AW not a Product (Community)

AW not a Product // Community

1  |

the lady

Jan 25, 2004, 4:31pm
This is a battle between good and bad - Good will win.

The community has always been challenged in one way or another in AW. This
is not a battle between certain named people or companies that show an
interest in acquring AW. It is a battle between good and bad. It is a test
of faith. It challenges my faith and your faith. We will not lose. We are
a community of vast cultures, differences, but we will remain committed to
seeing AW stay together. In order to do this, we must become a democracy.
It has always been community, it will remain community. And we are winning.
: )))) Already, we have people at AW GZ every night discussing the current
situation. People are in agreement that we are a Community, we are here to
stay!

Our faith that God will help deliver our community of those forces who try
to destroy - will not be diminished, nor will it be shaken. : )))) We
Will Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen... I am one of your Gods... and If I say you will lose, you WILL
loose.

- Mark R, GoD

[View Quote]

ihnk

Jan 25, 2004, 5:16pm
2 things

#1- you are insane
#2- refer to #1

[View Quote]

johnf

Jan 25, 2004, 5:30pm
*prays to the god 'Strike' that he is right*
[View Quote]

jerme

Jan 25, 2004, 5:56pm
Out of all the posts i've seen... i have to say that this one is just
too histarically funny!

Where do you come up with this crap??

-Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy Booker - Owner / Webmaster
JTech Web Systems
www.JTechWebSystems.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Mathew 5:34

[View Quote]

johnf

Jan 25, 2004, 7:04pm
TL, you seem a nice person and everything, but Active Worlds is owned by E N
Z O... there can be no democracy, lol

~John

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Jan 25, 2004, 7:41pm
I dont believe in God. And I dont want to be part of a community that
accepts people like you as members -__-

[View Quote]

mod

Jan 25, 2004, 9:23pm
And the prophet told in the time coming that the one who started it all
shall arise from the universe ban ashes and save the vr worlds from the evil
that is apparently battling good. Because ActiveWorlds is not a product...oh
No, it is the evil breeding grounds for the most unholy evil of them all!

-_- I wonder if she really believes the stuff she says...

[View Quote]

jerme

Jan 26, 2004, 12:06am
> -_- I wonder if she really believes the stuff she says...

You know what's scary? I think she believes this crap.... :-?

-Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy Booker - Owner / Webmaster
JTech Web Systems
www.JTechWebSystems.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Mathew 5:34

[View Quote]

blasted

Jan 26, 2004, 2:38am
shuddup.

[View Quote]

elyk

Jan 26, 2004, 2:42am
Already, we have people at AW GZ every night discussing the current
> situation.

Actually, you are the only one discussing it in AWGZ....everyone else is
trying to figure out what you are talking about....

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jan 26, 2004, 4:16am
[View Quote] Not to mention they are calling you (The Lady) a nutcase at the same time.
It was also rude of you to harass Veger because she had bold.

byte me

Jan 26, 2004, 4:34am
Anyone that would consider a product such as Active Worlds as an
entity belonging to the community is obviously oblivious to what the
real-world laws state. Perhaps being such a recluse from the true reality
has created this delusion of grandeur of being the "savior of the
community." Pooling together resources from U.S. Laws on copyright and the
license agreement included with the Active Worlds installer will show that
this program is indeed a product belonging to Active Worlds, Inc. and not
the community.

In examining the U.S. Copyright laws provided at
http://www.copyright.gov/ a copyright can be held on anything that can be
attached to a tangible medium. This includes a computer hard drive. The
site itself provides information (available at
http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#wwp) on such tangible mediums
illustrated below:

Copyright protects "original works of authorship" that are fixed in a
tangible form of expression. The fixation need not be directly perceptible
so long as it may be communicated with the aid of a machine or device.
Copyrightable works include the following categories:

1. literary works;

2. musical works, including any accompanying words

3. dramatic works, including any accompanying music

4. pantomimes and choreographic works

5. pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works

6. motion pictures and other audiovisual works

7. sound recordings

8. architectural works

These categories should be viewed broadly. For example, computer programs
and most "compilations" may be registered as "literary works"; maps and
architectural plans may be registered as "pictorial, graphic, and sculptural
works."

It's obvious that then Active Worlds is classified as a literary work. Now
that it's seen that Active Worlds is a copyrighted product you'll notice
that you can not use this product as you see fit. When you are paying those
citizenship fees for Active Worlds or paying for your world you are not
paying for ownership of the products, but instead you are paying a royalty
fee to obtain a license to use these products. By paying this fee you have
agreed to the license terms and are legally bound by these terms. A quick
excerpt from the license agreement provided by the Active Worlds installer
(available at http://activeworlds.com) will help clarify your rights to use
this product. "This license does not grant you any right to any enhancement
or update. Furthermore, this license does not grant you continued access to
AW Software." This statement alone legally allows Active Worlds, Inc. to
restrict your access to their product.

With this in mind, Active Worlds is the property of a
corporation. This corporation is privately owned and operated. This means
that they have the say-so in every decision made. Unlike a public company
that's bound to the votes by its shareholders, Active Worlds, Inc. does not
have to listen to anyone when making decisions about their products. This
is the reason why democracy can not simply exist in Active Worlds. Perhaps
you should have bought shares when the company was public to keep the
product as a community ran endeavor, but due to the failure of this venture
the ability to do this is now gone.

The next time you have the urge to post about the battle between
"Good and Evil" and how the community must run Active Worlds as a democracy
for it to survive, stop and think about the points illustrated here. You
are just one of the many who agreed to a license of a product distributed by
a privately owned corporation.

byte me

Jan 26, 2004, 4:36am
I apologize for the sloppy layout and excessive newlines on the above post,
Outlook Express ate my formatting. :)

elyk

Jan 26, 2004, 7:13am
*pssst* Veger is a "he" ;) lol

[View Quote]

starfleet

Jan 26, 2004, 7:55am
Communism is better.

[View Quote]

ihnk

Jan 26, 2004, 12:12pm
you can have both, theyre not mutually exclusive

OMG! Farther? could it possibly be you!

-SWE

ok, i swear if you say one more thing about becoming a fucking
democracy/good and bad/evil/whatever you go on about in your little fantasy
world, i will personally track you down, and pimp smack some sense back into
you!
Now not to be rude, but im guessing your taking the piss, because i find it
very hard to believe that anyone could really be this stupid! what, some
sorta pshycology experiment AW is conducting on us? O_o

-SWE

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Jan 26, 2004, 7:12pm
The "discussions" in AW GZ consist of you standing spouting this crap
while everyone else tries to debate with you (but you ignore them).

You say COMMUNITY MUST WIN and stuff, well, win against what? You're
passionate... for... what?...

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jan 26, 2004, 10:12pm
how could I tell? it's an asexual name

"ihnk" <awihnk8 at yahoo.com> wrote in news:4015203e$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> you can have both, theyre not mutually exclusive

In theory, no, but practice has revealed to be different.

KAH

count dracula

Jan 27, 2004, 6:12pm
I feel sooo tempted to bash you, but I will not; people will just start
calling me anti-this-and -that-again.

Drac
the lady <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:40140b8c at server1.Activeworlds.com...