've heard it's full name was Object d' ActiveWorlds shortened to ObjectD'.
Although there are alot of nice free objects there, to my knowledge you
cannot currently contribute as there is no active CT to send stuff to.
ObjectD' staff was very careful to only take models that loaded fairly
quickly whereas Freebies ... the sky's the limit.

Drac did a wonderful job and his hard work was appreciated by many, myself
included.

LNH

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Dec 11, 2005, 3:16pm
Hiya Cryonics ... nice to see you posting here :o}

Getting a prop dump of Freebies world would rock! But even better than that,
once you do get the dumps, would be to UP the size of the world considerably
and reorganize it ... there were massive amounts of objects and going there
is lag city. So, if you do get the dumps ... please take the time to make
the world bigger and spread things out better (I'd be willing to help
reorganize it as I have offered to him before) ... that would do Drac some
well deserved honor :o}

LNH

[View Quote]

mauz

Dec 11, 2005, 3:44pm
[View Quote] I think Lucrezia Borgia and Wascally Wabbit started Objects d'Active Worlds,
back in 1997 if not earlier. It was under Lucrezia's thewebmistress domain at first.
She worked for ActiveWorlds.Com later. They were not French, just... elegant ;)
Eep maintained the web site in 1999 or so, until Casay took over.
It had been moved under awcommunity.org by then.

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

kf

Dec 11, 2005, 11:40pm
Try contacting Ananas, he had contacts with the feebies world owner :)

[View Quote]

cryonics

Dec 13, 2005, 2:10am
Many thanks to Mike, who was kind enough to forward us his version of the
Freebies propdump . There is a world called Freebie2 that should be a copy
from several month ago. No guarantees on how long the object path will stay
up though.

Cryonics

[View Quote]

conrad

Dec 13, 2005, 11:27am
Sir Cryonics
now i am confused
you say there is now a world called Freebie2
yet it came to my understanding that
Bluemaxe of AWRPG
Poseidon of AWRPG and Awlife
had a world called freeart
to give the comunity just that what freebies offered
from what i know they have been working and spending monney to get this
started in the past few days

"Cryonics" <cryonics at activeworlds.com> schreef in bericht
news:439e49af$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Many thanks to Mike, who was kind enough to forward us his version of the
> Freebies propdump . There is a world called Freebie2 that should be a
copy
> from several month ago. No guarantees on how long the object path will
stay
> up though.
>
> Cryonics

There can't be two freebie worlds? The more the better, I say. :D

Chris

[View Quote]

bluemaxe

Dec 13, 2005, 5:11pm
What Chris said. Im actually glad that JP did that. As I originally said my
interest in freebies was nostalgic and preservation. Hes done that. The new
world is more about having a new forum for free stuff thats kept current.
Ive started that. So its the best of both worlds, LOL, Pun intended.

[View Quote]

gandalf.thewhite

Dec 13, 2005, 11:28pm
In case anyone was wandering which Mike it was me :)

Gandalf

[View Quote]

tag sva

Dec 14, 2005, 10:27am
thanks Cryonics :o)

but you might want to remove the sign at GZ from SMAdmin