silenced // User Search

1  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  |

O_O

May 25, 2002, 1:42pm
Sorry didn't see you already added it.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

O_O

May 26, 2002, 10:44am
Still, not all children are breast fed now-a-days.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

O_O

May 26, 2002, 12:45pm
It's a long complicated idea, just drop it, he put up a little thingie and
that's ok. The fact of the matter is that it was in the Slave section.
That coupled with the nude women could damage a childs mind in a number of
ways. But it doesn't matter anymore.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

O_O

May 26, 2002, 4:53pm
Hah so glad I removed you from my killfile. Niavity is the worse thing you
could get. Unlike you, Anduin is a nice guy. I'm not 16 either, genius.

Still "shitting in one hand and making compliants in the other"?

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

O_O

May 26, 2002, 7:11pm
Sorry wasn't exactly awake yet. My question is, can you learn grammar
correctly? Moron!

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

test

May 28, 2002, 9:31am
He responded to a one from 2002. You must need to clear your news server
cache if you're seeing 1999.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

test

May 28, 2002, 5:12pm
Well, there's no real point.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

No choice

Feb 9, 2002, 6:26pm
suprising isn't it

-silenced

[View Quote]

No choice

Feb 10, 2002, 12:05am
hah I'm not him, just copying his email

-silenced

[View Quote]

An ALTERNATIVE To #D Homepages......

Feb 11, 2002, 12:10am
paying for land is a stupid idea. you already pay for it with a cit, if you
do not get it what's the point of buying a cit in the first place.. visiting
worlds is not worth the price we are going to pay. I do not understand what
this object compiler is just right click on an object, and change their name
and it's a different object. time limits are another thing people hate.
builders don't like to be forced to pump out buildings in a limited time,
creativity doesn't work on a timeline.

it's hard to understand what you are trying to convey to us, it is too
abstract for me anymore. I certainly would not pay for any of this. no
offense.

-silenced

[View Quote] > option of being a car as we drive down the roads. Can AW answer this
one???
> If no one does, I bring it up when I take up some others matters with AW.
> In the meantime Cheers....Patrick :-)

An ALTERNATIVE To #D Homepages......

Feb 12, 2002, 9:42pm

> Then how is it I am able to get on without any problem at all????
Stellar,
> did you add anybody to the list or is it now a public world????

Privately owned. Not private as in red dotted. All green worlds are open
to all. If it's restricted it'll still be red even if you have enter.

I don't have any comment on the rest of the stuff.. :)

-silenced

World hosting and free downloads

Feb 18, 2002, 8:12pm
Uh.. that's easy to get around such as taking the texture name and putting
it there with .jpg.

such as myhost.com/op/textures/this.jpg

No matter how much protection you have, that'll still be accessible if it's
accessible in AW.

-silenced

[View Quote]

World hosting and free downloads

Feb 19, 2002, 2:16am
It only takes a while to discover how things are stored in your cache.
After you figure it out, it takes mere seconds to grab a texture from an
object path in a world you've been at.

-silenced

[View Quote]

World hosting and free downloads

Feb 20, 2002, 12:47am
Wow, yet another insightful post. Do tell why you're so much more mature
"filmkr." You seem to attack anyone and everyone who disagree's with you.
And trust me, you're not professional.

-silenced

[View Quote]

Alpha has got to go

Feb 19, 2002, 3:12pm
I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy building in AW :). It's always
fun to go exploring and find old buildings and see how they were built with
the old browsers.

I'd like to keep AW, although it is falling apart :). Maybe AW should
revamp the GZ (with the old objects and not with those new ones). Maybe
it's just me but those new ones drop framerates down badly.

-silenced

[View Quote]

Spy bot

Feb 21, 2002, 5:45pm
joeman (Joeman at bootdown.com) wrote on Thursday 21 February 2002 02:16 pm:

> If you read any of this at all, you would know its awc bot databasing all
> the worlds for a new 3.3 search thing...

Hmm.. but why does it even need to enter the world? Nothing relevant could
be pulled from it really. Unless you're grabbing the welcome message or
something. In which case they should've posted something about this.

-Silenced

Spy bot

Feb 21, 2002, 7:38pm
They may be excluded completely from all ejections if they have the awld
priv on.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

Spy bot

Feb 21, 2002, 7:54pm
Hmm, but don't you think that AWCom would've added a feature in so if you're
using AWLD's privs that you'd be exempt from that? (but they can just
delete the ejection anyways)

-Silenced

[View Quote]

Spy bot

Feb 21, 2002, 8:45pm
Uh.. just because you've ejected them doesn't mean they don't have the
powers to uneject themselves or delete the ejection. This is the Universe
Admin privilage we're talking about.

They just didn't do anything about it when you did eject them. Most likely
from ill-interest.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 5:32am
The user submits their site to the search engine. I thought indexing bots
just check for updates. My website hasn't been indexed in a search engine
and the bots visit it all the time.

Still a little warning would've been nice that they're testing this. And
instead of a bot doing all this, a submit site where we can submit our own
world info would've been great. Welcome messages and world titles sometimes
don't have anything to do with what's going on in the world.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 2:36pm
What if the land is posted private property? It's still breaking the law.
Not only that but it recorded information about it without the expressed
permission of the owners. Well all be, that's also illegal. If it's
public, it's open to users, not bots.

As Filmkr pointed out, a good point for once, it's on his computer and not
at AW's local office. I think this is also illegal.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 3:51pm
> From what I can tell AWLD has made not formal request nor have they
> stated it was them. I have seen someone who has a screen name of Mcgrim
> claim it was AW work but here is the problem.
>
> 1. The IP is located in the Atlanta area as being owned by COX
> Communications. That indicates that it is a cable internet connection of
> a private household.

It's in San Diego, not Atlanta.

Here's the trace route:

Tracing route to wsip68-15-23-167.sd.sd.cox.net [68.15.23.167]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 13 ms 14 ms <10 ms 10.100.224.1
2 14 ms <10 ms 14 ms 24.92.227.216
3 13 ms 14 ms 14 ms 24.92.225.201
4 14 ms 14 ms 13 ms pop1-alb-P4-1.atdn.net [64.236.4.9]
5 13 ms 28 ms 14 ms bb2-alb-P0-0.atdn.net [64.236.4.5]
6 28 ms 27 ms 14 ms bb2-new-P6-0.atdn.net [64.236.7.30]
7 14 ms 27 ms 14 ms bb1-new-P7-0.atdn.net [64.236.7.5]
8 28 ms 27 ms 28 ms bb1-ash-P13-0.atdn.net [66.185.152.97]
9 27 ms 28 ms 27 ms bb1-dtc-P0-2.atdn.net [66.185.152.114]
10 28 ms 27 ms 27 ms bb1-mtc-P9-0.atdn.net [66.185.152.190]
11 41 ms 28 ms 41 ms pop2-mtc-P14-0.atdn.net [66.185.143.234]
12 27 ms 55 ms 28 ms so-6-3-0.gar1.wdc1.Level3.net [209.0.227.97]
13 28 ms 27 ms 28 ms so-0-0-0.gar2.Washington1.level3.net
[209.247.8.170]
14 27 ms 28 ms 27 ms unknown.Level3.net [64.159.1.193]
15 82 ms 82 ms 97 ms so-2-0-0.mp1.SanDiego1.Level3.net
[64.159.0.238]
16 82 ms 96 ms 82 ms gige9-0.hsipaccess2.SanDiego1.Level3.net
[64.159.1.54] (note it's in San Diego at this point)
17 96 ms 83 ms 82 ms unknown.Level3.net [63.214.191.46]
18 96 ms 82 ms 96 ms 68.1.0.205
19 83 ms 96 ms 82 ms 68.6.8.21
20 82 ms 96 ms 83 ms 68.6.9.98
21 110 ms 110 ms 123 ms wsip68-15-23-167.sd.sd.cox.net
[68.15.23.167]
(final destination is San Diego Cox.net 68.15.23.167)

-Silenced

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 4:20pm
Uh no, private property is owned by the owner. That's the only way you can
post it legally. If we're paying for a world license and the virtual land
without paying on an installment plan, we also own that too. We're not
leasing it, at least not under their license agreement. We're talking about
property, not an apartment btw, they're two completely different things. AW
still owns the software yes, but they don't own your information. Why do
some people feel the need to protect a company's illegal actions? AW may
own the universe, they don't own the worlds though. Just like the gov't,
they can't come onto your property or search it without a warrent. (I'm
speaking for the United States since AW is a US based business.. until AW is
on your local stock markets, it's going to be a US based business)

-Silenced

> What you are failing to get into your head is that, using your analogy,
the so
> called "private property" is just leased not owned. Gads, as the property
owner,
> aw doesn't need your persmission to come in. It is only a courtesy that
> property owners notify before entering NOT a legal requirement. Ask any
apt.
> complex owner. they always reserve the right to enter. and remember
that even
> though the software sits on your computer, AW still owns it.

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 4:31pm
The browser is different then the world license, do you even own worlds? AW
clearly did search the worlds, MrGrimm said he grabbed some info.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 5:41pm
His saying "I own a PC, and I wrote a screenplay... you going to tell me the
motherboard's manufacturer has rights to that copyrighted work?" is exactly
what everyone is agreeing with.

Any past discressions against him should be ignored at this moment, because
you're saying AW is allowed to do that, even though it should be hard drive
and not motherboard. Although these worlds may not be copyrighted, we gave
them money for their goods, it's ours now until it expires.

> motherboard's
>
> Your comparison is flawed. AW always has had access to *ALL* worlds in
their
> universe.

It doesn't make it right to take information without consent.

licensed
> use of software and advertised it's uses
>
> Have they stolen your builds and used them for their own purposes? No.

He said "like" that means he's comparing, he didn't say they did. They did
take information without consent.

them
> to rewrite the rules
for
> new users yes,
>
> uhh... no. The rules haven't changed. Even if they did, it's not fraud.
You
> don't *have* to use AW's software and can leave at any time.

He payed for use, maybe you didn't. It is illegal to change the "rules" for
old users after they've payed for use. As he said, it's fraud. That could
very easily be reported to the BBB.

saying
> they rewrote the license
deception,
> false advertising and fraud to say the least.
>
> You are just pulling things out of thin air here.

No it's true. Let's go back to holistic's apartment analogy. If your
landlord rewrote your lease after you signed and agreed to it, that's
illegal. Again, AW has to follow US business laws. And the world license
is far, far different then the browser license.

-Silenced

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 6:25pm
It deals with the community and worldbuilders. The community deserves to
know what AW's doing behind their backs.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 6:28pm
Calm down there.. he was disagreeing with Agent1, not you. His tone was
very sarcastic.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 6:33pm
So
> thinking,
>
> When did I ever say that?

You implied it in your previous response to Filmkr.

> I never said they owned the contents of a world.

No, but it sounded like you believe they have every right to copy things.

> owner!!! Not the AWC's!!!
>
> So?

So, AWCom has no right to take anything without permission.

> What about not being rude just because I questioned an article you posted
> about your bot on AWNews.com?

What about not bringing other topics in to boost your ego?

-Silenced

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 6:45pm
Again, I wasn't responding to you, it was to agent1. Please, follow who the
response is to in the thread. At the moment, I agree with you.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

Spy bot

Feb 22, 2002, 10:31pm
Nah, just would've been nice if we were informed of their intention at the
get go instead of oops, that's my bot, don't fret, I didn't do anything.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

1  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  |