Who will leave (Community)

Who will leave // Community

Jan 3, 2002, 2:14am
I want to know who's going to leave with the price increase.. I know it's a
great amount. Don't say anything bad just tell if you'll leave or not. :)

--Bowen--

s p a r k

Jan 3, 2002, 2:23am
Not till my cit expires :P
Which is in Oct, may I add. Aw's getting kind of broing so I might leave
before then.
Only the future will tell!
~S p a r K
[View Quote]

sw comit

Jan 3, 2002, 2:37am
Depends if they give existing users a special discount or not, which they
haven't decided.

[View Quote]

dotar sojat

Jan 3, 2002, 3:56am
If the current plan goes all the way through I leave when my most current cit
account expires.

[View Quote] > Depends if they give existing users a special discount or not, which they
> haven't decided.

[View Quote]

lord perception

Jan 3, 2002, 6:11am
[View Quote] Depends

I'll be sitting tight for a while until I have to renew in September. Then
I will make the decision. Whether I feel I'll be getting my moneys worth
and whether there are enough people in AW to interact/have fun with. If AW
begins feeling like a ghost town, that many friends have gone, I'm unable
to make many new friends to replace the ones I've lost and AW hasn't
progressed at a satisfactory rate, then I'll probably just leave.

If I am going to end up paying $114 US (almost $300 NZ) a year I would
expect the product
AW provides to be of atleast a very high standard.

We'll just wait and see what happens.

brant

Jan 3, 2002, 11:49am
My citizenship doesn't expire until January 2003, and I'll be paying after
that every month, as long as there are enough people around to warrant using
the software.

As I said before, it's not a question of whether I'll pay - I'm not the
richest person in the world, but I'll find a way to scrounge up enough money
to stick around if AW is worthwhile. But if AW's citizen count is cut in a
quarter, then I can't justify spending that much money to hang around a
dying community.

What I find a shame is that I've basically wasted all this time programming
software that won't be used in the upcoming months. Thus, I'm not going to
be programming any bots anymore until I see what the results of this price
change are in the end. I had always considered AW's decline making all of
that a waste of time suddenly; what I hadn't considered is a new plan like
this that will slowly decrease the number of users on AW instead of AW
simply giving out suddenly.

[View Quote]

data21

Jan 3, 2002, 1:49pm
Im not sure who blinded all you guys, but think about that new price, are
you just seeing the $10.00 a month and say wow what a good thing.
well think about this, its been $20.00 a year, now its going to be $120.00
dollars a year!

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Jan 3, 2002, 1:59pm
i gonna stay till my cit expires , and if renewall cost more then 20 $ a
year i wont be in AW anymore

"data21" <dbmiller at kiski.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c347d70 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Im not sure who blinded all you guys, but think about that new price, are
> you just seeing the $10.00 a month and say wow what a good thing.
> well think about this, its been $20.00 a year, now its going to be $120.00
> dollars a year!

[View Quote]

cozmo

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C19462.CBD31A00

not everyone cna just spit out 10 dollars every month like you...

[View Quote] When the cable company ups it rates or offers the 'one channel' you =
want with 5 others that no one wants and can only remain on the air =
'because' they'r packaged with something of value, what do you do... you =
either pay or you don't... There's no point in whining about it... Is =
the one channel worth the price?... We'r not talking about a kidney =
transplant here.=20

AW is entertainment... You pay for it or you leave... Does anyone =
actually believe that the company is going to go back on it's new =
pricing because they get a bunch of angry emails from Tourists (who =
don't pay...) RIGHT!!! And about the Citizens... Ya, you'l have to pay =
more... so what could you do with $10 a month... another burger and =
fries... I think I'l pass on the B&F and pay to remain in Alpha...=20

Do I agree with the price increase... I'm not sure... I don't have all =
the facts so can't say how justified it is... BUT I'v no doubt it's =
going to remain in some form... I appear to be one of the very few that =
don't have to worry about $10 (missing out on one meal of McDs...) a =
month... I'm also no ones fool... If Alpha stops providing me with =
'entertainment' then I wouldn't pay for it... There are any number of =
other endeavors I could 'waste my time on'... For what I get from AW I =
can't see how $10 a month is asking too much... I'l pay (next Nov) when =
it's due...=20

I believe in the program... I'v done my share of looking and no other =
program matches what AW offers... (ya, there are all kinds of '3D =
games/chat utils' out there but that's not what I'm interested in...) I =
like building... To create my own virtual living space... AW gives me =
that...=20

PS... I do agree with the time limit on Tourists however... Maybe make =
it a month but having it open ended only invites those who want a free =
ride to take advantage of it. There are likely any number who just can't =
pay... It's a shame. I'm sure 'some' would make worthy Citizens... It's =
also a shame that I don't have my own plane, boat, condo, Island =
resort... Life's a bitch sometimes... roll with it...=20

[View Quote] I want to know who's going to leave with the price increase.. I know =
it's a=20
great amount. Don't say anything bad just tell if you'll leave or =
not. :)=20
--Bowen--

--=20
Tyrell - Alpha Prime - 21.8s 457e 90 - "Mundus vult decipi"=20
"Eat well, stay fit, die anyway."=20
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/ty1/index.html=20
ICQ UN - 272905=20
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C19462.CBD31A00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>not everyone cna just spit out 10 =
dollars every=20
month like you...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>tyrell &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca">tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3C340BC4.BF2D5071 at sk.sympatico.ca">news:3C340BC4.BF2D5071 at sk=
..sympatico.ca</A>...</DIV>I'l=20
'not' be leaving...=20
<P>An important issue seems to be missed in all this... AW is =
entertainment...=20

<P>When the cable company ups it rates or offers the 'one channel' you =
want=20
with 5 others that no one wants and can only remain on the air =
'because'=20
they'r packaged with something of value, what do you do... you either =
pay or=20
you don't... There's no point in whining about it... Is the one =
channel worth=20
the price?... We'r not talking about a kidney transplant here.=20
<P>AW is entertainment... You pay for it or you leave... Does anyone =
actually=20
believe that the company is going to go back on it's new pricing =
because they=20
get a bunch of angry emails from Tourists (who don't pay...) RIGHT!!! =
And=20
about the Citizens... Ya, you'l have to pay more... so what could you =
do with=20
$10 a month... another burger and fries... I think I'l pass on the =
B&amp;F and=20
pay to remain in Alpha...=20
<P>Do I agree with the price increase... I'm not sure... I don't have =
all the=20
facts so can't say how justified it is... BUT I'v no doubt it's going =
to=20
remain in some form... I appear to be one of the very few that don't =
have to=20
worry about $10 (missing out on one meal of McDs...) a month... I'm =
also no=20
ones fool... If Alpha stops providing me with 'entertainment' then I =
wouldn't=20
pay for it... There are any number of other endeavors I could 'waste =
my time=20
on'... For what I get from AW I can't see how $10 a month is asking =
too=20
much... I'l pay (next Nov) when it's due...=20
<P>I believe in the program... I'v done my share of looking and no =
other=20
program matches what AW offers... (ya, there are all kinds of '3D =
games/chat=20
utils' out there but that's not what I'm interested in...) I like =
building...=20
To create my own virtual living space... AW gives me that...=20
<P>PS... I do agree with the time limit on Tourists however... Maybe =
make it a=20
month but having it open ended only invites those who want a free ride =
to take=20
advantage of it. There are likely any number who just can't pay... =
It's a=20
shame. I'm sure 'some' would make worthy Citizens... It's also a shame =
that I=20
don't have my own plane, boat, condo, Island resort... Life's a bitch=20
sometimes... roll with it...=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C19462.CBD31A00--

I will stay if I can manage to... I'll stay to the last day if I can... I
hope that before my cit expires (quite a bit yet), they'll come to sense and
change the prices again... at least I can hope ;-))

dotar sojat

Jan 3, 2002, 7:25pm
Well with some creative shuffling of my accounts I am now good till Nov 1st.
However with them planning to auto delete the builds of expired users, there
goes the large cave and river complex I built in alpha world. Unless they are
willing to do something to allow it's ownership shifted into my other cit # now.
But I know how likely that is. Its a grand build and I will be taking quite a
few screenshots of it to save the memories. Its a pity that this deletion thing
will also ruin Lara's Interesting Places To Visit list.

[View Quote] > I will stay if I can manage to... I'll stay to the last day if I can... I
> hope that before my cit expires (quite a bit yet), they'll come to sense and
> change the prices again... at least I can hope ;-))
>
> KAH

[View Quote]

anduin lothario

Jan 3, 2002, 8:23pm
Leaving - To Outerworlds

[View Quote]

anduin lothario

Jan 3, 2002, 8:24pm
AW is entertainment and so are its other Universes.

TO OUTERWORLDS!!!

Anduin Lothario
ICQ#:17962714

SMS: (Send an SMS message to my ICQ): +278314217962714
More ways to contact me:
http://wwp.icq.com/17962714
http://www.anduin-lothario.com

nornny11

Jan 3, 2002, 8:29pm
meh, cit expires in January nowadays (THANK YOU SERVER CRASHES OF 00 and
01!!!). I have to update soon, for 20 dollars and it's a cheap ride for a
year. By next year, who knows, personally, I might be too busy in the first
place to play with AW. At least I can stay for now and see how things weed
out the longest.

Nornny

[View Quote]

cozmo

Jan 3, 2002, 9:43pm
bye? you leave way too soon for a cit that hasnt even expired yet (doesnt
apply to you until then) and you seem to think AW wont realize there
maistake and change it? i beleive they will, but if they dont i still have a
year

[View Quote]

tenderheart o

Jan 3, 2002, 10:23pm
Oh give me a break on this one.. !! When cable companies decide to
change their rates it's usually for a very good deal and if not they at
least tell you about it far enough in advance or do it gradually !! this
was sprung on a group of people who without them .. this program of
entertainment you so called it.. would be non -existant to begin with..
and let me remind you about the substantual amount they are raising it..
i mean i am pretty sure any person who has been in AW for a while and
who knows it's value would agree with a pay increase.. but to more then
triple it's price in a matter of a week is something totally diffrent..
.. i imagine you have plenty of money and don't mind staying in a place
that for a short time while people are letting their cit's and world
time's run out.. suddenly in the position of looking at what they've
worked sooo hard for .. knowing that it will all soon be gone..because
they can't afford it.. i am one of them! nice loyalty we've all been
shown with this abrupt new year upgrade! Save AW is pretty funn when
so many people i'm sorry more then so many people will leave and AW will
ceast to exsist.. within a matter of a year.. when most worlds are up
and cit's are done.. Happy Freakin New Year .. and thanks for the
memories.. that's about all we are getting...
TH

[View Quote] > I'l 'not' be leaving...

> An important issue seems to be missed in all this... AW is
> entertainment...
>
> When the cable company ups it rates or offers the 'one channel' you
> want with 5 others that no one wants and can only remain on the air
> 'because' they'r packaged with something of value, what do you do...
> you either pay or you don't... There's no point in whining about it...
> Is the one channel worth the price?... We'r not talking about a kidney
> transplant here.
>
> AW is entertainment... You pay for it or you leave... Does anyone
> actually believe that the company is going to go back on it's new
> pricing because they get a bunch of angry emails from Tourists (who
> don't pay...) RIGHT!!! And about the Citizens... Ya, you'l have to pay
> more... so what could you do with $10 a month... another burger and
> fries... I think I'l pass on the B&F and pay to remain in Alpha...
>
> Do I agree with the price increase... I'm not sure... I don't have all
> the facts so can't say how justified it is... BUT I'v no doubt it's
> going to remain in some form... I appear to be one of the very few
> that don't have to worry about $10 (missing out on one meal of
> McDs...) a month... I'm also no ones fool... If Alpha stops providing
> me with 'entertainment' then I wouldn't pay for it... There are any
> number of other endeavors I could 'waste my time on'... For what I get
> from AW I can't see how $10 a month is asking too much... I'l pay
> (next Nov) when it's due...
>
> I believe in the program... I'v done my share of looking and no other
> program matches what AW offers... (ya, there are all kinds of '3D
> games/chat utils' out there but that's not what I'm interested in...)
> I like building... To create my own virtual living space... AW gives
> me that...
>
> PS... I do agree with the time limit on Tourists however... Maybe make
> it a month but having it open ended only invites those who want a free
> ride to take advantage of it. There are likely any number who just
> can't pay... It's a shame. I'm sure 'some' would make worthy
> Citizens... It's also a shame that I don't have my own plane, boat,
> condo, Island resort... Life's a bitch sometimes... roll with it...

[View Quote]

syntax

Jan 4, 2002, 2:02am
hehe, I'm here 'till mid-October. I can stick around and check out how
things go until then. I'm just mad because some of my friends only have
like 4 months left and they can't renew with the current high rates. I
think i'll pay the $20 bucks CANADIAN for the first month and fool around
with all the new features but I don't think I'll be renewing after that.
:-(
--
- Syntax -
http://swcity.net

[View Quote]

trekkerx

Jan 4, 2002, 5:55am
I be on until I find somethin better or my cit expires

--
TrekkerX
Commatron & Athnex

lilalpha phalpha

Jan 4, 2002, 6:54am
Dear AW Community,
Due to circumstances beyond my control (we all know what thoes are) I
will be leaving aw -permanently- when my citizenship expires on the 20th of
June. I do not believe these prices changes are fair, although i can see
why they are needed. I was hoping the prices for currently regestered
citizens would be lower, but the chances of that are slim. I really with
there were some way around this, but there isnt... It just dosen't seem
real. I cannot afford the new prices as my parents are paying for my
citizenship currently and they won't pay $114 a year.

I have been an active citizen of AW, and an active member of the
community for 6 years this comming March. I have made lots of friends,
built many things, and I did many things here I could never dream of doing
in real life. I have learned to program here with the help of friends. I
have made objects, and avatars. I have almost lived a life in AW. I am a
member of the Cy Comittee, the AWComReg, and a former member of the AWEC. I
put many hours into all of them. I will continue to serve the community
untill July 20, 2001 at 8:29PM in which my citizenship expires. I hope
everything i have worked at in ActiveWorlds for the past 6 years wasn't in
vein.

It's just a shame that i have to leave it all behind, there were so many
things i hadn't done yet...

So, unless things change you can consider this my first farewell (I'll
prolly have another one in June :) ) It's been a great 6 years!

For all of you who are staying, and for thoes who have to leave, Good luck
to all of you, and godspeed.

LilAlpha Phalpha