Condemnation of AW Citizens (Community)

Condemnation of AW Citizens // Community

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  |

.duo.

Aug 24, 2003, 9:00pm
Yeah, lol
[View Quote]

.duo.

Aug 24, 2003, 9:03pm
Umm... no but maybe outlook express automatically quotes it and I didn't
bother to take it out because I had to go? I don't know...

the lady

Aug 24, 2003, 10:25pm
speaking of chiCks, stay tuned.........

: D

[View Quote]

starfleet

Aug 24, 2003, 11:01pm
You dreamer.

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 24, 2003, 11:33pm
No, as you call us "ignorant Americans", I'm calling you a "mentally
defective foreigner". Now, you've obviously favorite TV show (as you live
by it, and try to find deep meanings in its episodes), is produced in the
US. Now then, since its from the US, must it be evil? Or, has sitting in
front of the television set for 9 hours a day slowly melted your brain, so
you have no reasoning or logic?

But, oh, you're not watching StarTrek in the US, you're watching it in your
squalid little foreign home. But, little do you know, because of all the
melting of your brain and whatnot, that its transmitting evil communist
American values into your small brain! So all those Klingon moral values,
and StarTrek command post rituals, are really metaphor's for our communist
ideals! So, you must smash your television set, computer, radio, and
mailbox! Our evil communist ideals to corrupting you! You are never safe
from us! Soon, you're streets will overflow with people carrying knives and
guns, stealing your wallets, rapist, thieves, etc. Our broadcasts have
taken control of millions around you! You must take your 650LBs of StarTrek
memorabilia and run for the hills, where you will be comforted by its
presence.... But, that will just instill our communist values even more!!!
For the size of the galactic trade federation ship model #1103-55F is
exactly pi*666!!! You will never escape our Communist American Values!!!.

-Joe
No, I'm not durnk.

[View Quote]

starfleet

Aug 25, 2003, 12:35am
Congrats, you just made a total idiot out of yourself.

carolann

Aug 25, 2003, 3:03am
I often see the US made out to be such a dangerous and undesirable place to
live or visit (at least in these news groups), but most often this is done
by people who have never stepped foot on it's soil. Who says it? People who
have heard someone else say it. Often they are uninformed, usually
condemning some aspect of the US that they either envy or hate (sometimes
deserved, sometimes not, but always changing--the same with anywhere else on
the globe) but most often it is not someone who has been born and raised
here. When I defend my country to someone who maligns it I am told I am
reading the wrong news sources. Never mind that I have never been killed,
raped, plundered, shot at or vandalized (nor know anyone personally who has
been.) Of course it happens and most probably in the same type of situation
it happens in any country, where people are poor, disgruntled, fed up or
without hope. In actual fact the worst crimes here, such as murder and
sexual assault, are often done by someone known to the victim. Certainly not
a good thing but it does not describe the population as a whole. It happens
everywhere and in all sorts of populations.

On these same boards once I used statistics to show that the US wasn't "half
bad" and was told that anyone can come up with statistics, but they deduced
by a supposed experience with some US servicemen overseas that the US was a
waste receptacle. Huh? My life here has been a delusion and I should look to
ill informed residents of some other country to be told what is out my own
front door?

Obviously we are not without fault but just as you would with your own
child, spouse, or lover, you will forgive it's sins if you see that it is
working to correct them. And you also do what you can to help. How shallow
to be expected to turn your back when things aren't going so well.

There are many wonderful countries out there that I'd love to see and some I
wouldn't visit for a million US dollars but I wouldn't choose to live the
rest of my life out anywhere but here. (naturally, since I've been told I
must be a gum chewer because all US cits are, I wouldn't want to live in a
country where it was a actually punishable crime!! Honest-look it up!) I
looked up migration statistics and saw that I am not alone in that, most
residents and many non-residents apparently felt the same way. Of course
there were several other countries that have their own cheer leaders also.
Good. That's the way it should be. (usually)

I did find one very informative site that gave crime and other statistics
every way you could care to look. A neutral site in my opinion but then
anyone who is reading this has the capability to do his own research, just
don't rely on hearsay or any one source alone, please, before you speak out.
For accuracy in seeing a country as a whole you need to look at the per
capita (per person) statistics because of course a country with 5% of the
world's population (I believe that is approximately correct for the US) will
have more murders (for example) than a country with .005% of it. We weren't
in the best place, but always far from worst. No one was consistently best
really. Now-the website:

http://www.nationmaster.com

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 25, 2003, 3:14am
No, I do believe I made a complete idiot out of you. Oh, and I'll even give
you a cookie! But, no gold, or else the klingons might try to steal it!

-Joe

Yeah, also... I hate it when people claim their countries contribute
more foreign aide even though it's us by a long shot (with the
population factored). It's not federal aide, but personal aide that
whomps european countries left and right. -- Last I checked anyways...
with that note, Isreal gets pretty much all the foreign federal aide,
which is actually pretty little in comparison to all the non-federal
aide. Go ahead, your country may contribute 20% of each person's annual
income, but when your country only makes $1,000,000... that's not a
whole lot in comparison to 5% of $50 Billion.

Again, last I checked.

No of SETI units returned: 74
Processing time: 66 days, 6 hours.
(Total hours: 1590)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

[View Quote] Are we talking metallurgy or not, if we are that hose tube must be
pretty strong.

No of SETI units returned: 74
Processing time: 66 days, 6 hours.
(Total hours: 1590)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

[View Quote] Gold plated latinum!

No of SETI units returned: 74
Processing time: 66 days, 6 hours.
(Total hours: 1590)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3f47a373 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> He made things like the terrain flattener and has helped out with
> security and such on several occasions..

The terrain thing was just a few lines of code change heh. I've done
countless other things of my own, although not very publicized (and in some
cases, not extremely usefull either).

KAH

.duo.

Aug 25, 2003, 11:17am
OMG, ROFLMAO. That's the stupidest, most horrible thing I've heard in a
while, but its so much so it's funny.
[View Quote]

.duo.

Aug 25, 2003, 11:18am
Proof? lol >:-P

"joeman" <john at fakeplastic.com> wrote in
news:3f47a2c3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> You haven't done anything useful yourself, so why should you be
> allowed to post?

What usefull things have you done? Besides being resident wiseass, that is.

The Lady is just a severely disruptive element. She's not like Eep for
example, she doesn't attack people personally (well, usually), but she
still starts a bunch of completely useless threads encouraging disruptive
action. She spams. You can have my posting revoked when I start spamming.

"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in news:3f48d90e$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It is more like people commenting and answering that fills it up.

That's the consequence. She's the cause.

KAH

.duo.

Aug 25, 2003, 11:45am
Example:
Per capita, the UK has more crime than the US:
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_tot_cri_cap&int=15
Also FAR more car theft (per capita):
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_car_the_cap&int=15
And look at all the countries with higher per capita burglaries:
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_bur_cap&int=15
However, since the US throws drug addicts and such in jail, it has the
highest amount of prisoners (per capita):
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_pri_cap&int=15
And once again, many countries have more robberies (per capita):
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_rob_cap&int=15
THE US ISN'T EVEN ON THE LIST OF THE 15 COUNTRIES WITH THE most fraud (per
capita):
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_fra_cap&int=15
Nor embezzlements:
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_emb_cap&int=15
US isn't even on the list of most convictions, not to mention the most
convictions per capita:
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_con&int=15
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_con_cap&int=15
Is however pretty high on the assualts (per capita) list:
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_ass_cap&int=15
And tops the adults prosecuted (per capita, once again because of the
prosecution of drug addicts):
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_adu_pro_cap&int=15
Not even on the murders (per capita) list:
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_mur_cap&int=15
Unless you go to the BIG list:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_cap&int=-1
Isn't even on the BIG list for manslaughter (per capita):
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_man_cap&int=-1
Yet isn't even on the BIG list for police (per capita:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_pol_cap&int=-1
Yet is reasonably high on the rape (per capita) list:
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/cri_rap_cap&int=15
But is reasonably high on the murders with firearms list (per capita, of
course):
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_wit_fir_cap&int=-1
[View Quote]

count dracula

Aug 25, 2003, 3:12pm
..duo. <ncommons at comcast.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f48e79f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I think the whole g-rated thing is bull pucky.
>
> There are no studies which show that exposure to sex, potical topics, or
> other exposure is harmful (exlcuding violence and bondage, neither of
which
> can be done or shown on AW).

I know it do not make much sense to have a movie rating system in a chat.

I have also questioned our so called moral in the western civilition several
times; that usually just end up in flaming and hatemails and grams tho, so
not sure if I even bother going into all the strange the strange things we
do and live accord.

Drac

.duo.

Aug 25, 2003, 3:13pm
Yeah...
[View Quote]

count dracula

Aug 25, 2003, 3:16pm
kah <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:Xns93E29B6FEB9E0kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201...
> "count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in news:3f48d90e$1
> at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

> That's the consequence. She's the cause.
>
> KAH

I still think she must have her right to express her thoughts, as long as
she do not do any personal attacks or use language that might causa traumas
to hipocritical people.

Not sure if The Lady owns a world, but if she do, I think it would be
against the EULA to remove posting rights from a worldowner, because I
recall it says that Ng support is included in the deal.

Drac

usul 2

Aug 25, 2003, 7:37pm
The "cause" of all the commenting and answers is peoples lack of willpower
to refrain from doing so. Saying that TheLady is the cause is like saying
the Newsgroups or for that matter Activeworlds is the cause. Afterall, if
the newsgroups weren't here, she wouldn't be posting to them.

joeman

Aug 25, 2003, 7:39pm
Ok, every community needs the town-jackass. I fit that little niche.... As
for The Lady, you're just upset that she's promoting her views. You know
who else didn't like people to do that? Stalin... Look where that got him.

-Joe

[View Quote] In charge of one of two super powers. Where are you going with the
Stalin analogy? That he died? Well... all people die from natural
causes, yes. (some from man-made too -- I don't think Stalin was killed
via manslaughter, or else his body wouldn't be on display in such good
condition. I guess the real question is why is this still in a bubble.)

No of SETI units returned: 74
Processing time: 66 days, 6 hours.
(Total hours: 1590)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

.duo.

Aug 25, 2003, 11:25pm
Depends whether you believe willpower exists.
[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Aug 25, 2003, 11:39pm
Daphne....XelaG...The Lady...etc...etc...etc....

Can we all please stop for a second and truly look at all that EVERYONE
gives to the CommunitY?

Each and every name in this thread has given their best that they can.

Amount of time spent, or monies, should hopefully not be considered here.

Instead, just the fact that they GAVE.

For pete's sake (sorry if there is a citizen named "pete" in aw....not
referring to you:)....can we just take a deep look historically at all
everyone has given, instead of hanging laundry out for everyone to see
please?

When I see people hurting other people in here, it saddens my heart. And the
sadder it gets, the more I consider leaving AW entirely.

I don't come to AW to see people attacking each other, (yes I consider the
ngs part of AW, so please refrain from pointing out the difference of the
two to me:).

For 6 years I truly enjoyed organizing the Cys.

Ya want to know why?

Because the CommunitY was once a group of wonderful people, who spent thier
time listening to folks problems, and walking them through the bad times.

Ya'll spent a ton of time taking a new tourist or citizen under your wings
and teaching them the wonderment of all AW has to offer.

Ya'll had fun once, learning new things.

This year will be the first year the Cys won't go on. (Sorry, I had intended
to make it a formal announcement, but decided after reading this thread, to
do it now.)

I am going to take some time to consider the reorganization of the Cys.

I am going to take some time to consider if the Cys should continue at all.

When I consider the phrase "CYs are CommunitY" then read threads such as
this one, I have to reconsider that phrase. I think most of you can figure
out why.

AW is getting to be a less fun place to be.

Not because of management of the program.
Not because of hacking.
Not because of theft.

Because of the anger and hate, bigotry and defamation of characters.

Because we have lost that wonderful feeling we all had when we were young in
AW........

daphne

Aug 26, 2003, 2:08pm
Sorry if I don't feel "chastised" at all, Momma Bit.. :o) (WB btw...
*G*)

Now and then ppl just feel like a little "theraputic blood-letting" and
that's made evident by those who attack first...

Well, I'm willing to give as good as I get and that's what I did when XelaG
and ORB both decided they'd jump on me... :o) Anyone that can't take
flames shouldn't flame someone that will flame back... *G*

Anyway, Bit, you are about 24 to 48 hours after the fact.. Most of the
flames stopped when I tired of the "game" on Saturday... LOL Nothing
like the "fuel" walking out on the fire!!! :o)

Sorry to hear you aren't going to be prepared to put on a Cy thingy this
year... Does that mean Cy Month is off too and I don't have to plan an
event for it now??? It's all that travelling around the country and
fishing, eh??? No time left to sit down and make major plans and put them
into action??? I know the feeling there, hon!!! :o)

"Because the CommunitY was once a group of wonderful people, who spent thier
time listening to folks problems, and walking them through the bad times.",
ect. ect. ect... Bit,,, I don't know where you hang out but many ppl
still do the things you say were "once" done by the wonderful ppl in AW...

The AW CommunitY is STILL pretty darn wonderful... Flamewars, bickering,
snipeing, whether you realize it or not, are often just a "pressure
valve"... A way of letting off steam occasionally and then getting back to
the business at hand... Anyone that beleieves all they read in the ngs are
just not using their own brains...

Please don't try to make out that the flames in these particular threads are
the reason you won't be getting the Cys organized this year... The story
is never quite that simple, hon... :o) Go ahead and announce it formally
instead of burying it in another thread... People do deserve to know,
formally... *S*

Anyway... Enough of the ngs for now... There's other things that need
doing.. :o)

*HUGS*
Daphne

PS... I ran across a very telling quote the other day and I want to
share it::::

We live in a time in which the ability to create deceptive simulations,
especially for television, has become essential to the exercise of power.
And the inability to see through these deceptions has become a form of
powerlessness. Those who let themselves be taken in by the multiple
deceptions of politics, news, advertising and public relations, are doomed,
like the more gullible members of the radio audience that listened to "War
of the Worlds" in 1938, to play a role in other people's dramas, while
mistakenly believing that they are reacting to something genuine. from
Dorothy Thompson - New York Tribune

One of these days im going to get a chainsaw and cut that Y down to size...
:)

I understand you both. I also understand that a lot of bickering can put
pressure on other people who see all of it, like Bit here. And I'm not
quite sure why there is pressure in the first place.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Aug 27, 2003, 9:38pm
LOL......you would need to get past me to do it;)

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 27, 2003, 9:39pm
What if he had a really long chainsaw? :O

-Joe

[View Quote]

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  |