Old Timer's Day Aug. 27 and 28 (Community)

Old Timer's Day Aug. 27 and 28 // Community

1  2  |

onesummer

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C482FF.3A4BBD10

Old Timer's Day in AWCC World Starts On Friday August 27th and runs =
through Saturday the 28th ! =
=
This is your chance to meet some of the older number citizens =
of Activeworlds. Come chat about the past and how things were when they =
first joined Activeworlds! AWCC World is tourist enabled so please =
invite anyone that might be interested in learning about the history of =
Activeworlds .. Hope to see you all there !!! It will be exciting and a =
surprise to see who has the oldest citizen number for 2004....A 1 month =
citizenship extension will be awarded to the citizen with the oldest =
citizen number! If you know of any former citizens that may not still be =
members of Activeworlds, but were around when it first opened, please =
let them know about this event. AWHS is very proud to bring you "Old =
Timer Day" in AWCC World. So come to this grand and biggest chat session =
of the year!

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C482FF.3A4BBD10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<DIR>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>&nbsp;Old Timer's Day in AWCC=20
World&nbsp;Starts On Friday August 27th and runs through =
Saturday&nbsp;the=20
28th&nbsp;!</STRONG>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
This is your chance to meet some of the older number citizens of =
Activeworlds.=20
Come chat about the past and how things were when they first joined=20
Activeworlds! AWCC World is tourist enabled so please invite anyone that =
might=20
be interested in learning about the history of Activeworlds .. Hope to =
see you=20
all there !!! It will be exciting and a surprise to see who has the =
oldest=20
citizen number for 2004....A 1 month citizenship extension will be =
awarded to=20
the citizen with the oldest citizen number! If you know of any former =
citizens=20
that may not still be members of Activeworlds, but were around when it =
first=20
opened, please let them know about this event. AWHS is very proud to =
bring you=20
"Old Timer Day" in AWCC World. So come to this&nbsp;grand =
and&nbsp;biggest chat=20
session of the year!</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P></DIR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C482FF.3A4BBD10--

Someone copied and pasted and forgot the 'do not post HTML unless its
essential'.

- MR

syntax

Aug 16, 2004, 2:13am
Who cares dude.. lol
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

I do, not enough effort put it! More effort people!

- MR

[View Quote] > I do, not enough effort put it! More effort people!

Why not get a newsreader that can filter it out. It _was_ a multi-part
message.

kellee

Aug 16, 2004, 3:45am
AND .......essential is in the eye of the reader ...... I think Summer's
message was of enough import to warrant it.

ubermonkey

Aug 16, 2004, 10:36am
I don't mean to be unpleasant, but move on. Does anyone care about the loss
of 3k of bandwidth anymore? Most of us have the stuff coming out the
proverbial wazoo. I mean, come on, find something better to complain about,
eh? Newsgroups are an antique technology as is, I don't think a little bold
tag is really worthy of a rant. Had this post been filled with flashing
images, javascript functions, perhaps the random access to someone's SQL
database, and a shockwave flash animation, *that* would be worthy of
complaint, but really..

[View Quote] Winnar is you!

sw comit

Aug 16, 2004, 11:05pm
No kidding...welcome to the 21st century eh? :P

[View Quote]

count dracula

Aug 17, 2004, 11:15am
Yes Mr " I am so fucking important and I enjoy whining"

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> kirjoitti viestiss
news:41203997 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I do, not enough effort put it! More effort people!
>
> - MR

And Count wins the Gold medal for a crap post! *Puts it around your neck*

- MR

[View Quote] > And Count wins the Gold medal for a crap post! *Puts it around your neck*

> - MR

[View Quote] No, you act like you think you're a god.

Andras is the only person I will allow to get away with it, because he is.

.... You mean I am not God?

- Mark R

[View Quote] > ... You mean I am not God?

You're a trout at best.

Oh great I will probably have Alphabit after me now...

- MR

[View Quote]

c p

Aug 17, 2004, 10:57pm
don;t worry I hear she releases her catch. Plus you'll have a cool new
piercing to brag to the other fishes about!

lol, sorry, couldn't resist. emm, fishes? :)

-SWE

[View Quote] Technically "fishes" is correct. Not under the Queen's English though;
as far as I'm aware.

no, it's not >_< it's fish!

-SWE

[View Quote] > no, it's not >_< it's fish!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fishes

It all stems from where you learned English. Where I went to school, we
were taught the "specialized" cases on plurarlization. Like Geese,
fish, etc.

It is technically accepted. I don't like it anymore than you do though.
It makes you look less sophisticated to say "The fishes ate their food."

its still wrong :) bet it was something they came up with in america! :P

-SWE

[View Quote] > its still wrong :) bet it was something they came up with in america! :P

Actually, I've met quite a few British people who use it. But, if we're
going to get technicaly:

"It's still wrong. :) I bet it is something that is used in the USA! :P"

(Or any accepted acronym thereof... not America as that would apply to
Canada, Mexico, Brazil, etc)

Which would be more acceptable than what you gave. Don't give me the
"It's the internet, I'm just saving time." To which I'd ask, from what?
Good written English needs to be common place, not just when you feel
like you need to use it. At least try to capitalize and use
apostrophes; that'd be a great start if everyone did that. (and not use
"u,ur")

[View Quote] [View Quote] Yes, I know I messed up too. But at least I tried. ;)

c p

Aug 18, 2004, 3:54am
this was actually a typo shoulda been FISHIES, :) as in littlekid way of
plural fish, sorry to start you on a flame thread, I guess its that easy?

[View Quote] Also acceptable... if you're 4.

lol, well, fishes is still wrong! :) oh, and your name should be Bowen, not
bowen! :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

e n z o

Aug 18, 2004, 12:12pm
In which case it would be spelled "fishies"

:P

[View Quote] > lol, well, fishes is still wrong! :) oh, and your name should be Bowen, not
> bowen! :)

Wow, that's a newsgroup issue, not a spelling issue. Fishes is still
right. You can't change the language just because you use a different
spelling. My friend from Canada just said fishes when I asked her what
kind of pets she had. I guess it's more common than I thought it was.

[View Quote] > In which case it would be spelled "fishies"

> :P

Yeah, but he was emphasizing it. You forgot your period. ;)

dzap

Aug 18, 2004, 3:30pm
"e n z o" <enzo at activeworlds.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:412363bb at server1.Activeworlds.com
> In which case it would be spelled "fishies"

and lets not forget phish...but that is a different kettle of fishies
:-)