lilalpha phalpha // User Search

1  2  3  |

A wishlist of important things...

Jan 6, 2001, 9:30pm
So Eep, what your saying is you want AW to be more GAMELIKE? Not a game
right?

I agree, adding gamelike features would add to the reality of the software.
For instance, if you in a world where you cant fly, and mabey your in a big
puzzle or maze, you could jump over obstacles, or shoot down secret walls.

Some of the features of AW 3.1 might help improve the visitors experience:
ex. the new 'light' command, an object will be able to cast light and will
probably look very cool in a world with dark lighting... Which means
lampposts may be able to light roads, or path at night while your walking
down them...

Also, a new shooting feature would be nice, especially for games like AWCtf,
or paintball, as it would take the job off of the bot (which cant do its job
that well anyways),

I also agree with Eep, that if AW doesn't even try to 'tag-along' with these
other 3d games that are appearing, where you can chat and play at the same
time (multiplayer games.) It just might be awhile before AWCOM realizes
this...

If you tried some of these other games (like Starsiege Tribes, for ex.,) you
would see that some of them have 'communities' also. They may not be as
organized as the AW Community, but there are different clans you can join,
and play along side each other. There are different ladders you can play
on, and face other clans on a closed server. There are people who make
different MODs for the game (which alters the game in every way possible,
except on the client side.) You can also make different levels/maps. You can
generate your own terrain and modify it, place bases, MAKE AI BOTS (Which
happen to be built into the Starsiege Tribes client). You can even make
objects for some of these games through 3d graphics designers, like 3d MAX,
so as far as level/editing or building, whichever you may prefer, they are
similar up to the way they are done. Then you can send them all over the
'game's community' and have your level/map played on all of the major
servers.

I agree, there some good points about AW, number one being its community,
and all the organizations within. But, there are some other programs that
has all AW has PLUS some.

I don't think Ron 'Protagonist' Britvitch really expected AW to become a
game, or a tool for e-commerce at that. I think he just meant for it to be
an interactive chat program. But if we want Protagonist's creation to live
on we have to do something.

LilAlpha Phalpha :)
PS: If you people haven't realized it but Eep is also concerned about the
future of AW too... He isn't trying to destroy it by turning it into a game,
he is trying to save it. We each have our own ways of doing things, his
just happen to be unique. So don't flame Eep when he gets started about
this, support him, or else you might get flamed back, and trust me, it isn't
pretty.

Hmm..

Jan 5, 2001, 2:55am
LOL, mabey you two should stop and think about what your saying before you
go off an insult another person? completely meaningless... It is
interesting, however, how you can take a simple wish in the wishlist and
turn it into a fight :)

LilAlpha Phalpha

[View Quote]

World Hosting

Jul 17, 2001, 6:09pm
I belive the *S* means Smile, like a gesture. And to spell it out: *S* = :)

Lilalpha Phalpha

[View Quote]

Cy Avatar Donations

Oct 9, 2000, 4:48am
Hi all!
We are looking for new Cy Awards formal avatars for our new world. If
you have a FORMAL av you would like to submit send it and its textures
zipped to avatars at cyawards.org

Here are the requirements for the Av's:
1. All av's must be formal, in evening wear, no casual av's.
2. Female Av's outfits must be flashy, no dull Dresses.
3. No miniskirts, tube tops, or other less than formal clothing.
4. Av names must begin with Cy (ex. Cymon, CySmith, Cynthia)

All av's will be reviewed by me, and then by AlphaBit Phalpha (good luck,
LOL). Any av's not meeting the above, or not passing the review will be
thrown in the recycle bin... LOL

LilAlpha Phalpha
Cy Awards Committee member

Cy Avatar Donations

Oct 9, 2000, 8:01pm
Yes bit <bows> :)>

LilAlpha

[View Quote]

**vote***

Oct 10, 2000, 10:50pm
You guys are too twitty :)

LilAlpha

[View Quote]

**vote***

Oct 11, 2000, 11:40pm
Oh yeah? how about being filtered TWICE! now thats a twitty experience, both
e-mail addy's :D

LilAlpha Phalpha

Keep up the twittyness :)

[View Quote]

Discrimination towards the Gor culture

Dec 26, 2000, 12:01am
Eep, do you have to make a point about a bunch of exclamation points? :) Hey
mabey some people have that habit, nothing you can really do 'bout that. :)
Now, I don't mean to insult you, but its kinda stupid to start up an
argument about that, so lets end it here okay? :) We really don't need a
plethora of posts like this, it just takes up space :)

Thank ya :)

LilAlpha Phalpha :)

[View Quote]

BAH HUMBUg

------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01C06EC4.1E6D5160

Actually "Bah, Humbug" was Scrooge from a book called A Christmas Carol. =
Make sure you know what your talking about before you post. :)

LilAlpha Phalpha=20

[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01C06EC4.1E6D5160

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Actually "Bah, Humbug" was Scrooge from =
a book=20
called </FONT><EM><U>A Christmas Carol</U></EM>.&nbsp; <FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Make sure you know what your talking about before you post.=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>LilAlpha Phalpha </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>tony56 &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:chandler56 at mail.com">chandler56 at mail.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<A=20
href=3D"news:3a47ecc0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a47ecc0$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</FONT></DIV><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; yeah, OK, shut up Grinch. we don't need your =
bah humbug=20
crap.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; --<BR>&gt; - Tony56 (<A=20
href=3D"mailto:chandler56 at mail.com">chandler56 at mail.com</A>)<BR>&gt; =
"Freedom:=20
That's What The Government Wants You To Believe!"<BR>&gt;=20
____________________________________________________________<BR>&gt; =
agent fox=20
mulder &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:jarync at home.com">jarync at home.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message<BR>&gt; <A=20
href=3D"news:3a46adb6 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a46adb6 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
&gt; yea yea yea whatever All I Say Is bah Humbug I Must Steel =
Christmas<BR>&gt;=20
And Kill<BR>&gt; &gt; Those hos (ltlle people from the hood)--<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&gt=
; &gt;=20
HEY DOWNLOAD ACTIVEWORLDS 3d CHAT Today<BR>&gt; &gt; A Chat where Your =
In worlds=20
yea go to <A =
href=3D"http://www.activeworlds.com">www.activeworlds.com</A><BR>&gt;=20
&gt; YOU'LL Like it also check out <A=20
href=3D"http://www.geocities.com/uswf_head">www.geocities.com/uswf_head</=
A><BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01C06EC4.1E6D5160--

USWF is comming to a end unless...

Dec 26, 2000, 11:51pm
Sorry to hear that Anduin Lothar retired from the USWF :(, this was the
first attempt at a Currency system in AW :). I hope you guys can support
those worlds... or mabey if you all get really good grades in school
(depending upon if your in school :) ), ENZO may let you keep them - just a
suggestion. :) Well good luck and I hope you get to keep the worlds. :)

LilAlpha Phalpha :)

[View Quote]

AlphaWorld up

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C075A2.120A71C0

<snip>Immigration Officer: PLEASE NOTE: AlphaWorld is back up for now, =
but building will be disabled until AlphaWorld's server machine can
be repaired.
<snip>

hmm mabey the AlphaWorld server machine is damaged?:) Mabey Enzo spilt =
some coffee in the machine? Just a guess :)>

LilAlpha=20

[View Quote] --=20
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Pizza Pie!"
[View Quote] --
Mauz
http://tnlc.com/mauz/

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C075A2.120A71C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&lt;snip&gt;Immigration Officer: PLEASE =
NOTE:=20
AlphaWorld is back up for now, but building will be disabled until=20
<STRONG><U>AlphaWorld's server machine can<BR>be=20
repaired.</U><BR></STRONG>&lt;snip&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hmm mabey the AlphaWorld server machine =
is=20
damaged?:) Mabey Enzo spilt some coffee in the machine? Just a guess=20
:)&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>LilAlpha</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial =

size=3D2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>tony56 &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:chandler56 at mail.com">chandler56 at mail.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a53a284$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a53a284$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3D"MS Sans Serif" size=3D1>Oooo.. =
wonder what=20
happened to Alpha now :\</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>- Tony56 (Tony M.) [<A=20
href=3D"mailto:chandler56 at mail.com">chandler56 at mail.com</A>]<BR>"Give =
Me=20
Liberty, or Give Me Pizza=20
=
Pie!"<BR>____________________________________________________________</DI=

<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV>mauz &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:mauz at my.activeworlds.com">mauz at my.activeworlds.com</A>&gt;=
=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C075A2.120A71C0--

A Truce......

Jan 4, 2001, 11:56pm
Has this plague to the NGs finally come to an end! Only time will tell...
but lets hope this is the last of it.
Meanwhile, why don't we start COMPLEMENTING people, instead of flaming them,
it would make the NGs a much nicer place :)

See, people tend to say all the bad things, but I haven't heard one good
thing in the NGs till now. Mabey we should make a game? For each complement
you make, you get one point. Who ever has the most points (by a certain
time) wins! Then the NG's would be full of complements instead of flames and
put-downs.

NG's are supposed to be a place to come and get help, and support. People
come to advertise certain products, or services. But it's kinda hard to do
with all of the flames, and arguments. Newbies come in the NGs to get help
if they don't know how to do something, then they get bashed for being so
ignorant (This doesn't hold true in all cases.) But I remember in one post
somewhere, some newbie accidentally messed up the subject on a reply. Next
post down, Eep flamed him (But mabey that's natural?) Anyways, I say we at
least should make some effort to agree, compliment, support, help, and in
some cases even criticize(in a nice way.) A little criticism never hurt
anybody, just don't make it worse!

Personally I want to hear about all the good things going on in AW, like new
community organizations starting, or a new product being offered, or heck,
mabey even a little announcement from the 'elusive' activeworlds :)

Allot of this stuff occurs in the real world too... we always hear about the
bad things on the news more than we hear about the good things... People
getting into arguments, friendships broken, and people are killed. AW isn't
the real world, it is OUR world, lets make the best of it okay? :)

Sure would be nice,
LilAlpha Phalpha

PS: I admit, I have flamed people before, even recently. But, I can assure
you: from now on if I don't have anything good to say about something, I
wont say it at all. mabey some of those strings would die our sooner if we
all stuck to this... :)

Running Active Worlds on a Mac

Jan 5, 2001, 12:22am
LOL, leave him/her alone... if they want to post anything for the heck of
it, let them. It's only their time they are wasting... don't waste yours
replying to meaningless stuff, and flame them, I just goes on.. and on...
and on... until we've got a full scale argument which from what you guys
say, you 'don't like' to keep it simple. :)

LilAlpha Phalpha :)

[View Quote]

Running Active Worlds on a Mac

Jan 5, 2001, 9:02pm
Aha! NEARLY, but I'm not! :) And if someone thinks I did, well just saying I
did not mean it personally!

LilAlpha

[View Quote]

About AW 3.1.....

Jan 4, 2001, 9:33pm
YAY! woohoo! I was hoping theyd add something like a light command :) Most
of the other games i play... objects can emit light. LOL can't wait! :)
And finially you can make objects move withour the complexity of the
astart/adone commands :)) Im gonna have alot of fun with that :)
OH! And YAY! They are adding MP3 Support :)))
Even better...World servers arent Console based anymore :)))) I cant wait
till is released!!!

LilAlpha Phalpha :)))))

[View Quote]

About AW 3.1.....

Jan 4, 2001, 10:13pm
LOL, your always one step ahead! :)>

LilAlpha

[View Quote]

Re: Sexual Thrills?

Jan 4, 2001, 9:39pm
LOL apparently not Goober :)

As for milenko, if you don't like it, then leave it alone and don't start up
dead strings about it... LOL :)

LilAlpha Phalpha

[View Quote]

HELLLLPPPPPP!P!!!!!! MEEEEEEEEE

Jan 5, 2001, 1:21am
Well... I would send another e-mail to sales or billing asking them to
cancel the order... then do the form again.
Best of luck :)

LilAlpha Phalpha

[View Quote]

Texturing on tree01 to tree03

Jan 6, 2001, 3:50am
<snip>
> The wise ones don't post to this newsgroup anymore ;)
<snip>

Go Mauz!!!:)

LilAlpha

[View Quote]

Ignore Last Post PLEASE READ THIS

Jan 6, 2001, 3:46am
Goober, that's how arguments get started! We don't want arguments! :)

LilAlpha

[View Quote]

A suggestion

Jan 5, 2001, 8:57pm
Nothing personal toward AW.COM, but by the time they actually read your
post, AND start the organization... our grandchildren would be old men :) if
ya get my drift :)>

LilAlpha

[View Quote]

A suggestion

Jan 5, 2001, 9:19pm
*Ahem* Old men AND women ;)

LilAlpha Phalpha

[View Quote]

A suggestion

Jan 6, 2001, 3:42am
What exactly is that supposed to mean?

[View Quote]

A suggestion

Jan 6, 2001, 5:38pm
LOL! Hehe...fine okay you win :)>

[View Quote]

Its a miracle!

Jan 5, 2001, 10:34pm
OMG! There was someone in the gate named AWSupport LOL! They do exist! :)

LOL
LilAlpha Phalpha

Its a miracle!

Jan 6, 2001, 3:56am
Heres the log...

<snip>
"Tass": AW hvad?
Corrine: ty again GK
cabLecar gaL: Some Activeworlds, including Alpha World are currently
suffering minor technical problems. This situation will be rectified as soon
as possible. Please direct any inquiries to Activeworlds.com, Inc
"VInGaThoR": helou man
"Veranda": Who's that cute dude behind you TOM?
"King Sam": Veranda wt do u mean by lol
AWSupport: y
"Veranda": Laugh out Loud
VindicatorIII: I slept like a log last night. Yep, woke up in the fireplace!
LilAlpha Phalpha: AWSupport?
Twoflower: kan du se der står brugere? tryk på den..så bliver verdenerne
listet efter hvormange der er ikke hvad de hedder
cabLecar gaL: hello AW support how are you
"TOM GIRL": ok
"TOM GIRL": LOL
Terradragon: g'day AWsupport
"TOM GIRL": hehe
"Veranda": TOM, turn around.
VindicatorIII: At last! Someone to lean on. Hi AWSupport
Corrine: aw support is feeling down and out tonite
"Veranda": there's a cute dude.
"TOM GIRL": who
"King Sam": oh nice
AWSupport: Heh busted my lurk.. Working..:)
Old Kunnel: I didn't sleep exactly like a log...although I barked alot.
"Tass": Eh....AWgames og AW univ3
"TOM GIRL": king
cabLecar gaL: yes good day support
King Surfer: howdy AWSupport
"Veranda": The dude with the beard
King Surfer: hehe
".....": Hello, Any1 Wanna Play PaintBall? Trying To Get A Big Game Going In
OuterX
King Surfer: how ya doing
King Surfer: Never saw you before
AWSupport: Busy.. :)
cabLecar gaL: hey that is a good thing you busted your lurking
"illegal opcode": i wanna play paint ball
Calladon: Cyber paint ball? : P
"Veranda": HI
"Veranda": You are cute
".....": its fun
Twoflower: nå .så prøv den der hedder atlantis...kan du se den?
cabLecar gaL: if t his is Bill at support please tell Bill that it i s sunny
and quite nice here today in California
"TOM GIRL": he have no name so he is not there
cabLecar gaL: it is like summer in fact here
"Veranda": He did have a name
AWSupport: Heh.. It strting to snow here
"Hardcoreholly": ohhh
"King Sam": hi Stock
Dieselboy: gfd
cabLecar gaL: ahhhhhhh
"TOM GIRL": he is not there
"Veranda": Bummer, he is cute
Corrine: Pennsylvania is cloudy , snow, snow ,and snow
cabLecar gaL: you have to buy it first Mr. Robbie
VindicatorIII: Technical support: & help files at
http://www.activeworlds.com/support.html and/or Email to :
support at activeworlds.com
Mr Robbie: oh
Calladon: Worlds are pretty expensive
Poiso: SIGH
"Veranda": Hi
Mr Robbie: how do I buy it?
Corrine: runs over and throws a snowball at kunnel , I hate it
cabLecar gaL: there is a web site for that Mr. Robbie
Kid Danger: hi
cabLecar gaL: look on the main web site for AW
VindicatorIII: For details and information about World Purchase go to
http://www.activeworlds.com/products/trialform.html (and/or)
http://www.activeworlds.com/servers.html
"Veranda": TOM, go get kid danger
AWSupport: bbl gotta restart
Terradragon: ok have fun AWSupport
"Veranda": King, you are yellow
"Markus": hi
Corrine: would rather ha ve the bugs, kunnel any kind,lol
FireStorm124: hi
cabLecar gaL: have fun support
<snip>

Hes only said 3 things, but still that more than we've heard them say all
year :D

LilAlpha :)

[View Quote]

Re: AW's direction (was Re: portal rendering)

[...]

Reminder - to all the newbie twits: take your shit ELSEWHERE

Jan 25, 2001, 1:23am
One word: Firestorm :)

LilAlpha Phalpha

[View Quote]

Reminder - to all the newbie twits: take your shit ELSEWHERE

Jan 25, 2001, 1:24am
Jeeze, lay off him... he's learned his lesson :)>

LilAlpha Phalpha

Reminder - to all the newbie twits: take your shit ELSEWHERE

Jan 25, 2001, 10:33pm
Hmm.. this is the first time in a long time eep has accually talked to me :)
I could have sworn he added me to his filter? :)
BTW eep, what lesson have I not learned?

LilAlpha Phalpha

[View Quote]

1  2  3  |