:) (Community)

:) // Community

1  2  3  4  |

s t e f a n

Sep 9, 2003, 10:06pm
cause 1278 ppl asked it

tengel

Sep 9, 2003, 10:09pm
LOL
not more?
great contact list even I thought it have only max 500

lol

[View Quote]

s t e f a n

Sep 9, 2003, 10:14pm
maybe incendium should send to all ppl a gram saying "i am incendium :)"

tengel

Sep 9, 2003, 10:17pm
Well Stefan

[View Quote] [View Quote] is the same is't it?

anyway, if 1200 asked, who many did not? lol

[View Quote]

s t e f a n

Sep 9, 2003, 10:24pm
i think thats alot if think about the actually registered cits , with cit# 1
priv , i would tell you the excact number

351000 people im guessing? :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

s t e f a n

Sep 9, 2003, 10:27pm
it was 352800

starfleet

Sep 9, 2003, 10:29pm
53864 exactly

[View Quote]

joeman

Sep 9, 2003, 10:36pm
Dear Commander Ass, er, Fleet Command
559kkk24-Zarblon-349-Janeway-123-voyager,

It has come to my attention via carrier pigeon that you would like me to
forcibly insert my life into my behind-quarters. I would like to alert you
to the fact, that is is, impossible. I know, with your mind bent on all
this StarTrek nonsense, you don't know what's real and what isn't. But, I
(ass)ure you, it cannot be done. This is so for a number of reasons. First
of all, how does one define a life? Some would define it as material
possessions, those people are very greedy people. Others would define it as
your friends, and I know all of mine aren't going to crawl up my ass.
Perhaps its your personality, which would fit, but doesn't actually exist.
So, please tell me _exactly_ what, I should be inserting into my ass, and
I'll see what I can work out with my lawyer.

Also, I am unaware of this "bullshit" you speak of. It seems to be a
new word you've made up by putting the word "bull" in front of the swear
"shit". I can only take it to litteraly mean, a male cow's fecal matter.
Personally, I don't have any of that stock piled, should I get any? I heard
it was quite useful when your parent- er, people stockpiled food for this
y2k thing. They used it to light fires. I on the other hand, have a house
connect to a gas-main, which supplies my house with warmth. I can also cook
food with out the burning-shit smell, which is a plus.

Thank you for your time, Joe Blow would thank you, but regrettably, he's
stuffed in a truck in my basement.

-Joe

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Sep 10, 2003, 1:08am
*throws a penny in the pot*

count dracula

Sep 10, 2003, 1:09am
Might have missed, but I did not reply to you is specific, but more in
general to this whole thing.
I never got any first telegram 30 minutes before tho. I must admit I found
it a bit strange hat he did not reply either when I asked who he was, since
he grammed me in the first place; but on the other hand world is full of
weirdos so I thought wtf, if it made him happy , good.

Drac
tengel <tengel at fna.no> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f5e6a18 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> you missed the point CD, a smile is always welcome, but my question is
more
> about the gram I got 30 min before I got the smile ( and many else ) , and
> why he did't answer, when I asked who he was.

[View Quote]

dlp anne

Sep 10, 2003, 1:30am
I have tio agree with Tengal he did the same in Dreamlandpark as Stefan and
has alt of people worried there

Anne

[View Quote]

garnet

Sep 10, 2003, 1:32am
I got an empty gram from her/him too. I replied but didn't recieve an
answer. I pointed out that polite etiquette would have been to follow up his
mistakenly sent gram with a follow up gram saying ..ooppsss.. :) I still got
no reply.. geesh!!! I just put it off as a silly newbie who made a mistake,
and was embarrassed.

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Sep 10, 2003, 1:36am
Ahhh heck Count...the intent was to make all of AW happy:)
I see it sorta like the following metaphor.
Your walking down a crowded downtown street. You look up confidently and
smile at everyone you see.
Some people will chose to lower their heads immediately to look away,
and some will smile back immediately.
Those that smile back maybe will have a great rest of the day.
Those that lower their heads....well...I just don't know.
This reminds me soooo much of a challenge I do when I'm in a place like
New York or Chicago, Tipton, Iowa or Austin Texas.
What amazes me is...the bigger the city...the less people are apt to
acknowledge a smile.
Yet in a city like Tipton (pop.150), people wave at you and if you don't
wave back...you best watch out:)
Anyways...I've ranted enough for tonight:)

:)

[View Quote] Drac

alphabit phalpha

Sep 10, 2003, 1:38am
btw...when I smile at a stranger they usually don't ask me why I smiled.
I reckon some take it as a friendly gesture, and some just don't care.

[View Quote] :)

[View Quote] Drac

lioness.

Sep 10, 2003, 2:17am
Me too. Strange. I am still waiting for a reply. Some other people I know
also got one. 0_0

[View Quote]

shalimar.

Sep 10, 2003, 2:47am
Give me a break!! There is no parallel at all! A wordless gram out of
nowhere from someone too rude to answer. How in the heck do you compare that
to smiling to someone on the street?? That person you would see and know who
was smiling and that it was a genuine smile. I don't know any incendium. Yet
that name not only sent me a :) gram but is now on my contact list. That was
disconcerting! If that person on a NY street had a bag over their head to
hide their identity and whispered your name.........would you still have "a
great rest of the day" ?

Don't forget..........not everyone received a smile. Many received blank
emails.

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Sep 10, 2003, 2:51am
The point here is that there was no sack over his head....if that were
the case he would have picked up an anonymous citizenship and did it and not
told anyone who he was or what his intent was.
Possibly the reason he didn't answer was he was inundated with grams
back (750 to date) that he hasn't had a chance to yet. And probably won't to
some that called him a slut or accused him of being malicous?
I certainly wouldn't smile back at a person that "shot daggers at me"
when I smiled at them.
What WAS your response to the innocent smile?
He didn't whisper anyone's name, he just smiled:)

[View Quote] Don't forget..........not everyone received a smile. Many received blank
emails.

shalimar.

Sep 10, 2003, 5:41am
Well, you seem to have become a self appointed defense spokesperson and
soapbox cheerleader. I will drop it here. But before you declare it an
innocent well meaning gesture, you may want to speak with the many, many who
were disturbed by it and found it strange to say the least. What WAS my
response to it? Silence. I didn't ask him to answer after the fact. I don't
know him. But for someone who attempted to speak "metaphorically" just two
posts ago.........you missed this one by a mile! Annoying grams with no
words of intent, whether it was a blank window or a smiley, from a name you
have never heard of is NOT an innocent gesture. And can be just as eerie as
the whispered voice on your metaphorical street!

[View Quote]

john

Sep 10, 2003, 5:54am
*laugths stupidly*

~John

[View Quote]

count dracula

Sep 10, 2003, 9:14am
It is probably quite much a cultural thing.
If one start to smile at people here one can find oneself without theeth
quickly.

The bigger city, the more scared and paranoid people are, more lonely more
artificial.

By all mean, it did not disturbe me as I said, just thought it was a bit
weird. Most peope consider me weird also, so it is ok lol
In my vocabulary weird and weirdo is not a negative word.

Drac
alphabit phalpha <alphabit at swbell.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f5e9c4c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ahhh heck Count...the intent was to make all of AW happy:)
> I see it sorta like the following metaphor.
> Your walking down a crowded downtown street. You look up confidently
and
> smile at everyone you see.
> Some people will chose to lower their heads immediately to look away,
> and some will smile back immediately.
> Those that smile back maybe will have a great rest of the day.
> Those that lower their heads....well...I just don't know.
> This reminds me soooo much of a challenge I do when I'm in a place
like
> New York or Chicago, Tipton, Iowa or Austin Texas.
> What amazes me is...the bigger the city...the less people are apt to
> acknowledge a smile.
> Yet in a city like Tipton (pop.150), people wave at you and if you
don't
> wave back...you best watch out:)
> Anyways...I've ranted enough for tonight:)
>
> :)

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Sep 10, 2003, 10:41am
Dear Shalimar,

"Well, you seem to have become a self appointed defense spokesperson and
soapbox cheerleader."

Does the voicing of one's opinion deem them the above? If so we may all
wear your titles....

" I will drop it here. But before you declare it an
innocent well meaning gesture, you may want to speak with the many, many who
were disturbed by it and found it strange to say the least. "

*Looking for the broken shards, and not seeing them*
Sir:)....I have spoken to the offended, thus my attempt to enlighten
them, so they can go on their ways and know they are safe.

"What WAS my response to it? Silence. I didn't ask him to answer after the
fact. I don't
know him. But for someone who attempted to speak "metaphorically" just two
posts ago.........you missed this one by a mile! Annoying grams with no
words of intent, whether it was a blank window or a smiley, from a name you
have never heard of is NOT an innocent gesture."

I guess I see my metaphors differently. But then I am the type of person
who does her best to turn a negative into a positive:)

" And can be just as eerie as the whispered voice on your metaphorical
street!"

*Smiles and gives you a huge hug*

Now Sir......How are you feeling after a smile and hug from a non-cloaked
person you know only by a citizen of Activeworlds name?:)

alphabit phalpha

Sep 10, 2003, 10:45am
"It ain't right...it just ain't right."

Where is that quote from?:)

[View Quote] The bigger city, the more scared and paranoid people are, more lonely more
artificial.

By all mean, it did not disturbe me as I said, just thought it was a bit
weird. Most peope consider me weird also, so it is ok lol
In my vocabulary weird and weirdo is not a negative word.

Drac

ciena

Sep 10, 2003, 11:45am
hmmm i got one in aw and in DLP also my reaction was in aw "I wonder who
that is? i dont know him" my reaction in DLP was "ohh how nice :)"
[View Quote]

starfleet

s t e f a n

Sep 10, 2003, 12:52pm
:)

"tengel" <tengel at fna.no> wrote in news:3f5e6d9b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well Stefan

[View Quote] Actually, more decisive evidence "s t e f a n" and "incendium" are the same
is the IP. Both the incedium post and the following stefan posts were
posted from the same IP.

I must say this was a very immature thing to do. I wish s t e f a n would
think about growing up.

KAH

alphabit phalpha

Sep 10, 2003, 2:58pm
"I must say this was a very immature thing to do. I wish s t e f a n would
think about growing up."

KAH

Awwwww...shucks.....I wish we could all grow down....*shuffling foot in the
dirt*

Here's a question for ya'll:)

What do you do today (or wish you had the nerve to) that you did when you
were younger?

Let's see....hmmmmm

I still eat jello dry on my finger...the old "dip and lick" technique.
I still play with clay making miniature thingys.
I still act like a kid and do silly things in public...note:not always...lol
My sister and I still wrestle on the floor and laugh till it hurts!
That's just a few:)

Yall's turn:)

binarybud

Sep 10, 2003, 3:17pm
I still ride my bike(Schwinn Classic Cruiser 1955 design) with tassels on the handlebars...:)
and....I argue with kids who think they know it all......hi Bowen. :) (I'm working on this one) lol

Leo :)

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Sep 10, 2003, 3:20pm
LOL....awwww...you just made me remember my old baby blue schwinn!
Binary....*thwack*...you just be asking for trouble....lol

[View Quote] Leo :)

1  2  3  4  |